TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 21, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : Australia 2012: General Discussions: Archive through August 21, 2012 users admin

Flagg

06-01-2005

Friday, August 17, 2012 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
I guess some daily shows are only 30 mins, todays download with no commercials is only 20 mins.

They won the shopping task and have a $700 budget.
No more rushed shopping room any more, they have the traditional bb uk shopping list.

Their list came to over $1400

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, August 17, 2012 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I haven't found clips yet either, Stormie.

They're not so good at the sums then!

I'm behind and will probably stay behind at least for a few weeks, too much else on. Episode four shows a not so nice side of Bradley, it seems more than just not good with interacting with women, more that he didn't care. One to watch. I'm still having trouble telling which hunk is which and which girl is which.

It makes sense that Michael is the high-IQ person.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, August 17, 2012 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The offical pics, just for name reference, from http://www.bigbrother.com.au/housemates/

aus1

aus2

aus3

Lake_gal

06-09-2004

Friday, August 17, 2012 - 3:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lake_gal a private message Print Post    
I have now watched the first 3 episodes and met all the HMs. Ray did not make a good first impression. But I love that they have a naughty corner. I wish the US BB had one. They have alot that need to be punished.

I enjoy Michael. But what is a brogan? The only definition I found was a shoe. I doubt Benjamin was calling him a shoe. Michael seemed insulted so I was curious why.

I love the friendship between the females in the parlour. They have all bonded and I like it.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Friday, August 17, 2012 - 4:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
The term is bogan. I know sort of what it is but cant really explain it.

I think its kind of a low-class, unsophisticated hick australian.

Pretty much most of the guys in past seasons of BB Australia, ;)

"The term bogan is Australian and New Zealand slang, usually pejorative or self-deprecating, for an individual who is recognised to be from an unsophisticated background or someone whose limited education, speech, clothing, attitude and behaviour exemplifies a lack of manners and education"

If Michael is really the genius then you can see why he said he was the opposite of a bogan, and was so bothered by it.

This plus the fact that he immediately knew the names of the IQ tests pretty much gives it away.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Friday, August 17, 2012 - 10:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
Bogan=Redneck=Chav

Flagg

06-01-2005

Saturday, August 18, 2012 - 7:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Is there no highlights show on saturday?

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, August 18, 2012 - 9:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It wasn't on Saturday 18th, but is on Sunday 19th (and then of course weekdays). Here's the channel 9 tv listings:
http://channelnine.ninemsn.com.au/9tvguide.aspx

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, August 18, 2012 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Also if anyone wants to keep up with the goings on via twitter:

https://twitter.com/bbau9
the main Official BB account

https://twitter.com/BBAULIVE
the live feed - they say a time and what happened at that time, e.g.

#BBAU LIVE ‏@BBAULIVE

22:51: The girls agree if another female HM came in on the prowl they would become protective of the boys.

You don't need to have a twitter account to read the pages, just click on the links.

Lake_gal

06-09-2004

Saturday, August 18, 2012 - 10:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lake_gal a private message Print Post    
Oh it's Bogan. No wonder I didn't understand why they were calling him a shoe. Somehow I got an "r" in there.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Saturday, August 18, 2012 - 3:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
I think on the launch show when Layla was learning aussie slang words, she said brogan instead of bogan.

Thanks for the schedule.
I guess they have never had sat shows but I was hoping maybe with the new network they had changed it.

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Sunday, August 19, 2012 - 6:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
First of all, they will add a new one hour show once a week on Wednesdays starting 10:10pm Wednesday August 22nd The one hour daily show will air at 7pm Wednesday

Big Brother: Confidential to air on ch Nine headlines, unseen action and talking points from the Big Brother House.

I am *so* confused - apparently BBAU is broadcast on ch9 & on digital ch Go!

6PM Sunday Daily Show to air on GO!

Episode 6 - on digital channel Go!

Episode 7 - on ch9

I looked at the TV schedule for both channels &
the Go! channel has from 30min to 4 hours of BB scheduled for the coming week. Maybe they rerun one episode over & over??

Sunday August 19,, 2012

2:30pm -6:30pm BB 4hrs

Monday August 20,, 2012

5:00pm -6:00pm BB 1 hr

Tues 1.5 hr at

4:30pm -6:00pm BB 1.5 hr

Wednesday August 22,, 2012

30 min only at
5:30pm -6:00pm BB .5 hr

Thur & Fri 1 hr

Saturday August 25,, 2012

3pm -630pm 3.5 hours

http://go.ninemsn.com.au/tv-guide/#sunday

Previous seasons on TEN had various off-shoots including Up Late, Adults Only, Uncut and Big Mouth.

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Sunday, August 19, 2012 - 6:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I hate to see any of them leave already but I'm afraid it might be Charne - she doesn't seemed to have integrated into the group.

They are all so lovey dovey - so far.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Sunday, August 19, 2012 - 6:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Sunday's highlights show had a superhero themed surprise birthday party for Bradley.

If I were on BB and trying to get away from the whole nerd thing, I certainly would NOT want a superhero birthday party.

Theres a half hour highlights show then 1 hr secrets revealed "live" show which I am sure was not actually live.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Sunday, August 19, 2012 - 8:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Females lost the secrets challenge by 1 guess., They were given 4 lives and got to the last 2 with 1 life left and got it wrong. Benjamin never kept a job and George is a millionaire from real estate investments.

Now its flipped and the males have to guess the females secrets for immunity next week.

The parlour is now the man cave.

Not sure how fair it is to the males as the females know the task and will be on guard more than the males were.
But then the males have had another week already to get to know them so maybe it evens out.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Sunday, August 19, 2012 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
The ratings haven't been going well-

Launch show: 1.6m
Tuesday live show: 1.3m
Wednesday daily: 1.1m
Thursday daily: 973,000

Fans of the original are ticked that there's no live feeds, no FNL, and that Nine in the attempt to make it "family friendly" has made it boring...

Flagg

06-01-2005

Sunday, August 19, 2012 - 1:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Australia has always had the 24/7 feed so I knew that would not go over well just dumping it entirely.

In fact, until it was cancelled they always had consistently the best feed, fewest dropouts and they would stay on throughout live shows and competitions.

As for the family friendly part, I see nothing different other than not showing them showering but theres no feed. And no uncut show, but its still early and those were never on that often anyway.
Other than the uncut show and showing showering on the feed, AU was always the most family friendly of the big brothers.

Christiii

07-07-2005

Sunday, August 19, 2012 - 9:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christiii a private message Print Post    
So are there no live feeds to buy? This was the best bb I've ever seen, and I've watched since season 1 of USA, and a lot of uk... ;(

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Monday, August 20, 2012 - 6:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Charne, Estelle, and Layla ended up nominated- and it's a vote to save, not evict.

A couple of changes to nominations- they get five points to split among two nominees (so 4-1 or 2-3), and the nomination is made in a glass booth in front of the others- they can't hear them, but can see them.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/television/girls-on-the-edge-as-big-brother-gets-serious/story-e6frfmyi-1226454459133

Flagg

06-01-2005

Monday, August 20, 2012 - 7:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
I dont get what the point is of telling them the prize like its this massive big deal, when in past seasons it was 2-4 times as much and I am sure they were all quite aware of that fact.

The nominations chamber seems a bit overly melodramatic.
It ultimately changes nothing as they cant hear anything anyway so why bother with all the extra manufactured drama.

This year I believe is the first time there will be a mandatory 3 peoiple upeach week, and thats obviously to increase revenue with the vote to save.
With only 2 up the vote to save is the same as vote to evict so they dont make any extra cash.
Now with 3 always up they can potentially rake in twice as much money.

And that is the reason for the points change. They have to introduce more points into the system so if everybody piles on two people then the third isnt obviously put up with only 1 nomination, though that very well may be the case.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Monday, August 20, 2012 - 8:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Nice extra dig there by Big Brother to reveal the point totals.

I dont recall if they did that in the past, though I doubt it.

It seems like they are going out of their way to encourage strategic group voting

It still baffles me how so many people waste money voting for these shows.

Im trying to think of any US show that actually charges for voting and I cant think of a single one.

American Idol, Dancing with the Stars, Glass House, all free votes.

BB season 1 charged for votes I think but we all know how well that did.

I guess current BB charges for text votes but online is still free and its not for anything that is essential to the show.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, August 20, 2012 - 11:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Willwillbe, I'm pretty sure the Go! episodes that are just labelled "Big Brother" are repeats, sometimes in omnibus, of the main shows first aired on channel 9.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, August 20, 2012 - 11:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Bit late, but these were the secrets:

Genius IQ: Michael (girls guess Michael)
Has Ornithophobia: Bradley (girls guess Josh, 2nd guess Ray, 3rd guess Bradley - lost two lives)
No girlfriend since age 11: Ryan (girls guess Ryan)
Juvenile offender: Ray (girls guess Ray)
Dated over 100 women: Josh (girls guess George, 2nd guess Josh - lost one life)
Fired from every job - Benjamin (girls guess George - lost final life!)
Multimillionaire - George

The girls' secrets for pondering over (no reveal to the audience of who they belong to yet):

I have obsessive compulsive disorder
I was a champion weightlifter
I am a high school dropout
I was a nude protestor
I used to be an emo
I was a hand model
I am a member of a royal family

I like having three (or more) people up each time, and am still intrigued by the weighting of the votes. Have to see how it votes (I'm still behind, haven't seen that yet).

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, August 20, 2012 - 3:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Loved birthday boy superhero Bradley!

It is an enormous diary room! Wonder why they use up so much space. And why is the nominations room separate and so... sent to detention-y!? Odd seeing the host talk to them like Julie Chen talks to BBUS hms, when the rest of it seems so BBUK.

Live nominations went as follows

Michael: Estelle 1pt (opinions sometimes not well thought out), Charne 4pts (feels she doesn't like him)

Josh: Charne 3pts (likes to take control in kitchen), Sarah 2pts (butts into others' stories)

Ray: Charne 4pts (too much of a perfectionist), Estelle 1pt (hooked up with Ryan on Bradley's birthday! (he called her Angie first))

George: Angie 3pts (laziest hm), Layla 2pts (didn't mix with her as much as the others) BB says they are poor nominations, next time come better prepared

Bradley: Charne 4pts (controlling, takes over), Zoe 1pt (snores and he sleeps close to her)

Ryan: Stacey 4pts (strategic - plays game well, gets people on her side with sly comments), Layla 1pt (lazy)

Benjamin: Layla 4pts (most dishonest, started fad diets(?)), Angie 1pt (b__chy behaviour, dishonest)

Angie: Estelle 3pts (competitive), Charne 2pts (least connection)

Stacey: Charne 3pts (hasn't made effort, takes charge), Estelle 2pts (abrupt when she's trying to speak)

Layla: Estelle 3pts (speaks over her, said they'd all nom her because she's good looking), Charne 2pts (shouts at her in the kitchen)

Zoe: Estelle 4pts (she said they'd vote for her for kissing Ryan), Sarah 1pt (doesn't listen to others' points of views)

Sarah: Layla 2pts (rolls her eyes, derogatory), Angie 3pts (playing the game forcefullly, gets her story out but won't listen)

Estelle: Layla 3pts (catalyst for segregation in house), Stacey 2pts (also segregates group, gives up in challenges)

Charne: Zoe 3pts (haven't connected with her), Stacey 2pts (has to be centre of attention, all take)

Charne 22pts
Estelle 14pts
Layla 12pts

Stacey 8
Angie 7
Zoe 4
Sarah 3
Boys exempt

The audience seem to really love Charne. My guess would be Layla going, just because of the tears. They can facebook vote!

I love this Big Brother's witty comments. Is it always that one voice?

Flagg

06-01-2005

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
The au host has always chatted with them like that on noms night and then with the potential evictees privately in the DR on eviction night before anyone is evicted.

On todays show they reveal a talking fish, copied outright from the talking tree on UK.
It even talks the same.