TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
General Discussions

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : Australia 2012: General Discussions users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through August 13, 2012Flagg25 08-13-12  3:02 pm
Archive through August 16, 2012Stormie25 08-16-12  4:52 pm
Archive through August 21, 2012Flagg25 08-21-12  10:22 am
Archive through August 28, 2012Flagg25 08-28-12  6:11 am
Archive through September 02, 2012Stormie25 09-02-12  12:40 am
Archive through September 06, 2012Lake_gal25 09-06-12  12:36 pm
Archive through September 10, 2012Kitt25 09-10-12  1:21 pm
Archive through September 17, 2012Flagg25 09-17-12  10:33 am
Archive through September 23, 2012Flagg25 09-23-12  6:00 am
Archive through September 28, 2012Willwillbee25 09-28-12  3:22 am
Archive through October 03, 2012Cricket25 10-03-12  1:18 pm
Archive through October 10, 2012Lake_gal25 10-10-12  8:16 pm
Archive through October 15, 2012Flagg25 10-15-12  6:31 pm
Archive through October 21, 2012Puzzled25 10-21-12  10:30 am
Archive through October 29, 2012Kitt25 10-29-12  11:29 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Flagg

06-01-2005

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
They meant that there were so many votes cast that in any other week, this week's loser would have had enough votes to be safe.
In other words, Stacy had more votes this week than those evicted every other week, and possibly more votes than some who were safe in other weeks.

Today's episode continued to show Estelle in the best possible light and Benjamin in possibly the worst.

I liked how when Ben told Estelle he NEVER nominated her, they showed a caption saying he nominated her twice. Though it would have been better to show a brief shot of him actually nominating her twice.

Nothing yet has changed my mind that its a lock for Estelle to win.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 - 10:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Ah thanks, I didn't understand what she meant. Kind of shows to me there really was a (Ben+Stacey) vs Estelle war that prompted viewers to vote in high numbers.

I'm kind of hoping Ben begins to get sympathy votes because they're giving him such a bad edit. What I like about him is he is simply what he is, he doesn't pretend to be anything other than neurotic, outspoken, and gossipy. I much prefer him over someone who pretends to be something they're not.

There's a chance that Michael's votes are so far ahead of anyone else's that he'll win even against Estelle.

Lake_gal

06-09-2004

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lake_gal a private message Print Post    
I don't believe Zoe, Sam or Benjamin can win. But I do think Michael, Layla and Estelle all have a chance. They have all been popular. I think Michael has lost fans as the season has wore on. But he could still have enough. I still think it will depend alot on the edit this week. Estelle gets the sympathy votes. But I think Layla does too. She has been shown to be hurt alot and viewers feel for her. Michael comes off too sneaky and that will probably hurt him. But males do often win this show. It would have been interesting to see if Josh had stayed in the house. He had alot of fans and would have been hard to beat. But I also saw Michael becoming less likeable after Josh left. Michael got close with Benjamin and it wasn't good for him.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 - 6:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
I think its a lot more than just sympathy votes for Estelle.
She is getting a really good edit and they continually show her as an exceedingly nice, forgiving person and above all of the nastiness that is being directed at her by most of the others.

Whether its true or not doesn't really matter, nobody else is getting that good of a portrayal on the show.

I think Layla's chances will be hurt by the relationship with Sam, with the show going out of their way to force them both to admit that its not real and they are both in it for the money.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Thursday, November 01, 2012 - 12:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
More Estelle bias on tonight's show.

She gets dance time in the DR for no apparent reason and then when Ben takes Zoe, Layla and Michael to the Captain's Quarters party for the night, Surly throws Estelle and Sam a fake party in the yard just to bother the others.

Ben takes the opportunity to do yet more whinging and complaining of course, after Estelle pretty much gave him his first competition win.

Oh and Zoe spent the entire episode obsessing over Estelle spooning with Michael the night before.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, November 01, 2012 - 6:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yeah, it does seem a bit like BB are being unfair to Ben and co. by awarding the losers.

I think Michael is losing votes by "spooning" Estelle. Might not be if he wasn't lying to the others about his part in it, but by making out it's one sided it makes him look dishonest, whereas he's been kind of straightforward (mostly) before. I don't think the "I'd get with any of the girls at the after party" comment will have gone down well either.

Layla is sweet (again, mostly) but her "awww" moments get a bit tiresome after a while.

I not overly enamoured with any of them, but I guess I still want Ben or Zoe to win.

Did anyone else notice Estelle showered topless this time? First time I noticed but I presume she's done it all the time. Sam looked her way then quickly looked away as if it was new though.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, November 01, 2012 - 7:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
If it means anything, and it probably doesn't, the Australian betting site sportsbet has these odds to win:
Michael 2.3/1
Estelle 3.7/1
Layla 3.75/1
Benjamin 10/1
Zoe 11/1
Sam 28/1

Betfair (UK) has:
Michael 1.25/1
Estelle 2.85/1
Layla 2.95/1
Ben 7/1
Zoe 7/1
Sam 24/1

Basically both say Sam goes Sunday, Ben and Zoe on Monday, leaving Michael, Estelle and Layla for the final. At least the final three have different fan sets so it'll be fair at least in that way (no split votes).

Flagg

06-01-2005

Thursday, November 01, 2012 - 9:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Interesting betting odds, other than the actual winner those are exactly as I guessed back on Monday. I guess it is pretty obvious.

3.7 to 1, wish I could place a bet.

Lake_gal

06-09-2004

Sunday, November 04, 2012 - 5:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lake_gal a private message Print Post    
Delilah has been evicted!

Today's eviction was no surprise. It was who everyone expected to go first. The biggest surprise was the percentages. Ben is more popular than expected and Michael is less popular. Otherwise the others seem to be where they were expected to be. I wonder if Benjamin picked up Stacey's voters?

Sonia said that they will no longer show the percentages. So when 2 leave tomorrow we won't know what it is. And voting lines are back open.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Sunday, November 04, 2012 - 9:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Definitely a bit of a shakeup with the percentages there.

Sam was quite surprised to see Estelle in first, he thought it was Layla.

Estelle was well out in front but Benjamin second was a surprise, and Michael 4th.

If he doesn't gain some ground then tomorrow it will be Zoe and Michael evicted.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Sunday, November 04, 2012 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
I was surprised to see Benjamin and Michael's positions, too. Maybe voters don't like the way Michael has suddenly glommed on to Estelle after nominating her week after week. It seems as though he thought it wasn't a good idea to keep bashing the ever popular and ever saved Estelle.

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Sunday, November 04, 2012 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
24% Estelle
20% Benjamin
18% Layla
16% Michael
15% Zoe

Double Eviction next time - I am shocked Michael is doing so poorly. I hope this spurs Michael supporters to vote. Although I have found his bitchiness & "romance" with Estelle unsettling & I suppose others have also.

I don't quite "get" the Estelle popularity but she has been even keeled with all the inhouse dislike. Is it just backlash support for the underdog?

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, November 04, 2012 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It surprises me that the votes are so even really. Often on UKBB at the final six there are those with only 2 or 3%, two in the teens or low 20s, then two fighting over that 50-60%.

I don't know if the level(ish) votes mean everyone is liked or everyone is a bit disinterested now, like me.

Looks like Estelle did stay because of a split vote with Stacey+Ben last week. And I would bet Sam's votes go to Layla now, giving her a vote similar to Estelle. If Zoe and Benjamin have the same fans and they want to beat Estelle then they need to band together and vote for Ben. I can see this information being out there really affecting the votes for the final.

Michael peeked too soon, then got bored and careless with his gameplan when Josh went.

Layla also peeked too soon, the ditsy thing just wears thin after a while.

Estelle peeked just at the right time.

Lake_gal

06-09-2004

Sunday, November 04, 2012 - 4:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lake_gal a private message Print Post    
BB has also greatly helped Estelle. Nobody gets the edit she does. I think Michael figured out Estelle's popularity and decided to hook up with her. But I think it backfired on him. He is looking fake for it.

Seeing the percentages will affect how people vote. Maybe Michael's fans got lazy. And I do think Sam's fans will vote Layla. In fact they might have had a bit of vote splitting. Do Zoe's fans give up on her and vote Benjamin? Or do they vote stronger for Zoe and think Benjamin is safe? Hard to judge sometimes.

Lake_gal

06-09-2004

Monday, November 05, 2012 - 6:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lake_gal a private message Print Post    
2 more have left the BB house. The voting lines are back open and the percentages are 33%/34%/33%. So it is anyone's win. Interesting how close it is now.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Monday, November 05, 2012 - 8:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Despite Sonia's attempt at suspense and saying the vote placements have been changing, the same bottom 2 from yesterday went home.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, November 05, 2012 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think those two weren't likely to get any more votes though, both of them had become more unlikeable lately.

Today was Zoe 14%, Michael 16%, ?? 23%, ?? 23%, ?? 24% so Zoe and Michael pretty much kept their votes and it was Sam's share that was spread between Layla and Ben.

I think Zoe and Michael's votes will go to Ben, and I hope he wins tomorrow. At least it's clear for the voters now, no split loyalties.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Monday, November 05, 2012 - 3:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I'm so glad Michael's little game of all of a sudden liking Estelle failed miserably. How could she fall for that? He realized the audience kept saving her so to look better to them he decided he would have a little fling with her. So obvious and conniving. He really thought he had this game in the bag.

At one of the forums I read there are a lot of peeps who don't like him or his actions and I'm glad they weren't in the minority.

Unlike you, Kitt, I don't want Ben to win. He has been so snarky and constantly says how he hates all the HG's. I just can't take his fake open-mouthed smile. Who is the real Ben...I surely don't know.

I guess the only person I kind of want to win is Layla. This show started out one way, but ended up so dreadfully boring. Sad.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Monday, November 05, 2012 - 8:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
I think the thing that unsettled me the most about the Michael//Estelle thing is Michael made it seem like Estelle was coming at him and her advances were unwanted. Which lead to the rants from Zoe. Plus who the heck is Layla to say that she won't make a move on a guy if her friend has expressed an interest. If I remember correctly Zoe's first crush was George. I am not sure if i care which of the three win.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, November 05, 2012 - 10:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I didn't like that either. I think Michael just really doesn't like to disappoint anyone so he's a bit of a ... coward in some ways I suppose. Says what people want to hear.

Also interesting to hear it was Michael saying there was sexual tension between Zoe and him that set Zoe off again. I thought when he said it that if that wasn't what he actually meant then he needed to clarify. I can understand why she was confused.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Tuesday, November 06, 2012 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Zoe only saw a short clip of that "sexual tension" conversation, completely out of context.
It was pretty clear at the time that he was not interested and it was entirely on Zoe's side and not his, but BB didnt show her enough to make it clear.

Todays episode is showing that the "good edit" Estelle is getting isnt really due to creative editing. The others are just annoying, snarky whiners so thats allwe ever see of them. SHe doesnt seem to do that at all, perhaps because she doesnt really have any real friends in there.

Such as the scene right after Michael left where Estelle is off making food for the other 2 and waiting on them and being nice while Ben and Layla sit in the yard slagging her off.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, November 06, 2012 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Estelle seems to slag people off from the other direction, instead of saying the bad things about them, she tells them the good things about herself, with the implication that they don't have those qualities. It's more palatable to the ear, but I don't know how much better it actually is.

I think they're all about as bad as each other. Disappointing season really.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Tuesday, November 06, 2012 - 11:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
I think it would have been a much better season if they had done something early on to break up the group voting from Ben, Stacy, Zoe, Michael.

That group pretty much ran the entire season until the end when they no longer had an opportunity to control nominations.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Tuesday, November 06, 2012 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
I agree, Flagg. It's too bad they didn't put them all up early on.

Lake_gal

06-09-2004

Tuesday, November 06, 2012 - 8:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lake_gal a private message Print Post    
I agree Flagg. That group should have been given more strikes. But then Michael and Benjamin would have been evicted on strikes. So BB quit mentioning it.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, November 07, 2012 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The finale is up... it's two hours long!

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, November 07, 2012 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
10 to 1 odds 6 days ago.

They had that one completely wrong.

I think he lucked out with Michael and Zoe leaving early, he got all their fans votes.

Apparently having an alliance works if the fans go along with it.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, November 07, 2012 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, I think he got Michael and Zoe's votes, but then he stayed on Monday because he was more popular than those two, and he was already neck and neck with Estelle and Layla.

I liked Ben. As I said before, he put everything out there for you to see, and you liked some of it and didn't like some of it, but it just was what it was. I much prefer that over Estelle's more manipulative demands of attention or Layla's dumb act (or not act).

Plus he always provided entertainment, it was clear from what the others said that he was a great emotional support in the house, and I just get the feeling it would have been very dull without him, both for them and us.

Anyway I thought the show itself was very good, I loved how they let his mum in to see him, and I loved that they made the ex-hms do those dances, even though it was so hokey!

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, November 07, 2012 - 4:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
That was the exact formula they have followed for every season's finale that I have seen, though they usually have the dance numbers to popular current dance music and not such awful housemate songs.

I wish the US show would follow the examples of the AU and UK finales and make it more of a production instead of the borefest that it is, where most of the old evicted housemates dont even get to say a word.

As for the vote percentages, that is true, it was all pretty even for the 3 before Ben got Zoe and Michael's votes, while Layla probably picked up some from Sam's fans and Estelle got only her own fanbase.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, November 07, 2012 - 6:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, different songs would have been a lot better (I had to FF through the Gangnam thing!) but the fact that they make them do it makes me laugh.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert HG Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: