TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 16, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : Australia 2012: General Discussions: Archive through August 16, 2012 users admin

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Monday, August 13, 2012 - 3:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
They showed a housemate board with the 7 women shown & 3 grayed out spots & the men's board with 3 men shown & 7 grayed out spots. I'm betting they will eventually have 20 people.

I like how they dribble people in, makes them get to know each other better. I love the secrets task which forces them to interact with everybody. Most of the time in BB, people pick a couple of people & for the most part ignore the rest.

They seem to have a pretty diverse group. I'm loving Michael & Bradley should be interesting to get to know.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Monday, August 13, 2012 - 3:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
For me in Central time zone, I am 15 hours behind. I always thought that was perfect. The shows would show up for download by the time I was ready to sit for lunch.

Thank you, Naja. That's what I thought I was, but wasn't sure.

I'm watching the first episode and ROFL @ the gal who said regarding the secrets:

"I reckon the young boy is a multi-millionaire"

You mean the kid who works in his family's small grocery store and lives in a room at the back? Too funny. The audience was really laughing.

I'm not impressed with the guys yet. The gals are fine, but come on, BB AU..get some cute guys in there with haircuts, please?

ETA: I do think Bradley could be the genius.

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Monday, August 13, 2012 - 4:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Is anyone in the USA able to watch videos from the website? It skips from one to the next without playing any for me.

http://www.bigbrother.com.au/

Cricket

08-05-2002

Monday, August 13, 2012 - 4:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
We can't view videos from AU here in the U.S. Willwillbee.

The first episode is on youtube.

The only hint I got from the episode is that the multi millionaire isn't in the house yet. Anyone else hear other clues?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, August 13, 2012 - 5:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I don't get how it is bb without out live feeds.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, August 13, 2012 - 5:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think it skips because when it can't play one it tries the next one, and the next until it finds one it can play. But of course it can't play any because they're all region encoded. I thought they might slip up and have the facebook ones accessible, but they just link back to the main website :-(.

Usually they are on youtube sooner or later.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Monday, August 13, 2012 - 7:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Dipo, BB UK has been without feeds since the new network took over in the UK, and they also do 1 or 2 celebrity BB shows per year.

The new BB AU seems to be following the same mold as the new BB UK. Their eviction show set loooks almost identical as well.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Monday, August 13, 2012 - 7:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Probably a money issue too- they have a lower budget then when it was on the other network. Plus they're still on tape- They went in on Sunday night, and the first live show isn't until Wednesday.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Monday, August 13, 2012 - 9:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Im sure its a money issue.
Providing a live feed 24/7 takes extra production staff.

Its definitely a disappointing change as the BB Australia feed was always the best. It was almost always on, very seldom cut or censored and they would keep it going even during live shows and the Friday Night Live games.

Watching the finals over the live feed and broadcast at the same time was also pretty cool.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 - 5:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
Okay i am so glad to have this back, I may not have always agreed with the winner but i always liked the series. Was hard to believe when Sandra said that Mike would be the first person to enter the house in 4 years but if you think about it Terri won the same year Rachel Rice did and how far back that seems.

I am liking the characters so far, i think the secret thing will be interesting and as they say everyone has one wonder what the girls are and when will they be revealed?

Oh and what is behind that wall they were clawing at..lol

Callasin

06-21-2005

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 - 6:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Callasin a private message Print Post    
I just read that the millionaire has been revealed before going into the house in a magazine article. I won't spoil it here but you can read the article at behindbigbrother.com.

I have always enjoyed this series. I hope they continue to have house chores assigned. It was funny when BB took the food being cooked because someone other than the chef tasted it.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 - 2:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The diary room is a bit weird, too spacey. I'm not sure I like the host, but the housemates have been good so far (particularly poor Bradley!).

I'm watching the second night on youtube. Two more male housemates went in, one of them the multi-millionaire (according to the host).

HM11 is George, electrician, 25, WA, dreadlocks that smell like strawberries, mix of Greek and Lebanese, lives with his mum and sister, mummy's boy.

HM12 is Ryan, rates himself 9.5/10 in looks, 21, male model, vain, finished a law and business degree, caring, affectionate, would go "straight in there" if he saw a girl he liked in the house.

(They just told George they've been in the house two days and a night - they went in Sunday, so is this Tuesday night?? That would make this show actually live rather than recorded this time.

Also they're complaining about Big Brother always telling them about things they can't talk about.)

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 - 10:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I was shocked when 2 of the girls sharing a bed the first night asked do you want to be the big spoon or little spoon & the other didn't even hesitate in responding. Am I too out of it??? I would find it strange if a friend of mine wanted to spoon no less a virtual stranger.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 - 8:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
The last 2 guys came in.

One of them, a 25 year old vet named Ray, seems to have quite an attitude. He right ff went into the diary room demanding chocolate milk and then called Big Brother "mate" several times.

From past seasons we should all know that did not go down very well with Big Brother.
He was told not to call Big Brother "mate" and then as he was leaving he immediately did it again.

Ray then went out and proceeded to tell everyone who listened what a "bleep" Big Brother was.

So he gets called back in for punishment and starts asking for beer. BB refuses the beer and makes Ray go sit in the "naughty corner" where he is made to write lines.

Ray is not making a very good first impression.

ALso it seems a bit strange that someone can be a full vet by 25. Do they require less schooling for vets in Australia, or is it a faster paced program or something?

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 - 8:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Hahha Ray was told by Big Brother in the naughty corner to "write on the blackboard 'I must not call Big Brother naughty names 50 times.'" and that he must stay there until Big Brothe r was satisfied.

So Ray proceeded to write "I must not call Big Brother naughty names 50 times."

Wow Ray, how clever. I think I saw that one first when I was in second grade.

He really thought it would work and Big Brother would think he was so clever that he would get out. Big Brother just ignored him and let him stew in the naughty corner glass room.

Ray is not scoring any points with the other houseguests. Angie said "He came in the house with a swagger."

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Maybe he hasn't technically qualified yet, or just qualified but not practiced. Not sure how it works in Australia but in the UK you get a Bachelors/Masters by 21/22 and it would be another four years, so age 25 minimum, to complete veterinary training.

He sounds like a jerk. How do evictions work in BBAus, like in BBUK?

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Ryan asked Ray how long he had to study to be a vet and he said "six years and I did a year to upgrade" so I guess that means from school age. I like how BB isn't taking his nonsense.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 - 3:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
LOL @ BB sending Ray to the naughty corner. I love the BB voice.

I haven't read the article yet, but I'd say the cute guy that isn't the electrician is the millionare.

At this point, I'm not sure the girls are going to match the correct secrets to the guys.

If I had to say who was fired from every job, I'd definitely guess Michael. I don't like him at all and he seems to be running the show right now. Ugh.

ETA: Read the article and see I was wrong. Interestingly, the reason I thought it was the other one was what he majored in at college.

Are we going to be told the secrets before the girls have to guess or not?

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 - 3:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I *love* Michael lol.

As I remember, BBAU doesn't put up with much from HM & had severe punishments. I remember one series a fellow was banned from the house almost the whole series & had to live in a leaky, freezing van. I believe they also punished HMs by deducting from the prize fund. This naughty corner is mild in comparison but it's still early.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Yea that was Nobby in the van but it wasnt a punishment for something he did.
That was from the "housemate hand grenade" twist and Terri gave it to him because he was pretty much responsible for her getting evicted on the first night.

Terri later cane back into the game and won it, but Nobby was never let back in the house.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 - 9:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Evictions in Australia work like UK where the housemates nominate and the public votes to evict or save.

It has varied whether its a vote to evict or vote to save though I think in recent years it has been vote to save to maximize revenue.

At least one year you could do both vote to save or vote to evict but that made it overly complicated and was a very transparent cash grab by the show.

Nomination in Australia BB has been slightly different in that they assign 2 points to one nominee and 1 point to the other.
The 2 highest point totals are up for eviction.

They have also had various modifiers as prizes to the FNL winner but there is no FNL this year.

They have the same "no nominations talk" rule but are often punished with fines to the prize money and/or shopping budget for breaking that rule as well as any other rule like not wearing microphone, etc.

That was when the prize started at 1 million so now with only 250K they might not be doing the prize fines and maybe just the naughty corner.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 - 10:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I like the two points for first choice, one for second. Particularly when it's down to only a few left that could make a big difference.

Thanks for the info.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Thursday, August 16, 2012 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
The 2 point thing could be exploited though when there is a group that figures out a way to target a specific person without breaking the rules.
It has appeared to have happened a few times over the years.

Todays episode was a bit boring.
Poor Bradley. Poor guy just wants a girl to like him and they are all mothering him.

Lake_gal

06-09-2004

Thursday, August 16, 2012 - 3:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lake_gal a private message Print Post    
I missed this BB. I giggle like an idiot when Big Brother talks. I just watched the launch show. I will have to watch the rest to see the other guys. So far I have just seen the 7 girls and 3 boys.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Thursday, August 16, 2012 - 4:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
I love this house, it's got so many really nice things in it. And the pool looks huge. I think the initial secrets twist is fun, I still am not sure who's is who's, it will be funny to see which secret belongs to who. But right now, I'm not sure the women have it right. I wasn't sure if the men were told to not tell the women their secrets, but they didn't tell the host, so I wonder if they have a task of their own that we don't know about yet. So far, everyone seems nice, that likely will change, but I am liking everyone getting along at first.

Does anyone know a site that has the live clips from the official channel? I can't find them anywhere. Thanks in advance.