TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 17, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : Australia 2013: General Discussion: Archive through October 17, 2013 users admin

Gibraltar

08-31-2013

Monday, October 14, 2013 - 6:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gibraltar a private message Print Post    
Rehtse, I thought I heard it at one time and it was probably the sisters who heard part of a Tahan tirade but I couldn't believe Tahan would talk like that in front of Nathan (would love to be a fly on the wall of BB!)

Spunky, ITA that the Maddie radio segment was a washout. BB could have provided a better question and debate for them to discuss. IMO

I am sooo curious to see the backlash of the Mika/Tim argument and how it will play into eviction night. I know I felt bad that Mika was crying but then I thought, "she brought this on herself" and I have to agree with Tim; he really has nothing to do with Boog's humor (other than he enjoys it) and he has nothing to do with Mikayla's obvious dislike for Boog's humor.

I don't think Tim is the master manipulator that some give him credit for since everyone knows his game. And if they agree that he manipulates, they're the "idiots" who are allowing themselves to be manipulated. (But note: I would have to give Jade the credit for the blowout). I think Ed is more of a manipulator but not as entertaining or obvious as Tim. And I don't mean to sound harsh, but I don't think Ed even knows he's being manipulative. I think whining and complaining is part of his personality. It just sorta becomes the temperature of the room.

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 - 5:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
Gibraltar, I thought that Mik did a debrief with Nathan in the Secret Garden when he first arrived. Also, yes, the Sugar sisters mentioned T's alleged bashing of her friends habit to Mik on an earlier episode.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 - 8:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Just watched the latest episode (my goodness, there are so many of them!), the final showdown to win only 5 thousands and a night in the PS, didn't seem to me that big of a win, but Tim felt like he won the Olympic medal! I can see now why he took Ed, it's really thanks to Ed's mistake and at the finish line and he could have easily let Boog's ball to score but he stopped it and Tim won.

So no superpower and I wonder how they're going to handle nominations and evictions now. There may be another double eviction soon.

I agree with Tahan that Mikka and Ed really gave up very little for that dinner but Tim and Boog gave just as much as Tahan with her precious hairdryer. Maybe it's just game tactic to show how attached Tahan is to her things, but I would think someone with a rich boyfriend who I'm sure could buy her again the same hairdryer could have done a bit less complaining, but she may have wanted to point out the unfairness of the auction.

There is something about Madeleine that rubs me the wrong way, the more I see her interacting with the others the more I don't like her. That she is smarter is obvious, she has a way of extracting info from the others while offering none of her hints. She may feel Mikkayla could go and needs to pair off with someone else so that she won't be a third wheel with Ed and Jade. Drew is the catch.

Boog's personality trait is quite evident and many times I noticed she equals Tim and Tahan seems a bit overshadowed by the two, Jade seems even more remote and Mikkayla just sour.

If Australians don't keep Boog it may be because they feel Mikkayla deserves to be there more than Boog as the intruder.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Well, well....Tehan's hair dryer is going to ensure she may win this game. Lol @ the journey of this hairdryer. I think Big Brother knew exactly what he was doing.

As for Mikkayla calling Tehan superficial, she is helping herself right out the door tomorrow night. She has just become viscious. She wanted the food the most of all of them and gave up the least important items. Who is superficial?

Good that Tim was fair in choosing Ed.

Lake_gal

06-09-2004

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lake_gal a private message Print Post    
Mikkayla did not look good in the last couple eps. Maybe BB wants her out too.

I have to agree with Tahan that some of the HMs did just hang back and not offer anything important to the bin for the meal.

Maddie is really trying to hook up with Drew. She is going to look like Jade pretty soon. I laughed that Jade said she likes Maddie because they came in the house for the same reason. She must mean to find a boyfriend.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 - 7:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I laughed that Jade said she likes Maddie because they came in the house for the same reason. She must mean to find a boyfriend.

Wow, Lake_gal, I missed that. Both Jade and Madeline are beyond gorgeous. It's so sad they have no self esteem.

I'm still in shock that Drew let the ladies pull his drawers down and wax his butt. He's going to be one itchy dude as the hair grows back in, lol.

Jbw

08-14-2006

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 - 2:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
So glad Mikkayla was the one evicted today!

Yeah!

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 - 7:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
I liked Mik at the beginning, but the more that she associated with the beautiful people, her behavior changed. It was time for her to go.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 - 8:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
That was actually a very good coverage of Mikkayla, one of the best eviction show so far, I think. These Aussie BB editors sure know how to put on a show!! I loved Sonia's dress, Wow!

The scene with Mr. Clooney were touching and she obviously could make the best person to look after the dog after the show. Ed will gain a lot of fans with his scenes with the dog, already 2 long scenes with him trying to catch the dog, if he only could be that persistent with Jade... well.

So, these nominations will be face to face??? Oh my! I hope they'll be smart and try to get Mad up on the block if the originals want to stay, She's definitely an easy eviction. I hope she gets up there on the block and get rid of her next. Jade and Ed will be left as the couple but hopefully the whole group will come together again.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 - 8:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
They wont give the dog to a housemate. Like last season towards the end of the show they will probably have the housemates choose from several families to adopt the dog.

I was glad to see Mikkayla finally leave as well. She's been a downer for a long time now.

Lake_gal

06-09-2004

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 - 9:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lake_gal a private message Print Post    
Mikkayla's downfall started when she changed sides. Early on she was the underdog and the fans cheered her on. She stood up for herself and had fun with Tim. But when she started to hang with Ed & Jade she changed. She was trying to call her side the misfits while hanging with the jock and the model. It didn't really fit. She was always bossy. But she was fun in the beginning. I don't remember the last time Mikkayla did anything fun. She became the backstabbing angry HM that nobody wanted to watch anymore. She overstayed her welcome in the house.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Flagg and maybe others who are familiar with the Aussie BB version, do you know how they play out their nominations face to face?? I mean, are they going to be called one by one in front of everyone and make their nominations and give their reasons? It could be a bit tricky this way, as it's not really fair to the first up (usually Tahan, right? Big Brotha likes to put her on the spot) to expose her nominations as the others, for example if she nominates Mad and Jade, these two could do the same to her.

I think a more fair way of presenting their nominations would be to put them on a row (a bit like we see in the US competitions, in those booths side by side) and they all have to write their nominations at the same time and reveal them one by one. This way they nominate without the knowledge of what the others have done, but to call them one by one it's not fair to the first one up and it will be to the advantage of the last ones called in because they'll have a better sense how the nominations will be finalized.

I'm really curious to see this way of nominations, but no surprises there, Tahan will be up for sure, but at least I hope Mad will be there as well for an easy eviction, unless it's a double eviction, in that case next to go I hope is either Jade or Ed or even Boog, to quickly eliminate the intruders.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Spunky, I believe they usually write down their noms before announcing them. I believe there has been cheating in the past (changing noms). Mike/Situation on CBBUK pulled out 3 pics to choose from & BBUK they had at least one chging noms after it started *but* BBAU is *very* strict & I can't imagine them allowing them the chance of changing & the HM are afraid to pull something like that.

Lake_gal, you summed Mik's downfall well. Her transformation from the easy going HWHM to soup nazi was rather frightening.

I was shocked Mik was involved in the mayo incident & surprised they didn't show Tahan's reaction - it looked like Tim used at least half the mayo in his bowl of tuna.

I am surprised Boog got so many votes, but you can't tell if they are pro Boog or anti Mik. I *loved* the season where they had both save & evict voting. It was confusing but you could easily tell who was loved & who wasn't.

Sonia said this eviction had more voting than ever before & Ben's eviction had a record number of public votes - I assume for just this series though.

percentage at beginning of show - Voting lines still open (for 30 min.) but only if in a daylight saving state.

24.4%
25.0%
50.6%

Loud booing for Mik

Mikkayla evicted

25.0 Mik
26.7 Boog
48.3 Tahan

Tomorrow face to face noms

Cricket

08-05-2002

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Mikkayla's downfall started when she changed sides.

Yep, Lake_gal...that and her bossiness brought her down. You could see she wanted to go out with the others today when the ball got loose, but she took one step outside and then turned and went back in to the whiners.

Jade likes to talk about people and Mikkayla became her puppet. Jade & Co. weren't being excluded at all, but it gave them something to be negative about. I'm really disappointed in Madeline. I really thought she'd be different. It's like Jade/Ed suck the life out of people. Such Debbie Downers.

I was very upset with the mayonnaise 'joke.' Why is it that Mikkayla dislikes Boog's sense of humor unless it works against Tehan? I was shocked that Boog did that as well. Hope it doesn't backfire on her. If not for Mikkayla, Tehan might have had her Mayo. They should have just bought a jar. Tehan is right.....you have to have mayo with tuna.

I'm going to be watching Madeline closely to see if all of a sudden Boog annoys her a little less and she actually does like Tehan. Surely, she sees the writing on the wall as for herself. She so picked the wrong side. I thought she ride it out in the middle, but nope, she got right in there with Jade bashing the others.

I'd like to see Ed or Jade go next week. Keeping Madeline in might make it easier for Tehan or Tim to win.

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
Cricket,

Get out of my head! That is exactly what I was thinking!

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Thank you Will... that makes much more sense that they write them down before announcing their nominations.

I wondered though about the voting to save for Mikkayla, people were complaining that their votes to save Mikk couldn't get through, same thing with Ben... is that how Big Brotha does to get rid of whoever producers want out? Seems a bit odd, but what to believe??

I agree Cricket and others, Mad is a big disappointment, she only helped reinforce the divide I saw when Ben left. The fact that she wanted to get closer to Drew was to prepare herself for a loss in her group (Mikk), and maybe get another ally in the other group. I hope Drew stays true to his feelings for Tully and keeps his target on Ed. But it seems obvious that Ed will target Tim and Boog again, Jade will target Tahan and Boog (to keep Mad), Tahan will target Jade and Mad (I hope so), Tim will target Ed and Jade, Boog will target Mad and Jade (I hope so) and Drew will target Ed and Mad (I hope so) and Mad will target Boog and Tim.
What I don't want to see is Tim's foursome targeting each other when they should target Ed's threesome.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Ooooops... do they still split their nominations or do they give all their points to just one person? I mean, it's only 7 of them now... I hope they can still split their nominations and spread them around as much as they can to create more ties, so that more people are up than just the 3 up for eviction.

Jbw

08-14-2006

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 - 1:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
Tehan is right.....you have to have mayo with tuna. [Cricket]

No you don't. I stopped using mayo or salad dressing in tuna decades years ago. For the last 15 years I use a hot sauce (Tabasco® Garlic Pepper, Frank's® RedHot® or Louisiana® Hot Sauce) and add finely diced onions, celery and fresh green or red peppers. Tastes great!

Prior to that, I used "Bumble Bee Tuna Mixins®" which was a tasty dry mix (came in numerous flavors) you added with water to tuna instead of mayo.

Some people use spicy mustard, yogurt or salad dressing in place of mayo too.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
You could see she wanted to go out with the others today when the ball got loose, but she took one step outside and then turned and went back in to the whiners.

It was Boog's idea to hide the mayo.

When Mikkayla went out to get the ball, Tim called her off. As much as they talk about the others not playing with them, Tim and his group go out of their way to exclude them.

I also thought it was interesting when Tahan was in the diary room talking about how Jade looks when someone is saved; yet when Boog was saved, the camera went immediately to Jade, and she was smiling and clapping.

Mikkayla had me in tears when she walked out the door and said goodbye to Mr. Clooney. My dogs got lots of hugs!

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 - 2:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Jade was all smiling and clapping when Boog was saved because she was convinced Tahan would go, Ed was so sure of it. They want it so much that they couldn't believe it would be Mikk going.

I was surprised that Tahan would go for the mayo, anyone conscious of their looks and slim figure would stay away from that kind of food. If one has to eat tuna, why not mix it with tomatoes and lettuce for a refreshing salad? Their eating habits seemed to me ....eek! All that pasta Mikka cooked, it's a no no... Tahan, watch out, you put some weight already. Hopefully she'll lose it soon enough outside the house.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Cricket,

Get out of my head! That is exactly what I was thinking!

Lol, Rehtse. I feel the same way when I read your and Spunky's posts.

Spunky re the mayo, if you don't eat carbs, mayo is okay to a point. No carbs and it's most likely the light variety. I'm with Tehan in needing mayo with tuna. Otherwise, it's just too dry. Makes a world of difference for me. Tehan seems to exercise a lot as well.

Heh, heh, it was funny how Jade was smiling thinking Tehan would go. She is so off on how they are all perceived, as was Mikkayla and are Ed and Madeline.

Again, I'm surprised at Madeline, as she saw the show until she went in the house and yet she chose the people she did. Can't wait to see who she noms tomorrow.

Merrysea stated:
When Mikkayla went out to get the ball, Tim called her off. As much as they talk about the others not playing with them, Tim and his group go out of their way to exclude them.

Merrysea, you mean when he said they've got it or something? I saw the dog go for it and Drew kind of play with the dog re the ball, but I didn't feel they didn't want her out there, but rather she laughed happily but just couldn't break away from the others.

I'm really surprised @ Jade constantly talking about how she could have fun too, but just not with those people. It's like an excuse for being boring. I felt like Mikkayla felt she owed it to Jade to go back in the house. Sad.

Mikkayla kind of was Boog when she first went in the house and perhaps she should have tried to not be so irritated by her.

I think she was at the end of her tether.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 - 6:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
I don't recall them ever doing a face to face nominations on BBAU in the past. Plenty on BBUK though.

Have they said it was face to face every time til the end or just a one time deal?

Im sure they will still have the 5 points to distribute between 2 people.

Curlyq

07-10-2002

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 - 10:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Curlyq a private message Print Post    
If Tahan and Tim had remained at war with each other, I'm sure Mikkayla would've been happy to play with Tim, Boog, and Drew. I think she just couldn't get past her friction with Tahan. There were several times when you could see her playful side wanting to come out, not only in that scene with the ball, but also with the mayo prank. As much as she claimed to not like their humor, they always got a good hearty laugh out of her.

On the subject of the mayo, I did notice in one clip that when Tim went to use it Boog told him to just use a little bit because it was only supposed to be a joke. So I don't think Boog meant for Tahan to never find it or for them to eat it all without her. I can't imagine eating tuna without mayo although I do know someone who can't stand the thought of eating mayo at all, and most of the housemates claimed they didn't need it. It's just a shame that once again they blew their challenge. They shouldn't have given up all those personal items without a guarantee from Big Brother that they'd get a good dinner every night instead of just one.

Hopefully the housemates will make a better effort to get along now. Like now that Jade has lost Mikkayla, she'll hopefully spend a little more time talking to the other girls. She and Ed must realize now that the fun-loving group is the one the public keeps voting for. When Boog beat out Mikkayla that had to wake them up. I'll bet Madaline's kicking herself for the choice she made.

What Tim & Co. have going for them is that they know that as long as they stay active and have fun, the cameras will be on them and they'll get more airtime. Ben left at a time when he had started to fade into the background. The others forget that sitting around being bored or just chatting won't get you a whole lot of attention. Ed's one bright idea was the date with Jade which saved him that week. If Ed really wants to beat Tim at his own game, he needs to figure out fun, attention-getting ways to pass the time.

For strategy's sake, they ought to keep Madaline in the house realizing she'd be the easiest to beat in the end. If they want to cop out because of the embarrassment of face-to-face nominations, then I guess they'll pick Madaline and use her newness as an excuse, but if they want to remain strategic, they'll put up the biggest threats. Tim, Tahan, Ed, and maybe Jade would be my guess. Jade hasn't been up for a while so maybe people think she's not a threat.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 - 10:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Not much point in keeping someone in the game that you can beat at the end, when you have zero control of who is voted out.

Whats the advantage in keeping Maddy if you are nominated instead and voted out before you get to the end?

Its not like they can discuss nominations and make any kind of alliances or plans.

Putting up the biggest threats is a good idea if you could be sure only they went up. But if pretty much anyone else got stuck up against Tahan and Tim, that person is toast.

This game simply cannot be played like BBUS. The ban on nominations talk makes it impossible.

Curlyq

07-10-2002

Thursday, October 17, 2013 - 12:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Curlyq a private message Print Post    
That's what I mean, Flagg. If those who aren't Tim, Tahan, Drew or Ed (so basically Jade and the intruders) realized they needed to put those guys against each other and not put any weaklings up with them, they'd be smart to do it now before their numbers dwindle even further. They know they can't beat them in the end, so their only hope to win is to get them out now. While they can't discuss their noms ahead of time, nominating out in the open is almost as good.

Tim said a couple of weeks ago that it might be better strategy to keep the intruders around. In his case, he probably could risk being nominated instead, as could Tahan and even Drew.