TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 09, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : Australia 2013: General Discussion: Archive through November 09, 2013 users admin

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, November 07, 2013 - 11:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think walker Nathan was shown as the hero, whereas Justynn was shown as the crazy wildcard. There was talk at the time about some more or less forced eviction, and if he wasn't even invited it kind of gives more credence to that, even if they all denied it at the time.

When they were trying to get Tim to leave the house he wanted to go to different rooms (bathroom, bedroom) and then I noticed they cut and showed his best bits (usually they show it with the person there). I wondered how much (of his missing interview) was bad timing in the production and how much was Tim doing his own thing and not realising live means LIVE!

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Thursday, November 07, 2013 - 11:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
Spunky, if you're talking about that "why didn't you like me" part at the end, it's at the end of Tahan's video, too. That was obviously scripted.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, November 07, 2013 - 11:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
For people who like numbers:

Monday night double eviction had 992,000 viewers (last year 1,100,000)
Tuesday night had 884,000 viewers (last year 1,000,000)
Finale Wednesday went from 1,130,000 viewers at the start of the show to 1,470,000 viewers for the very end (last year 1,300,000 to 1,580,000 viewers)

I haven't found any voting numbers but last year's finale had just less than 400,000 votes.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, November 07, 2013 - 12:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Merry, yes I saw that but what a very bad taste edit...

Whoever dressed the girls for the finale must have been mad at them, geez.. They had Jade all covered up and hiding her best feature (her boobs... yeah, the Aussies still believe they're real), it was a beautiful dress but show some skin, man!! And Tahan's dress, while beautiful colour and showing her stunning back, was too open in the front showing how flat she is (did Jade say she must be a man??, I guess she was referring to her underdeveloped breast), and hiding her gorgeous legs with the flowing dress, elegant, yes, but wasn't showing her best features...

I think Tim was great, they found the perfect top for him to go with his lucky vest, he looked like a rock star going down the stage.

Can you imagine Mr. Clooney coming down those steps and running down towards Sonia... I would have loved to see that.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Thursday, November 07, 2013 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
Yeah, Mr. Clooney would have been great (or at least very entertaining) on stage!

Cinnabarry

08-26-2008

Thursday, November 07, 2013 - 4:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnabarry a private message Print Post    
Tim and Jade & Tahan interviewed on the Kyle & Jackie O show.
http://www.2dayfm.com.au/scoopla/blog/2013/11/big-brothers-tim-you-play-to-win-/

Ed's radio interview
http://www.seafmhobart.com.au/shows/...s-with-bbs-ed/

Drew's radio interview
http://www.seafmhobart.com.au/shows/nick-and-woody/blog/nick-woody-chat-to-bb-evictee-drew/

Tahan's little sister, Monesha, in the 2008 Miss Hawaiian Tropic Australia Final.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6C4ta...ature=youtu.be

Jade
www.twitter.com/jadealbany
www.instagram.com/jadealbany

Tim
www.twitter.com/timdormer
www.instagram.com/timdormer

Drew
https://twitter.com/DrewBB13
http://instagram.com/drewbb13

Cinnabarry

08-26-2008

Thursday, November 07, 2013 - 5:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnabarry a private message Print Post    
Day 102, Live Feed Thread, Post # 19
http://forum.behindbigbrother.com/showthread.php?50810-Day-102-Live-Feed-Thread-2013

Tahan, Jade and Tim answer all your questions in this exclusive post-Eviction interview.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, November 07, 2013 - 5:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Thank you for all the links. It's unbelievable how much stuff there is out there.

I also cannot believe how any one like Tim, Drew or Jade have time to use their twitter account for every move they make, I would have better things to do!!! Or else the world is really going nuts... Let's hope it's not them but their agent or someone with a lot of time on their hands... or fingers!

One thing I found absolutely awful was Twitter... I abhor texting but twitting would be too pathetic... I'll Skype anytime however.

Didn't last very long the Drully case if Drew prefers the company of Tim...

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Thursday, November 07, 2013 - 7:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Spunky, Tweeting is the best way to connect with fans & lots of fans show that people are interested in you. If your goal is the entertainment field, it's important to have fans. Some people "buy" followers - 1000 for $6.95 or 25,000 for $74.95

http://www.solarank.com/

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/23/fashion/twitter-followers-for-sale.html?_r=0

If accurate, the number of fake followers out there is surprising. According to the StatusPeople tool, 71 percent of Lady Gaga’s nearly 29 million followers are “fake” or “inactive.”

Curlyq

07-10-2002

Thursday, November 07, 2013 - 8:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Curlyq a private message Print Post    
It was very nice to hear that Tim is taking Ben to Graceland. He always said he didn't care about the money, but just wanted to win. Hope he follows through on these plans.

Even though he might have cost himself some time with Sonia, I suspect they wouldn't have had time to interview Tim and show him his clips even if he had come out a little sooner. So in a way I think the walk through the house and yard made for a better ending. For those of us who got so hooked on this show it was like we were all having one last look at the house. I do wish he would've jumped in the pool, even if it meant greeting Sonia with wet hair.

I enjoyed the interviews they taped afterward in the house. I think they chose the rooms according to what they're most associated with. Tahan was always cooking so they put her in the kitchen. Most of Jade's scenes were in bed with Ed, so they put her in the prettier bedroom. Tim was in the yard with the star lanterns which seemed most appropriate for the winner.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Thursday, November 07, 2013 - 9:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I am currently watching BBAU 2003 which has been recommended as the best year - it's got a slow start but I'm determined to stick with it this time.

I realized my BBUK obsession made me miss a couple of years of BBUS. I missed Dan's year & after seeing him on AllStars, I need to go back & watch it sometime, hopefully it's still available.

I currently have no life except for BB (can you tell).

UK CBB starts early January for 3 weeks.
BB Canada starts late February - early May.
BBUK starts in June - Aug & CBB follows for 3 weeks thereafter in Sept.
BBUS starts July - Sept.
BBAU starts in Aug - Nov.

Curlyq

07-10-2002

Thursday, November 07, 2013 - 9:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Curlyq a private message Print Post    
Willwillbee, I was thinking of doing the exact same thing. I had heard that 2003 was one of the best seasons.

Cinnabarry

08-26-2008

Thursday, November 07, 2013 - 10:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnabarry a private message Print Post    
If Tim was taking Drew to Graceland, I'd be there! I'm three hours from Memphis.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Thursday, November 07, 2013 - 11:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I went to check out the 2003 discussion thread, there is 28 posts & 9 of them are trying to get a 2004 thread opened.

BBAU 2003 thread is still open if anyone wants to join in watching/discussing it.

I'm up to Day 18 - it's really confusing with 2 houses & swapping & the nom process is tricky, the HM don't even realize they are nomming

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Thursday, November 07, 2013 - 11:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Cinnabarry, tweet Tim & invite them to lunch, I'd bet Tim would go!! He's taking Ben to Graceland, not Drew though. They would be so fun!!

He's taking Drew to the Amazon & Ben if he wants to go.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, November 08, 2013 - 7:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
2003 seems so long ago!! I am for the 'most recent' since I am a news junkie but I never liked that twi... oops tweeting (I didn't even know how to spell it). I like blogs when they're well written and posted maybe once a month (another contradiction to my being a news junkie). I guess I forgot that there are a lot of fans who want to know their every move... me, I'll be happy to check once in a while, better yet if I come in here and see updates. I hate doing the searches... so thank you for all the links.

Curly, I too figured the interviews were set in the rooms they were most associated with (you put it so well). I wonder now if the fact that Tahan loved to cook and Mikkayla was such 'territorial' cook in the house caused the friction between the two.

I will take a peek at that 2003 cast.. what really got me hooked on this Aussie bb was the cast and the house and Sonia and live shows, if I didn't see Tim in there or Tahan, I am not sure I would have kept watching. To me it's the people, either I like them right away or I won't waste my time with them.

I also recalled the 2005 BB when I was down under and one of the twin was on that challenge where they were going higher and higher and the one who got to the highest point won the challenge. It looked scary to me but they were obviously secured with ropes. Or maybe I'm dreaming? Anyway, one of the twin won that year.

Thanks Will for all your info during BB and any new postings will be appreciated. Ciao!

Needlenose

09-16-2005

Friday, November 08, 2013 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needlenose a private message Print Post    
Thank you Will . . . I am still celebrating Tim's WIN! What a cast! For me, a BB junkie, it was the best BB ever!!!

Jbw

08-14-2006

Friday, November 08, 2013 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
Do the HMs have contracts that bind them to appearing only on Channel Nine shows like BBUS contestants must only appear on CBS for a two year period?

If so, Channel Nine would be smart to send a camera crew with Tim on his trips to Graceland and South America with Ben & Drew. They could get a good 90-minute to 2-hour special out of both of those trips. I'd watch it, how about yo?

Jbw

08-14-2006

Friday, November 08, 2013 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
Willwillbee -

can you please post a link to the 2003 BBAU episodes?

Thanks.

Martyc

05-09-2011

Friday, November 08, 2013 - 5:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Martyc a private message Print Post    
Yes Jbw...I would watch.

Curlyq

07-10-2002

Friday, November 08, 2013 - 11:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Curlyq a private message Print Post    
Here's a link to the 2003 series starting with the launch show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8v-0lNHzepU&list=PLoi03RgROpy_DcM6JR-IfqoD9AxKzylAv

Cinnabarry

08-26-2008

Saturday, November 09, 2013 - 10:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnabarry a private message Print Post    
http://www.scoopla.com/tv/boog-and-drew-leave-bb/

Scoopla interviews with Drew and Boog. 10+ minutes

Cinnabarry

08-26-2008

Saturday, November 09, 2013 - 10:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnabarry a private message Print Post    
Other eviction interviews

http://www.scoopla.com/tags/big%20brother%20evictions

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Saturday, November 09, 2013 - 11:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
If anyone hears about the total voting numbers, please post it.

Cinnabarry, thanks for the interview links!

I *highly* recommend that links to the series aren't publicly posted. If the channels see the links, they will have them closed down.

Luckily 2003 was ch10 years & not ch9 so hopefully they won't bother.

Youtube used to allow users to just reopen a new site but now they don't & if we lose uploaders (as we have) there may not be a replacement.

I also PM'd JBW.

Jbw

08-14-2006

Saturday, November 09, 2013 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
Thanks Curlyq & Willwillbee for the links. I've watch the 1st two days of BBAU 2003 so far. I much prefer Gretel as the main presenter than Sonia. Gretel seems more sociable and her accent is easier, at least for me, to understand clearly. Plus Sonia is sort of wooden.