TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 30, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : Australia 2013: General Discussion: Archive through October 30, 2013 users admin

Stormie

03-01-2007

Monday, October 28, 2013 - 8:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
I would respectfully disagree with a few points made.

I think what Tim does is deliberate. I think he is a manipulator and finds opportunity to make someone look bad by twisting something around to something that it was not. In the case of Boogs, I thought Ed was right, that Tim tried to make her look like someone she was not, which Tim has pretty much done to everyone. I think Tim then talks negatively about the person who confronted him, bc he doesn't want what he's doing to be the point of, or given, any attention, so he spins it to the confronter. And then, if opportunity arises--and a moving camera--Tim will go to that person, and tell them the error of their ways and how hurt he was, etc. I don't see any sweet side to Tim, bc even though this is a game, he never turns it off. He wants to win, fair enough, but I see exactly what he is doing. And I personally would rather have someone who doesn't have to use others to big themselves up, or victimize themselves, win, than someone who does.

I don't see Tim having done so much and helped others shine, or something like that. I feel that BB could have edited anyone in the house the way they have Tim, meaning, highlighted what that person was doing, their conversations, their DR chats, everything. And that person would be viewed as how Tim is, perhaps with a different game, but up there with all the edits. Tim's just a manipulator to me, hopefully there is more to him than that. After Dexter I didn't need a Tim, but oh well, there he is doing his thing nonetheless.

I don't believe Ben said anything about Tim to have Tim lose votes, I believe Ben spoke of how Tim actually treated him in the house. Ben and Tim were not friends, Ben was upset on some occasions bc of Tim's treatment of him, so I didn't hear Ben say anything I hadn't heard him say before. There are consequences to what Tim has been doing, maybe what Ben said is one.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Monday, October 28, 2013 - 8:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Very well-stated, Stormie. That's exactly how Tim is and he's freaking because he can't do it to Boog. She's calling him out on it. Others in the house have also done the same thing, but as you stated, it's been turned around on them.

Tim then goes to the DR and cries how much he misses some of the other housemates. He has gone too far on many occasions, but only sees Boog doing it now and like she said, "He can dish it out, but he can't take it."

He has manipulated everyone from Day One. I don't dislike him totally, but like Drew, I don't want him to win. They've both been playing the game hardcore and it's just now coming to the forefront.

I'm not loving Boog either. She's a bit too crass and her voice gets on my nerves. She's funny, but again, don't want her to win.

I still like Tehan the best of all the housemates.

I noticed how strong Ben's voice was today and I can't help but wonder if his 'little weak persona' was just that.......a persona. He would always question what he should do, etc. but it doesn't seem like he's really like that on the outside.

Cinnabarry

08-26-2008

Monday, October 28, 2013 - 9:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnabarry a private message Print Post    
So Jade's dad thinks as I do.

fabio pietrantonio ‏@billabas44 6h

Ed Ed Ed , from what we sea from Italy u use to much my Princess Jade. @TeamJadeItaly @teamjadebbau10 @JadeSBRIGADE @TeamJadeBBAU

But where has he been until now?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, October 28, 2013 - 9:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
But do you guys think Tim doesn't care about the others or that he doesn't even see the others' point of view. I kind of think he's not capable to looking at things from their side, rather than evilly plotting to do them wrong for his own advancement. Maybe it doesn't matter either way as the result is the same.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, October 28, 2013 - 9:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Odd Jade's dad has decided to chime in now. Does he think getting rid of Ed will make Jade more popular for the end vote?

Mamajenn

07-07-2011

Monday, October 28, 2013 - 10:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamajenn a private message Print Post    
With respect to all opinions I will be the lone Wolf fan for Tim. I have not viewed Tim in a mean way at all. Just a prankster, like the Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream.

Yes he did rib Ben, but he spent many times comforting Ben, showing interest in him...etc.

I think his game is slipping, and I hope he pulls it back together.

I have watched Ed launch a consistent attack on Tim, lying on more then one person he viewed as a threat. Most of all I hate the way he treats Jade the so called relationship is Jade 85% and Ed maybe 15%. I think he is using the showmance to advance in the game, and he showed no interest at all until Matt was evicted.

Tahan is playing the best game of all, and I do think she will win, but I think allowing Ed's brother to slam Tim, then allowing the comment from Ben was wrong, they are letting us know TIM is not taking the game. The only person Ed's brother should be allowed to mention was Drew since that is who he nominated.

As far as BBUK, I agree about Sam, but fell in love with the production of the show. Big Brother put up with nothing. I was rooting for Dex and Gina, guess I like the underdog. It is almost a mix of BB/Survivor. (Survivor much more harsh) but to have to earn everything was great to see, and getting sent to jail, and even one forced eviction.... what a first season to watch. Our HG run the show, and production.

I think public evictions, are perfect with house noms.... this season (BB15) would have turned out vastly different. Not being able to discuss noms is great! I love the face to face noms....ouch.

I want BB to return to a family show I can enjoy with my young daughter here in the U.S.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 - 12:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I agree Ed didn't accept Jade's clinging til he had no one else. I don't think he is with Jade for the showmance as much as he really had no one else after Matt left.

Mamajenn, if you are a lone wolf, I'm in your pack. I have no doubt that Tim is all about Tim but I don't think he is malicious. I know Tim teased Ben, but I can't think of one instance that could be construed as Ben being Tim's "punching bag". Tim seemed to really care for Ben.

Cinnabarry, BB went thru a naughty period & some claim that was why they shut it down. I haven't seen BBAU06 yet but the series I have seen haven't been too raunchy. I remember one series where a sheep shearer seduced a young girl & then said "next". I don't think they showed anything really but I found his attitude demeaning. I have read there use to be a late night edition like the Late Night Feast program but naughtier. I think the producers promised to make BBAU a family show & I wouldn't doubt that there has been more happen in the house than shown.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 - 2:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
It's not teasing when it's done all the time and only the teaser is laughing, then it's something else. From what Ben had said when in the game, Tim really was relentless with his snide comments, trying to get him out of the house, etc. Ben at one point said he thought Tim wanted Ben to lash out at him, so Tim could make Ben look bad. Much like what Tim did with Jasmyn.

I think Tim is calculated for the purpose of the game, not evil. I hope he is a caring person outside the house, we'll see. It's like Tim's not just in the game with everyone, but everyone in the game is his toy to play with. The less people there are, though, the more predictable Tim's game is. And it's not working, not bc of Ben or anyone else, it's not working bc it's the same thing Tim's been doing all along. When there were more people, it was easier for Tim to hide the things he was saying and spinning, but not so much now with less.

I also love that Boogs stands up to Tim and hope she makes it to the end.

Cinnabarry

08-26-2008

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 - 7:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnabarry a private message Print Post    
The Eviction Show will be shown at 3:00 am CT tomorrow, right?

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 - 8:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Tahan as the third wheel... how cruel was that Big Brotha! But she pulled it off and got a silly bag as a reward.

However, I don't understand why they keep shoving that "Jaded" love story down our throat, too much of it gets stale. I really hope one of the two leaves tomorrow. I'd rather see Jade go because I can't imagine all the tears and moping till the next eviction, hopefully on Monday.

So Ed is not declaring his love for Jade, why should he? I actually prefer him to be cautious with this whole "will you date me outside the house" thing, imagine if he made all sorts of promises we know he may not keep. Enough already, time will tell.

The dinner table conversation seemed scripted...again, I wonder if they're left to their own imagination what they really would talk about, but I guess they have a show to run according to bb rules...

Thank goodness for Mr. Clooney to cheer us with his cute act on the beach...that's a lot of sand, such a fine white powder. I saw the big eye of Big Brotha on top of the roof of the building in Dreamworld, you can see it with Google Earth. The whole place reminds me a bit of Disney World... so much bush around there and with all those fires so close by... I think of all the animals killed by the fires... that possum is so cute in their yard to eat apples, quite courageous to come out during day time to eat..

So tomorrow we'll se if Drew or Ed leave... or Jade. I don't think Tim is going. That would be too bad. I'm conflicted a bit, I want him to win but I think Tahan may win in the end more because of who has the biggest pocket... I still think they're playing for peanuts, however.

Cinnabarry

08-26-2008

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnabarry a private message Print Post    
The BBAU prize is low, isn't it? And worse after taxes. If no standard or itemized deductions or exemption allowances in arriving at taxable income, that's $89,800 tax for a net of $160,200? Or is this tax-free income? For their sake, I hope it is.

Taxable income $180,001 and over -$54,547 plus 45c for each $1 over $180,000=30.3% – 44.9%
The above rates do not include the Medicare levy of 1.5%

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 - 11:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I've heard them talking about the bush fires but I assumed they were "in the bush" as in the backcountry. Apparently, there is 1000 miles of fires stretching up the coast just south of BBAU - from just south of Canberra, the capitol up thru Sydney all the way up the coastline where all the major cities lie.

http://google.org/crisismap/2013-nsw-bushfires

I thought the "strap on" Mr.Clooney's back was too rude & pretending it wasn't was even ruder. I thought this was a family show.

Cinnabarry, I keep Foxclocks on my browser with local time, BBUK time & BBAU time because I always screw up the conversion.

The show time switches around & I believe there was a daylight savings time change recently.

The next BBAU episode is at 7:30pm Wed according to the website

http://www.bigbrother.com.au/

At 4:30amCST Wed = 7:30pmBBAU Wed

07:30:00 p.m. Wednesday October 30, 2013 in Australia/Brisbane converts to
04:30:00 a.m. Wednesday October 30, 2013 in US/Central
Daylight Saving Time is not in effect on this date/time in Australia/Brisbane
Daylight Saving Time is in effect on this date/time in US/Central

http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc

I have read on the forums that BBAU winnings are tax free but don't know enough to validate.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 - 2:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Tahan is now the favorite to win per bookies, someone must have put a HUGE bet on her to win ...

Jade's odds dropped dramatically for this coming eviction - they went from 5.50 or 6.50 to 2.50 someone must have put a HUGE bet on her to go ...

things that make me go hmmmmmmmmm

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 - 3:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
I thought the public vote determined who went? How do betting odds impact who goes?

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 - 4:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Anyone who put a huge bet down would be invested in placing large amounts of votes.

If Ed's brother bets on everyone but Ed to be evicted, he will win enough to recoup all the bets & make enough to vote for Ed.

With the recent odds, if he bet a total of $4000 on the other 3 ($1901 for Jade, $1373 for Drew & $726 for Tim) he will make $12,357 in winnings (no matter who is evicted, other than Ed) & which will recoup his $4000 in bids & have $8357 to vote on Ed = 15194 votes or 7.6% of total votes which should save him & wouldn't be out of pocket a dime (unless Ed is evicted).

He could do the same thing with $2100 bet for 4% of the total votes which probably would be enough, but I wouldn't risk it.

I doubt if Jade, Drew or Tim has anyone invested enough to keep them in & will be relying on the public vote but I believe Tahan's bf has an invested interest.

Tahan is not up this week, but this will just keep him from losing, if Tahan's backers are also doing the same, someone has to lose & with the HUGE bet for her to win, someone has a vested interest. I don't think Ed's brother would risk trying to invest enough to have Ed win.

Apparently Tahan's bf makes $250,000 a year - he could easily afford to take the gamble. 30% of the total votes would cost $33,000 - if he also took a bid on her of $5000 he would recoup that monies (or more & he would make money). Well worth it for her to get 250,000 tax free dollars.

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 - 5:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
Ohhhhhh! That is tricky Big Brotha!

Cricket

08-05-2002

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 - 11:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Spunky, I thought the task Big Brother gave Tahan today was hysterical! Hah, hah...she was so bored.

Can't Jade have a convo with ANYONE in the house with it not being about Ed? What is wrong with her? When she was talking to Drew, he started to say something about himself and she brought it right back to her and Ed. It's nauseating.

I forgot to post this at the time, but I remember when Madeline first came in the house, right away Jade asked if she was attracted to any of the guys (of course we know why.) At that moment, Ed perked up and wanted to hear Madeline's answer. If she had said him, I could see him being interested in her no matter that he said she was not his perfect woman.

If only Madeline realized by going for Ed she would have stayed longer, as BB would have loved that storyline. Also, if they told Ed he would have a longer storyline with two gals after him, I could so seem him backing away from Jade. He is literally making the best of the situation he's been put in. I don't blame him for not professing his love for Jade.

Can't wait until they get out and his friends/family help him distance himself from her.

For the record, I don't think Tim is malicious, but he is all about himself. I get tired of him asking Big Brother for things in the DR all the time. It's always what's in it for him.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 - 12:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
Just backtracking a bit regarding vote to save, wasn't BBUK vote to evict this season? And still, Sam was in the final, but so was Dexter and Gina. I'm not sure which way would be better at this point.

I thought Tahan's task being the third wheel was hilarious, Ed and Jade were so nice about it. And the little brother task this week, I had thought Tahan should have won, bc her's was hilarious, where Drew's was not. They've had some good tasks this week, so for me, even though BB probably suggested conversations, they've been, for the most part, fun and entertaining.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 - 1:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Stormie, BBUK was vote to evict but Sam & Sophie were never nominated. Just Dexter & Gina over & over. That's how we lost Det.Dan not by noms but the safe house people up for eviction - Sam, Sophie & Dan. People voted out Dan. Who would vote to evict Sam - no one hardly knew he was there. If it had been vote to save, I think Dan would have been saved.

Jade seemed devastated that Tahan was on a task for the third wheel task. I wish they didn't tell them it was just a task. I was kind of hoping she had to stay on task for the night but that would have been cruel to all of them. I thought she did good though wriggling her way into the "honeymoon suite". I just wish I didn't feel that Ed is so insincere - at least he has been fairly straightforward for anyone else to see, I wish he didn't lead Jade on though. I hope when she sees the season, she can see clearer.

Jbw

08-14-2006

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 - 2:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
Yeah! Ed was evicted with 18.6% of the votes.

the other three nominees received 22.1%, 24.2% and 35.1%.

Sonja didn't reveal who got what percentage since they're only a week away from the finale.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 - 3:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
Thanks Will, I totally forgot about that. Dan was great, I really liked him. I didn't think Sam got lazy, though, I thought he shutdown bc he couldn't understand what people were saying, then when there was less people, he was able to understand, then engage more.

I wish Australia had a celebrity BB this year, that would be lots of fun.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 - 8:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
That percentage was the thing I wanted to see! I don't think it could have any influence on the next double eviction, by now people have a pretty good idea who they want to win... and it seems to me Big Brotha has already a good idea who's going to win. If you notice the sequence of the housemates ... we always had Tahan just before Tim as him as the last one, leaving in the mind of the viewer that's the order of eviction and winner! That was my impression anyways. If Big Brotha really wants Tim to win then they'll do something about Tahan's big pocket boyfriend, "thank you for your generous contribution to our production but we've got our winner". So if Tim loses to Tahan then we know I'm just not good at this guessing game. Maybe they'll have Tahan go out on third to leave Tim and Drew and making it less doubtful as to who the real winner is... Tim.

Just please show me on Monday Boog and Jade leave in the double eviction. How sweet. I don't think I can take more of her tears. I really wanted her leave before Ed.

I thought it was a good coverage of Ed's game in the house from the beginning. What brought him down was actually Jade, should have dropped her as soon as Matt left.

Sonia's dress was ...oh my! She always looks gorgeous on eviction night.

So the next show will be the trick and treat...something halloweenish?? Then what, nothing till Monday? 2 hours on Wednesday, oh wow... should I stay up for that one?? 17 hours difference is just too long and I'll have the surprise or no surprise at all on November 7!

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Oh my god, Mr.Clooney cried. It's time for him to go to his new home.

Someone said Ed's gf was in the audience, the girl in the front row by the stage that he kissed.

Next Wednesday 11/6 last day for final 3, Monday 11/4 2HM with lowest votes to win will be evicted.

I think there are the regular daily shows but Friday is only 20min long as usual. Then a long weekend with no shows & then Mon, Tues, Wed daily shows & then I start watching BB2006 or 2003.

I've tried watching BB2003 before but I always get bored at the same spot. Plus I can't seem to tune into Reggie's dialect & don't understand most of what she says (between the bleeps). That year though, they seemed to have a half hour daily show & a half hour chat show with Sonia & others which is boring me to tears but I was afraid I'd miss something but now I don't care & am trying to skip them.

At this point, I think they will all come out winners. Even if Tim doesn't win, this will probably do a lot for his career in radio - I hope he does win but think with the huge bet placed on Tahan that someone's manipulating votes. Could be another surprise though.

Apparently the time zone conversion didn't work & the show was running at 3:30amCST. I guess I have the wrong area - I know the Aussies complain that the show airs in some area & voting is over when it shows in other areas.

I found out that Australia is almost the same size as the mainland USA. I never thought much of it I guess, but calling it an island (even though it's a continent) I guess sounds smaller.

I was worried that my betting/voting thoughts might encourage someone to try it. I really do think Ed's bro tried it when someone placed the huge bet on Jade to be evicted *but* they said there was the most votes all series. Now another previous eviction Sonia said there was twice as many as normal & then the next eviction was a record breaker. So I'm guessing they had almost 500,000 votes this time. I figured even if it was as low as 400,000 total votes, there would be a difference of over 13,200 votes between last place & third place & 16,500 if it was 500,000. That's a huge difference. *IF* Ed's bro did bet for Jade to go & voted massively for Ed, he's probably out a chunk of change - which he would deserve to lose (in my opinion) for attempting to manipulate the voting

Cinnabarry

08-26-2008

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnabarry a private message Print Post    
I'll have to admit your stats worried me for the rest of the HM's. We do know Ed's brother/family did run the "Date With Ed" campaign and also paid for the newspaper fliers, so it's not stretch that he might have had the betting angle going on, as well. Tahan's BF having the bucks to spend on voting is a bit of another matter, as any one of the HM's families could have the means to do the same, though it is not known that this would be true.

I just feel without Ed in the picture, the voting is more fair but that's JMO. I'd love Drew, Tahan and Tim to be the final three. Is there money for second place?

A question re livestream - I woke up during the time of airing and it showed as offline. Did anyone catch the livestream of last night's show? I'd like to watch the finale live but don't want to set the alarm for nothing, as I did last night. TYIA.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Re: timezones...

The time in Dreamworld is +17 hours from (current) Pacific Time and +14 hours from Eastern time. When our clocks fall back on Sunday Dreamworld will be +18 hours from PT and +15 hours from ET.

HOWEVER Queensland (where Dreamland is) doesn't observe any sort of daylight savings, but some of the other states around it do. When the rest of Australia moved to daylight savings (earlier this month) the people who live there get the same issue that people in Arizona do here where shows are on their tv stations at +/- one hour from their usual time. For example if someone in Arizona watches a BB live stream from the East Coast they have to watch it an hour earlier during daylight savings than they do during winter because ET has changed and they haven't.

So what I'm trying to say is it doesn't matter that the relative time in Dreamworld didn't change with daylight savings (although it will on Sunday!) it only matters what timezone the person who uploads the stream you watch is in.

And that leads me to votes during the show... because of the timezone issue some states have voting closed BEFORE the show is aired, and some can vote during the show. For example when the show airs at 7pm Dreamland time it's only 5pm in Perth, so voting's finished way before people in Perth watch the show.

When some of us played with the number of votes and when they were placed we found out it was most likely that a lot of the votes were placed during the show. Now some states/viewers aren't able to vote during the show I'd think it could bias the votes slightly towards housemates whose home/fan states have voting open during the show. I don't know how significant that is, but I think it could make an impact that some areas for example don't see that the voting is tight (until it's too late) and therefore can't make that last minute surge to support their favourite.