TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Below Deck on Bravo

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Below Deck on Bravo users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through September 16, 2015Susieqok25 09-16-15  9:09 am
Archive through December 01, 2015Rubyroo7725 12-01-15  9:43 am
Archive through June 29, 2016Dipo25 06-29-16  11:28 am
Archive through May 18, 2017Dipo25 05-18-17  9:58 am
Archive through May 23, 2018Dipo25 05-23-18  1:50 pm
Archive through November 22, 2018Missyb25 11-22-18  9:09 am
Archive through January 31, 2019Roxip25 01-31-19  8:41 am
Archive through June 12, 2019Roxip25 06-12-19  9:27 am
Archive through August 27, 2019Chieko25 08-27-19  7:25 am
Archive through January 04, 2020Florin25 01-04-20  12:57 am
Archive through January 27, 2020Dipo25 01-27-20  7:48 pm
Archive through June 09, 2020Roxip25 06-09-20  5:56 am
Archive through August 11, 2020Lexie_girl25 08-11-20  8:15 am
Archive through August 21, 2020Ranger225 08-21-20  11:56 am
Archive through October 15, 2022Chieko25 10-15-22  9:57 pm
Archive through November 27, 2022Lexie_girl25 11-27-22  3:35 pm
Archive through May 03, 2023Sincebb125 05-03-23  4:46 pm
Archive through July 19, 2023Sincebb125 07-19-23  6:22 pm
Archive through August 09, 2023Lexie_girl25 08-09-23  1:04 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Tiernet

06-07-2004

Thursday, August 10, 2023 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tiernet a private message Print Post    
I dont have much experience in addiction. I do know I have personality or bodily needs/wants that can easily go in an addiction direction. I am able to self control but for example I never did coke as I knew if I would have tried it that it would be an issue. Could be a book here but...

Taking this forward.

I noticed in Margot, she has a midwestern innocent, quiet, but willingness take things on and does not get overly upset or tense in situations.

Note: Margot is from Wisconsin (here is hoping she is not a green bay fan) which made me perk up. (Similar to BB Janelle who is a real estate agent in my neck of the woods) Lots of lakes there too which may be an extension of her youth being on a boat.

She went with the flow in the evening before the blackout.

We will see how the teaser on drinking the beverage during the day is handled by her.

Is she an alcoholic at this point probably not but some signs are there and could be potentially be an issue in her life depending on her surrounding support and decisions.

I wrote that ^ before I saw the following. I wasnt sure if I was going to post what I wrote. Looks like she made an adjustment that she saw she needed. Good for her.

Margots words from https://www.tvinsider.com/1101792/below-deck-down-under-margot-sisson-luke-jones-jason-chambers-aesha-scott/
She also added that after the incident, her relationship with alcohol has changed. “I think it is so important for me to mention that I’ve done A LOT of work on myself since filming, and my relationship with alcohol is pretty much non-existent now,”

^ Included link but posted just a snippet to bring home what my post was about. The link has a lot more in it. Go see it if you want more.

Tiernet

06-07-2004

Thursday, August 10, 2023 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tiernet a private message Print Post    
Ok she is from WA dang assumptions sometimes....

Forget the midwestern references in my spew

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, August 10, 2023 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Lexie, I have to disagree with you (still love you❤️) . I grew up going to AA meetings with my parents and also have had several friends and relatives with drinking probs. Alcoholics don't necessarily drink all day every day. They can be binge drinkers who don't drink all the time (can go weeks or months without a drink) but when they do drink, they drink to excess and can't stop. I've known several people who could stay sober enough to do their job all day, but would binge at night after work.

I'm not saying Margot is an alcoholic, but blacking out is definitely a warning sign. I think most people who drink have blacked out once or twice in their lives, but if it's a usual thing, that's a problem.

There's no cure for alcoholism. If you're an alcoholic, you just shouldn't drink. Period. It's a slippery slope. Both my parents were in recovery when I was growing up. You can be sober for years, but if you have one drink, you can go right back to where you were. And it's worse for women for some reason (smaller bodies?).

Fortunately, I didn't get the alcoholic gene, but I'm not a good drinker. I either get sick or fall asleep, so I never have more than one or two. I lived in fear (would have nightmares) that one of my parents would start drinking again. I hate how so many of these reality shows glorify drinking. But I'm encouraged by how many of the reality stars are voluntarily choosing to give up alcohol.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, August 10, 2023 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Also, alcoholism can manifest at any age. I've known lots and lots of teenage alcoholics. I've met many of them in AA meetings who decided young to quit drinking, cause it was self-destructive. I really admire those people who figured it out early in their lives.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, August 11, 2023 - 3:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I get what you're saying but I can't in good conscious say this girl is an alcoholic. She just partied too hard. My friends and I all did that back in our 20s and 30s. I once got so drunk I knew I couldn't make it past these cops at the door, so I went and handed them my keys and told them to bring me home.

My biggest issue is that they are required under their contract to go out and drink like this on crew nights out. They kept ordering shots for the entire table. It's not like she was drinking any more than anyone else at that table. That's why I don't believe she's an alcoholic.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, August 12, 2023 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I never said she was an alcoholic. I just said that blackouts are a warning sign and she should watch it. I think she may have realized it's not safe to get that drunk. We may see a change in her behavior going forward. Or not.

Some of the most common symptoms of alcohol abuse are:

* Experiencing temporary blackouts or short-term memory loss
* Exhibiting signs of irritability and extreme mood swings
* Making excuses for drinking such as to relax, deal with stress or feel normal
* Choosing drinking over other responsibilities and obligations
* Becoming isolated and distant from friends and family members
* Drinking alone or in secrecy
* Feeling hungover when not drinking
* Changing appearance and group of acquaintances you hang out with

https://www.alcoholrehabguide.org/alcohol/warning-signs/

Grooch

06-16-2006

Monday, February 05, 2024 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
New season starts tonight at 9!

Sad that Captain Lee isn't there this season.i wasn't to wowed with the new captain from his season on whatever the name of it was. Hopefully, he will have a better personality this season. I worry that Frasier will be a mental mess with him.

I'm hoping I'll be pleasantly surprised tonight.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Monday, February 05, 2024 - 5:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
And on a different topic, in regards to the conversation above, I watched BD Mediterranean and I am disgusted with Luka and upset that Tumi didn't step in and told him to go to his cabin when Jess was way to drunk to consent to having sex with him.

Even more disgusted with Bravo showing them under the covers, doing it.

And to add to it, everyone from Bravo world raving about how nice Luka is and they all love him.

And the way Luka talks about her on wwhl.

Pfffttt....

Disturbing.

I really hope they don't bring him back next season.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Monday, February 05, 2024 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
OK, this crew looks very interesting. And a hot mess. Lol!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, February 06, 2024 - 3:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Grooch, I had to quit watching BD Med because I just didn't like anyone on the show. I will never understand why they brought back Kyle, Tumi was a terrible chief stew, I thought the lesbian deckhand's remarks towards other women were highly inappropriate, then there's lazy Max who needs his rest, and then there's Luka. The whole season was a bust.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: