TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
The Challenge: USA

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: The Challenge: The Challenge: USA users admin

The Challenge: USA
The Challenge: USA (on CBS)

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through July 08, 2022Scooterrific25 07-08-22  9:47 am
Archive through July 26, 2022Brenda196625 07-26-22  6:12 pm
Archive through August 11, 2022Karuuna25 08-11-22  3:47 pm
Archive through August 21, 2022Karuuna25 08-21-22  6:16 pm
Archive through September 14, 2022Wilsonatmd25 09-14-22  9:27 pm
Archive through September 15, 2022Seamonkey25 09-15-22  5:44 pm
Archive through September 17, 2022Karuuna25 09-17-22  6:38 pm
Archive through September 19, 2022Karuuna25 09-19-22  9:49 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, September 19, 2022 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Legal - I so agree about Tyson. I still think he is just a sore loser, because he sees himself as so much better than everyone else and can't imagine how he could have possibly lost unless the game was stacked against him.

Did he really expect the producers to pull out a printed copy of the rules at the challenges? They are in my head is exactly where they should be... so they can make an instant call. Not have to read a manual.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, September 19, 2022 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Legal Leo did say on both written and podcast interviews that his belongings were stolen. So that info did come from him. I guess he came to the conclusion it had to be someone in production because he said no one else had access.

I am not saying that's what really happened. I'm just confirming the info came from Leo himself

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, September 19, 2022 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
James is the one who had $140 cash stolen out of his belongings. He said it was someone out of production because they were all "out" doing a challenge when the cash was stolen.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, September 19, 2022 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Since & Lexie, I agree that several have said money or belongings were missing. And they should be recompensed for that.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, September 19, 2022 - 10:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I think this show was filmed entirely in Argentina, was it not? So it was likely all Argentinean production staff? People in other countries, particularly those in South America, Africa, and Asia, even those somewhat well off, simply do not have all of the luxuries in life that Americans take for granted. All of the cast were Americans. Americans are sometimes seen as spoiled, entitled, ungrateful, and oblivious to others' conditions. All of those stereotypes can be true when compared to other cultures, and that can sometimes result in people helping themselves to the excesses which seem to mean so little to the entitled Americans.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, September 22, 2022 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
For those that have never seen MTV Challenge, I suggest watching the 3 part The Challenge:Untold History. It's shows how the series evolved from the other shows. Interviews with cast and crew and producers. Inside stories etc. They also show all the different hosts and TJs accident. Inspirational recovery.

Very interesting and entertaining for those of us that have followed the whole franchise over the years. And a must if you plan to watch the MTV Ride Or Die Challenge that starts in October and are not familiar with the cast.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, September 22, 2022 - 10:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Sincebb1. I am a total newbie to any of the Challenge series, but I liked this one. If you could remind us again about watching the history and getting educated before the new one begins in Oct., I would be grateful.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, September 23, 2022 - 2:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Juju the docu-series already started this last Wednesday on MTV. It's 6 episodes but they are showing 2 episodes every Wednesday. So the 21st, 28th and 5th. Then on October 12th the MTV Challenge Ride Or Die starts.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Friday, September 23, 2022 - 2:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
I don't want to spoil the documentary but i HOPE they show Diem Brown. She remains the biggest memory of any Challenge contestant in my mind - her battle of cancer til the very end is just so powerful and the relationship she had with CT who is like a challenge god to those of us who have watched every season/version. 2014 seems like yesterday (when she finally passed away)

Also prepare for the "i am taking ALL the prize money" when one winner had the option to keep it or split it with their partner who completed the final too. The other biggest moment in my Challenge memory and why I love All people named Sara/Sarah lol

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, September 23, 2022 - 4:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, Diem is a big part of Challenge history. I think she was the reason CT straightened out his life

"I'm taking all the money", happened twice...and it wasn't that surprising considering the players lol

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, September 23, 2022 - 5:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I used to watch back in the Diem and CT days. I think I got busy with parenting and then stopped. I may try to watch again.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, September 24, 2022 - 9:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I agree that the retrospective history of the Challenge and how it evolved is very very good. I usually don't like these kinds of shows, but this is well done (except for the fact that they show a lot of photos for like 2 seconds and my eyes can't even focus that fast let alone figure out who is in them!)

Also, here is an interview with the Challenge USA winners saying the rules were weird but were applied fairly, and that Tyson is the sour grapes guy.

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/the-challenge-usa-winners-defend-finale-rules-1235377028/

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, October 24, 2022 - 3:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I have a question about Ride of Die. I'm trying to figure out what separates the veterans from the rookies. I was under the impression that they had all competed in the Challenge at one time - so wouldn't they all be veterans?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, October 24, 2022 - 4:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
The rookies are those who may have participated in one or two, but not very many.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Monday, October 24, 2022 - 6:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Most of the rookies are actual rookies to the challenge but were on other reality shows…

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, October 25, 2022 - 3:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Thanks y'all. I guess the one thing I find annoying about this go-round is the way TJ just randomly brings out another new team to compete.

Has anyone heard when the Global Challenge will air on Paramount+ (or if they have even filmed it yet)?

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, October 25, 2022 - 6:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Ive started watching Challenge Ride or Die. I don't know many of the characters but I'm still enjoying it.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, October 25, 2022 - 7:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Should we have a separate thread for the MTV Franchise of The Challenge Ride or Die? Are enough people watching?

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Tuesday, October 25, 2022 - 8:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Or make a thread just for the challenge in general so any version of it can be discussed in one place?

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, October 25, 2022 - 10:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yes MTV Challenge as opposed to Challenge USA (CBS)

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, October 26, 2022 - 8:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Please feel free to create another thread. :-)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: