TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 27, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Below Deck on Bravo: Archive through November 27, 2022 users admin

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, October 16, 2022 - 9:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Jimmer! Once again, you rock!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, November 06, 2022 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Okay, I've devoured all of Below Deck, Below Deck Med and Below Deck Down Under. Loved them all and have moved on to Below Deck Sailing Yacht, even though I absolutely hate sailing (I'm always afraid the boat's going to tip over--it's not relaxing to me at all).

I've noticed in the last few episodes of Down Under and in this one (Sailing Yacht), they seemed to change production style. Rather that have scenes move smoothly from one thing to another, it seems very choppy and rushed. They are showing short snippets of everything, rather than giving more time to events. It's a little jarring and hard to keep up with. Anybody else notice this? I'm not a fan.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, November 06, 2022 - 1:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I think they are trying to get all the drama in. There is so much happening with that bunch. Lol you could just do a spin off on Gary.

Did you see they have a new franchise? Below Deck Adventure which is filmed in Norway. There won't be any jumping off deck drunk on this one. The waters are frigid. It seems this season is more focused on adrenaline driven activities than sunbathing and picnics on a the beach. Probably no nude guests....

Not sure yet if Adventure will be all colder regions. Or gets it's generic name because it will travel all over the world for its extreme focused ventures.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, November 07, 2022 - 4:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I think that's because you've got things going on all the time in all areas of the boat during a charter (so you have multiple film crews). It doesn't really bother me because I want to know what's going on with everyone on the crew.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Monday, November 07, 2022 - 8:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Babyjaxmon, I agree. I can pause my recorder and also replay and that helps but I like to study the surroundings and it is way too chaotic for me with the jumping around and several split screens.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, November 07, 2022 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Thank you, Chieko! That's exactly how I feel. Also (hate to admit this) but as I get older, sometimes I'm a little slower to process things. The constant jumping around is hard for me to keep up with!

Sincbb1, I did notice the new Below Deck Adventure. Peacock suggested it to me, and I'll definitely get to it when I finish this one. Only one Below Deck at at time or I'll get the crew members mixed up.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, November 07, 2022 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Baby lol I know what you mean. When I discovered Below Deck franchise...I did exactly that...watched them all at once. Not a great idea.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, November 10, 2022 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Omg, I'm nearing the end of the first season of Below Deck Sailing Yacht, and I just have to ask: are all Chief Stews f***ing crazy??? Of all the seasons of all the shows I've watched, the only Chief Stew who seemed relatively stable (though admittedly, a little wacky) was Aesha. She was so goofy, but still even-keeled. Jenna and Adam are falling apart (no surprise -- Adam's a wackjob, too), and Jenna's losing her 💩.

I wish I were younger and single. What an adventure these kids are having! I know it's hard work, but the places they get to go -- and get paid (well) for it!

Oh, and I just finished the episode where Captain Glen took the boat over to 27 degrees. Ugh! I so much more prefer a giant cruise ship with stabilizers.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, November 10, 2022 - 5:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
And then on BD Med...Captain Sandy lost her stabilizers several times on her brand new super luxury yacht...and it was worse than on the sailing yacht...lol

I liked Aesha....but the way she talks...drives me bananas.

I said to hubby...I would have loved that job when I was younger! He said...except for you get seasick AND you are claustrophobic....how you gonna sleep in those cabins, especially in the upper bunk? He has a point.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, November 11, 2022 - 4:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I do not like that new yacht they are on in BD Med. It's too contemporary for my taste.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Friday, November 11, 2022 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
In earlier episodes, when Aesha was a Steward, I thought she was a little flighty and flaky but as Chief Stew, she has done a wonderful job. Yes, her speech is a little annoying.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Friday, November 11, 2022 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Yes, Lexie_girl, I agree. The "Home" is not my style. I like a little more elegant but it does have the feel of an apartment, if that is what they were going for. And having to choose between AC and stabilizers some days is not a good thing. Although I did like the huge windows that come to the floor, I might not like them so much in rough seas.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, November 11, 2022 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
And then on BD Med...Captain Sandy lost her stabilizers several times on her brand new super luxury yacht...and it was worse than on the sailing yacht...lol

I watched that, too! Very scary. I think it had something to do with the computerized settings of the boat. They finally figured out that if they kept the outer doors closed, the AC wouldn't have to work so hard and the computer wouldn't turn off the stabilizers to save energy for the AC.

I said to hubby...I would have loved that job when I was younger! He said...except for you get seasick AND you are claustrophobic....how you gonna sleep in those cabins, especially in the upper bunk?

He makes a couple of good points. Although I don't get sea sick (as long as I don't eat too much rich food or drink too much alcohol), I am claustrophobic. We've been on several cruises, and once we booked an inside cabin (no window) to save money. I HATED it! I can't stand not being able to see what the weather's like outside or be able to tell if it's day or night.

I also have an intense fear of being trapped under water (I blame "Titanic" and "A Perfect Storm" for that), so those tiny cabins with no natural light might be a problem for me.

Aesha has definitely grown up a bit since her first season on the show when she was a third stew. I don't mind her accent (if that's what you're talking about as being annoying), but I do think she says some very crude things. Just a cultural difference, I think. Where she grew up, apparently that's the way people express themselves, but not my cup of tea. I love her anyway.

The Home is a very modern boat. I do enjoy the big windows and love the corridors which help the staff get around easier, but the more traditional boats are more elegant. It still seems very comfortable.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, November 11, 2022 - 4:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
No not her accent...but rather her...not sure how to describe it...high pitch lilt in her voice...almost whiny. In other words...if I were a dog I would kinda tilt my head to the side when I hear her voice...lol

If I were to go on a cruise now...I would need those rooms with a whole balcony and floor to ceiling windows.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, November 23, 2022 - 6:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I am convinced that Andy does not watch the Below Deck shows. How is it possible that he didn't ask Kyle about faking his ankle injury to get out of work for the last two charters? The reunion was filmed before these episodes aired so the viewers couldn't submit any questions to Kyle.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, November 23, 2022 - 12:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Although I never read he was faking his injury, I did read that people were saying that he could have helped more Etc or that he wasn't as badly injured as was portrayed.

I'm also assuming that the doctor that treated him had evidence that he had sprained his ankle with swelling and or x-rays?

This would have been workman's comp. We all know how workman's comp works against the injured employee most of the time lol. But also because it was workman's comp if he was filmed working in the laundry room... that would be a violation to workman's comp.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, November 25, 2022 - 4:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Sincebb1, he admitted in his confessional that his ankle wasn't really hurt. He actually laughed about it.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, November 25, 2022 - 7:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
What I was saying was more...he went to Dr. who told him not to put any weight on it, put foot up, rest....therefore has Dr. diagnosis/orders. Since it was workman's comp or covered by show...he couldn't go and do laundry etc. to help out etc. Which if he's faking the severity is exactly what he wanted lol

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, November 26, 2022 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Sincebb1, remember that they are not working in the US, so US laws don't apply. They might have something similar in maritime law, but don't know.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, November 26, 2022 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I found an interview with Kyle that he did a few weeks ago after they filmed the reunion.

http://https://youtu.be/trU4ledpV_A

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, November 27, 2022 - 4:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Since, that link doesn't work.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, November 27, 2022 - 3:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Oops sorry let me research it

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, November 27, 2022 - 3:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, November 27, 2022 - 3:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
https://youtu.be/trU4ledpV_A

This was about 3 weeks ago.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, November 27, 2022 - 4:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I don't know what to think. He admitted in his confessional on the show that he didn't really injure himself - and he did come bouncing back three days after he left the boat.