TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 06, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : Australia 2012: General Discussions: Archive through September 06, 2012 users admin

Stormie

03-01-2007

Sunday, September 02, 2012 - 2:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
It's Sunday night in Australia, the eviction happened, I'll put who was evicted in a spoiler box, though.

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Ryan was evicted. I'm glad Ben was saved, but I wanted both he and Ryan to stay.

From what I can gather, the 2d house is a fake house with actors, I'm not sure how it's going to play out just yet, but it seems like it might get funny.

ETA: Apparently Layla isn't falling for the 2d house.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Sunday, September 02, 2012 - 5:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Yea the fake 2nd house reveal was a good idea but the crowd ruined it by laughing at the HM reactions while Sonia was talking about House #2.

Layla noticed the crowd laughing when they should not have been and knows its fake.

They should not have been showing the crowd the real house reaction while she was talking. Stupid amateur error there.

Lake_gal

06-09-2004

Sunday, September 02, 2012 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lake_gal a private message Print Post    
On the Confidential show I thought they had a new male HM. I did not recognize Michael in the shower when he had his hair all soaped up.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, September 02, 2012 - 4:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
A treat for Fathers' Day, "to see our dads?" No, they get to watch some stupid movie!!

The percentages actually changed during the show this time, from 36%, 33%, 31% to 35%, 33%, 32%. Really close. I do like that they tell us!

I'm not sure I like that the evictee gets to choose who can change nominations next week. Anyone know what the superpower is, have they done it in other seasons?

Rookie error with the crowd laughing! There's still going to be some doubt though, even if they're not sure.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Sunday, September 02, 2012 - 5:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Past seasons have had a couple different nominations powers for the winner of Friday Night Live.

First they had to, I think it was remove 3 points from one of the nominated people after they were announced.
This could possibly save someone as well as put someone else up. It could also end up putting the person with the power up if they were close in points. Giana in season 5? put herself up this way and was voted out.
This was when they nominated with 3 points, not 5 like they do now.

Then they changed it to where the FNL winner had to just save a nominee outright and then the next person or persons in the list would go up.
This could also have ended up putting the winner up for nomination. It happened fairly often and sometimes that person even went home.
Again they HAD to use this power.
I thought this one was a bit extreme as it basically invalidated the nomination process every week, and some seriously disliked people skated very far into the game by being saved or saving themselves.

This new power, from what was said I assumed it would be extra points to nominate with for the person granted the power, but of course thats just a guess.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, September 02, 2012 - 5:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Clever that they do things that can actually put the superpower owner in jeopardy. As long as it's not as strong as a Veto it's not so bad.

Thanks for the info :-).

Flagg

06-01-2005

Sunday, September 02, 2012 - 5:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
That was the problem, they were forced to use this power and could end up being nominated and possibly evicted by using this "reward" that wasnt really a reward at all if you were not nominated.

So what ended up happening is that they would always choose the person who they thought had the most points so nothing would change.

That's why the power was changed in later seasons.

Imagine if the us veto winner was forced to always use the veto and was NOT safe from being the replacement unless they were saving themselves.

FNL was always before nominations as well, so they wouldnt know if they would need it or not.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Monday, September 03, 2012 - 7:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Even with the evidence right in front of them that its all a prank or joke, one lie from Big Brother and they are all in and believe everything.

I look forward to a few weeks from now when they find out that Big Brother blatantly lied to them and they never trust anything he says again.

Just the fact that they would close down a house entirely and send everyone home because of a few competitions should prove to them that its all fake.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Monday, September 03, 2012 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
"Housemates, this isn't a night at the theatre, You don't need to applaud every time."

He said this right as I was wondering to myself why the dummies were clapping for every nominator when they cant hear them anyway.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Monday, September 03, 2012 - 8:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
"Housemates, this isn't a night at the theatre, You don't need to applaud every time."

He said this right as I was wondering to myself why the dummies were clapping for every nominator when they cant hear them anyway.

Estelle was shown her nominations superpower, and BB revealed to her the vote count after 9 people nominated and she is allowed to base her nominations entirely on that info.

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Monday, September 03, 2012 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
When Estelle got her nominations superpower, she was in danger of being the third nominee. Her 4 points to the #3 person knocked her out of danger to the 4th position but there were still 2 more to nominate - the people in positions 1 & 3.

I am surprised that she didn't put one point on #1 or #2 to increase the space between her but they were both friends.

If either of the last 2 people voted for her, she could have been included.

I'm glad they changed the way they used to do it. It was not much of a "superpower" if they got nominated due to using the "advantage".

Flagg

06-01-2005

Monday, September 03, 2012 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
I doubt it changed anything as after this past week Sarah was an obvious target, and she said she would have done the same anyway.

An extra point on either of the top 2 wouldnt have made any difference as the top 3 are nominated and if she ended up with more points than Sarah she would have been up no matter how many the other 2 had.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Monday, September 03, 2012 - 2:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I hope Sarah is a target and I'm sick of Ben. Either he is purposely trying to get Ray out or he is a sh*t disturber. I couldn't believe all the rucus about the dancing. I didn't see anything bad. The look on Bradley's face when Ben was agreeing with Sarah how awful and 'aggressive' Ray was made me laugh. Brad must have felt like he was on another planet.

Instead of constantly apologizing, I just wish Ray would just tell Ben to get over it. At first I liked Sarah and thought Ben was funny, but now I can't wait for them to go. Who does Sarah think she is having these 'talks' with the gals as if she's the queen. Ugh!

Sad to see Ryan go. He's so innocently honest and the look on his face when he has to think is so funny.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, September 04, 2012 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Here's how the nominations went (from Monday's show), everybody could be nominated, everybody had to sit in that silly chamber:

Stacey: Ray 3pts (can be awkwardly aggressive), Bradley 2pts (doesn't contribute to house)

Angie: Ray 4pts (insensitive comments), Estelle 1pt (competitive, confrontational)

Layla: Bradley 4pts (rude, creates conflict), Ray 1pt (hasn't formed a bond, puts people down)

George: Sarah 3pts (overreacted at dance off), Bradley 2pts (doesn't help in the house)

Bradley: Sarah 4pts (Friday night incident with him and Ray, now has to be careful what he says), Michael 1pt (sleeps to stay under radar)

Benjamin: Bradley 4pts (one liners drive him crazy, doesn't cook or clean), Estelle 1pt (talks over people)

Zoe: Ray 3pts (showed aggression), Estelle 2pts (talks over people, takes over kitchen)

Josh: Estelle 4pts (talks over people, butts in), Layla 1 pt (weakest link mentally in potential competition with House 2)

Michael: Bradley 1pt (rude, selfish), Ray 4pts (super intense, spoils laidback vibe)

At this time (after nine housemates) the points were as follows:
Ray 15
Bradley 13
Estelle 8
Sarah 7
Layla, Michael 1
Everyone else 0

Estelle, in the DR, gets to see the points before she makes her nomination.

Estelle: Sarah 4pts (one thing to face, judges her behind back), Angie 1pt (quick to tell her she cuts people off when she does that more)

Sarah: Michael 3pts (strategic, has influence in the house and he's in a different group), Angie 2pts (steers conversations, two-faced)

Ray: Angie 4pts (put too much sugar in his pancakes), Sarah 1pt (no intent to upset her during dance off, she wouldn't accept apology)

Ray 15 pts
Bradley 13
Sarah 12

Estelle 8
Angie 7
Michael 4
Layla 1
Benjamin, George, Josh, Stacey, Zoe 0

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, September 04, 2012 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
How did Ben go from up for eviction last week to no nominations at all this week?!

I think the superpower could work well, but wasn't very effective this time. I would have given 4pts to Sarah (as she did) and 1pt to Bradley to increase the gap. She was smart though, she knew Angie was likely to get points from those left to nominate.

I think Ray will probably go, or possibly Sarah, as girls seem to go over boys.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Tuesday, September 04, 2012 - 3:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Who does Sarah think she is? Constantly telling the girls what they are doing wrong. Does she not see herself? I'm sooo glad she was admonished by BB for discussing who voted for her. Although they threatened her with three strikes, I wish they'd punished her and Benjamin in the naughty room or punished the whole house and told the houseguests why.

Sarah is nommed exactly because of her thinking she's so mature and the others aren't. Doesn't she realize she will possibly be booted for the same reason?

Stacy calling other HG's pests made me LOL..Stacy is one of the biggest pests.

She's kind of micromanaging Benjamin's HOH; telling him who goes next, etc. I've yet to see Stacy run. Did she actually run?

Lake_gal

06-09-2004

Tuesday, September 04, 2012 - 7:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lake_gal a private message Print Post    
I want to see Sarah booted this week. I just don't like her attitude.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Tuesday, September 04, 2012 - 8:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
I would rather see Bradley go, something about him just annoys me greatly. Then again super Ray just is too cocky for my taste.

Of course Layla is going to catch on to the fact that Surly can talk, lets see she just moved to Australia this year which means she was in the UK for two seasons of the tree of temptation and the two goes at the tree becoming the chest of drawers. If they are going to rip something off from another countries' BB they should be more careful. It probably should have been Layla instead of Zoe.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Wednesday, September 05, 2012 - 1:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Of course Layla is going to catch on to the fact that Surly can talk

Kellee, I cannot wait until Surley talks to Layla. That should make for great viewing.

I hope they have him talk to her before he's outed...possibly by her.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, September 05, 2012 - 7:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
I imagine they had Surly talk to Michael first so he wouldnt be able to figure it out on his own, and then Zoe because otherwise she would have zero screen time.

He'll probably talk to Layla next just to shut her up.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, September 05, 2012 - 9:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Layla once again caught on to another problem with Big Brother's story about the other house.

As soon as they announced there were 2 houses, I am sure their minds were racing about how it would affect their own airtime and how it would be shown on the actual program.

Nobody would expect there to be 2 completely separate programs, that just makes no sense at all. It would divide the audience and cause all kinds of scheduling and ratings issues.
Plus there is the evidence they were given by the live show "mistake" when it started that both evictions happen on the same show.

So then on tonights show BB goes ahead and says their prize for the cake task is to be shown "an entire episode" of the other house.

It was Layla who pointed this out. She seems to be the smartest one in there, despite Michael's alleged genius IQ.

Whoever came up with this task doesn't seem to have thought it out very well, unless they are deliberately trying to drop obvious clues for the HMs to figure it out.
Maybe that's the REAL task.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Wednesday, September 05, 2012 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Whoever came up with this task doesn't seem to have thought it out very well, unless they are deliberately trying to drop obvious clues for the HMs to figure it out.
Maybe that's the REAL task.

Interesting point, Flagg. I've been trying to figure out where BB is going with this as well.

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Thursday, September 06, 2012 - 3:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I would have assumed an entire episode of the other house to mean, an entire episode with house one parts edited out but only showing house 2.

Then if the entire episode was *only* house 1, then I would have known it was a charade.

This task goes completely against the other BB - making the group more cohesive, cooperative & harmonious. Pulling together as in us against them.

Most BB (especially BBUK) foster mistrust, confusion, division & alienation among the HM.

BBAU may be perceived as the "fun" house but, I fear, it will quickly spiral into silly & pointless.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Thursday, September 06, 2012 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
They were starting to come together, but now Bradley is upset with the others for smashing the cake from "House 2" which was nicer than theirs, lol. Of course it was...it was professional cake. One of the HG's said if it was a professional cake, they knew there wasn't a second house; however, the cake was destroyed so quickly, I never heard any of the suspicious HG's comments as to whether it was a professional cake or not.

All I know is after Michael sat on that cake with his buttcrack, I would never have even touched it.

Michael's true personality is showing up. He doesn't like the pressure of having to be smart. Too bad; don't call yourself a genius. Angela most definitely raised her hand and spoke up about knowing how to play chess and Michael/Zoe talked right over her, so for him to whine that others should have spoken up is just BS.

Lake_gal

06-09-2004

Thursday, September 06, 2012 - 12:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lake_gal a private message Print Post    
Don't forget Sarah is 30. That was funny when BB asked Sarah in the DR how old she was and they showed her constantly reminding the HMs that she was 30.

George and Ray in the captain's quarters with their beauty products was funny.

Layla had a tough day. George might be sleeping alone again.