TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 04, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : Australia 2013: General Discussion: Archive through November 04, 2013 users admin

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Friday, November 01, 2013 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
Even if they didn't make money off the voting, or even if they still had the houseguests voting to evict, there are so many things other BBs do to make it more entertaining! Even if they'd go back to the times before Alison took over and made each episode so formulaic, it would be better.

Definitely BBUS needs more punishments and more Big Brother involvement.

Jbw

08-14-2006

Friday, November 01, 2013 - 2:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
The simple (and probably best) fix for BBUS is to replace Allison Grodner & her team and bring in someone else with different ideas. Grodner & her team just recycle the same thing over and over. Sort of like a lazy college professor who recycles his old lectures and exams from year to year. Grodner & Co. seems to be "mailing it in" more and more as each season passes.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Friday, November 01, 2013 - 3:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I agree about BBUS becoming formulaic & the players take advantage of it. The show never evolved to take advantage of what worked & eliminate what didn't - they seem to have the attitude, if it's not broke don't fix it, but still throw in silly "twists" that are usually busts.

They need to bring in the Survivor team. They seem to continually adjust & change & improve so it's not quite as easy for a contestant to map out a plan - shaking up alliances, immunity idols, redemption island, etc.

The only beneficial change I can remember in BBUS is changing veto so Nokomis' "5 finger plan" couldn't be used for backdooring someone as easily. I hate the seasons when a strong alliance predictably eliminates the others.

I think the majority of tasks/challenges should have impact on the HM besides just determining a winner. I like the Survivor tasks that show others where they stand in the pecking order. Challenges like - this person is (some obnoxious trait) choose who you you think the majority would answer. I think there should be some effort made to thwart those "throwing" challenges. Money is always a great incentive. I think the loser of challenges should automatically go on the block as well as the HOH noms.

I loved BBUK competing for rooms - they split up all the best friends into competing groups, which forced people to work with rivals for a week & tested friendships. Most any task can be dealt with in a day but after 4 days it almost feels like it will never end & this really shows people's true characters.

I like how BBUk & BBAU switches from kind to evil & back, keeping HM offguard but not to the point of torture.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, November 01, 2013 - 5:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I thought the Australians were paying for their voting and this is why the producers are making a lot of money... Did I get this wrong?? Then how are they making money, on bets?

What on earth is going on, no one is making any money with all this public voting? I thought Tahan's boyfriend and Ed's family were pouring in a lot of money...

Maybe I did get it all wrong.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Friday, November 01, 2013 - 5:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
Spunky, yes, the Australians are paying for their voting. It's just the US that apparently doesn't pay to vote (which I didn't realize; I always vote on CBS.com instead of by text).

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Friday, November 01, 2013 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Spunky, the bookies are making money on bets - the producers of Big Brother have nothing to do with the betting *just* the voting which they charge the Australian public .55AUD each. I figure they probably had over 400,000 votes last week, that would be $220,000AUD & they charge up to $75AUD for public seating at the "live" shows.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, November 01, 2013 - 9:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Thank you guys, before I shut down the computer I wanted to express my appreciation for all the explanations, sometimes I feel so out of the loop... imagine, I believed that in the US they charged .99 for each vote by phone, so I thought they were used paying for voting the 'favorite player' for example.

But I think the Americans wouldn't mind paying if they can have as much fun as the Aussie people.

I won't even go there, the odds, can't understand them at all. They go up and down, who knows what really is going on till Monday, and would they stop voting after Monday?

One moment Tahan is gaining, the next she is losing and Tim 'improves', thend Drew is losing and Jade is picking up. The only one who everyone believes is going on Monday is Boog. Well, what a relief, she was fun in the beginning, thanks to Tim's help, but now don't like her very much, those pranks are getting too ridiculous. Thank goodness they may not show everything that went on on the Monday tv show since the double eviction should take most of that time. Otherwise I think even Tim may lose a few votes.

I'm sorry to see Drew go since I really wanted him along with Tim and Tahan till Wednesday. We will have Tim and the two gorgeous gals beside him and he'll say "Beato fra le donne" Jade will understand!

Cinnabarry

08-26-2008

Saturday, November 02, 2013 - 12:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnabarry a private message Print Post    
Two months ago, Nick posted a photo of Annie, Nikki and him in onsie pj's and
"We're a onesie kind of house @phatannie @nikkihinge #infants #sweetgetup".
http://instagram.com/p/dUF8GNOTep/

So Annie, Nikki, Ed and Nick live together?

Ed's pitching for votes for Jade. Maybe her dad won't be too hard on him after all.
http://instagram.com/p/gMj0LFmvH8/

Cricket

08-05-2002

Saturday, November 02, 2013 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Just watched yesterdays episode and was thinking how sneaky Tim was in saying Tehan was the best chef when he clearly thought he was. However, he didn't want the work attached to it. Therefore, he should have shut up and not complained about how she cooked.

I'm am so very over Drew and his gripes about Ed/Jade. He is sooo jealous. He nominated Jade before the time to her face, so him and Tim going on and on about how awful Ed is annoys the heck out of me.

So all of a sudden Drew likes Jade again? Give me a break...he's had the worst crush on her the whole game and now to blame Ed for a reason as to why he didn't like her is ridiculous. I would love it if both he and Tim got booted Monday, but I know that won't happen.

Drew complains about Ed's fakeness, but I don't think people know the real Drew either. I would respect him more if he would just say he had a crush on Jade and was upset when she turned him down.

Tahan for the win.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, November 02, 2013 - 7:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I strongly suspect Drew has had a very good edit all season. The "tricks" we saw showed some comments from early on that they hadn't aired, and I still remember Nathan saying that Drew was one of the reasons he was unhappy in the house. I don't think he could suddenly change from the sweetie we saw early on to the backstabbing, telltale, miserable Drew we saw the last couple of weeks... I think the Jade coupling then the Tully coupling made BB want to paint him with as kind a brush as possible.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, November 03, 2013 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
No one commented on my suggestion that the housemates with friends and family in areas where the voting had closed before the show aired had a disadvantage with voting... probably because I buried it in a barrage of text.

Does anyone think that could be true? If you see a close tie at the bottom of the score board at the start of the show you might vote more during the show, but if the voting is closed in your area you can't do that. That would favour housemates with F&F on the East Coast.

Lake_gal

06-09-2004

Sunday, November 03, 2013 - 12:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lake_gal a private message Print Post    
It won't be long now and it will all be over. I have really enjoyed this season. I would like to see Boog and Jade leave tomorrow. But I expect it will be Boog and Drew. Then Tahan and Tim will most likely be fighting it out for the win. But we could always be surprised with a Jade win. She is getting a big sympathy edit now.

Tim and Drew keep talking about how they have the old Jade back now that Ed is gone. I think that is what a lot of them also thought about Drew when Tully finally left. A BB showmance seems to always isolate the HMs. I do wonder how things would have played out if both Tully and Ed had left much earlier in the season. We will never know.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Sunday, November 03, 2013 - 4:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Absolutely Kitt, it's not quite fair *but* people can do as many did & go to the discussion forum & (hopefully) find out as it's happening. Not everyone has internet access though.

Luckily there were people that shared what was happening at the moment & that's where I got the voting % at the beginning of the show that I posted in the spoiler thread. There were people in the adjoining state complaining about the hour delay but were following along on the episode thread.

It's going to be over soon, sigh. I'm watching BBAU 2003 but it's draggy right now. I skipped over the chat shows finally but am having a hard time understanding some of them & have to really tune in to keep up. People say it's one of the better seasons, so I'm trying to stay tuned. It's the one with the square house & the round house.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Sunday, November 03, 2013 - 6:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
No one commented on my suggestion that the housemates with friends and family in areas where the voting had closed before the show aired had a disadvantage with voting... probably because I buried it in a barrage of text.

Kitt and others, why wouldn't the voting be closed all at the same time, no matter what region/state you're in? That doesn't seem fair at all. Surely the producers could cease voting when the earliest voting stops...no?

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Sunday, November 03, 2013 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
For various shows here in the U.S., it's frustrating when they have live voting, because only the East Coast gets to vote. (I was thinking of this because Hawaii Five-0 is advertising an episode that is driven by audience vote - by the time I see it on the West Coast, it will have already been decided.)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, November 03, 2013 - 9:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Cricket I tried to explain in a post back in the archives at Wednesday, October 30, 2013 - 11:42 am. Dreamworld is on the East Coast, so it's in the earliest Aus time zone. The voting has to close before the eviction (during the actual live show) at 8pmish East Coast time, so that's 6pmish in some areas. So when the other states get to see it in their time zone (their 7-8pm) they're seeing a recording of the show and because the eviction has already happened, voting is over. I think each state gets the same time period to vote, it's just the show isn't "live" relative to that.

Willwillbe, yes, I guess the big fans, those who would vote in high numbers, are going to be the ones who will check online and vote anyway if they think their housemate needs it.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Sunday, November 03, 2013 - 11:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
They should post the voting stats on their website *as it happens* during the show so the other states can at least get a clue.

I guess this is how I got my times screwed up because the northern part of the country does NOT do daylight savings.

Dreamworld/Gold Coast is on the border of 2 states & I picked the wrong one. New South Wales is just across the street but in daylight saving time, so at 7pm when the show airs in Queensland, it's only 6pm in NSW.

Queensland, Northern Territory and Western Australia
do not participate in Daylight Saving.

ACT • Victoria • Tasmania • New South Wales • South Australia

Begins 2 am EST

Ends 2 am EST
Sunday 7 Oct 2012 7 April 2013
Sunday 6 Oct 2013 6 April 2014
Sunday 5 Oct 2014 5 April 2015

Begins = set your clocks forward 1 hour. Ends = set your clocks back 1 hour.

http://alldownunder.com/oz-k/date/australian-daylight-savings.htm

Jbw

08-14-2006

Monday, November 04, 2013 - 3:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
Boog was the 1st evictee on Monday's show followed by Drew. Tully & Ed were both at the show and were interviewed by Mike during the family introductions of the 1st row.

Drew going out should help Tim as he's now the only male in the finale.

Jbw

08-14-2006

Monday, November 04, 2013 - 3:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
Tomorrow's show is 60 minutes and the finale on Wednesday is 2 hours. According to the Channel Nine website, both shows are scheduled to start at 7:30PM Aussie time which is 3:30am (Eastern), 2:30am (Central) and 12:30am (Pacific) in the US.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, November 04, 2013 - 8:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
So that was the scene I was referring to on my last post: Beato fra le donne! Okay, if you must know :Blessed among women! Tim and his two gorgeous women beside him.

But darn it! I wanted to know that percentage. Again I don't know who really had the highest. Was it Tim, Tahan or Jade now that Ed joined forces with her father.

Now the voting for the winner will go on until the Finale and those odds that I don't understand but they are really misleading because one source always says the opposite of what the other source reports.

But who could doubt that it will be Tim? I mean, even during Boog and Drew highlights of their game Tim was center stage. Boog's coverage was much longer than Drew's coverage and yet she was there half the time, I guess she really provided a lot of funny footage and I must say that she was indeed funny and for an intruder she almost deserved to win compared to others.

Tim has lost a bit of his appeal to me these last few days, by getting closer to Jade he's picking up some of her 'surliness', if this is even a word, but he's saying she was becoming like Ed, I think whoever is with Jade becomes like Jade.

Now I can see Tahan as the third wheel with Tim and Jade following each other. I feel like I want Tahan to win more than Tim now. How funny is that.

I was afraid of Tahan winning because she would be getting a lot of criticism as to why she won and maybe she doesn't deserve that kind of criticism but the Aussie BB really allows this kind of victory if those who have the money to pay can make the winner. So If Tim wins obviously the majority of Australia beat those with the big pocket (like Ed/Jade's father and Tahan's boyfriend).

Still, I rather see Jade go on third and Tahan as second if not first.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Monday, November 04, 2013 - 9:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
So when the other states get to see it in their time zone (their 7-8pm) they're seeing a recording of the show and because the eviction has already happened, voting is over. I think each state gets the same time period to vote, it's just the show isn't "live" relative to that

Thanks, Kitt. It would seem then, that each state had the same amount of hours open for the people to vote, right? Therefore, it should be equal voting.

Wow..on today's show it rang like a bell what manipulative Tim was up to. Made a HUGE deal over Tahan and Drew not sticking up for him. This is how Tim gets rid of his competition. He starts something; goes overboard and then turns it on other people. Not a good quality at all. Tim wanted Drew out and and voila...Drew is out.

I so wish Boog had been in the house from the beginning. Tim might not have been able to run through all the people in the house like he has. Boog makes it patently obvious that Tim is an immature child in that he loves dishing it out but can't take anything when it happens to him.

Big Brother seems to protect him a lot. Why didn't they replace all of Boog's stuff that Tim smeared with garlic? They should have punished him for that. That was nasty.....imagine her having to leave with a garlic smelling face....ughh!

I'm so hoping it's Tehan at the top. Drew was way off in his assumptions (I hope.) The second and third peeps were so close.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Monday, November 04, 2013 - 9:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Merrysea stated:
For various shows here in the U.S., it's frustrating when they have live voting, because only the East Coast gets to vote. (I was thinking of this because Hawaii Five-0 is advertising an episode that is driven by audience vote - by the time I see it on the West Coast, it will have already been decided.)

Okay...now I'm confused again..(doesn't take much, lol.) For the record, I'm in CT and we see everything the same time as the East Coast because our viewing night starts @ 7:00 PM instead of 8:00 PM, so CT will be voting re the Hawaii 5-0 as well.

It isn't fair if it's already decided and you have no say in it.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Monday, November 04, 2013 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
Cricket, I'm in California, and our night starts at 8pm. So it's 5pm our time when the shows initially air elsewhere, and voting is always over before we see the shows.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, November 04, 2013 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It's annoying isn't it, Merrysea! We always used to have live things like the Oscars on a three hour delay too, which was ridiculous when it actually happened on the West Coast... they seem to have changed that though and the last couple of years we've seen it live at 5pm.

Tonight was so typical of Tim, and I think he chose a bad time to finally make himself so obvious just about everybody (even most of those people whose tweets they show on the screen) saw what was going on. He was so far in his own brain he didn't even make sense (blaming Tahan and Drew). He's making it really hard for me to root for him.

I'm happy Boog went, ignoring the fact I don't particularly like her humour and crudeness, I don't like such a late intruder going so far. I think Drew shot himself in the foot after Tully left and he got so negative and mean, plus I think he must have had a good edit, so I was glad he went.

I'm very happy with the final three. I think Jade has always been the heart of the house. I think Tim has always been the entertainment in the house. And I think Tahan has grown the most in the house. I suspect the top vote was for Tahan, but I was surprised she wasn't even more ahead of the others. The 29.6/26.5/26.0 split only equates to 36.0/32.3/31.7 which isn't much of a lead at all. I don't know if Drew and Boog's votes would necessarily go to anyone, but if they did it would be Tim.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, November 04, 2013 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Bannermod was incredibly speedy today!! Thanks Bannermod!