TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 09, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Below Deck on Bravo: Archive through June 09, 2020 users admin

Reader234

08-13-2000

Monday, January 27, 2020 - 11:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
I’m really annoyed at this “boys club”. They’ve got it out for Kate, just watched WWHL with the chef, and a couple of crew were in the audience.

I listened to the interview above with Kate and her explanation of bringing up Ashton’s mom (she said she had a text relationship with Ashton’s mom) it does seem like Kate was “changing the subject. But it would not have mattered. This group of boys were out for “frat guys fun” imho

I

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, January 28, 2020 - 8:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I watched WWHL also and it was so funny (sarcastic tone of voice here) how Kevin managed to excuse his own mistakes - glad Simone called him out somewhat.

Cricket

08-04-2002

Tuesday, January 28, 2020 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Kate Chastain @Kate_Chastain· 1h
Fun Fact: if you look closely you’ll notice Im not wearing epaulettes this charter b/c I figured most of the crew wasn't really respecting my stripes anyways. #BelowDeck.

Whhhhhhaaaaa...stop crying Kate and grow up.

I haven't liked this woman since S02 or thereabouts. Her MO is to get one of her underlings to help her attack and ostracize one of the other two (or both) underlings. This season, for the first time, no one likes her enough to do that and she doesn't have anyone to do her dirty work. Her unprofessionalism has been apparent for years, but nothing has been done in a form of punishment for her so she has become what she is now....an unlikeable person.

I don't know her relationship with this Captain, but she should have been let go a long time ago.

Maybe everyone who has to work with her has just had it and they don't want to deal with her anymore. I don't agree at all with how the guys act, but if Kate were mature, this wouldn't be happening. It looks like a total breakdown on that boat. Is this the last season?

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, January 29, 2020 - 7:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
On the other hand, for the most part Kate does her job extraordinarily well - even Jamele (last primary) says she did an excellent job. I think that's why Captain Lee gives her some grace at times - no matter what else has happened he can depend on her to keep the guests happy - you don't see him complaining about her table arrangements, etc. (like Captain Sandy and Hannah). The name of the game is doing your job well, not running a fan club. I did read that when Captain Lee's son passed away Kate called and asked what they needed (she apparently knows his wife also) and got on a plane and came and was there for them.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Wednesday, January 29, 2020 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
I agree Roxi, I think there’s more to Kate than the tv shows us, I listened to the podcast interview posted above, she admits she had to remove herself from that ‘violent’ behavior Ashton exhibited, she looks back and says she should’ve maybe texted Captain Lee, but didn’t want to give “the boys” another reason to hate on her because she knew Ashton should be fired for that behavior. It was irrational. She meant no disrespect. She was trying to change the subject. The only reason Ashton was given this slot was because he could have died in that horrific accident last season, but. That accident happened because he wasn’t doing his job correctly

Kate is not being shown as a perfect person, ( nor should she! Or anyone - its a tv show. Drama is what drives viewers). she is reactive and I see your point that she’s no angel, but otoh she’s no devil either. And her table scapes don’t become the issue... it’s also interesting to hear the 3rd stew position is hell. It is isolating it is doing laundry. The tv show gives illusions of grandeur

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, January 29, 2020 - 9:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Kate does have a serious case of RBF - and her lip fillers do not help! I also don't think she's perfect and I do agree that she can be spiteful and malicious and mean girl at times.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, February 03, 2020 - 10:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
BElowDeckSailing.... I love the new chief stew, she ways I am not her to coddle you or give you a participation certificate, LOL.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Tuesday, February 04, 2020 - 1:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Please tell me what it is Kevin did wrong that he deserved all of the derision.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, February 04, 2020 - 2:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Kevin has repeatedly blamed Kate's service every single time something goes wrong. He usurped her position several times, once even taking over service and having the deck crew serve the guests and the inside crew in a secondary role. Although Kate has been witchy to him on numerous occasions she has never undermined him in front of the guests and has always repeated positive feedback to him. He was openly derisive of Simone at the beginning (but then again who wasn't), and stated that Kate basically had the palate of somebody who was used to ordering fries with her meal. Several times he has been so dead drunk that he has had to be carried into his bunk. He has disregarded the instruction sheet from the guests several times (and had his butt saved by Kate - but never acknowledged it) - cooking food that was expressly requested not to be served (dairy and he served pizza for example), and forgot to order seafood when the client requested a seafood extravaganza. When he is on the top of his game he seems to put out excellent food but otherwise he has been a general arse for most of the season.

Kate "ain't no princess" by any account, but at least she didn't parade around the boat with her lady parts hanging out.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, February 04, 2020 - 5:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Don't forget when Kate saved his butt because he said he would take care of the birthday cake, then forgot to get any candles. Kate thought up a flaming drink so they could sing happy birthday and the guest never knew that Kevin had totally forgotten.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Tuesday, February 04, 2020 - 11:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Good summaries, thanks Roxip and Dipo.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, February 05, 2020 - 7:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Don't want you to think that I'm giving Kate a free pass. She is bitchy, petty, can be somewhat malicious (but in her defense at least she owns up to it unlike Kevin who seems to forget that he is on camera!) and her tendency to talk to one of her employees about her other employee is unprofessional and unattractive.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Thursday, February 06, 2020 - 6:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Kevin came on below deck with a chip on his shoulder and a bout of “praying to the porcelain god” (so to speak). I don’t kb how much was “drama driven” but he really got embolden with “the boys club” every dig at Kate became a “talking point”, “air time”

Kate also does snarky in her “dairy room”/camera sessions. Those are storyline/drama driven

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, February 12, 2020 - 7:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
One great thing I've learned from Kate - "I'm so sorry you feel that way."

Florin

08-27-2006

Tuesday, February 18, 2020 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
I watched the reunion shows and last night Kate stated she would not be back for another episode. She has moved to New York and started a different job.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, February 18, 2020 - 11:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Kate has officially quit BD, but no one can figure out where she is working in NY.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, February 19, 2020 - 7:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I haven't watched these shows yet but on Primetimer many people feel like Andy gave the brus a pass and held the women (and Captain Lee) more responsible for their actions than he did the guys. They aren't very happy with him about it.

Starr

07-09-2005

Thursday, February 20, 2020 - 11:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Starr a private message Print Post    
I watched the reunion but must have missed when Kate said she wouldn't be back. I know her move to NYC is temporary. I read an article somewhere (?) That said she wanted to get into party planning. I believe she mentioned a sister that does it in Texas very successfully. In the article, she didn't mention quitting Below Deck either. I just got the impression party planning would be in addition to her Chief Stew job.

I also just read an article on Google that Andy admitted he isn't involved with Below Deck like he is with the Housewives shows. He said if he had watched the show more, he would've been better to host the reunion. While taping, he kept asking his producers if he was going in the right direction (by seeming to side with the men) the producers (all women, he pointed out) kept telling him "we're good" He seemed frustrated because now there is backlash.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, February 21, 2020 - 6:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Starr, Kate has officially quit BD. She has been in NYC since last spring/summer.

Kate Chastain quits BD

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, February 21, 2020 - 7:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I thought Andy's excuses (he also threw in that he had hurt his forehead shortly before taping) were very weak. If you are going to host something then you research it beforehand and form your own opinions. He has plenty of opinions about Below Deck when he interviews the cast throughout the season, did his forehead injury cause him to have amnesia? I expected a man who has faced discrimination for his sexuality to be more compassionate about the horrible treatment of the women this season, regardless of whether he particularly cares for Kate or Rhylee. Instead he focuses on whiny Simone and how the women brought the treatment they received on themselves.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Saturday, February 22, 2020 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Thanks Roxi, I’m so disgusted at the season and how “the boys” behaved, got a pass (in the long run) how it’s deflected to “but Kate is horrible...”. Imho Ashton rehearsed and acted that “tv” apology. He deflected often back to Kate’s words...

And I listened to Kate’s interview posted above, she was changing the subject asking about his mom, whom Kate had talked with before! Yet that has been his excuse. “No one is allowed to talk about his family”.

And. Kate walking off the boat was a self preservation on her part. Yet, where were the producers. She felt alone, she said if a producer had stepped in, maybe she could have stayed, she left because she didn’t feel safe.

And yet that was glossed over, because “boys will be boys” and “Kate is a horrible person”

Also I read on Bravo that Andy had a mole removed on his forehead and it turned out to be very painful, so that was his excuse but social media sure haven’t given him a break! Like Roxi posted he said he’s not a producer on below deck, like he is on housewives, so he’s not involved but ITA with Roxi, he has them on his show!

Starr

07-09-2005

Sunday, February 23, 2020 - 11:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Starr a private message Print Post    
I agree - totally weak excuses from Andy!!

Thanks Lexie, for the link.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, June 08, 2020 - 7:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
2nd episode Below Deck Med....The 2nd Stew Lara will not last.She is dreadful !

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, June 09, 2020 - 5:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I don't like anyone that makes me "almost" feel sorry for Hannah.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, June 09, 2020 - 6:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Once again Captain Sandy is mico-managing. Does she set out to try and make her crew members looks bad? She was all set to criticize the steak and yet apparently it was delicious (and how is a chef to taste a steak - make an extra one for himself?). Lara is a disaster but Sandy hates Hannah so much that she will put up with her just to drive Hannah crazy (and for once Hannah apparently was putting in some effort!).

And then there's already the start of a boy's club with that dreadful Pete (who isn't even that attractive - he obviously made the cast because of his sexist attitude!).