TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 13, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : Australia 2012: General Discussions: Archive through August 13, 2012 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, August 10, 2012 - 8:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Starting Monday!

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Friday, August 10, 2012 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Here's the schedule for the first few nights- the times are when it'll be broadcasted there, which is about 17 hours later than board time-

Big Brother will screen six days a week with Sunday to Friday Daily Shows, Live Evictions (Sunday) and Live Nominations (Monday).

Monday August 13 | 7PM (2AM Board time Monday)| Launch Night
Time to throw open the doors of Australia’s most infamous House as we welcome back television game changer, Big Brother. After 20,000 initial applicants, a nationwide search and a water-tight lockdown, tonight you meet the Housemates. All will be revealed … including their secrets! Just how will they handle living with zero contact from the outside world, with their every move filmed 24/7? At the end of this show, the Big Brother website goes LIVE so you can keep tabs on their every move!

Tuesday August 14 | 7PM (2AM Tuesday) | Big Brother Special (LIVE)
Now they’ve been unveiled, you can get acquainted with how this year’s HMs fared in the first 24 hours. There’s no time to get comfy … because tonight more Housemates move in! Witness dynamics rapidly shift, first meetings unfold and tightly-held secrets unravel.Tickets still available.

Wednesday August 15 | 7PM (2AM Wednesday)| Big Brother Special
The final piece of the premiere week puzzle snaps into place and the Housemates will be asked to match the secrets to their correct owners. Will first impressions fail them? Who’s hiding what? And – more importantly – did YOU guess the correct answer?

Thursday August 16 | 7PM (2AM)| Big Brother Daily Show
Housemates are confronted by their first task …

Friday August 17 | 7PM (2AM)| Big Brother Daily Show
… and tonight they’ll find out the results! Have they passed or not? And what are the consequences?

Sunday August 19 | 6PM (1AM)| Big Brother Daily Show on GO!
All settled in after a whirlwind of a week – tune in to see how the cards have fallen. Who’s glued to who? Where do allegiances lie? How are this group of strangers getting along in their new digs?

Sunday August 19 | 6:30PM (1:30 AM)| Big Brother: Secrets Revealed (LIVE)
MORE Secrets will be revealed … Armed with these new tidbits of information – how will the House react?

The premiere is 90 minutes, the Tues-Thurs shows are 1 hour, the Friday show is 30 minutes. Sunday I'm not sure.

All in all 14 HM's will go in, it looks like in stages.

No charge for the online feeds, though I suspect they might have some geographical restrictions (there are workarounds probably).

Cricket

08-05-2002

Friday, August 10, 2012 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the thread, Jimmer and thanks for all the info, Wilson.

Friday August 17 | 7PM (2AM)| Big Brother Daily Show
… and tonight they’ll find out the results! Have they passed or not? And what are the consequences?

Friday night is only 30 minutes and I'm not seeing anything about the Friday night games. Best part of BB AU.

So they are having live feeds, Wilson? That's good news.

Can't wait!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, August 10, 2012 - 8:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It would be a lot of fun to see the live feeds. I hope they aren't blocked to us.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Friday, August 10, 2012 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Cricket- Friday Channel 9 has NRL (rugby) games (they've got 4 weeks of the regular season plus the playoffs to go- that takes them to the end of September). After that they might expand the Friday shows.

Sunday and Mondays look to be the main nights for them- and they want to be more family-friendly (thus the earlier timeslots- though it's a bit ironic that the show following the premiere episode if the premiere of the new series of Underbelly, which is the complete opposite of family-friendly ). They're also working on a smaller budget apparently. The main thing is going to be the "secrets" twist, which is borrowed from one of the French BB seasons.

I do suspect the feeds to be blocked though- it's rights issues and stuff. We'll probably be able to find YT stuff at least.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, August 10, 2012 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I've never watched any Aus BB but I might give this one a go. I like that we won't be able to watch it live here, my main trouble with the UK one is I try to watch it live and end up not doing anything productive with my afternoon because of it.

Thanks for the info!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, August 10, 2012 - 5:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
so is there a website? I loved watching the live feeds in Aus, they were so much better than US BB because they had tasks and had to do stuff.

Why would they be blocked now if they weren't blocked before?

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Friday, August 10, 2012 - 5:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Dipo-

http://www.bigbrother.com.au/

It's rights issues- a lot of places now only let you watch if they recognize the computer is in the correct geographic area...

Kellee

07-07-2004

Friday, August 10, 2012 - 11:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
From what i understand there will be no live feeds for this series taking their cue from the Uk version :-(

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, August 11, 2012 - 12:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
But wilson, why wasn't it a rights issue before? I don't get that.

If I am in Japan will it let me watch, LOL. Superpass still thinks that is where I am, I periodically get japanese email, LOL. And I get email from the old AU channel too, hahahaha.

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Saturday, August 11, 2012 - 3:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I went to the website & it's not allowing me to view videos. The UK website says not allowed in your region, but this just flips through the videos available but not allowing me to view any of them.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, August 11, 2012 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The official Facebook page has one video up that plays, but I don't know if any of the other ones will turn up there. Here's the link anyway:

https://www.facebook.com/BigBrotherAU

Kellee

07-07-2004

Saturday, August 11, 2012 - 3:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
Mike Goldman is back that I know for sure, have been following him on twitter for years.

The swimming pool looks amazing with a seating area sunk in the middle.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Sunday, August 12, 2012 - 1:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Here's the first bit of info- they went into the house today (Sunday night there), the premiere was taped in advance. 10 of the 14 are in now, 7 women and 3 men..

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/television/country-girl-zoe-in-house/story-e6frfmyi-1226448706055

Cricket

08-05-2002

Sunday, August 12, 2012 - 4:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I need help with the time frames. Wilson, how does 7:00 PM AU time become 2:00 AM Board time? That's 7 hours, right? I'm 2 hours ahead of board time, so does that mean I'm 19 hours ahead of AU?

I usually catch it after it's been shown since we can't get AU channels here in the States, but I'd like to perhaps still try to figure out when it's on live in case I can find a place to watch it.

Sorry if I'm not making any sense.

Dipo, a different channel has picked BB AU and just like what happened in the UK, I guess they are choosing not to have live feeds.

However, I've watched past BB AU seasons without feeds and it was enough with the daily shows AND the Friday night games, so Wilson, I'm hoping after rugby is over they will expand the time and have Friday night games. Thanks for all the info!

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, August 12, 2012 - 8:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Cricket, I find it's just easier to keep the Brisbane clock saved.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fullscreen.html?n=47

For me in Central time zone, I am 15 hours behind. I always thought that was perfect. The shows would show up for download by the time I was ready to sit for lunch.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Monday, August 13, 2012 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Anyone watch it yet? I just started it and wow, did they ever copy the BB UK look for the stadium.

The host so far is much better than Kyle Sandilands and his worthless sidekick.

First guy in is Michael, 26 year old slacker type, he seemed pretty funny.

The show is pre recorded from yesterday and it shows, no annoying time gaps between leaving the studio and enterng the house.

Second is Sarah, 30 year old car salesperson.
Has a boyfriend, good looking brunette.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Monday, August 13, 2012 - 8:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
As usual for BB Australia, thy go on and on about all the secrets and surprises coming up.

Third is 21 year old university student Angie.
Blond, single, lives in a house with 3 male roommates.

Its wierd getting used to the Australian up-speak again.

They apparently are putting the females into a separate room away from the actual house while Michael gets the run of the house and the 2 girls are watching himn on a monitor.

Fourth is Zoe, 23 year old student. Never had a boyfriend or been in love. Farm girl.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Monday, August 13, 2012 - 8:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
The house and yard were completely rebuilt and its much nicer than previously. The kitchen is kind of a wierd retro look though.

Number five is Layla, 24 and unemployed. From Manchester. Says she's half English and half Maori(sp?). Came off as very ditzy.

Sixth is Josh, 28 and a musician. Lead singer in a band. Seems like he lives at home with his parents. A surfer. (Aren't they all?)

Flagg

06-01-2005

Monday, August 13, 2012 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Number seven is Charne, 31 year old pin up girl? from the Gold Coast. Works in a cabaret theatre restaurant.
Says her mantra is to "be an individual, do your own thing", while she seems to be doing her utmost to look like a Marilyn Monroe impersonator.

Eighth is law student Estelle, 23. She's a skate boarder and rapper?

They keep teasing the upcoming reveal of "Big Brother's huge secret"

So far with 8/14 in there are 2 guys in the house and 6 girls in the pink room

Flagg

06-01-2005

Monday, August 13, 2012 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Next in is Stacey, 24 an account manager.
Nickname is Toads. Single and apparently looking for a man.

Number ten Bradley, 18, works (and apparently lives) at his parents store as a checkout clerk. First words in his VT are that he has never had a girlfriend or a relationship. Nerd type. Says he has a stutter but it wasnt apparent on stage.

Now before the remaining four they are supposed to reveal Big Brother's huge secret.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Monday, August 13, 2012 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Launch night is over and the remaining 4 males never entered the house.
I guess thats left for tomorrows show.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Monday, August 13, 2012 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Flagg- I hear 2 on Tuesday, and 2 on Wednesday.

The women have the first secret task. BB has told them the 7 secrets the males have, and they have a week to correctly figure out who has which secret without the guys finding out. If they succeed, all the women are immune from the first eviction and all the guys go up. If they fail, all the guys are immune from the first eviction and all the women go up.

Here are the secrets:

I have the IQ of a genius
I have Ornithophobia as a result of an emu attack
I have been fired from every job I have ever had
I haven’t had a girlfriend since I was 11
I am a juvenile offender
I have dated more than 100 women
I am a multi-millionaire

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Monday, August 13, 2012 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
arggghhh i missed the start??

Flagg

06-01-2005

Monday, August 13, 2012 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
I believe its on youtube.