TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 28, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : Australia 2013: General Discussion: Archive through October 28, 2013 users admin

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Friday, October 25, 2013 - 7:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
Spunky, I hope you're right!

Curlyq

07-10-2002

Friday, October 25, 2013 - 9:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Curlyq a private message Print Post    
I don't think Jade and Ed will stay. Some people online voiced annoyance when Drew got ticked at them kissing all up in his face, but Jade and Ed have done little to get people to want to vote on their behalf. Ed's promised cards never appeared. Jade just makes you sad seeing what disappointment she sets herself up for. And the hypocrisy from both of them continues regarding the others' behavior. Every time I think those two might not be so bad, they have another conversation that changes my mind.

So I think Drew might survive. Unless the reemergence of Tully is enough to drive people away from him. I really don't think his annoyance with Jade/Ed is a case of sour grapes. I would've thought so a few months ago, but not anymore. I believe him when he says he sees that as a dodged bullet. I think he just gets frustrated with her because on some level he still cares about her but sees her making a fool of herself after having already been hurt by her previous boyfriend.

It's interesting how they all noted that Ed seemed on edge after the evictions, but nobody figured out that it might be something that he overheard in the diary room. That, coupled with Jade using the L word on him has Ed in a sticky situation. On the one hand, he'd want to show Drew and Tim that their relationship is not just a ploy to get votes, but then he doesn't want Jade getting the wrong idea (too late!).

Florin

08-27-2006

Friday, October 25, 2013 - 9:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
I think Drew has forgotten how he and Tully would separate themselves from the group and became a couple that fought all the time and did their kissing under the sheets. LOL At least Ed and Jade don't fight.

Lake_gal

06-09-2004

Saturday, October 26, 2013 - 6:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lake_gal a private message Print Post    
I believe Ed is getting worried. His brother told him he was in massive trouble. Then quickly made some stupid remark about taking his clothes in the house. But it sounded more like carefully worded code to me. Then Ed was told he is seen as boring. Add to that Ed is up for noms. I think he is worried he might be going. He is scrambling. I suppose he will use his big threat of showing his cards again. But Ed's cards are probably boring too.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, October 26, 2013 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The more Ed tries to be "good tv" the more unlikeable he is. I don't actually mind him when he's just being himself with Jade, in fact others (Drew, Tim) have been showing their bad sides so much that for now I don't mind Ed staying.

I never ever thought I'd be rooting for Drew to go.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Saturday, October 26, 2013 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
Wow, to hear Drew talk you would have thought that Ed and Jade were practically having sex in front of him, instead of just a little kiss (and not even a pash!). He messed his game up over Tully, and now he resents that Jade has Ed.

For people who always accused "the other side" of sitting around talking about them, Boog, Drew, Tim and Tahan sure do spend a lot of time talking about Jade and Ed!

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Saturday, October 26, 2013 - 5:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Lakegal, I too think Ed's bro tried to pass a lot of info to Ed between his visit & his noms but I don't think there's much that Ed can do about it. I think the bro told him he's in massive trouble, people think he's boring & insincere with Jade & Drew's not a friend. This might have been helpful 3 months ago but even if he did a massive overhaul now, it would look fake.

Merrysea, how would you feel if your ex who dumped you for the person they were kissing was doing smoochy face & in your way while you were trying to fry foods. We all know that they were never a couple, but I think Drew was infatuated & even though he may intellectually be glad it didn't work out, I think he's still got enough of an emotional attachment to have resentment. Drew became obsessed with *Tully* at her worst, you don't think he could have lingering feelings for the gorgeous Italian?

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Saturday, October 26, 2013 - 11:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Final Bid price on the ebay auctions of the HM self portraits -

$23,701 Tim's
$2024 Madaline's
$1151 Tahan's
$1050 Jade's
$395 Drew's
$300 Ed's
$255 Boog's

I wish they had included Madaline's nude drawing of Tim & his fruit. It was excellent, much better than the one she did of herself.

Gibraltar

08-31-2013

Sunday, October 27, 2013 - 6:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gibraltar a private message Print Post    
I really enjoyed the nominations show and I think this will be an interesting eviction!

I so agree with the post regarding Tahan's mom's nomination ... that one little word IF made a difference in what Jade said and then taking it back right away. Although I'm sure what Jade said was upsetting, I was sorry to hear Tahan's mother repeat the Drew version.

Ed's brother? I don't think he was giving away as much information about Drew as he was telling Ed to use his three points to nominate Tim. For all his talk, how many times has Ed actually nominated Tim during the past few weeks. If it wasn't for that nudge, I don't know that Ed would have actually nominated Tim this time around. He said "You're in massive trouble ...", and that must have rattled Ed (and lightened the others a bit). If it was a joke, oh boy, IMO not very funny at all.

I would like to see Tim and Drew stay this week and I'd rather see Jade stay over Ed (although not for the win).

Stormie

03-01-2007

Sunday, October 27, 2013 - 2:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
I think the notion that Ed is boring comes from what Tim has said about Ed and what BB has recently shown of Ed. Ed has a very silly side, he even did a strip tease at a couple of the parties, but I don't think he's been shown in that light as much. What's been shown is what Tim has been saying about Ed and others joining in. Tim always plants the seed and then watches it grow. Along with doing that to everyone else, he did that with Ed calling him boring.

I don't understand why Drew has stuck so close to Tim, particularly after Tim told Tully not to trust Drew. And Tim also tried to get the house involved in breaking them up. Actually Ed was a part of that too, until a lot of the HMs realized what Tim was doing. Perhaps it's insecurity, but I would think Drew would be a nicer and more interesting person without Tim's influence, but then again, maybe this is who he is, it's hard to say.

It seems to me that this whole season has been spent on Tim, what he thinks of the others, what he wants, how he perceives things, etc. Without Tim's influence, I think we would have seen other personalties come through, rather than rumors and people defending themselves against rumors. Although I'm glad Ed has stopped doing that, or at least it looks that way to me. It's too bad production thinks Tim is interesting, for some I guess he is, but for me, he isn't. Who is the real Tim? Is it this manipulator or will we a a very different person when he's out? It will be interesting to see.

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Monday, October 28, 2013 - 4:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
Boog's really a trainer! http://www.nexusfitness.com.au/our-team/

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, October 28, 2013 - 8:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I admit that with those live feed clips I can see how the editors put together the tv show to influence the audience. Sometimes it's hard to understand what happened earlier or later, you see Boog yelling at Tim and then they joke again. Those tweets are annoying during the show.

I don't agree that Tim was broken, he just got tired of so much negativity towards him and coming from Boog must have surprised him more than annoyed. He did a lot to make her feel welcome when she first arrived and a lot of her popularity was because she got funnier with him, without him she would not have been that outrageous.
He is more annoyed to hear Ed judgemental comments than Boog's criticism of him.

I kept saying... Tim go to the Diary Room and keep your narrative and there he is opening up to Big Brotha and the Australian audience.

The x-mas workshop seemed to me a bit scripted and a bit forced, they were clearly told to open up to each other and with some specific questions, Jade and Ed then bashing Tim about it. Seeing Ben again was nice and I'm still shocked at how he was evicted.

The Little Brother challenge won by Drew, for what? For making Ed and Jade fit in the big sweater, so please, shove more sugar into my coffee...eek.

Don't know what the intent of this episode was but to show Tim as the 'misunderstood' and 'broken' housemate didn't convince me, as he has a clear opinion of what he feels about the whole BB experience and the other housemates and I tend to agree with him.

I don't like to see Tahan becoming wishy washy as if she is afraid to ruffle some feathers and saying she has learned how to control her emotions and play it safe, that's a no no in my book, whatch it that you could become just as boring as Ed.

I am now convinced that Ed and Jade are actually perfect for each other.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, October 28, 2013 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think they've kind of made the Tim story into a morality tale: he made his own bed and now he has to lie in it. I'm glad they showed the conversation with Jade where she was trying to say that the issue was trust and him spreading stories and he just keeps talking over her and repeating his version without listening. He was actually physically hard to listen to today, like it often feels on Parenthood when too many people are talking.

Ed, Drew, Jade, Tim... I think there's actually a chance Tim might be in trouble. People will probably think he's safe, yet the last vote showed he isn't, and he's really been a bit pathetic this last week, and irritating the two weeks before. Ed and Jade seem to be getting steady votes for one reason or another. Nothing is going to stop Drew being completely gorgeous - and sometimes that's a hard thing to ignore - and he seems to have shaken off his foul mood a bit. Wouldn't really surprise me if Tim went this week, particularly if the others get good air time tomorrow and he continues the pity-party.

Mamajenn

07-07-2011

Monday, October 28, 2013 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamajenn a private message Print Post    
It is official... I detest Boog!

Missy2

07-31-2001

Monday, October 28, 2013 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missy2 a private message Print Post    
I still love Tim though he has looked like he is wearing down. I think the only other person I'd want to see win other than Tim is Tahan. Ed / Jade are just :| Drew and Boog again :|....

Mamajenn

07-07-2011

Monday, October 28, 2013 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamajenn a private message Print Post    
Tim will have a come back.... he is not doing anything that Ed is not doing but Tim is being honest. Tim/Tahan F2!

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Monday, October 28, 2013 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
IMO they've given Tim waaay too much air time, and I'm really over his Peter Pan act.

Cinnabarry

08-26-2008

Monday, October 28, 2013 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnabarry a private message Print Post    
The only thing I saw that would've given Drew the "Little Brother" honor was that, giving instructions, he sounded more like Big Brother, with pauses and voice inflection. Whatever the reason, I'm glad he received it, though it prompted Tim's letting us know that he thinks Drew deserves to win nothing. Housemate of the Week brought Tim saying "He can't even sting two sentences together." Drew has said some things about Tim, but overall, has had Tim's back more than Tim has had his, but actually, Tim only has Tim's back.

All that was shown of Tim last night, ending with him lying in bed in the gold room, was for voters to feel sorry for him, IMO. I don't. I think everyone's opinion of him is justly deserved. The one thing that disappointed me was his telling that he didn't want to be with the "cool group", that he wanted to be with Jade and Ed and I don't think that's the truth, based on his actions. He's always been fairly honest throughout but I just don't believe this. Tim has played as being the most manipulative, the most strategic, saying things like "I don't like people if I can't find ways to use them", so how can anybody trust him?

Tim's played this game from the start and I think he should win. That and Drew being third next to Tahan's second.

I find this post on Australian Big Brother Talk spot on:

"he is Masterful at this game....in one swoop he ensures that boogsi is evicted next eviction, Ed is evicted on Wedn, gets my lady Jadey to believe he actually cares about her, took tickets off all the remaining HMs as too weak to stand up for him, called out to the splenda sister, mikka, ben fans to vote for him becos he misses them sooooo, cried in the diary room about no one loving him to BB, sat next to Ed and Jade (complained he was a third wheel) and they moved away from him ( why DID specialEd move the lounger closer to where the other HMs sat (to get some film?) got Ed to admit that his cards of "destroying" tim is just gameplay...boxing with Mr. Clooney...I am reminded what Tahan said : every move he makes and every word he utters is to further himself in the Game...Well Done, Tim, Well Done...."

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, October 28, 2013 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I think what got Tim his popularity was his narrative in the Diary Room, he really played with Big Brotha and the Australian audience, that's what he said and that's he should be doing till the end. I was glad to see him back in the Diary Room and 'talking to us'. You notice when the others are there is because Big Brotha asks them to come in and give their thoughts but you feel that they'd rather be elsewhere while with Tim he feels so right at home in that chair.

The producers should remember about Tim that he really made their show from the very beginning, keeping the audience interested with his creativity, antics, game play, interaction with the other housemates and most of all his narrative in the Diary Room. That he shows his frustration at the moment is all part of that narrative, the producers could just ignore his time in the Diary Room but to me is essential to the continuity of his game in the house. He understood this and went for it and I'm glad Big Brotha plays along.

I think he deserves to win just for that extra effort in making this house a bit more interesting from the very beginning. Boog's popularity when she arrived was because she was interacting with Tim and finding the perfect partner to display her funny side until it became too much of an effort on her part.

Drew also became more attractive to the audience when he was playing along with Tim but then with Tully and getting closer to Ed almost cost Drew his popularity but came back more liked when he distanced himself from Ed and got closer to Tim again.

My suggestion to the others is stop bashing Tim for his game and try to play along, then maybe Tim will get the message that he's actually making them look better... just beat Tim at his own game, Boog was doing it until she became too greedy and wanted to be better than him, that's when the audience started to like her a bit less.

But it's really strange how people see two different Tims... I hope I saw the one who's the real Tim.

Mamajenn

07-07-2011

Monday, October 28, 2013 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamajenn a private message Print Post    
All in all, is this show some how providing"healing" for us after suffering through BB15? We may all have our favorites, but it is refreshing... on more then one occasion the show brought tears to my eyes.... ok, I am sappy, especially for Ben, when he hugged Drew goodbye... it tugged at my heart :-)

Stormie

03-01-2007

Monday, October 28, 2013 - 2:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
Boogs wasn't doing anything that Tim hadn't been doing to her, she gave it right back to him. But all of a sudden, Tim twisted what she was doing into something negative towards him. I noticed when Boogs asked him what she did that upset him, he said many things, but nothing specific. And when Boogs called him on what he was saying, he tried to spin everything to himself as the victim again. Then when Boogs left, Tim was laughing. To me Tim is the type of person who likes to get a reaction out of people, then laugh about it.

I think Boogs was right about what she said and Tim was wrong. And I thought Ed chiming in was a really nice thing to do, bc Ed already knows Tim spins things and it looked like Boogs was getting frazzled. Ed did not say he felt like a victim with the flour, he said it could be construed that way bc targeting someone is not them joining in, it's them being the butt of the joke. So Tim in the DR was wrong. And the icing on the cake was Tim teary eyed, not bc he and Boogs had an argument, not bc he missed his family, but bc he missed Ben, the sisters and Makkayla. That just cracked me up.

I loved seeing Ben, he's such a great person. And I'm glad he gave Boogs some words of wisdom about Tim. I thought it was funny that Ben said he was glad it wasn't Tim in there, as Tim constantly went after Ben, trying to upset him. It was sad when Ben left, I hope that he comes back, I still miss him.

I would really like to see the HMs without Tim, see how things go, but production just loves to highlight him. We'll see what happens at the next eviction.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Monday, October 28, 2013 - 3:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I had hoped they would allow the other HM back in for the final week but for days not just minutes. I thought they really couldn't do any damage to the HM as far as letting the HM know about the outside world.

But I was frustrated that Ben said that he had been Tim's "punching bag" & Boog said she was now Tim's "punching bag". I felt Ben did this deliberately to undermine Tim's votes. To me all would have been fair if Tim had at least a chance to interact with Ben also, but he didn't.

BBAU usually has more intensive tasks (or we are just not seeing much of them) throughout the season that lasts for the week & then mini tasks & individual tasks or am I confusing BBAU with BBUK. Even assigning chores & the naughty room provided drama & entertainment.

The HM have chores & responsibilities - usually assigned in previous years by one HM. Which always created drama - the people a HM didn't like got the worst jobs. BBUS & BBUK has proven that without directives from BB - housekeeping is not usually done at all. I'm surprised the HM do as much as they do without being told to do it.

I agree Mamajenn, I was so looking forward to BB this year & although I watched the show, I didn't even bother following the website & feeds too much for BBUS. I was already involved in BBUK but even that I was disappointed with - especially the Sam win. So BBAU has done much to rejuvenate my BB obsession.

I listened to a podcast that included an interview with the executive producer Alex & he said as long as he was involved with the show, he would fight against ever having a vote to evict. He said that voting out someone that stirs people enough to pay to evict them, gets out the big personalities & leaves a house full of people that stir no emotion. After a BBUK season of the winner *literally* sleeping til he won, I can understand. BBUK this year would have been a totally different show. The first week the public chose Dexter & Gina to be up & they ended up being 2 of the favs. Luckily with BBAU having 6 people up, there were usually options.

http://s3-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/s03e20-bigbrother/S03E20.mp3

Cinnabarry

08-26-2008

Monday, October 28, 2013 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnabarry a private message Print Post    
I would agree, Mama. There are so many things I like better in Australia's Big Brother's edition. Big Brothers's participation. Housemates being held accountable and not being allowed to be vulgar. Many activities created for all to participate in keeping HG's occupied. The entire house truly does the nominating.

HOWEVER, I did check back to watch one episode of BBAU Season 6 - and I fainted!

Upon checking, it was Adults Only. So they had two versions back then?

Stormie

03-01-2007

Monday, October 28, 2013 - 4:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
https://twitter.com/BBAU9

http://www.bigbrother.com.au/news/

Ben has some nice pics of his visiting the Children's hospital on his twitter page:

https://twitter.com/BenFromBrisbane

ETA: There are some spoiler pics/articles at the news link above.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, October 28, 2013 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think if Ben had stayed there's achance Drew would have been/stayed nicer too. He seemed to bring out the best in him.

Tim's a funny one. I think the mixed reactions to him are because he doesn't seem to do things with malice, he just sees things entirely from his own point of view and doesn't even consider that what he does might hurt people, he just assumes the only way to see it (and therefore react) is his way and that they shouldn't take offense because it's part of the game... his game.

In a way it's a bit like Amanda on BBUS, she couldn't see why other people wouldn't do what she ordered because she could only see how it furthered her game, not that it was to the detriment of the other person. Tim has that sort of mentality, he's just in a sweeter, funnier package.