TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 17, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: The Challenge: The Challenge: USA: Archive through September 17, 2022 users admin

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, September 15, 2022 - 6:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Karuuna it got lost in translation lol I meant I was wondering if he was gearing up for either a USA or a MTV Challenge. From what the insiders were saying they were tiring of him and his antics, and he wasn't in that great of shape. I figured he was trying to get in great shape to be asked back.

Believe me...the shape he was in his last challenge is nowhere near the condition he is in now! The only BB player the MTV cast respect is Kaycee. She is a beast and they love her.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, September 15, 2022 - 6:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Oh, gotcha... yeah, Josh is pretty volatile. Didn't he get kicked off one?

They've been asking folks from all kinds of shows, this isn't the first time they've used folks from Love Island, which isn't exactly a physical comp. :-)

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, September 15, 2022 - 7:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Josh got Fessy (BB) kicked off MTV Challenge when he got in his face. I believe it was over a piece of pizza Fessy was accused to have stolen from Amber (also BB). Fessy was innocent but Josh went ballistic and came after Fessy who ended up losing his temper and grabbed Josh by the arm? Automatic disqualification.

Later in same season, Josh provoked Ashley to the point that she verbally annihilated him. Ashley has a very bad temper. She then got disqualified for that and thrown out. Josh was persona non grata and was sent into an elimination which he lost.

CT and others veterans tried to get him to stop being so emotionally immature. But he was the same pot banging Josh as in BB. Now if he worked on his personality like he did his body, he would be a formidable competitor. But since he is now dating Elena Davies (BB) from his same season...I'm thinking that didn't happen. LOL

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, September 15, 2022 - 8:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Next Wednesday MTV Part 1 of 6. The Challenge:Untold History Documentary. I think they are showing 2 per week. If anyone is interested.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, September 15, 2022 - 11:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I watched the finale tonight. I cried a LOT. OMG, the pathos. Enzo tanking his partner. The blood, the sweat, and the tears. The mud, the blood, and the beer (okay, mixing metaphors for fun). Angela tanking herself and hoping she could get away with it.

Oh, and Cayla (with a C, not a K), mercifully going by herself when she would have felt SO guilty tanking a partner, just because she is a super-taster, and probably doesn't even know it, and YET she persevered and lived to fight another checkpoint. I cried for Cayla because that huge onion and dozen garlic cloves are physically painful to a super-taster, extremely painful. When she said her mouth was on fire, and her body was shutting down, she was not exaggerating. Her almost quit was every bit as painful to her as Enzo's for real couldn't breathe quit. (I am a super-taster, but not sure if I have ever disclosed it here. It is not something to be envied; food everybody else loves should not make you cry from pain.) I don't think I could have done it at all. I could have done most of the Amazing Race odd food challenges because most of those were psychological. This challenge was physiological.

This was the first time I have ever watched a Challenge reality tv show. I guess I found it because it had contestants from three of the reality tv shows I do watch. I liked it, except for the infighting.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, September 16, 2022 - 12:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I am allergic to sulfates in food, i.e. garlic, onions. I would have had to eat and vomit to survive. Raw onions and garlic come through my skin and stink. The bigger side effect is to make me sleepy, very very sleepy. I ate at a restaurant called garlic rose where they put garlic in all dishes. I slept for three days. Thank goodness it was close to home, I barely made it.

The lemon juice probably made it worse. Every Crack in your lips would be painful.

Enzio should learn to float on his back. Less energy, less panic. Less water in the mouth. Just the cold.he might have made it.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Friday, September 16, 2022 - 1:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Infighting - and partying - are staples of the Challenge on MTV…so we did see that to a degree here. Appreciated those contestants who knew what The Challenge was like on MTV. Wish the partying/drinking wasn’t so present but that ship had sailed by first Real World Las Vegas, if not Chicago, and thus carried over into the Challenge.

Wish Enzo knew the elementary backstroke. That’s the only way I passed the swim test at camp…and literally took me til 6th grade to pass the test (annapolis native so I LOVE water, just physically impossible for me to swim regular freestyle)

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, September 16, 2022 - 9:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Actually the lemon juice actually would have made it better... since the acidity of the lemon cuts the potency of the onion.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, September 16, 2022 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I'm the same Sadies mom -- the onion would have killed me. I'd have reeked and been sick for days, even if I could have vomited it all up. Just so gross to even think about. I would have had to quit!

And yes, why didn't someone tell enzo to turn around and go backward. Lean back a bit and just kick your legs. You go faster and it helps keep your face out of the water more.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, September 17, 2022 - 4:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I finally watched my recording last night and I'm very confused about the money for the winners. (Of some note, this is the first time I've watched The Challenge so I'm clearly not getting something).

I was under the impression that for every person that dropped out their bank went to whoever completed the race. I thought with Danny and Sarah winning, they would have won each $250,000 plus all the banks from everyone dropping out. But Danny only won $245,000 and I think Sarah won $255,000. Something isn't making sense to me because there was easily $100K left over in everyone's banks after they paid to run the final.

What would have happened if a third person had completed the race?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, September 17, 2022 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
The third person only got to keep the money they earned during the competition.

The money earned during the season was *subtracted* from the pool of winners' money ($500,000).

So, at the end, Danny got to keep whatever he earned, and Sarah got to keep what she earned. That was subtracted from the $500,000 and the remainder was divided between them.

Had a third person won, that would have reduced the amount of money divided between Danny and Sarah, because the 3rd (and 4th, etc) place winners would have kept the money they earned during the season.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, September 17, 2022 - 9:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yep. The entire pot was $500,000. That's it and no more. So once everyone who finished got their bank, whatever was left would be divided between the two winners. Tyson discussed this in an interview -- said they were basically lied to and told it was $500 K for each winner. Sounds like this show is very poorly produced. I still enjoyed watching it!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, September 17, 2022 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
OOOOhhhhhh... now I "get it." Thanks Kar and Brenda!!!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, September 17, 2022 - 12:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
What I'm confused about...they said that production allowed Sarah to skip final two puzzles. I'm not sure what that means. If that is true, perhaps that means that she didn't quit? But that she sat there shivering unable to move and they finally told her just go to finish line?? Hence why she was so confused, thinking everyone left.

If that was the case....then Danny should have gotten the whole pot of money. At the very least, Sarah should have gotten only the money she accrued from previous challenges.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, September 17, 2022 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
https://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/2022/09/challenge-usa-final-shocking-claims/

Now I'm really shaking my head.....

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, September 17, 2022 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Yeah... now I'm starting to read all kinds of stuff that went down in the finale (that I avoided because I hadn't watched the finale until last night). I'm shaking my head at what I'm reading. And some of it has to do with the "$500K" prize.

Interview with Tyson

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, September 17, 2022 - 2:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I can totally understand how so many ended up quitting...

Kappy

06-28-2002

Saturday, September 17, 2022 - 2:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Apparently Sara was allowed to 'time out' of the first puzzle and continue up the mountain. She claims to have finished the Sudoku puzzle in under 15 minutes but no one beyond the producers saw it.

Tyson had assumed that he would be allowed to 'time out' of the Sudoku and at least finish running up the mountain but they kept telling him no. He asked if there were actual rules laid out and was told yes. He asked if he could see a copy of those rules and was told no because they were in the producer's head, not anywhere on paper. The only instructions given for the Sudoku puzzle were "finish the pattern" which is why Domenick and Justine, who have never done Sudoku before, didn't even try. The longer you stand around without moving in that weather, the more the cold is going to affect you. I totally get why they all quit.

I think the producers knew they were in trouble if only Danny finished so Sarah was given the chance to make it appear like she had done the puzzles and then finish the run. When they filmed her at the top of the mountain, it didn't even look like the same day.

I just felt the entire finale was hinky as I watched it and then when I listened to the poscast with Ali and Brian at Rob Has a Podcast, they were basically saying the same things. The producers should be embarrassed.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, September 17, 2022 - 3:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yep

I have been doing Sudoko for years. The instructions are rather simple. But before I actually did one, I hadn't the foggiest idea how to go about it.

There is actually a strategy (ITTT) to completing a Sodoku puzzle in a time constraint. Giving them the simple instructions of HOW to do it would not have guaranteed the completion of the puzzle, but at least we would have had a competition.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, September 17, 2022 - 4:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Sarah did finish the sodoku, there was no timing out on that leg. I think that was because it was the last leg?

There were time outs on several of the other legs, the first puzzle that Sarah timed out on, and the decoder one.

That's because they have to move on to the next leg.

Tyson seems to be the biggest complainer, which doesn't surprise me. I'm not sure I believe all of what he said, altho I suppose some of it could be true. It sounds a bit like sour grapes on his part, since he *expected* to win.

Usually however, there are instructions on those kinds of puzzles that would say something like each row has to add up to 15 and you can't repeat numbers.

I do wonder if the producers weren't that fond of Tyson either. (Which isn't fair by the way).

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, September 17, 2022 - 5:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I agree that Tyson can be a certain type of personality. But there have been quite a few complaints and quite a few people confirming the same info. So I tend to believe what is being said by all.

And of course Sarah and Danny can't say anything. They have to go on and play World finale. Oh, I think I just answered my own question. They HAD to have a female and a male winner. That's why Danny couldn't have won it all and they had to bend rules to qualify Sarah.

That now raises another question. If neither male nor female contestant makes it to the end....would that country be disqualified from being in WORLD Challenge? Or are we going get a final show full of people that really didn't come in first...they just didn't quit the competition. Even if they didn't complete the last 2 or 3 challenges .

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, September 17, 2022 - 5:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Well, I havent seen the "quite a few" confirming these things. I have only seen two stories, both of which rely heavily on Tyson, one of which just quotes the first story without giving it credit (which is unethical also).

I don't doubt that some things went wrong, but I just don't think they were AS wrong as Tyson is making it out to be.

Sarah won fair and square. She timed out on the first puzzle (no way they would know how many would quit later on), and she says herself that she finished the sodoku. I believe her. I didn't see any bending of rules? Am I missing something?

I'm sure if everyone quit, they would have awarded the wins to the highest point earners. That was within their decision making ability. So I'm not seeing some conspiracy here.

That's just how I see it. :-)

Kappy

06-28-2002

Saturday, September 17, 2022 - 5:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
No one said there was any conspiracy but rather there was horribly shoddy production.

The way I see it, Danny is the one true champion with Kiki in 2nd.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, September 17, 2022 - 5:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
There are quite a few recounts out there. It's easy to Google them. And Twitter, granted some of the ones I'm on are private.

I never reveal any information I learned on a private account or from people behind the lines. All I can say is...wait...we will see

Kappa is right. Shoddy Production not a conspiracy. No one including Tyson is saying that

And I guess theoretically you can't bend the rules.. if there are no rules for anybody to read and bend them LOL and they make them up as they go along?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, September 17, 2022 - 6:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Okay, I was just confused about the comments about Sarah. Maybe I misunderstood. It sounded like folks were saying they handed it to her to have a win -- "bending the rules" for her.

But the first puzzle, like other legs along the way, had a timeout feature. It wasn't just for Sarah. They always have timeouts for the intermediate legs. That's not new.

The last leg has no timeout because it IS the last leg. You either finish or you don't. The Challenge has always been that way. So I don't see any rule bending that enabled Sarah to win.

I will give you poor production. But the Challenge has always been that way. They don't show times as they go, the editing isn't great, and typically the shows are longer than an hour, so they had to cut a lot out for this version, compared to the MTV version.

And yes, I know how to Google, I'm just not interested enough to do it. The Tyson account was posted here... twice. Not sure why the others can't be too. :-)