TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 02, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : Australia 2012: General Discussions: Archive through September 02, 2012 users admin

Lake_gal

06-09-2004

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lake_gal a private message Print Post    
I just watched the nomination episode. I expected Ryan would be nommed because alot of the HMs don't seem to care for him. Actually him and Estelle seem to bother their HMs.

Bradley and Benjamin both make the others uncomfortable. When you have to live with these people they are the ones you want to boot. Bradley is picking up some bad habits or he was just too shy to exhibit them at first. Benjamin calls Bradley rude but he does the same things.

I laughed at some of the nomination reasons. They talked in circles and blamed the other person for things that were more their own problem.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 - 2:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
Thanks Willwillbee, lol, that makes sense, I didn't even think of the fish.

I'm still behind, so thanks for the above info. I'm sad that Charne went home. I liked her, I thought she'd grow on people.

I am surprised Benjamin is up, but I guess he's annoying to people. I think it will be Brad who goes, I'm not so sure he's this lost puppy dog he is portraying, you never know, though. It will be an interesting week.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 - 3:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Nominations on BB Australia are always like that, which is why BB is always a bit demanding and strict.
All they have to do is say outright, "I dont like this person because xxx" or "I want this person to leave because..." and they never do it. They talk in circles and always say "I love XXX but...".
They are always so concerned about public opinion that nobody ever gives clear and precise and accurate nominations.
The rare few times it actually happens you can always tell as it will be a short concise nomination and BB will immediately say "accepted".
Instead they always ramble on and on and BB has to ask for specifics and draw out a definitive statement of some kind.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 - 6:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Hahah it never fails to crack me up how absolutely delusional these people always get when they are locked up in these various BB houses.

The scene outside the diary room as Stacey was getting tied to her Ryan Gosling cutout made me cringe. The rest of them seriously believed it was possible that an a-list movie star like that would actually show up at the BB Australia house.
They were even practicing how they would act and how they would greet him.

Oh and Zoe really sucks at secret missions.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 - 7:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
The hair thing with Michael was a bit stupid on his part.
Of course if you say outright that you arent going to cut your ridiculous hair, then BB will use that as part of the task.

A bit of a cheap cop out on BB's part, to re-use the same request on 2 people to get 2 fails.
They really need to be a bit more creative. Not only do they copy tasks but they copy themselves while copying tasks. Very lame.

WHats's next? Ask any 2 girls to shave their heads and instant task fail.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 - 11:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Nice of them (well, Bradley) to make Ryan be the host of the dinner so he comes out of his shell a bit. I didn't realise he was in his shell, but maybe because I get him and Ray confused sometimes. But then Ryan goes and blows the goodwill by saying Benjamin hates him for it. I think Ben would have rather hosted himself, but that was a stretch.

Yep, Michael should have known BB would do that. And the Ryan Gosling thing was cringeworthy!

Lake_gal

06-09-2004

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 - 11:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lake_gal a private message Print Post    
I just watched Ep 15. I am getting sick of Stacy and Benjamin and the dancing in the diary room. Those gold hot pants looked like a diaper. The funniest part was the look on Layla's face when Stacy was dancing.

I like the Yes/No challenge.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
When Layla was talking about descending from Royalty, did she mention the name 'Sobieski?' Is there a Lela Sobieski that's an actress? Could they be related or did I hear the wrong name?

Cricket

08-05-2002

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 - 1:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Nevermind...wrong forum...sorry.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
a follower has linked "Layla Joyce Subritzky" to former Polish monarch John III Sobieski

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/television/big-brother-secret-revealed/story-e6frfmyi-1226453638367#ixzz24zFEgpdD

So you got the name right of the monarch. The actress is Leelee Sobieski, and this is from her official (I think) website:

The Sobieski family is a direct descendant of Polish royalty. "Many generations back," says Leelee, "there was a king in Poland and he was my great great great great Uncle. The Bagel was [invented] for him. A Jewish baker made it for him, in the shape of a saddle."

http://www.leeleesobieski.com/info/biography.html

!!!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 - 6:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
By the way, the Big Brother Confidential wasn't on today, it's on tomorrow instead (30 min extra show).

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 - 6:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
I can't find any BB Confidentials past Aug 21. :-(

Cricket

08-05-2002

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 - 7:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Wow, Kitt..thanks for the research. Because of the gals first names, Layla (sp?) and LeeLee (thanks) I thought there could be some connection, as that isn't a common last name.

So not only is Layla royalty, she is related to an American movie star. I wonder if they each know that?

I don't know where BB Confidential even is. Is it online? Thanks.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Thursday, August 30, 2012 - 5:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
If they're related, it could be as many as 7 or more generations back, on both sides. That could easily include many thousands of descendants.

Tonight with Sarah picking Zoe for the captain's quarters and both of them proclaiming their mutual love, it seemed a bit wierd when last we saw Zoe, other than the surly task, she was whining to Benjain about how much she hated Sarah and her vegan ways.

Lake_gal

06-09-2004

Thursday, August 30, 2012 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lake_gal a private message Print Post    
I wonder who will be evicted. Last I heard the votes for save were sitting at 34%/33%/33%. They couldn't get much closer.

I found myself wanting to know if Ryan Gosling has been told about this. Some cray cray lady in the Aussie BB House is carrying around his likeness and drooling.

The show must want to keep Ryan. They are showing him coming out of his shell this week. And the guys keep mentioning it too. Plus there is the sympathy factor that he had his shoes thrown away by an oddly acting Zoe.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Thursday, August 30, 2012 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
I sent you a PM, Cricket.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, August 30, 2012 - 3:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Hope everyone found BB Confidential in their usual places. It had a few funny bits in it, including making Sarah(?)'s Ryan Gosling thing a bit more just fun and less weird.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Thursday, August 30, 2012 - 3:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I got your PM, Puzzled. Thanks so much.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Thursday, August 30, 2012 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Tonight with Sarah picking Zoe for the captain's quarters and both of them proclaiming their mutual love, it seemed a bit wierd when last we saw Zoe, other than the surly task, she was whining to Benjain about how much she hated Sarah and her vegan ways.

Interesting, Flagg. I missed Zoe complaining about Sarah. I think Zoe just wants to be included and it was nice of Sarah to invite her. She unknowingly made a friend and most likely Zoe won't be nomming her.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Thursday, August 30, 2012 - 3:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Layla makes me laugh so much. When she gets the giggles I do too.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Friday, August 31, 2012 - 10:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Admittedly it was like a week prior during the motorcycle task, but Zoe does not get much screen time so Im sure there was plenty of unseen interactoin with Sarah.

With it being mostly the Benjamin show lately, not many others seem to get any screen time.

Seriously, must we be graced with EVERY single ridiculous dance routine he comes up with while we rarely see anything about many of the others?

It didnt matter when there were feeds but now that the only exposure is the daily shows, they need to mix it up a bit more.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, August 31, 2012 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Today's show was good. Short, but good. I liked the way they ended the task and what BB said to Ryan about it in the Diary Room!

Cricket

08-05-2002

Saturday, September 01, 2012 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Yes, Kitt, it was a good show. Wow, Brad seems to be serious about Estelle.

ROFL @ Bradley's haircut.

Stacy: "It'll grow tomorrow." "I'll put makeup over the white part."

Hah! Hah!

Flagg

06-01-2005

Saturday, September 01, 2012 - 6:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
That was Benjamin getting the haircut.

Ryan seemed more serious about Estelle, getting upset about the kiss and complaining to BB about it.

Of course despite leading him on, sharing a bed and making out with him, Estelle insists they are just "mates".

Stormie

03-01-2007

Sunday, September 02, 2012 - 12:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
It looks like there's going to be a twist tonight with a second house. It should be fun. There's a video if you're in Australia, bigbrother.com.au.

Big Brother confirms “House 2″
By David Knox on September 1, 2012 / Filed Under News 11

tvtonight.com.au

Big Brother has confirmed a rumour that it will attempt to fool the housemates tomorrow night into believing there is a second house full of rival housemates....
Con't Here