TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 10, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : Australia 2012: General Discussions: Archive through October 10, 2012 users admin

Lake_gal

06-09-2004

Wednesday, October 03, 2012 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lake_gal a private message Print Post    
Yes, Michael does seem to nom the good looking guys. He doesn't want the competition.

I believe if you are close with Michael and Benjamin you have a better chance of going far. They seem to have alot of control over who is nommed. Estelle obviously thought so too since they were the ones she wanted to listen to.

I think this could be Bradley's week to go.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Thursday, October 04, 2012 - 6:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Trying to follow this show is a total pain in the ass.

One day the episode will show up within minutes of broadcast, the next it will take 18 hours to appear.
Then it might show up within minutes again.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, October 04, 2012 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I've been a few days behind, just watching Ava walk out the door now and I'm hoping to squeeze in the nomination show this morning but it doesn't seem likely as these last few shows have been so long.

No surprise Ava went, and no surprise she got just 14% compared to the 48%/38% of Angie and Estelle. I was also glad to see Angie revealed to them as getting more votes than Estelle, as I'm still not keen on Estelle, and the cocksured Estelle is more annoying than the timid one (although she is obviously feeling happier, so that is good).

Flagg

06-01-2005

Thursday, October 04, 2012 - 3:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Todays shows finally showed up at the couch potatoes site, odd to see them there first.

Anyway, of course BB's little drama creating superpower may have livened things up for the short term,. but the long term effect is already happening. There is no way Michael, or any of the others, will ever give a truly honest and brutal nomination again. Especially after Michael's latest nomination of Estelle, which he is now sure she actually heard.

I also find it very amusing that Zoe did a cowardly nomination and gave Michael 3 points, thinking he was safe, and now she is feeling guilty because he is actually up for eviction.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Thursday, October 04, 2012 - 4:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
On tonights confidential, we are shown that Michael should have been given the task of writing a song and singing in the talent show instead of the completely boring and awful Josh and Ava, who claim to be singer/songwriters.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Friday, October 05, 2012 - 8:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
double post sorry

Flagg

06-01-2005

Friday, October 05, 2012 - 8:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
"Big Brother has a weekly facebook poll where fans vote for one housemate to get a video message from the outside."

Benjaman got a message but I dont recall seeing any others.
Stacy got a movie and food prize didnt she a week or 2 back?
If one person a week got a message from home then by now almost everyone would have had a message.

So this week their alpha male genius star of the show has a bad week and out of the blue they come up with a "weekly poll" to give him a message from his brother, when Angie and Layla have had to hang up on thier family members.

Lake_gal

06-09-2004

Friday, October 05, 2012 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lake_gal a private message Print Post    
Since nominations this has become the Michael show. He has been the featured HM in the eps and Confidential show. They really want to save him. I guess Bradley won't get another makeover to save him this time.

The no talking about noms is hard. They can only go and talk to BB about it. But with nothing else to do but talk it has to be driving them crazy.

Benjamin plays it like he is the person to confide in and he will give the best advice. But he gossips and talks about the others more than any of them. I just don't trust him.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Friday, October 05, 2012 - 2:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
So this week their alpha male genius star of the show has a bad week and out of the blue they come up with a "weekly poll" to give him a message from his brother, when Angie and Layla have had to hang up on thier family members.

Flagg...it's so wrong, isn't it? They also gave Micheal/Josh a bubblebath in the Captain's Quarters. BB IS letting him run the house and the show. I cannot stand to look at him. He's just such a slob.

Last week and this week I noticed how much he touches his hair when he's around food. Uggh! They should make him put it in a hairnet. He doesn't even try to comb it, but every 30 seconds he touches it with both hands to get it out of his eyes. Between that and his buttcrack, he's the most annoying HG for me.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, October 05, 2012 - 11:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Nominations this week (I'm days behind still!). Sam can nominate and be nominated. Estelle, as holder of the superpower, gets to see every housemate nominate but can't hear them. She can push a red button twice in total to hear two housemates of her choice nominate. She gets to nominate last, with her extra info.

Layla: Bradley 4pts (aren't getting on, doesn't help around house), Angie 1pt (bitchiness, clash as close, easier without her)

Zoe: Michael 3pts (strategy, under radar, everyone wrapped around his finger, might be a mole), Sam 2pts (doesn't know him well, came in guns blazing, creepy compliments)

Josh: Angie 4pts (theories about how is run, how they look, not meant to talk about that), Stacey 1pt (strategic, biggest threat as everyone loves her)

Estelle listens to Michael: Sam 2pts (conversations just about night out stuff, no deep connection), Estella 3pts (lack of social skills, can't join convo without it being about her)

Angie: Sam 3pts (trying to impress rather than get to know them, playing game), Bradley 2pts (no courtesy, still rude)

Stacey: Bradley 3pts (doesn't cook or clean, meeps but no substance), Josh 2pts (removed himself from group to be with Ava)

Sam: Benjamin 3pts (here to win, biggest rival), Bradley 2pts (annoying, rude)

Bradley: Layla 4pts (temper, snapped at him and others), Michael 1pt (funnier than him, smarter than him, better person than him therefore would win over him)

Estelle listens to Benjamin: Sam 4pts (too boring, pretty but gives nothing back), Angie 1pt (mean Frank comes out when she drinks)

Estelle: Michael 2pts (not honest in his interactions with her, closed minded, might not have nominated him if had not heard him), Bradley 3pts (overly rude, says nasty things behind her back)

Bradley 14pts
Sam 11
Angie, Michael 6

Layla 4
Benjamin, Estelle 3
Josh 2
Stacey 1
Zoe 0

Possibly good for Estelle to hear that her "silly comments" actually have an effect on other people's feelings. I hope it makes her think a bit about it, she probably had no clue. But... in general I don't like anything in the diary room being broadcast to a housemate (or worse the house).

They also confirmed this was the Top 10, no more intruders.

Lake_gal

06-09-2004

Sunday, October 07, 2012 - 9:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lake_gal a private message Print Post    
The elimination episode is available. I won't say who left till everyone has seen it. But only one person left. It was not a double elim.

Sandra

07-05-2004

Sunday, October 07, 2012 - 8:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sandra a private message Print Post    
Benjamin is the Dr.Phil of Big BrotherI need to visit Dr. Phil when get gets on his rants!

Lake_Gal what did you think of the elimination?

Lake_gal

06-09-2004

Sunday, October 07, 2012 - 9:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lake_gal a private message Print Post    
It was the elimination I expected. The only thing that surprised me was that Angie has dropped in popularity with the voters. Sam even beat her.

By now most probably know who got eliminated so I will just say it. Bradley went home. He obviously did not learn anything while in the BB house. I was not impressed by his reasoning with Sonia about why he didn't clean up after himself or cook. He obviously plans to live with his parents for the rest of his life so they will do everything for him.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Monday, October 08, 2012 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
SPOILER - Noms announced.

Just watched the noms and it's the same old; same old. Had a slight hope at the beginning as Michael and Stacey were nommed. Estelle had the best noms with those two as she finally sees how two-faced Stacie is.

Josh's super power was that he had to predict how the other HG's would nom (could see them, but not hear them) and for each nom he got correct, he received one point for his noms. He could have gotten up to 16 points, but did get 8 points. Sadly the majority of his points went to Angie - 5 and Sam - 3.

The terrible trio have successfully waged war against Angie, even getting her best friend in the house to nom her two weeks in a row. These people have used gullible Layla and now they vote for Angie and Sam; the two peeps who like Layla best. I wanted Layla to win, but not so sure anymore. For her to be completely taken in by that group is hard to watch. It's changed my opinion of her.

I would LOVE to see Angie win now, partly for her, but mostly as a slap to those who systematically set out to destroy her. I guess I just like to see good triumph over evil. I know Angie is not perfect, but this house consistently targets one or two people, so why bother to even have noms?

The noms are:

Angie 12 points
Sam 12 points
Estelle 8 points

I thought there weren't going to be noms this week. Is this the final week there are noms? Any chance this is a double eviction? Sigh. I really like both Angie and Sam.

Lake_gal

06-09-2004

Monday, October 08, 2012 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lake_gal a private message Print Post    
I find it interesting how those 3 think they have the right to run Layla's life. Benjamin is always gossiping that Sam isn't good enough for Layla so he should go. Zoe always votes to get rid of Sam and she did the same with George. Stacey says Angie is possesive with people and things. I get she means Angie is trying to keep Layla to herself. Why do those 3 want to run Layla's life? And they are always stressing to Layla that Angie is bad for her. I would love to see Benjamin, Stacey and Zoe as the 3 noms one week. But I won't hold my breath.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Monday, October 08, 2012 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Lake_gal, they probably saw how sweet/gullible and well-liked Layla is and wanted her on their side.

As the noms were announced, good ole fake Stacey is hugging Angie on the couch...ughh! I'd pay Estelle to call her out in front of the whole house.

Quote:
I would love to see Benjamin, Stacey and Zoe as the 3 noms one week.

Me too, Lake_gal...me too. I want those three out first when all the HG's are up for nomination. They've ruined this year for me. I hadn't seen this before on BB AU.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Tuesday, October 09, 2012 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
With Josh's super power this week, will Angie and Sam be able to figure out he gave his votes to them?

Flagg

06-01-2005

Tuesday, October 09, 2012 - 7:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Well he didnt give any points to Sam, he gave 5 to Angie and 3 to Layla.

There are 8 other players and so 40 total points besides Josh's 8 points.

The 3 noms of 12-12-8 only account for 32 of the 48 total points so no, there is not really any way for anyone to deduce where Josh put his 8 points.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Doing a rush trying-to-catch-up session! Just watching Bradley go now. He took it well. Michael looked so nervous when it was down to two, I think he's just so scared of failure. Bradley 14%, Angie 19%, Sam 21%, Michael 46%. Sam above Angie is surprising.

I don't like Stacey but I do like Ben and Zoe. I think Zoe's pretty normal, can't see what's to especially like or dislike with her, but I can see what's to dislike with Ben, I just find him interesting to watch.

Angie has some annoying habits but I like her in general. Same with Michael.

I guess my favourites are Josh and Layla. Sam is too much of a player for my tastes, and Estelle is too self-centred.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
These are the past percentages:

Wk 1: Layla 49%, Estelle 27%, Charne 24%
Wk 2: Bradley 35%, Benjamin 33%, Ryan 32% (B&B might be other way round?)
Wk 3: Ray 50%, Bradley 32%, Sarah 18%
Wk 4: Angie 45%, Estelle 29%, Ray 26%
Wk 5: Estelle 39%, Bradley 31%, George 30%
Wk 6: Angie 48%, Estelle 38%, Ava 14%
Wk 7: Michael 46%, Sam 21%, Angie 19%, Bradley 14%

So if we see who beat whom we get:
Michael >> Sam > Angie > Estelle
Layla >> Estelle but that was week one plus we don't know where she'd fit in the above with Michael (I'm sure she'd beat Sam).

Josh, Stacey and Zoe are still untested by the public vote, and Ben hasn't been tested since week two.

Lake_gal

06-09-2004

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lake_gal a private message Print Post    
When they show the tweets on the screen during the shows I always wonder if that is an accurate view of how the viewers feel. Or does the show make sure to balance out the like/dislike tweets? For instance if there is one anti someone tweet but 50 pro tweets for that person do they show the one anti and one pro to make it look even? Or do we only see the pro tweets that are more what the viewers are thinking? It does make me wonder.

Ever since Ray had 50% votes one week and went home the next I am not sure what to think. The fans can change their mind quickly or just not bother some weeks. The fans might have thought Ray was safe. Or they liked him more than Bradley and Sarah. But not as much as Angie and Estelle.

Angie was so popular one week and she seems to have been dropping. But she does seem to be more popular than Estelle. Looking at the past it would seem Estelle would go home this week. But you just never know.

I really want an all nominated week. I am sick of the same ones nommed every week. The public has not had a chance to get rid of Josh, Stacey or Zoe at all. And it has been a long time since Layla and Benjamin were up.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Nominations this week...

They told the housemates beforehand that Josh (with superpower) would NOT be able to hear what they say.

Josh predicts who each of the housemates nominate, for every guess he gets right he receives one point to nominate with. He can distribute the points in any way he pleases, and choose however many housemates he pleases.

Sam: Josh 4pts (strongest competitor), Stacey 1pt (he makes effort, she makes little)
[Josh chose Angie and Zoe, gets 0pts]

Stacey: Sam 3pts (flying under radar, plays nice), Estelle 2pts (don't click)
[Josh chose Angie and Estelle, gets 1pt]

Angie: Michael 3pts (wants to win very badly), Estelle 2pts (hard to live with, clash)
[Josh chose Josh and Estelle, gets 1pt]

Layla: Angie 3pts (so alike they clash), Estelle 2pts (strategy, biggest competition)
[Josh chose Estelle and Angie, gets 2pts]

Estelle: Stacey 3pts (horrible behind people's backs), Michael 2pts (last week's comment not forgotten)
[Josh chose Angie and Benjamin, gets 0pts]

Zoe: Angie 3pts (possessive of everything), Sam 2pts (strategy, intruders can't win)
[Josh chose Estelle and Sam, gets 1pt]

Benjamin: Sam 4pts (flying under radar, haven't been able to get to know him), Angie 1pt (talking and eating at the same time)
[Josh chose Sam and Angie, gets 2pts]

Michael: Estelle 2pts (generally enjoyable but few negative aspects, changed), Sam 3pts (hasn't got real talk, just pub chat)
[Josh chose Sam and Angie, gets 1pt]

[Josh got 8 pts to nominate with as he pleases]
Josh: Angie 5pts (speculative talk, fascination with talking about things we know we shouldn't), Layla 3pts (strategy, she's hardly put a foot wrong, popular outside)

Angie, Sam 12pts
Estelle 8

Michael 5
Josh, Stacey 4
Layla 3
Benjamin, Zoe 0

Did anyone else notice the scroll bar along the bottom with an advert for "Ava and Josh, their love story" in NW magazine now!!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think they will make sure the tweets they show are balanced (one good one bad) so they don't get accused of bias.

I think Estelle or Sam will go. Sam seems less and less appealing to me, and it's clear the thing with Layla is going wrong (and that might have been a reason people wanted him to stay), and I still find Estelle very tiresome.

Lake_gal

06-09-2004

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lake_gal a private message Print Post    
Zoe's obsession with Michael is getting a little weird. She is always watching him. Michael is clearly not interested. Zoe seemed to have come in the house wanting a man. She set her sights on George first and that didn't work out. Then she got excited about Sam but that also didn't work. Now she is obsessing about Michael. This could also explain her dislike of Angie. Angie does seem to spend alot of time with Michael.

Benjamin is star struck by Layla. That is also weird. Obviously this is why he is so interested in her life and controlling her. In his eyes Sam is not good enough for her. Angie is not good enough for her.

Lake_gal

06-09-2004

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 - 8:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lake_gal a private message Print Post    
Last night in the Big Brother House, Housemate Josh was called to the Captain's Quarters as the Housemates were getting ready for bed.
Josh was taken out of the House to meet his parents who had to tell him the tragic news of the sudden death of his brother Toby, 32.

Josh then spent the night outside the House with his family where he made the decision to leave the Big Brother competition and go home to support his family at this sad time.

The Southern Star production team and the Nine Network wish to express their sympathy to the family and ask the fans of Big Brother and the media to allow them privacy at this time.

Further announcements about the Big Brother shows will come later today.