TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 24, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : Australia 2013: General Discussion: Archive through October 24, 2013 users admin

Bee

09-14-2009

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bee a private message Print Post    
How funny everyone forms such different opinions of the HMs. Jade is my favorite..also like Ed and Tahan. Tim and Boog have totally lost me..no longer amusing to me..I just get annoyed by their childish antics now. I'm even liking Maddie more than Boog. I hate the way Tim, Boog and Drew think they are so superior. I used to love Drew..now he can go anytime. I wish Americans could vote..would put in a few myself for Jade this week.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Spunky, Surly was saying he wanted to direct a romantic scene & made silly fish jokes about Jaws 7 & Free Willy. He had them practice a bit before playing the scene to the backyard. I don't know why they didn't film & edit or maybe they did.

I understand most except Ed in the beginning. I turned on closed caption on the player to try to translate & it had no clue (although it had no problem translating Sonia)

Did they ever tell what his decision was about returning items? I assumed when he listed out the items & them not being anyone's fav items (like Tahan's hairdryer or Tim's jacket) that he would have chose Jade instead since these items weren't anyone's favs *but* the announcer said that while the girls & boys are *still* sleeping in separate rooms, Jade sneaks in for a late night cuddle and then ...

MY FAVORITE PART - I cracked up!!! Mr.Clooney went absolutely bat chit nuts & tore up that room. It was almost like he was telling Jade, "Are you frigging crazy??? Stay away from him"

And my second fav part was Boog's comment (& the way she said it)

Boog asks Ed & Jade what is going to happen with them after.

Ed says, we've had this convo

Boog says, I guess it doesn't really involve me does it??

Hated Drew doing the Jadaconda, at least he acknowledged it was a lousy thing to do to a friend.

That was one of my fav episodes. Thankfully, so much pissing & moaning lately.

Missy2

07-31-2001

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missy2 a private message Print Post    
Love Mr. Clooney. I wonder whose dog that is? He is great....such a spunky character. Was pretty funny when he went up and sat on Jade's head.

Chitchat58

07-25-2008

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chitchat58 a private message Print Post    
Where can I find this last episode? I can't find it...

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
He's a "pound" dog & will be given to a family at the end of the series. He needs a special kind of family to keep up with him. I thought it wasn't fair for Delilah (last year's dog) to spend her childhood with the HM & then be sent to another home but I guess it's better than spending the time in the pound. But this year, I think Mr.C has been lucky to have all the HM & all this attention, I don't think it would be humanly possible for a family to give him all the attention he needs. I thought I heard them tell Mikkayla that he was going to a family that had another cattle dog, so he would have a buddy.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I totally missed that question by Boog, I miss so much because I can't fully understand them.

For sure it was one of the funniest scenes with Mr. Clooney going crazy and open to so many interpretations. On the US BB board there was a thread 'funniest pics captions', or something like that, and I would love to read their captions on Mr. Clooney running wild and who knows maybe jealous of Jade or Ed, I like yours Will... to warn Jade off Ed. LOL.

I'm going to miss that dog. I think Mikka may be watching just to see what Mr. Clooney is doing without her.

I'm also going to miss more of the freeze and release challenge because I wanted to see some more people enter the house and see their reactions.

I don't quite understand what's happening to Tahan, she has been downplaying her game lately, don't understand why, as if she hasn't a motivation to impress or annoy any more. Maybe she is taking a break.

While Tim has kept his narrative in the DR, we've seen less and less of Tahan in there and to me it's vital she keeps that narrative going because it's what Tim is doing and it's a special link with the Australian audience, even if she doesn't have any more complaints, she should open up in the DR as she did before, even if it's only about her opinion on how her game is going versus the others. You can tell that with Boog in there she has been overshadowed and I don't know if it's because Boog takes over and Tahan just retreats not wanting to be on the spotlight as before. Who knows... drives me crazy.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 - 1:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
Regarding votes, I now remember that Kitt, so I hope Tim is nominated this week and stays at the bottom.

Nominating Jade was not Jade's issue, it was using the excuse of her not liking bugs that both Tim and Drew gave; she didn't take the bugs, she just didn't like them near her. So? I thought it was a cowards way out and a lame excuse, but that's just me. And I'd venture to say both of their reasons would have been different had the noms been in the diary room.

Tim, Tim, Tim...why do people like him? I just don't get it. Tim wanted to evict Boogs bc of his fake attraction to her, I didn't believe for one flat second he liked her in that way, he said the same thing about Jade a few days earlier. And now he feels lost and alone bc Drew spends time with Boogs? I don't believe it. I think Tim believes he can manipulate Drew to do what he wants and thought he could manipulate Boogs, but both of them know he's a manipulator and pretty much do what they want. Tim had wanted to break up Drew and Tully when he wasn't getting enough attention from Drew. It's all about attention to me.

Drew had a boost with winning fav HM, I thought he was becoming cranky bc he was hungry, so hopefully he'll be back to a more happy place. I thought it was hilarious that Drew hit the nail on the head on how Tim would react to Drew's winning favorite housemate, he was right. I thought it was unfair, though, that both Drew and Tim were rewarded for breaking the rules, neither was punished for hiding and eating the chocolate. It really shows me BB is bigging up Tim for some reason.

I was okay with Tully coming in to see Drew, but I didn't really think it was a big deal. I thought it was a bigger deal that Tahan's mother and sister came in, that was so cute and then I felt bad for her bc then she had to gear up to be in game mode again. But it was hilarious when Ed's twin went in, throwing the ball at him, that was funny.

I thought Tahan had been feeling down since her Mum and Sister showed up, I didn't think it was fair to do that to her, it was a lot of emotion all at once. I thought it was great, though, that Tahan ran into the house to get the other veggies for the burgers, while Tim smashed things and smeared a window. Like someone said way above, Tahan is immature to a degree, but she has grown on me and something like thinking ahead to make a great meal out of a mini burger, was very thoughtful of her.

I hope Jade stays, I'm really liking her more. And I don't think Ed dislikes her at all, he said in the beginning he didn't want anything to happen in the house with anyone, he was clear and Jade knows the score. They are not children and if spending time together in the house is what they want to do, then I don't see a problem. I also initially thought Jade was insecure, but like all of us she has issues, only in the case of Ed, she saw someone she liked and went for it, that's not insecurity. It kind of makes me laugh. They have spoken though, so each knows the reality of their situation, but being close and supportive, I don't see an issue, regardless of what Boogs and Tahan have said.

I hope Tim gets evicted tonight--secret double eviction Ed choosing which second HM goes, lol. Dare to dream.

ETA: Sorry I forgot to thank the mods for the pics above, they are great and much appreciated.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 - 2:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
Madeline really impressed me in this episode. I think that she's been overshadowed by the Tim and Boog vying for attention. It's also funny that Boog accused Jade of not being herself, when it seems to me that Boog is overacting to try to get camera time. Just because Jade isn't loud and outgoing doesn't mean that she isn't being herself.

I really, really, REALLY want Boog gone! I like all the rest, but she has GOT to go!

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 - 4:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Chitchat58, I sent PM

Spunky, Tahan lost her nemesis, Mik & the sisters so she has no one left to whinge about.

Stormie, I thought Jade was upset that her friends nom her & then used a lame excuse - which made it even worse.

I think Tim wants to be the center of attention & if he's not the center, he feels left out.

Merrysea, I liked Jade until she morphed into Ed. It's like she's given herself up to be whatever he wants her to be & it's really bad enough having one Ed.

Love the new updated banner!! Thank you mods for taking care of us!!

Stormie

03-01-2007

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 - 5:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
I saw it the other way around, the reasons first, the betrayal second. Rather than give Jade a real reason, it's like Drew and Tim invented something insignificant, like she didn't even warrant the truth. And the more she thought about their reason, the more she felt stupid, bc their non-reason looked like they were invalidating her as a friend, or that's what Jade seemed to feel. So then Jade started questioning herself, feeling stupid and gullable for believing they thought of her as a friend, bc putting her up for not liking bugs was a lie, so their friendship must have been a lie too. Jade even asked Tim at the table, why he didn't just say he thought it was her time to go, or she was boring or something (I forget), but rather than acknowledge Jade's feelings, Tim brought up Ed and it's a game and blah, blah, blah.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 - 5:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Will.. I understand that, and glad I am that those three are gone, but on the other hand I thought that with so much more room to play out your game she is not as creative as I thought. The prettiest girl in the house and yet no one even dared flirt with her, as if from the very beginning she told all of them she's 'off limits', don't know if the others know that Tahan is already taken (her rich car racer boyfriend), I remember, or maybe I dreamed about it, that earlier on she said in the DR or to someone else, "I don't dare tell them who my boyfriend is 'cause they'll hate me even more". I'm not sure if this really happened or I imagined it (was she talking to Ben about it?).

So, they must know she's off limits and no guy there tried anything with Tahan. I'm sure Drew referred to her as "the whole package", and Tim loves her face, and Ed picked her as her partner before Jade's divorce from Drew. She has a 'sisterly' attitude towards Tim and Drew and a bit of friendship with Ed since they were paired off in the beginning. She's warming up to Mad and Jade I think since Mikka is gone and she likes to laugh out aloud with Boog. But I haven't seen anything original coming from her lately, although I believe she has learned to be more appreciative of the others and more helpful in creating a positive mood in the house.
That should be enough right? Mmmm..

Bee

09-14-2009

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 - 7:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bee a private message Print Post    
Tahan had a definite attraction to Caleb...would not be surprised to see them hook-up in the future when she and her race-car BF split.

Jade made it quite clear that she was not attracted to Drew during their faux-marrage(she even remarked that his hair always smelled) and Tim turned on her when his advances in the PS (even after she asked him not to pick her) failed. Drew started treating her bad when he realized she liked Ed.

They are men scorned and now constantly bash her because she rejected them all. Unfortunately Ed is the one she fell for and that does not bode well for her after the show.

But as she said..she is playing with her feelings and her heart and was really hurt by those she mistakenly perceived as her friends. Probably not the best move on her part...but she is the least fake of them all. I believe Big Brother is giving her a bad edit as they want Tim or Tahan to win. But she is the most natural and honest of them all in my opinion.

It seems Australia picks their winners for entertainment value only and they got that from Tahan acting like the mean spoiled beautiful girl at the beginning, Tim with his childish and narcissistic way of playing the game...and Drew's falling in love with his cheating girlfriend Tully.

This is just my opinion of the HM's and I respect other opinion's...just wanted to put mine out there.

Edited to add that Boog is my least favorite. She is all show even though she claims she is just natural.

Curlyq

07-10-2002

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 - 8:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Curlyq a private message Print Post    
Jade is seen as insecure because she keeps saying she's not smart and that she's not good enough for Ed. It's sad to hear. She can't see all the good qualities she has to offer. If she did, she would never go chasing a man around trying desperately to convince him to change his mind about pursuing a relationship. She'd let the men chase her for a change.

The problem with Jade's reaction to Tim and Drew's nominations is that she missed the point. They didn't give non-reasons, nor did they lie. They gave her very specific examples of how she had turned into the "house mum" and gotten on their last nerve. They were trying to point out her behavior and the way she'd been looking down her nose at them lately. How were they to know she had never nominated them? They're not supposed to tell each other that. Going solely on her behavior and attitude toward them lately, they probably figured she'd be nominating the way Ed would want her to. And the fact that she kept saying "I would never nominate you" shows that it was the nomination and not the reasons for it that was really at the heart of the matter.

Wait until she finds out Ed nominated her, too. My guess is she'll shrug it off and say "It's just a game."

What I like about Boog is that she says what she thinks. You don't feel like she's plotting and scheming when she talks to someone, hoping to use their words against them at some point. She just reacts in the moment, or she lets it slide.

Tahan has taken over Mikkayla's slot. She's cooking and serving everyone. That doesn't make for great television, but since she's not nominated it doesn't matter this week. If she gets nominated next week, I imagine she'll get more airtime. Instead, they're focusing on Jade, Boog, and Maddie. Probably why Maddie was chosen for that task with Tim that had multiple layers to it.

Pretty sure the house knows Tahan is taken, although possibly not by whom. I remember early on they talked about Jasmin being the only single woman in the house (Jade being "married" to Drew).

The freeze task was fun, although seeing Tully again was a bit much for me. It would've been nice for everyone to get a visit from outside rather than just a few. Loved the choir. Most of all I really like seeing how well they're all getting along now that Mikkayla is out. Can't believe Tim and Ed have been pulling pranks together. It makes me wonder how different the show would've been if certain people had left sooner and others stayed longer.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 - 11:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
I respectfully disagree. Jade hasn't really changed, she's pretty much the same person now as she was when she went in, so it doesn't seem reasonable to me that she not liking bugs means she is telling anyone what to do, that's Tim's spin to make himself appear justified; it's so difficult for them to hide their bug friends, bc mean ole Jade will lash out at them? Plus, Tim tried to spin a new tale at the table, but just ended up spinning things to Ed. Also, Jade mentioning she would never nominate them was an effect of her feeling stupid, bc they gave no valid reason; Jade said she was playing with her emotions and it was a huge deal for her to discover so were they, hers that is. The bottom line is, they were not the friends she thought they were, so for her, lesson learned; for Tim, same ole same ole; for Drew, he looked like a follower and basically ridiculous, to me anyway. And Jade was already put on the block by Ed, in person, so it won't be a surprise.

Jade has her insecurities, but so does everyone else. I used to think she was just chasing Ed, but I think it's more now. At this point I think she saw something in Ed and went for it, and I don't think there is anything wrong with that. I just don't think it's a problem for Jade to pursue him, especially in that environment, it's not like he's seeing other women behind her back. They hang out in the house and know what may or may not happen when they leave. I don't think it's as big a deal as it's been made out to be.

I don't think Mikkayla was the problem, I think it was Tim spinning things to make her look bad, which is why she got so upset that one night. There was no divide, but to me it was Ed who nipped it in the bud when he confronted Tim, not Mikkayla's leaving.

Tahan has always been up front about having a bf, but has never said he was someone they might know, just that she has someone.

Chitchat58

07-25-2008

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 - 8:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chitchat58 a private message Print Post    
Thank you Will

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 - 8:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
This eviction show wasn't as exciting as the one with Mikka going because it was just too predictable and knew Mad was going, but I appreciated how the editors put together the best moments of each nominees and some new scenes, like the nudists and the lifting of Boog.

Some of the best live feeds scenes (like Mr. Clooney going wild) did not make the cut, and for this I really appreciate those live feeds clips.

Another surprise was the self-portrait winner result, from those live feed clips it looked like Big Brotha wasn't happy with any of the drawings (neither was I), so that Tahan won that was a bit strange but then she did put in a bit more effort than the rest.

You can tell how Tim is playing the Australian audience and Big Brotha helps him along in the game, with his special ring gift to Sonia, well, how can you beat that for ideas?? Bravo Tim.

But what I wanted to hear was towards the end and the cheers and screams didn't let me understand what exactly was Sonia saying about the nominations, one thing for sure I understood is that there will be nominations as before so not all of them will be up. I agree with Jade for once, that the intruders should go before any of the remaining originals go. So it's time to go... Boog.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
Tahan is already taken (her rich car racer boyfriend)

I could never understand why Tahan was getting so many votes to stay, but this explains it. Between his fans and his money, he can make sure she has all the votes she needs.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I don't think Tehan's boyfriend has anything to do with the many votes Tehan gets, Merrysea. She is just an adorable girl and everyone loves her. The way BB has played her with that hairdryer she wanted so badly; finally got and had to give up again has made people root for her. Also, what you see is what you get with her.

I do agree with some of you that Tim can really act immature if he's not the center of attention. He sure doesn't like the Drew/Boog twosome as he's not the leader of the pack anymore.

Likewise, Drew is turning on Tim at times. I'm just not sure what to make of Drew. I don't want him to win. He is so mean towards Jade just because she didn't like him as he liked her. That's not a good character trait.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think the evictee was predictable but I was very happy with the percentage breakdown, Jade 52%, Boog 37%, Madaline 11%. I expect people thought Boog was safe and some of the votes for Jade were to make sure she stayed over Madaline rather than a vote solely for Jade, but still, very glad Jade had a full 15 point lead over Boog.

I was hoping they would have put Boog down in the pool after they lifted her up, it was such a good stunt and then they seemed to just give up with the ending. I'm glad they passed them, it would have been impossible to not move ever.

It sounds like next noms will be Friends and Family noms! Traditionally these give some unexpected results. Spunky, Sonya said: "join us tomorrow night at 7pm for the final nomination show of the year, the housemates' friends and family will be hijacking the chamber and they have no idea it's coming, friends and family they haven't seen in months will be entering the house and nominating with their points, it's going to get emotional. Who will the loved ones put up for eviction? We'll find out tomorrow."

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Oh wow! family and friends will be nominating? I can't wait to see that. Just as long as Boog makes the block I won't mind if Tim or Tahan will be on the block as well, knowing that Boog will be going for sure against those two.

I wonder if they get to see them after nominations. I guess the heck with the BB rules, it's what Big Brotha decides.

About the rumour of Tahan's boyfriend paying a lot to save her, the same rumour is for Ed's twin paying a lot. However, I think Big Brotha has a lot to do with who gets to stay, if Big Brotha think it's time to go... they'll just stop the phone lines as they did for Ben and for Mikka.

The producers are making a lot of money with Tahan and Ed's votes, so they may stick around for a while longer.

I just want a clean slate... do I sound like Judd? After the last of the intruder is gone.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
I definitely want Boog gone first! In addition to being an intruder (and I don't think it's fair to give the win to someone who has only been in the house for a few weeks, rather than months), she really, really annoys me!

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Tahan's bf is really actively pushing his fans *and* corporate sponsors to vote for Tahan. Even his corporate racing helmet has #SaveTahan printed on it (with the other logos). He said that if it looks like Tahan will be evicted, BB will ask him to be the family member waiting. Hmmmmmm

I would imagine Tahan (like Matt) give off that don't flirt with me vibe & if you do anyway, I wiil set you straight. Tully tried to hang on Matt & he told her to stop it.

Tomorrow is the last nominations show & nominations will be done by friends & family.

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
I was a bit bored by today's episode. I would like for things to speed up a wee bit. Tahan (or Tim or Drew) for the win!

Curlyq

07-10-2002

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 - 9:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Curlyq a private message Print Post    
Yeah, the episode was predictable, but had its funny moments. The best part was Sonya's announcement at the end. I hope they're not bringing back Tully (again!) to nominate for Drew. Being a former contestant, I don't think that would be right. I would expect the family members to go straight for the biggest threats. Ed, Tim, and Tahan will probably be the nominees.

Personally, I don't care if an intruder wins. If they're more entertaining than the people who were there from day one, and can garner a fan base in such a short amount of time, good for them. The other people shouldn't have let the intruder outshine them.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Thursday, October 24, 2013 - 12:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
2 days left to bid on a HM self portrait!

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/bigbrotherauction2013/m.html?item=221303711881&_sop=16&_clu=2&_fcid=1&_localstpos=63114&_stpos=63114&gbr=1