TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 07, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : Australia 2013: General Discussion: Archive through November 07, 2013 users admin

Cricket

08-05-2002

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
The new show they previewed looks good. The younger Lapaglia is playing a doctor. I can't wait to watch it. I wonder if it takes place in the 60's.

Oh, forgot to mention this before, but when they showed last year's final two, I thought Layla was Estelle and kept wondering where Layla was. She looks different.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
So where was Justynn? Sure he was not an official housemate but he was still in there for several days.

He is an actor, Flagg, but so is Jade, so I don't understand why they bring him back. Maybe he refused. The HM's were pretty nasty to him (not saying he didn't bring it on himself.)

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 11:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Yes I know Jade is an actress, I posted a screenshot of her in "Camp" on NBC. But she actually seemed to be in the house as herself and somewhat genuine, while Justynn most definitely was not. He felt like a paid actor hired to go in the house for a few days and stir things up.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
so was Boog, another actor..

Cricket, when you say the 'new show they previewed.." Who is Lapaglia and what the heck was that Lovechild all about?? I didn't understand what was going on?? Were they talking about the BB '14?

Can someone post here any news of how the 3 finalists are doing after BB? Tahan no doubt will have lots of opportunities but with her boyfriend in car racing I'm a bit anxious as to her future. That's a very risky sport... Best of luck to her.

Tim will have lots of opportunities as well and a tour at Bindi's zoo for sure.

Jade, oh well, she will try Ed in the real world and if they're roses they'll bloom... who knows.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Cricket, when you say the 'new show they previewed.." Who is Lapaglia and what the heck was that Lovechild all about?? I didn't understand what was going on?? Were they talking about the BB '14?

Spunky, I'm talking about Jonathan Lapaglia, whom I just found out is Anthony Lapaglia's brother, not his son, lol. Wow, he looks much younger. They are both Australian, but are actors here in the U.S. Both have been on several tv shows.

It seems like the new show is about pregnant gals who end up together in a home for unwed mothers. Jonathan plays a doctor. I feel like it may be the 60's because I'm not sure there are such homes anymore, even in AU, right?

Both Jade & Tehan are models, so they will most likely continue to model and be fine, although Jade will like smother Ed to death.

I'm blown away that Heidi got a promotion. To me, her voice isn't made for radio.

Jabelljba

07-07-2005

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jabelljba a private message Print Post    
Spunky, Part 2 isn't posted to youtube yet as far as I can see. Where did you find it? Does anyone know where we can find part 2 of the finale?

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
http://forums.jokersupdates.com/ubbthreads/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=BigBrotherAustralia

Just scroll a bit and there it is posted at Jokers. That's where I find it.

Thanks Cricket, so it was a 'theme' not those people on next BB, I got it.

You can find Tim, Tahan and Jade's interviews link on the same Joker's link above.

I'll give it another few days to just get over but it's nice to know that at any time we can go down under via youtube..

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
or maybe I didn't understand at all... that Lovechild, the preview is about a show in Australia? What has that got to do with BB? Okay, I'm confused but I'll get it somehow.

That interview with Tim answers your questions in the backyard, he seems so at home, he is such a good talker, everything he says comes so natural to him, and he described everything I found good about him... when he said... I'm grateful you didn't hold back on me... well, we almost did, didn't we, these last few days, he was changing, but obviously he got his 'knack' back just on time...

Tahan was put in the kitchen for the interview, such unglamourous surrounding... while Jade in the Presidential Suite.

Well, okay, enough of that.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 1:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I woke up today and no internet! It's been off and on in spurts this morning and I've only just got to the winner being announced. I need to get lunch and I'm working this afternoon so might not be able to finish until later, nooooo!

(I was shocked Tahan was third but very happy Jade was so tight in numbers to Tim.)

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 2:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Yes that show was definitely set in the 60s.
The cars, hairstyles and the clothes made it a bit obvious, as well as the "sexual revolution" comment.

It has nothing to do with BB, other than being on the same network.

Mamajenn

07-07-2011

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 4:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamajenn a private message Print Post    
I am losing my mind here, I have watched at least 3 episodes of BB and I still cannot find the winner section..... I seen THE double evicton. the memory thru the house... someone please help!

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 4:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
I just finished watching the finale, and I'm really glad and I didn't come in here and spoil myself first. I was absolutely shocked when Tahan was voted out in third place (happy, but shocked!). I gasped out loud, and my son, who was watching with me, said he had never seen me react that way to a TV show. I knew Tim would win after that, and I think he deserved the win (although I would have been happy with an upset - I like Jade).

I have to add that my son was quite critical of Tahan when she said in a diary room session that Jade was a genuine person who was not being herself. So which is it, is she genuine or is she not being herself?

Stormie

03-01-2007

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 4:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
I found an interview with Tim from a couple of years ago, he sounds like a normal adult here to me.

Uploaded on Feb 21, 2011
Timmy, host of popular tv & radio shows The Hit List/Hit List TV, speaks exclusively about how he got into radio and his work on the Hit List.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0j0qLLZzPMw

Stormie

03-01-2007

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 4:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
Here's a couple of recent interviews with Ben.

Published on Oct 31, 2013
Nine's Mornings Show interviews Big Brother Australia 2013 evicted housemate Ben from Brisbane

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NF83iDXnhI

Published on Nov, 2013
Big Brother Ex Housemate Ben talks about his
battle with anxiety

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPyoo72E8zw

Cricket

08-05-2002

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 6:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I think what Tehan meant by Jade being genuine but not being herself is that she gave herself up to Ed. She gave up her game for him. She didn't socialize as much and whatever he wanted, she did.

The other HG's saw her more as an appendage of Ed than as a HG.

Also, she did always think before she spoke. Maybe she felt she had to protect her modeling career? Look how well she was getting along with Tim and Tehan the last week; whereas she talked bad about them with Mikkayla and Ed. I liked her again at the end. It's too bad she doesn't have more confidence in herself. She is a nice person and so beautiful.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 8:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The thing that always bugged me about Tahan was that she seemed to think if you weren't rude to people but wrapped what you were saying in more considerate language then you weren't being yourself. I think that's why she was so critical of Jade at the beginning, and when she (Tahan) had to spend time with people she realised that being nice actually isn't so bad can serve you well.

Hardly any interview with Tim!? Was it because he took so long to leave the house? Both Tahan and Jade's interviews were pretty good. It'll be good to see something more thorough on Tim, if the Aus papers do that.

Mamajenn, I didn't understand you question, are you looking for the finale youtubes? You can find them by searching for "Big Brother Australia 2013 Episode 87 finale." PM me if you still can't find them.

Lake_gal

06-09-2004

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 9:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lake_gal a private message Print Post    
I am so happy I can actually watch the finale this year. Last season I knew Ben won in advance and I disliked the outcome so much that I never watched the final episode. I just could not do it.

This season I like the final 5. They did not end up in the order I wanted. But I still like all of them. I believe I would have liked Jade more if she had never fallen for Ed.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 9:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
Here's some Tim interviews after the win. It looks like they are done in the same studio, but with different interviewers.

Nov 6, 2013 - Nine's Mornings interviews Big Brother Australia 2013 Winner Tim
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VClOXjgaORE

Nov 6, 2013 - Nine's Today Show interviews
Big Brother Australia 2013 Winner Tim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1slvRxIscX8

Curlyq

07-10-2002

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 11:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Curlyq a private message Print Post    
Great show, great finale. Can't believe it was so long, though. I had no idea I'd still be on the computer at 6 a.m.!

I was so surprised that Tahan came in 3rd. I noticed something else, though. When I re-watched the finale I noticed that Mikkayla got the numbers wrong with the HM's choice. Maybe I'm miscounting, but by my count Tim won with 6 votes and Jade and Tahan tied at 5 each. I think Mikkayla put one of Tim's votes in Tahan's column.

Perhaps Tahan is misperceiving why she got so much support. For me, it wasn't her "honesty." She seems to be only just learning that it's okay to keep your honest opinions quiet when it's going to hurt someone. The word "tact" comes to mind. Although goodness knows most of the things she said were not meant for the person to hear, but Mikkayla always made sure they heard it. No, for me it was her grit. I think I first started respecting her when she had that ice tub challenge and Rohan jumped out and was writhing on the floor (hilarious!). She took on the whole challenge herself and I thought "Wow. She's tough." A lot of other girls would've given up or whined about it. She showed that toughness throughout the game.

Jade did benefit from the fans of Mikkayla, Ed, Sugar Sisters, etc. That's the way it goes. In the end I guess Tim had more fans than those others put together, but Tahan did not.

I thought I had watched every single episode, but I realized for some reason I had begun on episode 2. So I just watched the first episode and it's so funny seeing how they introduced themselves to the viewers. Tim was warning that he'd go crazy if anyone messed with his clothes. Mikkayla kept talking about eating. Tahan said she doesn't get along with girls. Can't say we weren't warned.

A lot of people were asking why Justynn wasn't included, but I figured it was because he never became an official housemate. Frankly, I was surprised Nathan was allowed back in after he quit. It would've made more sense to include Mr. Clooney in the finale since he was more a member of the cast than those other two. Does anyone know if past finales featured all intruders regardless of final status?

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, November 07, 2013 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Thank you for those other interviews with Tim and the newscasters. He is really the same as he was in the house, such a natural entertainer, nothing seems 'forced out' of him, his every reaction is simply spontaneous and so jovial.

So, he's going on trips with Ben and Drew... good for him. He'll be back broke but hopefully it was all worth it. I would have preferred he remain in the spotlight to grab the best gig for him in show business but to go so far away people have a tendency to forget very quickly... unless he keeps blogs and keeps alive on the internet, I'm sure it's possible he won't be forgotten even if far away.

Curly, I thank your for expressing so well all of my thoughts on the show, it is really nice to see someone I don't even know to think exactly like me.

It amazed me to see how well behaved Mr. Clooney was when he was asked to leave the house, what if he started to run wild and everyone had to chase after him like they did before when they couldn't catch him, that would have been so hilarious. I saw a nice clip of him at the new farm playing with water in a shallow pond, he must have wanted to jump in that pool with them so many times and now he can do it at that farm, play with water.

Mamajenn

07-07-2011

Thursday, November 07, 2013 - 10:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamajenn a private message Print Post    
Thanks guys, finally found youtube link "Finale pt2" I just picked bad you tubes, they stopped in the middle or end, and the youtube posters I was watchin, never posted the rest... It took me hours yesterday to finally watch the entire show... it was frustrating! I saw the first pt. enough. lol

One thing I did was look up interviews, the Pt. 2 that I watched with Tim finally coming out a winner had no interview of him, just an onstage greeting of family/friends. THAT WAS MESSED UP SINCE THE REST HAD INTERVIEW TIME AND HE HAD NONE. sorry bout caps, anyway I did see him after when he was in back yard, but that initial reaction interview would have been great!

I also would have loved to see Ed's reaction, and Drews, Ben's and a few others.... less memory lane, more winner screen time and cast time with winner!

Jabelljba

07-07-2005

Thursday, November 07, 2013 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jabelljba a private message Print Post    
Does anyone have links to interviews? Thanks!

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, November 07, 2013 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Jab, if you go here you'll see some more I had missed: (I wished I didn't see Jade's, left a bitter taste in my mouth.... eek!!!)

http://forums.jokersupdates.com/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=BigBrotherAustralia&Number=21163872&page=0&view=expanded&sb=5&o=&rc=&fpart=

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Thursday, November 07, 2013 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Justynn was not invited to the Finale - He posted the letter he sent to BB begging to go, saying it was the best way to dispel the Ed conflict rumors, etc. I think they feared having a loose cannon on a live show but it's not fair *especially* since Nathan "the walker" was on the Finale. BBAU must not share BBUK view on walkers.

My monitor died Tuesday. I snuck on my sis computer & watched the finale without sound til after 5am. I still haven't seen it in full, had to check in here first lol.

I was surprised by the outcome but thrilled Tim won.

This might be the best site for BBAU links updates etc. -

http://forum.behindbigbrother.com/showthread.php?45617-Big-Brother-Australia-Media-Articles/page33

and HM updates -

http://forum.behindbigbrother.com/forumdisplay.php?58-Housemates-Forum

There were rumors that Drew & Tully were in different places on their relationship status - sounded like Drew wasn't "all in" but may have been just in shock by the new surroundings. I really expect him to eventually try to hook up with Jade.

Someone claimed to be Jade's stepmom at the live stream viewing & I told her Ed may be engaged to the girl he lived with & to warn Jade.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Thursday, November 07, 2013 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Awwwwwwwww, I hope this truly happens ... - It was in Tim's exit interview too (on the OS) - when asked how he'd spend his money, he said he'd take Ben to Graceland and Drew to South America as those two helped him out so much in the show and to get through to the end.