TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Bachelor Arie 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor Arie 2018 users admin

The Bachelor
The Bachelor (on ABC)

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through January 06, 2018Jimmer25 01-06-18  11:37 am
Archive through January 16, 2018Chewpito25 01-16-18  11:51 am
Archive through January 23, 2018Babyjaxmom25 01-23-18  10:48 am
Archive through January 31, 2018Yesitsme25 01-31-18  8:19 pm
Archive through February 07, 2018Jag200025 02-07-18  4:13 pm
Archive through February 25, 2018Texannie25 02-25-18  6:47 pm
Archive through February 26, 2018Yesitsme25 02-26-18  8:19 pm
Archive through March 01, 2018Happymom25 03-01-18  11:38 am
Archive through March 06, 2018Kookliebird25 03-06-18  10:15 am
Archive through March 07, 2018Jimmer25 03-07-18  8:31 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Idolworship

05-07-2003

Wednesday, March 07, 2018 - 8:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Idolworship a private message Print Post    
It would be interesting to see Bekah be the next bachelorette. She'd be about 24+, and is such an
cool little person. I hope they choose her.

Oh, and I agree about the first guy's monologue...way too long. I hope there are some better choices, in the ones we didn't meet, although I loved the horse dude.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, March 07, 2018 - 9:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Bekah has very little to no chance of ever being the next Bachelorette. Assuming no one comes out of the next Bachelor's season for the 2019 Bachelorette, they would probably give it to Tia since she was supposed to be the next 'Ette until Arie pulled that stunt.

I can't imagine there are too many men that want to date a girl that doesn't shave her armpits and posts pics of her hairy pits online. And honestly, I hate to sound cruel, but there's nothing elegant or sophisticated about Bekah. She may be a nice girl, but she's definitely not attractive enough to be considered 'Ette material.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, March 07, 2018 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I think we've heard the "will never be" before. Nick anyone?!

I think Bekah is extremely attractive. And with a few more years of maturity I think she'd make an interesting Bachette. I'd much rather see her as the Bach-ette than Tia who has such a potty mouth for a sweet southern girl. They will have to hire an extra crew for all of the bleeping and blurring they have to do for her word choice.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, March 07, 2018 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
She's 22-years-old and lists her job as a "nanny" when she actually works on a marijuana farm. As far back as I can remember, the 'Ettes have all been "career women." For the life of me, I can't understand why anyone would think she would make a good 'Ette when she has nothing to offer anyone.

I would much prefer a foul-mouthed Tia to Bekah. That would certainly enhance my 'Ette experience.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, March 07, 2018 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I hope Lauren's parents sit her down and make her watch the show. I bet Arie convinced Lauren that it would be best to not watch it.

He should not have given a ring to Becca or Lauren. He could have said he needed more time to think about it.

I am glad we don't have to watch this smooth operator any more. Yuck

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, March 07, 2018 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yikes if Lauren watches. His parents seemed to prefer Becca. I think Lauren probably will not watch as she and Arie have concluded they "got a bad edit", so I'm sure he's actively discouraging her from watching.

Bekah wouldn't be the first farmer on the show! LOL. She's a breath of fresh air. I look forward to seeing her on Paradise.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, March 07, 2018 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
She said that her and Arie did not watch the show on Monday. They didn't need to because they 'lived' it.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, March 07, 2018 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Arie might have lived it all, but Lauren didn't.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, March 07, 2018 - 4:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I think Bekah is adorable and extremely attractive! She has such a beautiful face. I think she's also a lot more mature than a lot of these women. She makes good points and is very articulate when she speaks.

What the heck was that first guy's name anyway? I thought his accent was charming, but he just came out and started talking and never introduced himself--unless I missed it.

Second guy looked smarmy to me. I didn't like the hair. Looked like he was trying to make himself taller.

A banjo? Really???

The horse bit was kind of awkward, but cute. I liked the concept.

Smokey

07-07-2003

Wednesday, March 07, 2018 - 5:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I also loved 22 year old Bekah. She's more real than many of the contestants. As far as her "job",hasn't anyone noticed that many of these people, both guys and girls, elaborate on or exaggerate their professions?

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, March 07, 2018 - 7:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I think Bekah is adorable and more well spoken than most of the ‘older more mature’ women!
As far as careers, wasn’t Trista a Miami Dolphins cheerleader and the one Jason Melnick dumped...Meslissa?? Her career was Dallas Cowboy’s Cheerleader...What was Emily’s career?
These ladies are no rocket scientists!

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 9:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
How in love with Arie could Becca have been if she's already over it and moving forward as The Bachelorette? Please. They all come on this show to get on television with the hope that it will lead to more.

As for Arie...how in love can you be with a woman you've known for less than 30 days and spent probably a total of less than 40 hours with alone?

I think a proposal is expected on this show, and they're pretty well forced to follow through (I realize there's been a couple of exceptions).

I think sometimes we forget this is reality television and not too much about it is real.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 11:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I don't expect to see Arie and Lauren make it to the altar. They both seem really immature. My DH watched for about 5 minutes the other night and already had seen enough to think Arie had some growing up to do. Lauren is just so young. She still lives at home with Mommy and Daddy. Becca is a career woman and has her own place. Just no comparison. #TeamBecca

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I don't think there is an appropriate time-frame for recovering from a break-up or lost love? I think it would vary greatly depending on the person and the circumstances.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
Jimmer says <<I don't think there is an appropriate time-frame for recovering from a break-up or lost love? >>

I agree, but I think it probably needs a bit more than 2 months if it's truly love. They said that he'd contacted Lauren on New Year's and after that by a couple of weeks broke up with Becca. She probably realizes she now gets more screen time and calls herself lucky.

Note: I do not take any of this show seriously and this is the first bachelor I've watched in ...hmm who knows how long! I only watched this one because I was bored one Monday night and there was nothing else on, lo and behold there was Arie...AGAIN. I had to watch and see who he dumped on this time.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree that it is reality TV at its best (or worst). The Bachelorette track record for maintaining relationships is actually pretty astonishing considering that they have such a short time together on the show.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 3:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I have a friend from church that watches all the Bachelor/Bachelorette shows.

We don't tell anybody that we watch them. lol

Last week she posted on Facebook that, although she is a very private person, she wanted to tell her friends that she had been diagnosed with breast cancer and will be going through chemotherapy.

I messaged her after the finale. I said that I was praying for her and asked her what she thought about Arie.

We chatted and joked about Arie. We decided that we must watch Bachelor in Paradise to support Bekah.

Anyway, even though they are mindless shows, I know that I can keep in touch with her over them. It will be a distraction from chemotherapy. We are going to have fun.

Yesitsme

08-24-2004

Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 7:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Yesitsme a private message Print Post    
I suspect being on this show is an intensely surreal and emotional time for them all. It's their real lives, but it is also a fantasy. I feel sorry for all of them. They feel the strong feelings....but have no time to process them in the real world. I ageee Jimmer....the Bachelorette has a good percentage of success and really even the Bachelor has had a few good relationships come out of it. Way higher than I would expect. But I have a but of a cynical side, which is probably why I enjoy the show, I still don't think Arie and Lauren are a good match, but he was unreasonably smitten. That being said....I felt like Becca wasn't as disappointed as she portrayed. I think it was a bit more embarrassment since it was on camera. I do like her.....and feel like she is a grown up. I am sure the "I love you, but I love her" got a bit old.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 8:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Sometimes when it's over, it's over and you just have to move on. I think part of how long it takes to get over someone is how long you were with them, which is NOT very long on the Bachelor! So I can fully believe one could be ready to move on quickly after that. I'm sure she was smart enough to start putting some guard around her heart as he was telling her how much he missed Lauren. Still hurts, but time to get back on that horse.

And yes, considering how fast and whirlwindy these relationships are, I'm amazed at the success rate. And yes, this is mindless fun!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: