TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 06, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : Australia 2013: General Discussion: Archive through November 06, 2013 users admin

Cricket

08-05-2002

Tuesday, November 05, 2013 - 7:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Would someone please e-mail me the latest addy to watch the show live? I can't tell if the one I have is no longer in use or I'm just getting there too late.

As of this time, the live show will be shown @ 2:30 AM CT Wed. correct?

Thank you in advance.

I'll be very happy if Tehan wins. She was alone a lot in the game, but kept going and ended up strong.

Sad that this fantastic and entertaining show is ending. Big Brother and these houseguests have made me laugh so much and I've really enjoyed discussing the daily shows with all of you.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, November 05, 2013 - 7:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Cricket did you find Big Brother Australia Ep 86 Daily show, if you enter it that way it will bring up the show, I'm sure by now you found it.

You won't miss much because is a summary but it was enough for me to really show how Jade was not part of several funniest moments in the house because she was too busy with the sugar sisters, Mikk and Ed. But the editors were gracious enough to omit some of the more unpleasant moments, however I didn't notice any new footage.

You'll notice Big Brotha insistent voice asking how much they want to win, and the only one who really expressed how much would mean to win was Tahan, Jade was, oh I never expected (to me it felt like, well I never expected but I'm okay if I win) blah! And Tim, couldn't understand what he said... neither Big Brotha because he had to repeat... Tim, how much do you want it?? Then a pause and Tim said...what the heck did he say .. that he never won (or wanted) anything in his life?? I couldn't understand.. But even if he meant to say "I never won anything", what did Big Brotha think of this 'sulky' reply... How strange.

Then today he kept repeating how 'second' or 'third' doesn't mean a thing if it's not first, he doesn't care about second or third, so he wants to win, of course, but he goes about it in a strange way. Tahan, says, I want to win! Jade, well, okay, icing on the cake, or something.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Tuesday, November 05, 2013 - 9:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Cricket did you find Big Brother Australia Ep 86 Daily show, if you enter it that way it will bring up the show, I'm sure by now you found it.

Spunky, I'm talking about the live show when it airs live in AU. I did find an addy @ Morty's and they actually listed the time for the show and put the time of the show and the time it would air EDT. They are showing 6:30 AM EDT for Wednesday's finale show, so that would be 5:30 AM my time (CT.)

I'm not going to stay up that late since I didn't sleep much last night and never caught up today. I hope those who do watch post it in this thread, as once the show has been shown (even in AU) it's no longer a spoiler. That way, we won't be discussing the finale in two different threads.

I won't come here until I watch it in the morning.

Thank you so much for responding, Spunky. I guess we haven't really had a list of whom everyone wants or thinks will win, be we've all kind of said.

What a complete difference in the outcome of this show vs. Big Brother U.S. finalists this season, eh?

Like some others have said, I've wanted AG and Kass replaced for years. Our country looks so bad when they pick the people they do for Big Brother and have no control or rules. Sad and embarrassing.

Australia is a breath of fresh air, and while I have a favorite, I'll be okay with whomever wins. Overall, they were a great group of people.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, November 05, 2013 - 9:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I don't have any sources for live shows, Cricket, hope you find one. The finale would be more like 2.30am for you I think, certainly not as late as 5.30am.

Spunky, Tim (eventually) said "he'd never wanted anything so much in all [his] life." Took him a while to get there though!

I want Tahan to win. She had a very dodgy start, being such a mean girl, but she seems to have learnt from the experience. Tim has been entertaining but he's lost me these last few weeks because he's playing soooooo hard. I like Jade best of all but I don't need her to win and it seems like nor does she.

Cinnabarry

08-26-2008

Tuesday, November 05, 2013 - 10:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnabarry a private message Print Post    
If the HM's selected the winner, Tahan would win unless Rohan endorses Jade and then the girls would be tied. Mikkayla, Katie & Lucy, Maddie, and Nathan would vote for Jade, and Ed, of course.

For Tim: http://instagram.com/p/gWuc71IpBj/
For Tahan: http://instagram.com/p/gWx8kRC5Ct/
For Jade: http://instagram.com/p/gWtm82mvEV/

Cinnabarry

08-26-2008

Tuesday, November 05, 2013 - 10:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnabarry a private message Print Post    
I have one kid living in ET and one in PT and I'm CST and I can't even keep up with us, let alone figure out what time I need to search for BBAU live show. If it's 7:30 pm AEDT, this link tells me it's 2:30 am CST. http://www.timebie.com/timezone/cstaest.php

Does anyone know if, in fact, it is AEDT?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, November 05, 2013 - 11:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It is definitely airing live in Australia at 6.30pm in QLD and 7.30pm in AEDST states. Both of those dates are the same moment in time, and it's equivalent to 12.30am TVCH Board time. I think it's 2.30am Cricket time.

Cinnabarry

08-26-2008

Tuesday, November 05, 2013 - 11:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnabarry a private message Print Post    
Hope it's okay if I post three in a row. I didn't think Drew could win but I wanted him in the Final 3. I did watch the last episode. In the lookback, Drew was in 19 of them. Yes, I'm obsessed with that boy with long hair and a nose ring, neither of which I actually care for. I'm too old to be a cougar so it must be senility, you reckon?

All of Jade's scenes with Mikkayla and the Sisters, and with Ed, I tried to block out as they happened, I disliked them so much. And that was a lot of show time, mates! I do like Jade when she isn't with or talking about the aforementioned HG's but she wasted a good bit of my BB time so I don't want her to win, which means she probably will.

I actually felt the same about the time Drew spent with Tully but I couldn't not watch Drew. As far as following him after the show, I'm in a quandary because I can't stand Tully. Need to learn Photoshop so I can take her out of the pictures.

It's a tossup between wanting Tim or Tahan to win. Tim played the game from the git-go and was an interesting character, 90% of him I liked. Tahan has a lot of good qualities and a few bad ones. Overall, though, I admire her. I do realize I'm lucky that I can't vote. I'd have spent beaucoup money, Drew would still be gone, and I'd still be unable to decide between T & T.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, November 05, 2013 - 11:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Drew is just gorgeous, you're not senile. Even in that period when he was just being such a miserable so and so I still found myself transfixed on close ups of him, and that's very unusual, usually if I go off someone's personality I don't think they're as good looking. The boy should be a model.

Cinnabarry

08-26-2008

Tuesday, November 05, 2013 - 11:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnabarry a private message Print Post    
OH THANK YOU, KITT. That makes me feel a bit better. I can now tell you I may have scarfed two or more dozen photos of Drew from the net last night during my feeling rock-bottom sad that he didn't get enough votes to stay. I suppose $8500.00, room and board, probably a dozen mates to visit and an experience of a lifetime isn't too bad a way for a college kid to spend his summer. I agree that he could get some modeling assignments.

The above link for Jade was wrong. for Jade: http://instagram.com/p/gUB6c8GvDW/
Is that Boog in both Tahan's AND Jade's. That little cracker!

Cinnabarry

08-26-2008

Tuesday, November 05, 2013 - 11:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnabarry a private message Print Post    
behindbigbrother board is saying, based on the betting, that Tahan is dropping, Tim's basically holding and Jade is rising. And then I had to laugh. Someone posted this:

Fresh Garlic = $2
Custom Denim Jacket = $250,400
Not Beating Yourself = Priceless

Cinnabarry

08-26-2008

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 12:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnabarry a private message Print Post    
Big Brother ‏@BBAU9 1h
????? 35%
????? 35%
????? 30%
Your Vote has never been more important! VOTE NOW:

Curlyq

07-10-2002

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 12:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Curlyq a private message Print Post    
Staying online extra late to watch the show live. I've been catching it the last few nights at http://bobisevil.com/tv (3:30 am EST). If you don't download that Sopcast thing (which I didn't), you can still watch it by choosing Castalba 2 from the drop-down menu. Right now it's showing their local news. Hopefully tonight there won't be any hiccups like there were the last couple of nights. I wonder if it's one hour or longer.

Those percentages are amazing! If they had ended the show a few weeks earlier it probably wouldn't have been this close. I still marvel at the fact that Ben didn't make it to the end.

Cinnabarry

08-26-2008

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 3:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnabarry a private message Print Post    
It has had numerous hiccups, one of which was when they called Ed, Boog and Drew onstage. BBAU finale is a BIG production. Jade's step-mom is watching on this site and commenting.

It's 4:54 am here CST. And they're ready to announce.

Florin

08-27-2006

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 4:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
Does 2nd place win anything

Jbw

08-14-2006

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 4:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
Congratulations to Tim for winning BBAU 2013!

Jade came in 2nd and Tahan 3rd.

vote breakdown was 36% / 34% / 30%

Jbw

08-14-2006

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 4:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
Florin -

They gave Jade $10K and the Sony 4K TV from the honeymoon suite

Jbw

08-14-2006

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 4:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
Tahan won $5K for 3rd place.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 7:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I woke up at around 3 am and took a peek and saw the winner as Tim so I went back to bed and smiled. Better him than Jade, that's for sure!!

So now I'm going to enjoy the show hopefully without too much trouble... considering that it's 2 hours long.

Those percentages looked ridiculous to me... but that's Big Brotha driving the Aussies crazy.... that 2% Tim got the last couple of hours was Big Brotha's wicked way to make things exciting for the viewers.

They got Tahan out on third to make it even more obvious as to who the winner should be since it was too clear to Big Brotha how much the Aussies wanted Tim to win over Jade...inspite of Ed's Army.

Let's enjoy the show!

Jabelljba

07-07-2005

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 8:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jabelljba a private message Print Post    
I would have liked Tahan to win, Tim 2, Drew 3. Disappointed Jade was in there but that's just me.

BBAU is different to me bc I'm good with any of the finalists winning. BBUS I never want ANY of them to win bc they are all so mean and awful. There have been one or two exceptions but in general I'm sick over the finalists every year at the end of BBUS..

BBAU was great fun and very refreshing. Big Brotha himself is The Best!! #2 is Mr. Clooney. Enjoyed the season Thanks Australia.

Jabelljba

07-07-2005

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 8:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jabelljba a private message Print Post    
Has anyone seen the finale posted at youtube or anywhere else? I'm not seeing it?

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Yes Jab, I just finished watching the 2 part Finale show. If you just enter Finale Part 1, etc.. you'll find it.

Boy, they are a sappy lot, aren't they? So much, hugging and crying and kissing and more crying... I thought Sonia wasn't her best, she had a tired look on her face. Well, I can understand that, her job compared to Julie is much bigger...

Watching the finale knowing already the result is much less stressful than those poor Aussies who had to watch it live. They really believed Jade could win this? How funny was that! And please, I found so embarrassing when Sonia kept repeating the prize money and the peanuts paid to Tahan and Jade, I guess I'm used to bigger prizes but maybe to those kids it means a lot.

Kudos to the editors, they're the real winners in my book.

So Tim the winner was no surprise to me, he was so obviously the winner since the very beginning but Jade making second place was so laughable, it must have been all those votes from fans of her friends in the house. Or just a wicked way of Big Brotha to run the show the way he likes. I still don't buy that last 2% for Tim at the last hour. That is something we'll never know for sure, interesting though that if the housemates were to vote the winner, Tahan was the one, or did I get that wrong?

The backyard was really beautifully set and the huge screen to watch the show was incredible, what a beautiful way to enjoy the finale while sipping champagne...

I truly enjoyed these past few months with all of your comments and explanations, sometimes I really needed them. Thank goodness for youtube and whenever I feel like seeing again Mr. Clooney and the beautiful house and Tahan and Tim diving in the pool I can go anytime down under...

Kudos to the Aussie BB producers, they're really great!

Cricket

08-05-2002

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~! My Tehan didn't win and not only that, Jade beat her! There is something wrong with that picture.

When Tehan left, Jade said to Tim: "You did it. It happened exactly like you wanted it to."

Why did the public vote for such a manipulator? Tim purposely tried to make Drew/Tehan look bad the last week or so he would be with Jade at the end because he felt he could beat her. Sad.

My last hope was that he outplayed himself and Jade would beat him, alas..that didn't happen.

Tim may have won this game, but the other two gals in the final have a better life because there's a reason you are always single @ Christmas. Your immaturity does bode well for a long-term relationship.

Anyone think Drew may be trying to distance himself from Tully?

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 11:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
So where was Justynn? Sure he was not an official housemate but he was still in there for several days.

They never even mentioned him, though he did show up briefly in one of the clips.

I guess he really was a hired actor and never could have been a real housemate.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Thank you so much everyone for the AU time difference. Morty's was way off. I didn't make it past midnight, but had I known for sure 2:30 I may have tried to stay up. I think you guys are right.

Was that Tehan's sister in the yellow (Tehan) dress? She's pretty too. Tehan's boyfriend seems very close to her family, which is nice.

ETA: Curlyq, thank you for info on the live show. I'll save that addy for future use just in case it doesn't mysteriously disappear.

I used to watch the show live occasionally @ 4:30 AM, but then I would be missing it at that time. It must have gone to 3:30 then and I didn't realize it. Then, we had Daylight Savings Time and made it 2:30, but I was going the opposite way, lol.