TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 05, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : Australia 2013: General Discussion: Archive through November 05, 2013 users admin

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, November 04, 2013 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Kitt, are you sure it was for Tahan the highest? Who could really find out if the producers keep it a secret?

I am sure Jade can pick up a lot of votes now that she is in the last 3 and if Tahan's votes don't climb she could go out on 3rd. But, I'm happy with what she accomplished seeing that she never had any friends in the house and yet she garnered a lot of public support and not just her boyfriend's support.

Again, was it really smart of Jade to make friends in the house versus Tahan who never managed to do the same? In the end maybe Jade was the smarter one because now those friends and their fans are putting all their votes for her. I don't know if Tahan and Tim thought of that one, but I'm sure Jade did!

Tim is the producers' choice of course and I still think he'll win. However, these last few days I saw a Tim I really didn't like so much and we're now back to Tahan being the underdog and I'm leaning towards her for the win. Definitely not Jade but I can't vote!!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, November 04, 2013 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Not sure at all, that was just my guess, given her past popularity and Tim's recent fall in the votes. (I just assumed it couldn't be Jade but maybe it could have even been her, if Ed's people were all behind her.)

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Monday, November 04, 2013 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I too was surprised at how close the voting is at this point of the top 3. I would think most people would have been voting early to make sure their fav wasn't evicted today.

Apparently there is a huge support for Jade, but I don't expect her to get past #3 but I'm almost always wrong. I don't think "Ed's people" as in his bro Nick would vote for Jade, I think he's broke right now supporting Ed. I do think Tahan's bf will put a lot into her winning, he's got the bucks to make it happen & it's a $250k prize

I know "someone" put a HUGE bet on Tahan to win to make her odds plummet so that person could also hugely profit if she wins. Right now there is only 4% difference between first & last place. A person could buy 20% of the votes (I'm guessing 500,000 total votes now) for $55,000. Which would be recouped if he had placed a bet >$7333 & she would win $250k.

I don't think the public has that much more to give to voting. I'm sure a few more votes each but I figure most people have blown their voting budget already.

Drew looked like he was over Tully & just looked uncomfortable or maybe he was just trying to be attentive to Sonia & the show & his last goodbye.

As Jade stated, intruders have an advantage of being "fresh" & the originals just can't keep up that level & are worn down. Like the others, Boog may have been a totally different person in the house after 100 days.

One clip I saw showed that her makeup brush turned her face purple like a bruise - either from the garlic oil residue (I assume) or from her efforts to clean the garlic out - the brushes were ruined anyway.

I agree with Boog though, you can't do pranks on others & cry when they retaliate. I was glad they stopped it before it ruined his jacket but his reaction was too much. He should have been thankful that the jacket was saved.

I wish Tim hadn't been so smug about winning it all, some people will vote against him just so he doesn't win. I'm afraid Boog really brought out his bad side & don't know if he can recoup his popularity. I hope he wins, but I can't vote.

I posted erroneously last week

At 4:30amCST Wed = 7:30pmBBAU Wed

but just happened to be up at 3:30amCST & the show had already airing (the website said it was scheduled for 7:30pmBBAU)

Jbw

08-14-2006

Monday, November 04, 2013 - 1:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
Willwillbee

7:30pm BBAU time is now 2:30am(Central Time) since on Sunday, Daylight Saving Time ended in the US.

Jbw

08-14-2006

Monday, November 04, 2013 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
I'll be happy for any of the three finalists winning on Wednesday but I do have a preference. I'd like to see Tim win since he was without question the most entertaining HM this season.

If not Tim, I'd like to see Tahan win over Jade. Nothing against Jade as she seems to be a very nice girl but there is no way I'd like to see Ed possibly swooping in and helping spend some of the $250K(AD) in winnings.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Monday, November 04, 2013 - 2:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Thanks for clearing that up JBW, I knew I kept screwing it up & couldn't figure it out. I'm only good at "NOW" lol

but I did a progression from "now" on a spreadsheet & still come up with 3:30am = 7:30pm but that can't be right because as you said daylight savings time ended this weekend.

I have the time for Queensland on my browser bar & right now it shows

3:00pm Monday Central US = 7:00am Tuesday in Queensland

I had to change my toolbar because it apparently was set for NSW & the difference was an hour (since Queensland doesn't do DST & NSW does) which I assumed was how I screwed it up last time.

So does BB broadcast live from Queensland or NSW?

I like Foxclocks because it has as option of allowing the time in AU or UK to be barely visible on my browser bar but I have it set up to be prominently displayed during show times.

Lake_gal

06-09-2004

Monday, November 04, 2013 - 4:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lake_gal a private message Print Post    
I like Jade. But Ed ruined her. I worry if she wins Ed will then be there for her to share her spotlight. Just like I feel Tully swooped in to get Drew's spotlight. At the beginning of the season I liked both Jade and Drew. Then they were ruined by Tully and Ed. I don't believe Tully would still be hanging on Drew if she had not been dumped by her girlfriend. She is using him for her own redemption with the public. And I feel Ed is doing the same by joining up with Jade's dad cheering her on.

Tim is showing his bad side as the season wears down. Tahan has been nothing but constant whether you love her or hate her. I almost feel like I would like her to win. I don't like the idea of Jade winning and then Ed showing up to claim help in her victory. Tim has turned on the very people that were there for him and it is not a quality I like.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Monday, November 04, 2013 - 4:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
I was surprised that Drew, and not Jade, went. However, Jade has been saved with high percentages before.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, November 04, 2013 - 5:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I think Ed would feel 'entitled' to take the spotlight because it was thanks to his money and her father's and all the other 'friendly housemates' fans who gave her the win.

I wonder however why her father didn't come in when she was up against Ed, how long did the producers know that Ed was going to be evicted and not Jade so told him no need to come yet. It takes 2 days to get to Australia... Mmmm...

I never trust this public voting system and we'll never know the truth about the vote or the percentage. Could it be that Tahan really had the highest percentage but Big Brotha decides it's Tim or Jade's game to win? Who knows???

So, I am not going to get too upset about the winner since I can't really know for sure, it's something that I can't put my finger on it and say... yes, He did win, or yes, she did win, etc.

The US BB version it's clear cut and this one good thing you can take away from the American game.

So, we're going to have another tv episode tomorrow morning, that's when I can watch, 1 hour episode and some believe it will make or brake the 3 left, I don't think so as I am sure the percentage is already pretty well established and if not Big Brotha took care of that 'little' detail already, he's the real boss!! The Aussies just have fun believing it's their vote.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Monday, November 04, 2013 - 5:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
Poor Mr. Clooney. He seems really upset. Poor pooch is losing all the members of his pack.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, November 04, 2013 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Willwillbe, the show is filmed in Dreamworld, QLD, but I just can't work out the show's timing! At the end of today's show Sonia said that "6.30pm live in QLD, 7.30pm live in AEDST states" but the main ch9 website gives Wednesday's show at 7.30pm! Does that mean that since their clocks changed a month ago the show has been recorded live at 7.30pm Eastern time and QLD had to wait an hour to see it???! Oh I don't know, I give up!

I agree, Drew didn't seem too pleased to see Tully and realise that his "story" is going to be all about her. Interesting he said he'd like to kiss her and introduce himself... I wonder if he though he was not himself in the house.

Spunky I'm sure Australia has some sort of agency that checks public vote counts, most of the other countries do. What they can't be sure of is if there are any robovotes or anything like that, but I guess you could say that could happen with any housemate.

btw tomorrow's show is an hour but the finale is TWO hours long (minus adverts)!

Flagg

06-01-2005

Monday, November 04, 2013 - 7:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
If the votes are paid for, what does it matter if they are automated "robovotes" or not?

Its not like American Idol or other US shows where the votes are free, so they can abuse the automated dialers.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Monday, November 04, 2013 - 7:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I thought Delilah (last year's pound dog) was given to a family while there were still a houseful of people. Am I confused again?

I hate for Mr.C to have the HM desert him one by one. I don't think he "got it" when Mik left but it was heartbreaking to me for him when he cried as Ed left - I think he realized he'd never see that one either - I don't think it was because he was so bonded with Ed but the realization set in as he left. I fear this may set up some major separation anxiety for him in the future. Mr.C should have been sent to a family when Mik left.

Rewatching today's episode & it appears that Tim's food was sanded & his bed was "creamed". I don't know if these were retaliations from a previous Tim prank but they didn't show one. I guess I would have been pissed if I'd been pranked twice in one morning with it looking like this was going to be continuous. It would have felt a lil like bullying. Tim sidetracked the discussion into his "uniqueness" which made him look silly.

JBW was absolutely correct about the time & I was all wrong - it's 6:30 pm live in Queensland & 7:30 in NSW

07:30:00 p.m. Wednesday November 6, 2013 in Australia/Sydney converts to
02:30:00 a.m. Wednesday November 6, 2013 in US/Central
Daylight Saving Time is in effect on this date/time in Australia/Sydney
Daylight Saving Time is not in effect on this date/time in US/Central

They are doing the finale live (6:30/7:30) so they can get all those voting dollars but all the other shows have apparently not been done that way.

Cinnabarry

08-26-2008

Monday, November 04, 2013 - 10:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnabarry a private message Print Post    
Is this surprising? It isn't official - just someone who's conducting a poll.

http://bbrazorskate.tumblr.com/

From behindbigbrother forum:
Here's an interesting factoid...that blogger's poll has accurately predicted the departing houseguest every week since the week that Caleb left (and the poll that week had Caleb leaving and Ed just beating Caleb by 1 vote) with the sole exception of the Ben eviction week.

Cinnabarry

08-26-2008

Monday, November 04, 2013 - 10:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnabarry a private message Print Post    
Of course, the above poll would represent one vote. It would depend on how much money one would spend voting on their favorite.

Posters are speculating as to whether or not there will be prizes awarded as was done last year - cash, and a car, and if it's possible BB may let the evicted HM's into the house the afternoon of the final, as per this statement:

Big Brother might be nearing the end but he’s not finished yet. Wednesday’s finale will see all ex Housemates return. ever wondered what happened to The Half Way House?

If the Hm's return to the House, would it be reported in the Live Feeds, you think?

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Monday, November 04, 2013 - 11:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Cinnabarry they just might shut the "live feeds" down or just give us Mr.C, a kookaburro & Greg the possum

Cinnabarry, that poll you posted right now has Jade with 54% of 1119 votes, that shocks me & Tim 24% & Tahan 22% splitting the other votes.

CBBUK should start in early January for a 3 week stint & BBCanada in late February.

Big Brother Canada’s second season will launch with a ‘major’ twist that has never been done before in any other country, it’s claimed.

Executive producer John Brunton revealed the news in an interview, claiming that the scheme would ‘shock’ contestants with a huge involvement from the Canadian public.

Read more: http://www.bbspy.co.uk/bbcan/news/1102/major-original-twist-planned-for-big-brother-canada-season-two-2014#ixzz2jkPLoBRW

I thought Allison Grodner produced BB Canada - sure seemed to be too much like BBUS to not have the same production team - especially when no where else in the world (to my knowledge is like BBUS). Hopefully BB Canada will try a different format, especially after the complete fail that happened this year.

Cinnabarry

08-26-2008

Monday, November 04, 2013 - 11:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnabarry a private message Print Post    
I had a terrible time understanding BBUK HM's when I checked it a few seasons ago. How do they do a 3-week show?

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Tuesday, November 05, 2013 - 12:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
CBB is the "celebrity" version usually reality show cast members, talk show hosts, models, athletes, someone that has been on the front page of the gossip mags, a few actors like soap stars, and an American or 2. It's a "lite" version of BB but most of these people are in there for fame & some just for the paycheck. They are usually quite entertaining or outrageous.

Since they are mostly on camera people, they are usually easier to understand.

BBUK usually tries to get people from all of the UK & Ireland & some of the accents & language (especially Wales, Scotland, Ireland, New Castle) are heavy & hard to understand.

It usually takes me awhile to tune into the accents but it gets easier with time.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Tuesday, November 05, 2013 - 12:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
edit 10:01pm post

I said, "especially after the complete fail that happened this year" I meant with BBUS not BB Canada.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, November 05, 2013 - 12:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
There was someone from Newcastle on my university course and it took me pretty much the full three years to understand what he was saying. And I'm English.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Tuesday, November 05, 2013 - 2:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
I've caught up to the eviction yesterday and I am really surprised Drew was evicted. I actually thought he'd be in the final 3. I didn't like BB bringing Tully on the stage, Drew didn't even have a chance to catch his breath and speak to his family--he barely knows the girl. It's so odd to me that Tully gets so many cheers when she really hurt someone, so, I don't get it. This season is wierd. But, I wasn't surprised that Boogs was evicted, though I had hoped it would be the first time an intruder had won, she was a great HM though.

I found Tim saying he wasn't going to speak to anyone really funny, I love that Boogs gave it right back to him. I thought Tim wasn't able to continue his facade, though, but he blamed everyone and the pranks, then took it back later, it wasn't about the jacket--I thought Tim spun himself a confusing web with that one; Boogs looked confused, it was funny. I'm looking forward to seeing the real Tim, though, after the finale.

And now there are three. I would love to see Jade win, it would be great to see her do that. But I think it may in fact be Tim, although Tahan has had a lot of votes in the past, she may in fact be the winner. It's going to be an good finale' no matter who wins. But, if not Jade, then I really hope it's Tahan.

I am surprised Mr. Clooney is still there, last season their pet was given to his new family much earlier, or that's how I remember it, maybe I'm wrong. I guess he'll be going to tomorrow in the day.

Jbw

08-14-2006

Tuesday, November 05, 2013 - 2:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
Mr. Clooney left the BB House at the end of today's show.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Tuesday, November 05, 2013 - 2:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
https://twitter.com/BBAU9

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, November 05, 2013 - 8:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I like the pic where Tim is in the centre with his arms around each girl, it was in one of the live feed clips... just as I imagined it before Drew's eviction.

This latest daily show wasn't that special, I was expecting to see some new footage but they were just good enough (the editors) to not drag too long certain scenes, for that I'm grateful.

So, the best housemate has left the building, Mr. Clooney will be very hard to forget. He will be with other dogs and that's important for the dog to socialize with his own...

The only thing I really noticed when re-telling some of their moments was how Jade was totally absent from the others' experiences in the house, and how Big Brotha gave her a special role to play (the fake marriage) to hopefully bring out a most entertaining spin... but it turned sour with her falling for Ed.

Tim is deserving of the win because he really did keep the fun going and especially his narrative in the Diary Room. But I would be happy with Tahan winning or at least come in second. Still I wanted Drew instead of Jade to have made the trio much more fun to watch the last 2 days. If Jade wins this Aussie BB will be another BB game where I never liked the winner.
Can I ever get it right?? Oh well...

Curlyq

07-10-2002

Tuesday, November 05, 2013 - 6:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Curlyq a private message Print Post    
I kind of wish they had left all five in the house up until the last night, just because the final three are a bit dull now. They seem to be struggling for conversation. It's kind of like when the party ends and there's nothing left to do but clean up. I knew it would get boring once Boog left.

I'm kind of hoping for Tahan to win now just because of Tim's behavior for the past week or so. He was fun throughout the series, but then he became a bit too moody and sulky at the end. But what really bugged me was his declaration that he never wanted to be part of the very group that he created. Suddenly he and Jade are close friends. I don't remember that, unless all their precious moments were edited out. Usually Jade was complaining about him. The people who were always there for him were the people he tossed aside at the very end, claiming they never had his back.

Meanwhile with Tahan it always felt like even though she had a few friends, she was still on her own a bit even when she was with them. She kept herself entertained, though. She's always so enthusiastic about everything.

So even though I won't care who wins that much, I think I'd be a little happier if Tahan won. Jade winning would be like when Lisa won in season 3 of BB US. Nice person, but didn't bring much to the game.