TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 12, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Below Deck on Bravo: Archive through June 12, 2019 users admin

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, January 31, 2019 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
It's bizarre to say the least because there's no way that Ross has the kind of money that her future ex-husband has.

Rainynights

03-03-2008

Friday, February 01, 2019 - 6:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rainynights a private message Print Post    
Thanks Lexie for the update. Ross is something else and I don't mean that in a positive way. He deserves everything coming his way with hooking up with Krystal. Yuck!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, May 30, 2019 - 10:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, these commercials for Captain Sandy - Bravos Below Deck Mediterranean and hysterical.

On June 3, they will be in the French Riviera.

Missyb

07-28-2004

Tuesday, June 04, 2019 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
Below deck Med is back with a good first episode. I dont think the new chef will last the charter season !

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, June 04, 2019 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL Missyb, I believe you are correct, wonder where they found her.

Annie

08-15-2009

Tuesday, June 04, 2019 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Annie a private message Print Post    
Does anyone know if there are any "spoilers" for this season? Such as, who's getting fired?

Missyb

07-28-2004

Tuesday, June 04, 2019 - 1:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
Annie, I haven't seen any spoilers but judging from the first episode and from active texting from Chef Ben Robinson, I think Chef Mila is not long for this charter.

Zeyna

07-15-2001

Tuesday, June 04, 2019 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zeyna a private message Print Post    
Classicaly trained in French cuisine and serves hamburgers for lunch and tacos for dinner in her debut...I definitely don't think she will last long. Too bad, she is the first female chef on these shows. Funny (or not) that Hanna upon meeting the new chef immediately assumed she was one of her stews.

Annie

08-15-2009

Thursday, June 06, 2019 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Annie a private message Print Post    
Zeyna - I'm okay with the hamburgers and tacos since the hamburger seemed to be an "upgraded" burger and I believe they did request tacos on their preference sheet.
What I am appalled by is her use of the bottled ranch dressing. She should have made ranch dressing from scratch. AND those "nachos" were beyond sad. I don't blame Hannah for not serving those.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Thursday, June 06, 2019 - 3:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Um. Microwave steaks? To “warm” them? Are you kidding me?

Kellsma

08-27-2002

Friday, June 07, 2019 - 7:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellsma a private message Print Post    
Using premade hard taco shells is not what a true chef would do, even if they did say they liked tacos.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, June 07, 2019 - 10:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Gosh, even I've made my own taco shells. And I am a horrible cook.

Starr

07-09-2005

Friday, June 07, 2019 - 8:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Starr a private message Print Post    
The worst for me was her coughing. And into her hand!! Ick!! I've had food poisoning before, but a cough was definitely not one of the symptoms.

When she was sooooo shocked that the captain was a woman, I was so hoping Sandy would make a comment back about the chef being a woman (to show her how dumb that was) LOL

Annie

08-15-2009

Monday, June 10, 2019 - 2:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Annie a private message Print Post    
It's MONDAY!!! I can hardly wait to see what the "chef" creates on tonight's Below Deck.

Probably due to my ex having graduated from the Culinary Institute of America in 1996, I cannot hide my suspicions about Mila's training and true life experience as a chef.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, June 11, 2019 - 4:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I have a bias against Chef Mila from last week with the microwave, the coughing and now her comments on gays and her support of Putin....
She needs to go and is obviously on Captain Sandy's radar...and beeping loudly.
Bye Natasha

Annie

08-15-2009

Tuesday, June 11, 2019 - 7:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Annie a private message Print Post    
Who does she think she's fooling?
I mean, there are RED.FLAGS.EVERYWHERE.

The previews for next week look juicy, though. LOL

Missyb

07-28-2004

Tuesday, June 11, 2019 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
So far , two good episodes. Hannah seems to have a good team of stews that know what they are doing. And Hannah seems to be taking seriously her goal of having better communication with Sandy.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Tuesday, June 11, 2019 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
They are sure giving her a wide berth to bury herself! She was trying to blame Hannah for the cake! Hannah solved that problem!

And captain Sandy, I was disappointed. She was showing “chef” pictures of plating... but she should’ve showed a recipe site 🤣

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, June 11, 2019 - 2:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
For some reason I thought when she was showing Mila the pictures that perhaps they were want Mila sent in with her resume and Captain Sandy was kind of pointing out that so far what she said she could do and what she was doing were not the same thing.

Annie

08-15-2009

Tuesday, June 11, 2019 - 4:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Annie a private message Print Post    
Roxip - I was wondering about that. I'm re-watching the episode right now to see if those pics were sent in by Mila as "her work".

Lurkin

02-15-2002

Tuesday, June 11, 2019 - 8:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lurkin a private message Print Post    
I thought she told Mila that s was her plates she submitted and Sandy expected the same on her boat

Not crazy bout Aesha or whatever her name is. She would bug me. If I were wealthy and could afford this perk. Insert jealousy here

I love this show

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, June 12, 2019 - 5:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Yes, Mila sent in those pictures with her résumé; however, it kind of looked like Mila had no idea how to prepare those dishes when Capt. Sandy showed them to her.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, June 12, 2019 - 6:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
There seems to be no doubt that Mila is a wonderful cook - the guests seem to have praised her food so far - but whether she padded her resume to get this job is certainly a possibility.

I have no idea about the curriculum at culinary school, but it seems implausible to me that there isn't at least a course they have to take on baking. I work for a law firm and lawyers have to kind of do a general rotation through all types of law before they pick and specialty...and doctors have to do a rotation through all types of medicine before they pick a specialty (well, at least they do on Grey's Anatomy) - wouldn't it be the same for chefs? Shouldn't they at least have minimal training in baking?

Annie

08-15-2009

Wednesday, June 12, 2019 - 8:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Annie a private message Print Post    
Roxip - I can't speak on Le Cordon Bleu, but when my ex was enrolled at the Culinary Institute of America he did have to rotate every 6 months to train under a different chef and a different curriculum. He even learned how to carve ice sculptures using a chain saw... and it was like this for 3-1/2 years.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, June 12, 2019 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Thanks Annie. That would be what I suspect would be the case...how do you know what you are good at and are passionate about unless you've tried it?