TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
General Discussion

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : Australia 2013: General Discussion users admin

Big Brother Australia
Big Brother Australia

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
ARCHIVESRehtse675 28 10-14-13  10:50 am
Archive through October 17, 2013Curlyq25 10-17-13  12:41 am
Archive through October 18, 2013Curlyq25 10-18-13  9:57 pm
Archive through October 22, 2013Missy225 10-22-13  10:36 am
Archive through October 24, 2013Willwillbee25 10-24-13  12:03 am
Archive through October 25, 2013Spunky25 10-25-13  5:34 pm
Archive through October 28, 2013Kitt25 10-28-13  6:29 pm
Archive through October 30, 2013Kitt25 10-30-13  11:42 am
Archive through October 31, 2013Willwillbee25 10-31-13  5:05 pm
Archive through November 01, 2013Jbw25 11-01-13  2:11 pm
Archive through November 04, 2013Kitt25 11-04-13  11:27 am
Archive through November 05, 2013Curlyq25 11-05-13  6:32 pm
Archive through November 06, 2013Cricket25 11-06-13  11:09 am
Archive through November 07, 2013Willwillbee25 11-07-13  11:30 am
Archive through November 09, 2013Jbw25 11-09-13  12:43 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Sunday, November 10, 2013 - 2:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
2014 has been confirmed for BBAU - it didn't have the highest ratings *but* was #1 in the age bracket (<55) that is most desirable to commercial advertisers

Last year the next season wasn't immediately announced, so this is good news.

I expect/hope next year to not start til after the summer series for UK/US are over as they've done the last couple of years at ch10. Our summer is dead winter in Australia, at least having it in the Spring makes more sense.

Curlyq

07-10-2002

Sunday, November 10, 2013 - 9:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Curlyq a private message Print Post    
Didn't they start this last season in July? I think in Queensland even their winter is fairly warm. Although it would explain why Drew brought those sweaters into the house.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Sunday, November 10, 2013 - 11:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Winter starts in Australia in June (June July Aug) it's spring now. Winter on the Gold Coast where Dreamworld/BB is stays mild about 50F at night & 70F in days but a little chilly for bikini for Texas girl.

BBAu started July 29th this year & Aug. 13 last year. BBUK ended Aug 19th this year so there was some overlap but at least they didn't run head to head as US & UK versions tend to do.

after only 4 hours & 170 bids, the current bid is $70,000AUD with 2 days 20 hours left to bid.

11 different folks bid >$40,000AUD

6 different folks bid >$65,000AUD

2 different folks bid $70,000AUD

Big Brother Australia 2013 Winner Tim Dormer has kindly offered his one-of-a-kind lucky eviction jacket up for auction - with all profits to be donated to the Australian Red Cross Disaster Relief and Recovery Program.

A message from Tim below:

When I left the Big Brother house to find out the news of the devastating bush fires to hit my hometown of the beautiful blue mountains I was heartbroken. So many families have lost everything, so I want to give up something I love and hopefully get some $$ to send my support to those affected! So I'm auctioning off my infamous rockstar Phoenix studded ksubi denim vest. The jacket has a lot of history on Big Brother. I wore it for my first ever eviction I was nominated, and also wore it on finale night for the win! Tahan threw it over the fence where big brother held it ransom for most of the show, teasing me with different dilemmas to try and get it back, when he finally did give it back Boogs put eggs all through it during the prank wars of final week! Just like me, the jacket is one of a kind, part of the "kustom ksubi" range. I bought it specially for big brother, worth $750 new, but priceless now!! Size M for a snug fit. Oh and yes it's been fully dry-cleaned so doesn't smell of eggs!

Bid big for an amazing part of my big brother experience, to help a cause that's close to my heart!!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Big-Brother-2013-WINNER-Tims-Eviction-Jacket-/221314685846?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, November 11, 2013 - 12:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
That's nice of him.

Curlyq

07-10-2002

Monday, November 11, 2013 - 9:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Curlyq a private message Print Post    
I had a feeling that jacket would end up being auctioned off, but never imagined the bids would go that high. That's great.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 - 1:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
There is still 42 hours left (of 72hrs) to bid on Tim's jacket & the bidding is up to $72,000AUD ($67,169USD)

So far there have been 9 different bidders bid >$70k I keep reading that people think it's got to be a fake bid. I'm sure out of the 9 bidders, one is real & if the top bid falls through, the next bidder wins & bidding is a legally binding contract.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 - 8:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
The price of Tim's jacket dropped to $71,900 due to 3 bid retractions that were up to over $72,000AUD

Between the jacket & his pic, he raised nearly $95,000AUD for the Red Cross!

There were questions on the other forum if this would be tax deductible to the buyer, since BB would be the one paying Red Cross & the buyer would only have an ebay receipt for a *very* expensive jacket. I emailed the BB fundraiser organizer to clarify this a few hours before the auction ended. The retractions happened soon after the tax deductible question was raised, I don't know if that was a coincidence but I would want it clarified before spending that kind of money.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Big-Brother-2013-WINNER-Tims-Eviction-Jacket-/221314685846

Flagg

06-01-2005

Sunday, November 17, 2013 - 7:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
That would be a bit ridiculous if BB got the tax deduction when they didn't actually spend any cash.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Monday, November 18, 2013 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Flagg, it would have been harder to spend all that money to find out it was just a *very* expensive jacket, lol.

I'm sure with the Red Cross paperwork that was indicated to be included that it would be (less the $700 jacket value) tax deductible & it was clearly stated in the bid that all proceeds would be going to the Red Cross. I would think the buyer should get confirmation from the Red Cross (& hopefully a receipt).

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Friday, November 22, 2013 - 7:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
If anyone is wondering what's happened to the cast after the show, this site is posting pics, tweets & info from the HM.

Drew & Tully are together & going strong so far. Jade & Ed are looking friendzoned (big shock).

http://forum.behindbigbrother.com/showthread.php?50808-Post-BB-Housemate-Antics/page259

Lake_gal

06-09-2004

Thursday, December 19, 2013 - 8:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lake_gal a private message Print Post    
I have been following the HMs. Drew and Tully are still together. Ed & Jade seem to see each other off and on. They do not live close to each other. Ed wears a lot of ugly shirts and poses with his mouth open looking drunk a lot. Tim is happy and doing his thing. Tahan has done a lot of beautiful photo shoots. Drew did a great copy of Miley Cyrus that had me laughing. Caleb is acting kind of pathetic and showing a lot of shots of his dog. Matt got a cover of a fitness magazine. All of them are still showing up at various events.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, December 19, 2013 - 8:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Tim is pretty funny. Did anyone see his spider catching YouTube?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gl9dD6vsD64

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, December 20, 2013 - 8:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
That is one big spider to be in your kitchen!!!

I'm not surprised Drew and Tully are together, although I do think it will end really messily at some point within the next year.

Anyone heard anything about Ben?

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Sunday, December 29, 2013 - 11:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I hope we can see this -

The reality show winner has also been spending time with fan favorite Ben Zabel. "Ben will always be one of my best friends," he said. "I went to his house, it is like a grandpa's apartment, everything is immaculately placed and very retro… that's what I love about Ben." With plans for a spin-off reality TV show in the works, Tim hints that we'll be "seeing more" of the oddball pair together in the new year.

http://www.yourtv.com.au/blog.aspx?blogentryid=1167727&showcomments=true

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, January 02, 2014 - 2:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Interesting. I'd like for Ben to get something out of it. I don't know how much of a match they are tv-wise. Tim seems more like an animal show presenter and Ben more or a talk show host.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Saturday, January 04, 2014 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Tim and Ben Show - The Announcement

They are going to be filmed going to Graceland, the Amazon & maybe Iceland & other places.

In the start of pt2, Ben (the former flight attendant) says because I don't like flying ... which for some reason I find very strange but maybe he doesn't like flying because of his old job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2iueOGO8fA&list=UUKmHrUX647WifYxKHhmYO2A

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Saturday, January 04, 2014 - 3:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the link, Willwillbe. Hilarious.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Saturday, January 18, 2014 - 1:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
HM update -

Tahan and her bf are together and fine.

Jaded seems to be over and done.

Drully have stopped posting about their long distance relationship on sm due, it seems, to so much negative/invasive input from crazies and or gossip rags, but most believe they are still a couple.

As for drama, the pages of this thread are filled with it.

As in: Tim had 2 of his wisdom teeth out yesterday, tried to sell them on E-bay, but you can't sell body parts there. No word on what the next plan is. lol But he keeps me entertained.

http://forum.behindbigbrother.com/showthread.php?50808-Post-BB-Housemate-Antics/page837

Tim put his wisdom teeth on ebay & the bidding got up to $90,000 - I don't know if they were real bids or not. Maybe folks bid just for jokes, knowing that the posting would be taken down before closing.

Tully looks amazing & it's a black & white "selfie" not a professional photo. She looks very content & calm here.

see Post # 16773

http://forum.behindbigbrother.com/showthread.php?50808-Post-BB-Housemate-Antics/page839

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Thursday, January 30, 2014 - 5:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
HM update =

Reaper uploaded all the pages from the magazine article into the Media Articles thread, but basically Tully says about her long distance relationship & split from Drew -

Tahlia had nothing to do with the split

They didn't split because she couldn't label herself

They didn't split because being with a guy wasn't as satisfying

Drew was "absolutely amazing" in understanding her not labelling herself and having complete trust in her and not caring about her bisexuality

She wants to be married and have babies but that doesn't necessarily mean she sees herself with a guy in the future

She said the rumours of having found someone else are completely false and her and her friends laughed about them on Facebook

She discusses her mum at the end extensively and is aware that her mum's disease is hereditary and may affect herself

If she could redo her reality tv experience she wouldn't make the same choices.

I think that pretty much sums it up, it is worth reading what she had to say about her mum though, so you know - read it for yourself

http://forum.behindbigbrother.com/showthread.php?50808-Post-BB-Housemate-Antics/page983

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, January 30, 2014 - 6:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I can't find the article, when I click on your link it goes to a forum page. Is there a way to link to the article directly?

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Thursday, January 30, 2014 - 8:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I didn't look at the article, just cut & paste the summary but as he said it was posted in the Media Articles thread but here's a direct link but I'm not finding the orig article link -

see post 932 & 933

BIG BROTHER'S TULLY OPENS UP ABOUT HER SPLIT WITH DREW

Confirming their break-up, the Big Brother star tells OK! what went wrong

http://forum.behindbigbrother.com/showthread.php?45617-Big-Brother-Australia-Media-Articles/page47

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, January 30, 2014 - 9:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Ah, got it, http://www.okmagazine.com.au/insider/big-brothers-tully-opens-up-about-her-split-with-drew.htm

I was wondering what she meant about her mother, but she said she had early-onset Alzheimer's. That kind of rings a bell so maybe she revealed it on the show and I forgot.

Jbw

08-14-2006

Sunday, October 05, 2014 - 9:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
Tim & Ben are hoping to raise money (A$39200) to film their upcoming trip to Graceland for a web-series. They're using a crowd-sourcing site called Pozible.

http://www.pozible.com/project/187093

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdFBRWgjc5o

Jbw

08-14-2006

Monday, October 06, 2014 - 3:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
October 06, 2014: Big Brother favourites Ben Zabel and Tim Dormer tell TODAY about their brand new adventure! (video)

http://www.jump-in.com.au/show/today/videos/3822605853001/

Jbw

08-14-2006

Monday, November 03, 2014 - 8:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
Tim & Ben were successful in crowdfunding for their trip to Graceland. Guess we'll be seeing a YouTube series of their trip sometime next year:

http://www.pozible.com/project/187093

Jbw

08-14-2006

Saturday, October 03, 2015 - 12:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
Tim Dormer is a contestant on the latest Celebrity Apprentice Australia. Season started last month and four episodes have already aired. If you're outside Aussieland and want to watch try YouTube, streaming sites or torrents.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert HG Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: