TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 25, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : Australia 2013: General Discussion: Archive through October 25, 2013 users admin

Jbw

08-14-2006

Thursday, October 24, 2013 - 2:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
Final nominations: Drew (7 points), Ed (7 points), Jade (5 points) and Tim (5 points) are all up for eviction this week. In all likelihood that should mean Jade will be gone after the public vote.

Boogs & Tahan are safe and will make it to the finale.

Missy2

07-31-2001

Thursday, October 24, 2013 - 7:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missy2 a private message Print Post    
Who do you think will go? I am guessing either Jade, Ed, or Drew..

Did you all see how high the bids are at on Tim's drawing! Wow.

Lake_gal

06-09-2004

Thursday, October 24, 2013 - 8:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lake_gal a private message Print Post    
I hope this is the time Ed gets evicted. He has been second from the bottom several times. And he is now nommed against more popular housemates.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, October 24, 2013 - 9:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I'm surprised Tahan is safe, and Boog, good thinking Jade, but the others just seem too keen on getting rid of their own competitors.
Like Tim targeting Tahan, what the heck?? And Tahan targeting Drew, what the heck???
Boog could be their only way to stay further, instead Boog is safe! Oh well. Too bad for them for not thinking as Jade did (for once she did reason as I did).

I wanted Ed and Jade to exit as a couple in the double eviction. Maybe next time, I think Ed's twin brother will pay a lot to save him.

It could be Drew going if teenagers don't vote so much to save him.

If you hear some of the phone lines stopped working, you know Big Brotha decides who goes.

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Thursday, October 24, 2013 - 9:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
What was Jade thinking??!!

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Thursday, October 24, 2013 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
P.S. can't stand how Tully said what doing or something like that...whatcha doin or what are you doing would have been less annoying.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Thursday, October 24, 2013 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Tim's pic was only at $2000ish when I posted the ebay link. Apparently people had bid $50,000 - $26,000 & $20,000 but those bids were retracted. Maybe because they hadn't been on ebay long enough to bid that much or something. ALL of the items were pulled & then put back up for bid. Now Tim's pic is bidding for >$23,000 with 3 different people bidding >$20,000. It should be interesting. The proceeds go to the Red Cross.

This is interesting, the second highest bid item is for Jade's (ugly) pic. It's only up to $1025 but that's 4x higher than Ed's pic (so far).

Unless his brother makes sure he doesn't go, I would think Ed would be the one the public wouldn't save. Sure wish it was a vote to evict instead of to save. It should be interesting.

I was *so* hoping Jade's cousin would vote for Ed for stringing Jade along but *no*.

I am glad Boog wasn't up. I am shocked that she's not but I guess Jade was the only nervous one up there & I'm sure she thinks she'll go, but we'll see.

Jbw

08-14-2006

Thursday, October 24, 2013 - 12:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
It's hilarious that Jade's reluctance to nominate Tim this week (due to her fear of going home if she's up against him) might just be her undoing. If she had directed her three nomination points towards Tim instead of Booogsie, Jade would have been safe along with Tahan & Boogs.

What's the saying "Go Big or Go Home"? Jade's failure to "go big" just might send her "home".

Missy2

07-31-2001

Thursday, October 24, 2013 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missy2 a private message Print Post    
Good point JBW. So true. Jade really comes off so bland and insecure. Its sad since she's so beautiful. I guess it could go the other way to arrogance and egotistical.

I wonder who will go this week. Tahan seems like she will win this...

Jbw

08-14-2006

Thursday, October 24, 2013 - 12:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
Tahan definitely has the advantage going into the final. Her fans don't need to spend their money voting to save her this week and can instead save up to 'double-down' on next week's voting for the winner.

Missy2

07-31-2001

Thursday, October 24, 2013 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missy2 a private message Print Post    
I thought it was icky that Tully said btw I am single. She's is... eehh

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, October 24, 2013 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
But Jade was sure Boog would get more votes, that she was the only one nominating Boog it's a surprise to me as well.

It should be easy for them to figure out where they got their nomination points if the family/friend only used 2 points, Jade and Tim know that to make five it must have been two housemates nominating them. Jade would never believe it was Boog and not Tahan who nominated her. Tim got his 3 points from...who the heck was that?? If Ed's brother gave his 2 to Tim, it must have been Drew nominating Tim for 3? did he?

In the meantime Tim wasted his 3 points on Tahan... he's losing his grip on the game. Why oh why does he think that he could beat Tahan? Unless he wanted Tahan there to make sure Ed or Jade or Drew go? Who knows...

So if next time everyone is up maybe Boog will go then.

Cinnabarry

08-26-2008

Thursday, October 24, 2013 - 2:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnabarry a private message Print Post    
The voting was -

Tahan: (3) Drew (2) Jade
Tim: (3) Tahan (2) Ed
Drew: (3) Ed (2) Tim
Boog: (3) Jade (2) Ed
Jade: (3) Boog (2) Drew
Ed: (3) Tim (2) Drew

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, October 24, 2013 - 2:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I thought F&F noms was a huge success! Sometimes it's obvious the F&F haven't really watched the show and they make bad choices, but every one of them did well I thought.

Some really interesting stuff too. I really liked what Tahan said about Drew's recent behaviour was like him giving up, and she didn't know if that should be rewarded. And Jade's cousin nominating Drew would have made things a lot easier for Jade. I noticed Ed's twin told Ed to nominate Tim, which was sneaky, although almost certainly Ed would have done that anyway. I get the impression both of them think they are above rules.

I think Jade's reasoning was sound - it was likely people would have nominated Boog and her points should have made her up and Jade more likely to be safe. I guess the F&F plus being on the minority of the house divide with Ed focusing on Drew and Tim meant otherwise though.

I think Drew will go. His recent bad behaviour must have turned his fans off him (it has me) and he didn't get too high a percentage on the last vote he was in, and that was before the bad stuff. Being stunningly gorgeous will only get you so far.

For whatever reason Ed seems to get a lot of votes, and I'm hoping some of his "fans" will give Jade votes too. I think Tim will be safe even though his popularity has faded somewhat.

I bet it will be a close race and the "highest number of votes this season." (I'm convinced that's because no one was voting early on, and we're still no more than 300k votes cast.)

Tahan's definitely going to win. I just hope Boog is near the bottom on finale day.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, October 24, 2013 - 4:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
What does it mean that Boog and Tahan made the finale day? Isn't there another eviction before the finale to leave just the final 3?

They got a lot of outside info through their family/friends in the chamber, if they're smart they can figure out that their nominations are also based on their standing outside the house, that no parent or friend nominated Tahan should have been a good indicator, but to tell Ed to nominate Tim was pushing it a bit... but it's what Big Brotha wants.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, October 24, 2013 - 5:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
This was the last nomination session, Spunky. Although I might have been wrong in assuming they got the finale, I should have said they got to the final week. Anyone know if there are mid-week evictions in the final week?

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Thursday, October 24, 2013 - 6:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Last year at least, they had 5 HM in the last week & 3HM in the final. 2HM left a couple of days earlier.

My eviction speculation:

The finale is apparently November 6th, & this has been the last nominations. I'd guess:

Wed 30th – 6th place HM eviction
Mon4th or Tue5th – 5th & 4th place HM eviction
Wed 6th – Finale with final three

Curlyq

07-10-2002

Thursday, October 24, 2013 - 10:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Curlyq a private message Print Post    
Great episode! So much outside information. Now Jade knows Drew has been talking about her, although goodness knows she has complained about him as well. Tim knows that people outside the house also find Ed boring, unless he really thinks his father was just parroting him. Ed knows Drew and Tim say he's a bore (hilarious when the audience laughed at his claim that it's the other way around). Actually, three people had it confirmed to them that Ed's boring people. Boog's mother said the same thing, right? Not exactly earth-shattering information. But it may cause them to be less intimidated about going up against him. Oh, and now Ed also knows that his relationship with Jade is being seen as a ploy to stay in the house. I think Tahan was the only one who didn't get outside info. She already knew about Jade's comment.

I'm guessing Jade wanted to nominate Tahan again, but thought better of it because she feared competing with her.

It all worked out for the best, since everyone seemed pleased with how their loved ones nominated. Just wish the episode was a little longer to catch the aftermath. And I wish they'd stop milking the Jade/Ed and Tully/Drew makeout scenes. It's not pleasant.

Now that it's nearly over, I don't think I care who wins. I really just never wanted the house to be left full of dull people, like on BB US. As long as someone's left in there to keep things interesting it doesn't matter who gets the prize.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Friday, October 25, 2013 - 12:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I'm guessing Jade wanted to nominate Tahan again, but thought better of it because she feared competing with her.

That's what I thought as well, Curlyq, especially since she's nommed her every week. Last week she said essentially the same thing, but went ahead and nommed Tehan. I never understood why she did that week after week when she always said she would go home over this person.

She's just too scared for this game.

Merrysea, yesterday I said I didn't think Tehan got so many votes because of her boyfriend, but maybe I was wrong. Maybe he is using his status of being known to get people to vote for her. I do, however, still think part of her high percentage of votes to save is because the AU people like her. The reason I think this is because what would explain Jade getting about 50% of the vote last week against Boog & Madeline? Does she have well-known people pushing for her as well or money involved?

I'm still not getting what Ed's brother is supposedly doing re votes or any of the housemates friends of relatives for that matter.

I loved that Tim shot himself in the foot tonight by voting for Tehan. Hah, hah..if he had voted for Jade, he wouldn't be on the block. I wonder if the audience will like him less for doing that. I also really loved it when Tehan's mother repeated what Jade said so Tehan knows the real story now, no matter how much Jade tried to skirt around it. As well, I hope it lowers her popularity in the eyes of the voting public.

I wanted a Jade, Drew and Ed nom and almost got it..just with Tim added. I don't mind Boog not being nommed this week as long as she goes out pretty quickly in the final voting.

The family and friends are on to Drew. He has been riding the popular housemates and the way he talked about Madeline behind her back was so rude and mean-spirited. I've read articles that he dumped his girlfriend to go on the show and he didn't tell the truth about them being broken up before he even heard about Big Brother. He could only WISH to get a gal like Maddie outside the house. She's 10 times the gal moody Tully is, but the Drew that is showing his true self deserves someone like Tully, so may they get together and fight all the time.

For that reason, I'm thrilled he is up for noms. The only thing better would be if he goes home.

I also enjoyed today's show very much and the way they had the family and friends vote. BB AU is full of surprises and that helps keep the show interesting and watchable.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Friday, October 25, 2013 - 2:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
What Jade said in reference to Tahan wasn't nice, but she never said she wanted her to fall in a hole and die, that's what Drew said and that's the story that seems to keep going around. Jade actually said if Tahan fell in a hold and died she would't care, then said no, she wouldn't want her to die and she would care, etc. Not nice, but not the same story Drew spread.

I really hope Tim or Drew go, preferably Tim. Tim still is harping on about Ed and Jade and it's just gotten old; everyone is really, but they are adults, who cares if they hang out, it's not a big deal. If Tim breaks house rules, it's not just him who gets punished, many times over everyone does, but he doesn't seem to care, he just wants to do whatever he wants and point fingers to others. But, we'll see what happens--I would love it if Ben was brought back, that would be fun.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, October 25, 2013 - 6:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
This is the time you will see if Ed's brother is really paying up a lot to save Ed. According to various polls down under Ed is on the lowest margin for hm preference and this is a good indicator how the people will vote. If Ed manages to stay you know who saved him.

Drew could also go because his popularity went down. Jade is actually above Drew but Tim has the highest.

How funny that they don't know how to spread their nominations to avoid a tie. Jbw said so well... if only Jade had given her 3 points to Tim she would be safe.. and by the same token if Tim had given his 3 points to Jade he would be safe (as Cricket also said). The fun with this type of nominations is that you don't know how those results could change till the last nomination and see if they would nominate the way I would, but nope... I really wanted Boog in there to have all the originals in the final week. I'm sure she would have been evicted.

So as Will explained looks like there is another eviction before the final 3 are left in the house but no nominations. But this means that the eviction must be double, oh my, and if I want Ed and Jade to exit as a couple (it could make for a very cute episode), it means that Boog will be left with Tahan and Tim, if Drew is evicted on Wednesday. But then again Drew said... we may have a Ben's eviction... meaning Tim could go! Who knows...

Jabelljba

07-07-2005

Friday, October 25, 2013 - 7:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jabelljba a private message Print Post    
Tim and his Dad at nominations. So funny. Worth watching.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Friday, October 25, 2013 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Lol, Jabelljba, it was so funny at how freaked out Tim was with his Dad trying to be cool. His Dad seems like a nice guy.

While I am tired of the constant kissing and Jade being so insecure in her relationship with Ed, I also feel Drew is a hypocrite in his constant criticism of them. Does he forget how much he and Tully were glued to each other? She literally hung on him.

Also, their constant fights were causing tension in the house. Many of the housemates commented on it, so Drew shouldn't be throwing stones from his glass house. I still feel a lot of his criticism of the Jade/Ed relationship is that he just can't get over the fact she didn't choose him.

I feel kind of bad for Ed because he tries to separate himself from Jade and join in with the others, but everywhere he goes, there she is. She has absolutely no other interest in anyone but Ed. It's not fair to his game and she doesn't deserve to stay in the house any longer because she's not playing a good game. This isn't The Bachelor.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Friday, October 25, 2013 - 11:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Spunky, what they have done in the past is to open voting for the winner & the 2 with the least votes (at that point) are evicted a couple of days before the finale.

I think it will be Ed or Jade to go next & I have no doubt Ed's brother will keep him in. I've elaborated more in the spoiler thread about my theory on the brother's betting/voting scheme.

I don't think that Jade is inspiring folks to vote for her. She may have got half the votes against the 2 intruders but I bet that eviction probably had a record low number of voters.

Cricket, Drew told Tully that the girl he broke up with to go in the BB house was the love of his life & that he would go back to her (if she will have him) after the show - that's when Tully stormed off & said well you've made my decision so much easier. The gf left Australia to travel for a few months & Drew broke up with her rather than do a long distance relationship. I don't believe they are allowed to tell people that they are going in the BB house & maybe he thought it was best for them to separate if they were going to be apart for 3 months, maybe he thought it wasn't fair to ask her to wait or maybe he felt that going in the BB house was contingent on him being single. It should be interesting to see what happens after the show. I think Tully will lose her appeal when he has other options (with or without the exgf)

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, October 25, 2013 - 5:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I think Drew is going because Big Brotha is playing the "Jade/ED" couple with relish! I just saw the latest short episode and we have Drew so pissed at the couple making out right under his nose (his words) when they should have ample room to kiss and more. Well, he was cooking and they smooching in front of him, to pick just that moment to do that it seemed to me a bit of a provocation and Drew was telling the others how annoyed he was. The Australian audience may feel for Jade when Big Brotha questions her feelings for Ed in the Diary Room, as if that is not clear to us, while it's really not clear to us what Ed is doing, other than say it's none of their business. But this is BB and not the Bachelor, as someone else pointed out. What do the Australians like, Big Brotha or the Bachelor?
The complaining by Drew and the others may be viewed as jealousy and sometimes the public want the love and romance and not the jealousy, this is why I think Jade and Ed stay but Drew may be going.