TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 28, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : Australia 2012: General Discussions: Archive through August 28, 2012 users admin

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 - 10:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I hope they keep up with keeping half the house safe from eviction. That would help slow down targeting specific people every week. I would hope that they randomized the split though. Even keeping up with men vs women wouldn't be so bad. I *loved* how BBUK split the house with best mates on each side.

I wish they had had time to confer before making that last guess. I was also shocked that George was the millionaire but I would have been more shocked that he was fired from every job he had worked. With Benjamin's temperament that wasn't a huge surprise.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 - 9:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
On tonights show towards the beginning they show Layla calling the fish Surly.

We have only seen the fish talking to Michael and he cannot tell anyone or be immediately evicted.
So how does Layla know its name?

Cricket

08-05-2002

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I thought Michael was the one fired from every job. Being a genius is not that great. He looks like a slob and is consistently the last person to get where he is supposed to be in the house.

Getting soooo tired of his constant showing of his buttcrack as well.

This is nowhere near the same BB AU that it used to be. I don't understand why these channels even bring the shows back with no live feeds and especially no Friday night games.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I reckon there is a piece of cardboard or a plaque next to the fishtank that tells them how to feed and maintain the fishes. I'm guessing that's where it tells the housemates the names of the fish.

Callasin

06-21-2005

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 - 12:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Callasin a private message Print Post    
I just did some searching and evidently there is a name tag on the front of the tank that gives Surly's name.

Surly is on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BBAUSurly

Flagg

06-01-2005

Thursday, August 23, 2012 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
I agree the feed is missed but I do NOT in any way miss that inane Friday Night Live.
Good riddance.

Allegedly being a genius could explain why Michael looks like a slob and doesnt always jump to follow BB's every order immediately.

I dont know about the buttcrack thing though.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Thursday, August 23, 2012 - 8:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
This BB is really entertaining, they have so many different tasks and different rooms, it's great fun to watch. BB anouncer(s) is really funny to me, plus the naughty corner room, especially when Benjamin went in, is hilarious (Benjamin is one of my favorite housemates, he's very funny). I saw a new sideshow today, Confidential, in it they mentioned someone was a visitor, but I didn't know if it was a joke, or there is actually someone in the house who's not an real housemate.

As far as who goes, I'm thinking it will be Estelle, not for any other reason that Layla and Charne might be a little more popular, bc Estelle is very outspoken at times, so I thought she might put some people off, plus her house-dating Ryan, which I think is cute, but that might irritate some. It's a hard guess for the first eviction, though. The womens' secrets, I have no idea, just like I didn't know the mens'. It will be interesting to find out. And try here and/or here.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Friday, August 24, 2012 - 8:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
At times I feel sorry for Ryan when most of the house basically calls him stupid right to his face.

Then he proves it by asking Estelle outright about a potential secret, probably incurring a fail for the male side of the house this week. BB should at the least make them lose a life, if not worse.

Not much else went on this episode, Zoe actually spoke a bit and whined about Sarah's vegan whining.

They failed the task so got a very low budget and proceededtodeal with it in the worst possible way and let everybody order what they want for their $5 instead of pooling it and buying bulk food that will go further.

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Friday, August 24, 2012 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Zoe looked pretty with the makeup - I think they cleaned up her eyebrows making her look much more feminine.

Stormie, I believe the visitor is the talking fish.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Friday, August 24, 2012 - 3:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Does anyone know when the first eviction takes place? I'm a few days behind.

Is it today, Friday or Sunday?

Thanks.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Friday, August 24, 2012 - 3:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Evictions are on Sundays.

Lake_gal

06-09-2004

Friday, August 24, 2012 - 3:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lake_gal a private message Print Post    
I just watched episode 10. The girls are getting very emotional. At first I loved all of the HMs. But I am starting to find some of them annoying.

I can't help it. I enjoy Michael. He has the childlike quality that makes him fun to watch.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Friday, August 24, 2012 - 7:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Thank you, Flagg.

Lake_gal, try as I might, I just can't like Michael. His constant pushing at his hair with his hand is annoying to me. Get a haircut already.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, August 25, 2012 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'm in the middle about Michael, I like some of his silliness but he seems a little false to me sometimes, like he's trying to appeal.

I also like Benjamin, and his trying to persuade big brother he's done his punishment! (They were recycling some BBUK punishments there!)

Not sure about many of the girls, I can't work out which is in the wrong in their arguments. The English one certainly does interrupt sentences but some of the others seem to be talking behind backs. I don't know.

I am finally almost up to date... but haven't seen Friday's, and now Saturday's episodes. So easy to get behind again!

Flagg

06-01-2005

Saturday, August 25, 2012 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
No show on Saturdays Kitt.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, August 25, 2012 - 6:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Thanks, I forgot :-). Yey, I'm actually caught up now!

Flagg

06-01-2005

Sunday, August 26, 2012 - 7:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
The boys lost the secrets task, thanks to Ryan and George asking the girls directly about specific secrets and losing them a life.
It came down to the last 2 girls and they had 1 life left and got it wrong. If they had not lost that life at the start they would have won it.

Im glad they lost, plenty of dead weight on the male side and Id rather not see them granted immunity for another week.

No surprise, Charne went home. Layla got the most votes to save which was a bit surprising as the crowd didnt give her a very good reaction.

Ryan's party was a bit disturbing. He was given a nice suit to wear and still insisted on baring his chest.
Typical for BB australia I guess.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, August 26, 2012 - 2:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Really good stuff in the eviction show. At the beginning they actually put the percentages (without names) of those up for eviction. One got 49%, one 27%, one 24%. Imagine how exciting that will be on some of the tight races!

I'm glad Benjamin pulled Bradley up on being rude. There's a difference between being socially inept and rude.

The girls' secrets, to be guessed in three lives (because of Ryan's and George's rulebreak), were:

OCD: Charne (boys guess Charne)
hand model: Stacey (boys guess Stacey)
high school dropout: Estelle (boys guess Sarah, 2nd guess Estelle, lost one life)
nude protestor: Sarah (boys guess Sarah)
emo: Zoe (boys guess Layla, 2nd guess Zoe, lost one life)
royal: Layla (boys guess Angie, lost final life!)
weightlifter: Angie

I agree about the dead weigh on the male side, I'm really glad the boys will be up next week. Fairer that way too.

I was surprised Layla had the most votes to save, she got boos from the audience. And I thought Charne was the most popular!

The votes at the end hadn't changed from the beginning... 49% Layla, 27% Estelle, 24% Charne. Lines weren't actually open for long after they announced the first percentages.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Sunday, August 26, 2012 - 5:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
I'm still baffled by the water throwing incident--a 32 yr old guy vs a 19-yr old kid. I've been reading through a long, long thread, and the consensus seems to be that we're not getting enough of the whole story to judge.

While the water throwing was appalling, it seems that Bradley has been annoying a lot of the HMs, and there's a lot of speculation over whether or not Bradley has Aspberger's.

Lake_gal

06-09-2004

Sunday, August 26, 2012 - 9:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lake_gal a private message Print Post    
I think Michael is very well liked by the viewers. I believe Layla's close relationship with Michael is helping to save her. The voters enjoy Michael and want to save Layla for him.

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Monday, August 27, 2012 - 2:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I thought Layla might be a Maori princess, didn't she say she was half Maori & half British?

It turns out that she's a Polish princess though.

I adore Michael, I just wish he'd pull up his pants.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Monday, August 27, 2012 - 7:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Im glad Benjamin got a warning from Big Brother for the glass of water in Bradley's face.
There must have been more to that conversation as what they showed Bradley saying did not in any way warrant that kind of anger or reaction.

Then in his nomination George points out that Benjamin did it a second time and also slapped George during the secrets reveal.

If they continue showing Benjamin acting this way I am sure he will be gone on Sunday.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, August 27, 2012 - 5:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Monday's show has the nominations, only men can be nominated. Same (but opposite) set up as before with the men watching the glass booth.

Estelle: Benjamin 3pts (can make others uncomfortable), Michael 2pts (strategy, big personality wants to see house without him)

Stacey: Bradley 3pts (hasn't pulled his weight, rude), Ray 2pts (strategy, arrogant, laughs at her)

Zoe: Bradley 3pts (inappropriate social etiquette, rude), Ryan 2pts (awkward to be around)

Sarah: Michael 4pts (stronger bond with other females, would nom her in an all female nomination), Josh 1pt (sometimes avoids contact, hard to get to know)

Layla: Ryan 3pts (makes her feel self-conscious physically), Benjamin 2pts (mean to Bradley)

Angie: Bradley 3pts (offensive comments), Ryan 2pts (sometimes snaps at her)

Josh: Ryan 3pts (blew Secrets task), George 2pts (blew Secrets task)

Ray: Benjamin 4pts (took joke on Ryan too far), Bradley 1pt (house too big for his maturity level, takes things too far)

George: Benjamin 4pts (bad behaviour, water throwing, slapped him during Secrets task), Ryan 1pt (attitude around house, doesn't help in kitchen or clean)

Ryan: Bradley 4pts (questioned his intelligence in front of others), Benjamin 1pt (bullying tactics, water throwing)

Michael: Ryan 2pts (can't have a conversation with him), Ray 3pts (strategy, too forceful with unnecessary opinions)

Bradley: Benjamin 3pts (threw water, uncontrollable side, fear of him), Ryan 2pt (made him feel uncomfortable when he (Brad) corrected him (Ryan))

Benjamin: Ryan 3pts (no conversation, possible issues with gays), Bradley 2pts (target to his style of new humour, rude)

Benjamin 17pts
Bradley, Ryan 16pts

Ray 7 pts
Michael 6 pts
George 2pts
Josh 1 pt

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, August 27, 2012 - 5:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think Bradley and Benjamin are both in the wrong. Bradley is rude and doesn't seem to be learning (although it is hard to tell), and Benjamin's physical methods to pull Bradley up are of course unacceptable.

Either the Bradley vs. Benjamin people are going to throw votes at each of those and Ryan will get left behind and evicted, or if Ryan has fans then I think in a battle of Ben Vs. Brad Ben will lose.

I think Ryan will go.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 - 6:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
At least if they must copy everything from BB UK they are picking the better tasks.

This week's food task is the Yes/No task where they are tempted by various things from BB and must always answer yes.

It starts off easy with a nice breakfast for Ray and then quickly gets nasty with the shredding of a letter from Sarah's boyfriend.