TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 26, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: The Challenge: The Challenge: USA: Archive through July 26, 2022 users admin

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, July 08, 2022 - 11:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, get the love island people out of there. How is that even a reality show. They should have had Bachelor people, but I'm thinking that's a different network.

I like the twist. Gives people like Derek from BB a chance I think.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, July 08, 2022 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
It gives Kyland a chance too, he isn't stuck with Azah.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Friday, July 08, 2022 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Yeah I liked the twist as well. I was worried for Kyland

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, July 08, 2022 - 11:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Same about changing partners and not being saddled with Azah.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, July 09, 2022 - 12:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Oh crap, thinks for fixing! Yikes.. I don't know what the typo was but whatever it was, happy that it is gone!

I also have no feeling for the Love Islanders since I've never watched that show

Some of the others I don't remember well but definitely have a group to root for.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, July 09, 2022 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Love the random changing of partners, until someone I like gets paired with someone weak... LOL.

Seamonkey, no worries, just didn't want any random people seeing it and thinking it was okay. Message me if you want to know.

Or maybe just try it again and read before you post it? :-)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, July 14, 2022 - 1:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
So we followed one show with mean girls (BB}) with the same on this show tonight to get Tiffany out.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, July 14, 2022 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Honestly, I just want to see them take Tyson down, because his ego drives me nuts. :-)

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, July 15, 2022 - 12:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Aw, I love Tyson's dry humor which is how I view his boastful comments in his diary entries. He's actually quite respectful towards others when speaking with them. He is killing this challenge!

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Friday, July 15, 2022 - 7:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I'm with you Kappy. I don't see too much of an ego. He even said in one of his DRs how what's his face scared him. LOL

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, July 15, 2022 - 9:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I see it as bragging, personally. I don't think it's tongue in cheek, I think he really thinks quite highly of himself. Too highly. :-)

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, July 15, 2022 - 10:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I think he has a very dry sense of humor and he is a comp beast. I really enjoy watching him. His over confidence is strategy and it does unnerve people. This show is much more entertaining than BB right now!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, July 15, 2022 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Isn't most of his bragging in private confessionals? I don't see that as game play? And he has always been that way. I just think he has a big ego. Just my view. :-)

Anyway, it's fine that you like him. I just don't... LOL.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, July 15, 2022 - 6:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
His ego used to bother me but I am finding him funny on this show. It may wear thin as time goes on, we shall see.

I'm so bummed Tiff is out. I was reminded of my distaste for Shan :-(

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, July 15, 2022 - 8:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Tiffany and her partner who was also booted said that a lot of the women were targeting Tiffany from day one. She said she was surprised since she is older than most of them and only 5'3". They were interviewed by Rob Cesternino, as are all those booted..

Supposedly Alyssa and maybe DX were going to target the cookout members who dumped them on BB. But Tiffany says she has no beef with DX that she knows. Alyssa they said put a guilt trip on Xavier for how SHE was used on BB by him.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, July 25, 2022 - 6:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I watched all three of my recorded episodes this week and thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm thrilled Tiffany is gone.

The only thing that perplexes me is why are there so many Love Island people on this show and only three from TAR? You would think after 32 seasons, they could find more than three people from TAR to do the Challenge. I didn't think Love Island was that popular to justify all of these contestants.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, July 25, 2022 - 8:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It's very strange. Sadly and unfairly, TAR just doesn't get any respect from CBS.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, July 25, 2022 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, you are correct that TAR doesn't get any respect from CBS. The irony is Survivor and TAR are the most physically grueling shows on CBS, and BB and Love Island are not. I don't consider standing on a wall for four hours having ketchup squirted at you for an HOH competition "physically grueling." I just don't get it - At. All.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, July 25, 2022 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I agree. Over the years almost every reality show I watch has been ruined by production. The only one that has remained untarnished and true to itself is TAR.

I much prefer the original version of The Challenge MTV. I am so happy they're continuing with the Challenge MTV, which has been renewed for at least the next two years. The OGs are truly competition beasts for the most part and very savvy strategical players.

While these challenges on USA are harder than BB, they are nowhere near most of the MTV ones. Physically or mentally...or even some of the TAR or Survivor comps.

Please, on Love Island a physical challenge consists of who can eat whip cream off of someone's butt the fastest. Strategy consists of "coupling up" with somebody you can make it to the end with in order to win the money.

Love Island is no longer on any affiliated channel with Paramount. It was sold to Peacock because they had such bad ratings. There were only four seasons of it on CBS so they're going to have a limited pool of contestants from a defunct show to choose from. What makes them think we want to see any of them on this show?

At this point I'd rather see the cast from Come Dance With Me...lol...Or actually why not Tough As Nails? At least those guys have heart and endurance.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, July 25, 2022 - 6:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, the banner is so awesome! TY!

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, July 25, 2022 - 7:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
You’re welcome. It’s a pretty good show. I’m enjoying it!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, July 25, 2022 - 7:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I am loving it!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, July 25, 2022 - 9:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
TAR people have real lives that they live when not doing the show. Thus they are not readily available to do another show. The others sort of consider being a reality television contestant to BE an actual job.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, July 26, 2022 - 5:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Juju, I do agree with you about TAR contestants being different from the rest of the reality world contestants. But still, you would think out of 32 seasons, they could have found more than three to appear on The Challenge.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, July 26, 2022 - 6:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Awesome banner! love this show. It's very entertaining. And yes, hopefully more TAR people next time please!