TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 23, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor Arie 2018: Archive through January 23, 2018 users admin

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, I read they "digitally" removed the hair on her underarms. (and armpit hair does hold body odor).

hairy smelly pits

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 12:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I'm sorry...but I need to respond...I feel like it's a personal choice...one of my nieces chooses not to shave her armpits, and she is by no means stinky. Many women in Europe don't shave, so why is it a must in America? Lexie, you and I are usually in agreement on things...but this time I disagree. (First time for everything, right? :-))

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Scoot, if you think I'm going to live in New Orleans when it is 115 degrees outside and not shave my pits, you've got another thing coming. I know you and I agree on things, but I'm sorry - it's gross. Years ago, my mother's cousin didn't shave her pits. It wasn't until her co-workers complained about her body odor that her employer called her in to talk to her about it. She had become "nose blind" to how badly she smelled. It was disgusting.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Jimmer.. I noticed Arie eating, too! Guess he knew he wasn't keeping that one. The food looked good, at least.

I still like Beckah. She is at least having fun and not sniping at others or trying to injure them.

The woman who probably sustained a concussion from the demolition derby seemed to have her head repeatedly slammed into the flood during the wrestling. And if it wasn't her, it might have been another woman.

They really need to re-think what they consider entertainment. It is bad enough that we know how the outcome of head injury without forcing questionable activities on reality show contestants.

The two wrestling stars looked not so good.

Thankfully for me, Bibiana is gone.

You have to know all her antics were scripted.. After one woman and Arie used her setup to make out, she would have just interrupted, so I don't buy that she just sat and tuned while the site was used over and over.

There seems to be a cruel edge to the script that we are seeing even more this season, with Ari e announcing his encouragement of the more aggressive behavior.

This definitely suggests that he doesn't care if he never gets to know some of them, just in case he might like them.

Guess it is more honest.

I am sure most are just there as potential for the new follow up show anyway.

On the one on one date, he didn't even bother finishing it before sending her home, as he wandered up stairs with his rose đŸŒč to some musicians.

And the dogs .. What was that about?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 3:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
As Scooter mentioned, lots of European women don't shave and lots of men (in America) don't shave and they aren't all stinky. It's a personal choice. Goodness knows, I'm not about to start shaving my armpits.

I agree with Sea that those wrestling stars looked pretty rough.

I also think that Arie is the most indifferent bachelor in the history of the show. Whether that is kindness (not leading them on) or meanness (not caring) is disputable.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 5:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
If Arie couldn't find a wife in the five years he wasn't on the show, he's not going to find one in six weeks (especially since he broke up with a girl he had been dating for over a year before starting his season). He's not serious about any of these women. Arie is a nice guy - he's just a playboy. Always has been, always will be.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 5:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
LOL .... Did you catch Arie's explanation for his inability to find someone in the past five years after his "devastating" rejection from Emily? Something about how he subconsciously had been dating women with commitment issues or unattainable women (due to distance or some such stuff).

Reader234

08-13-2000

Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 6:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Texannie, loved that blog post! Thank you for sharing

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 8:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
“Indifferent” is the perfect descriptor Jimmer.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 6:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
You are welcome, Reader. She posts a new entry every Wednesday. Her blog may be more interesting than this season.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 7:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
I'm with you Lexie, I think a woman not shaving her pits is GROSS looking and smelly!

I am having a really hard time watching Arie on his dates. I find him a bit repulsive for some unknown reason and am actually recoiling when he starts kissing someone. I find him really insincere and frankly not very attractive.

At this point I am watching for the "Girl Drama" factor only, not sure how long I will be able to keep watching which is a first!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 8:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
So do you think that all men who don’t shave their armpits are smelly?

If not, then why would women be any smellier?

Stressing over women not shaving doesn’t seem to sit very well in days when people are concerned about empowerment.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 9:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
Well yes I do actually think men's pits can be kinda smelly Jimmer, although I try not and get close to a pit and inhale if I can help it lol!

It is basically down to visual appeal for me, I think hairy legs on women or hairy backs on men are gross too. People can do what they want however I do not have to think it is sexy or even appealing.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/PinterestToldMeTo/
~3/AzVE9i2N7Tg/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email

Blog is up!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 4:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, I'm not into all that empowerment stuff so it is lost on me.

Hairy pits on a woman are gross. Sorry. It has nothing to do with empowerment. It has to do with personal hygiene. There is nothing cute or adorable about Bekah and shame on the producers for casting a 22-year-old for a 36-year-old Bachelor.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 5:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
hy·giene
ˈhīˌjēn/
noun
noun: hygiene

conditions or practices conducive to maintaining health and preventing disease, especially through cleanliness.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=hygiene&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b&gfe_rd=cr&dcr=0&ei=JeNfWrWYCMqDX530hIgM

If you can show me something that shows that people are more healthy and free of disease because they shave their armpits, then you should alert the American medical community.

I do get that you personally find it gross (and the vast majority of American women do shave and that is the current beauty standard in America) but that has nothing to do with hygiene. A person with shaved underarms is still going to smell if they don't have proper hygiene and a person with hairy underarms is not going to smell if they have proper hygiene.

----------------------------

I also don't care how old she is as long as she is an adult. It's that empowerment thing again. As an adult woman she can make her own decisions about what is right and wrong for her. But I also get that you don't care about that.

Anyway, it's been an interesting discussion and I'm sure that's what the show producers hoped for when they cast her.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 8:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I haven't seen her pits, but haven't been looking. I don't have smellovision.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 8:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Arie doesn't seem to care about her pits. :-)

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 8:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
Seriously' good grief..

Grooch

06-16-2006

Monday, January 22, 2018 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I missed the first 20 minutes. What did the person tell the blonde girl on the telephone? TIA.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, January 22, 2018 - 6:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Her grandfather passed away. Her name was Maquel.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 4:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Jag!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 9:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
It was interesting to see that Arie was really torn about whether or not to keep Bekah after he found out her age. Of all the girls, I thought that Bekah was the most down to earth and realistic about the situation. She flat out told him to let her go, but he could not. Maybe he really does want to find a wife.... or am I just dreaming.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I hope Krystal leaves soon!

I hate that she got the LAST rose. My hopes were high and then were dashed as she picked up her rose.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I knew Krystal would get the last rose. They always have an obnoxious person like her every season, and the producers keep her hanging around for drama. I noticed that Ari didn't kiss her either time he had a one on one with her. She's lost her charm for him. She may stay another week or so, but she's not gonna last.

I've been to Tahoe many, many times. We used to camp there on family vacations when I was little, and I had a really good friend whose parents had a house there. We used to go for girls' weekends all the time. It's only a couple of hours from my house, so easily accessible. Gorgeous place. The water is very clear, but VERY COLD year round. It's very deep, so never warms up.