TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 15, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: The Challenge: The Challenge: USA: Archive through September 15, 2022 users admin

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, September 14, 2022 - 9:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The only people that I was really disappointed in was Enzo and especially Angela. She simply gave up for no good reason from what I could see. Yes the others "quit" but they were physically and mentally exhausted.

Good question though about what they would have done if they had all quit the final challenge. My guess is they would have stated that the conditions were too difficult and they would have come up with another challenge to determine the winners.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, September 14, 2022 - 10:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I'm guessing they would have just gone by the point totals at the last check point.

I'm glad they DQ'd Angela. I have no idea why she thought she could just not do the task and take last place. The others that came in last and "timed out" were still TRYING! Arrogance. It was hard to see the others quit, esp Kayla -- I really wanted her to win. But gosh those conditions were just brutal. I wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes. I was really happy with who won. both were so deserving!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, September 14, 2022 - 11:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I agree they should (and did) count what Angela did as a quit, but they should have given her, as one person, half the gravel that they gave the couples. Same with remembering 10 numbers, they should have cut Justine's to five.

Whatever they did, both of those were guaranteed losses for that leg, whereas for the other two single legs, except for getting motivation from your partner, it didn't make a difference whether single or double.

Also they should have delayed the last leg in the snow until the next day. If your contestants haven't felt their toes for two days that's not a good thing.

Yey for Danny, I like him. I don't think it's fair to say he won by default, he was top or near top in most legs, and completed them all. When it came down to it, he just beat the others. And happy that Tyson quit, his ego needed to be taken down a peg or two.

Spear

08-05-2001

Thursday, September 15, 2022 - 12:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spear a private message Print Post    
Angela did mention that she had less dirt to move than everyone else.

Tiernet

06-07-2004

Thursday, September 15, 2022 - 5:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tiernet a private message Print Post    
DQ'd Angela - I thought it was a good strategic move myself but production should have said something to her about how she would be quitting because given that option I dont think she would have stopped. That was 30+grand and I dont think knowingly she would have stopped.

Which leads me to a question on why there are time limits on some of the challenges and not on others? It would be a form of quiting. It is what Survivor Rob did to the Amazing Race with getting others to take the penalty.

Then I also question on the weather, Sara was pretty close to hypothermic.

They never did show her "completed" puzzle which makes me wonder.

They never showed if there were replacement clothes which leads me to believe there weren't any.

I know fragmented thoughts but hey...

Tiernet

06-07-2004

Thursday, September 15, 2022 - 6:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tiernet a private message Print Post    
Additionally, when are they (cbs) going to give up on paramount+

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Thursday, September 15, 2022 - 6:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
part of me was like why in the world did they all quit but at the same time i totally understand if you cannot go on, you can't go on, physically.

I so would have loved Kayla to win but super happy for Sarah - and Danny totally deserved it. He was killing everything and breezed through that first puzzle.

Just need to restate how thrilled i am for Sarah. As someone who finished in last place in EVERY single track race in 8th grade, I know firsthand what it feels like to be not only last, but long way from anyone else. So to keep going when you think you have no chance takes a special internal drive - and so happy Sarah stayed true to herself and wanted to cross that finish line no matter what.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, September 15, 2022 - 9:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I don't think Danny or Sarah won by default. I think they won because they wouldn't quit. They earned it.

And I'm not surprised Tyson, the braggart, quit.

Legal, I was rooting for Kayla too.

Kitt, they did give Angela less dirt to move, however, don't know if it was "half" specifically. I agree Justine should have been given half the numbers.

I think they were just fixing on the fly when Ben was medically DQ'd, and didn't think everything thru.

Jimmer, I presume if everyone quit, they might have awarded the wins to those who had the most points?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, September 15, 2022 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, what was the point of the points? Could, theoretically, the third place male at the flag have beaten the first place male at the flag, if they'd had more points? I guess so.

My guess is if Danny hadn't been a point ahead of Tyson at the last challenge (I think that's what Tyson said), Tyson would NOT have quit, but he knew he couldn't catch Danny so knew he couldn't beat him on points, and wouldn't win even if he did it. And seeing others quit gave him permission, emotionally. I also wondered if he thought maybe they would rerun the last leg if enough of them quit.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, September 15, 2022 - 12:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Except by quitting they also lost all the money they had earned during the whole season... so it wasn't just about winning/being first?

Instead all the money they had accumulated went to Danny and Sarah. And I think Tyson had the most.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, September 15, 2022 - 12:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I didn't like the "bank" of accumulating pot of money...that then is taken out of the actual winners pot. Theoretically could impact the final pot by quite a bit. I prefer a 1st, 2nd, 3rd money prize. And in this case, if there are no other people crossing the finish line...they ADD the other 2 spots money to 1st place pot. The points thing was just confusing.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, September 15, 2022 - 1:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
The points thing was confusing... however in recent challenges, they have done it by time not points, which makes it much more difficult for someone to catch up. Often made the finale boring in that the winner was determined early on unless someone made a huge error later. That's why I liked the points version, it meant that people who finished last in a leg still had a chance of winning.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, September 15, 2022 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I agree that Tyson quit because he knew he couldn't beat Danny to the top and wouldn't get first place. So he gave up. I think I'm most disappointed in his quitting because he's such a braggart.

Danny and Sarah both WON! Not by default. Danny was kicking it in many of the legs. I think he had the most points up until the last leg. And Sara, to finish when you think you are dead last. Wow. That's impressive. And yes, I think they did show her last puzzle.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, September 15, 2022 - 2:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Well, seeing how the point of Challenge USA is to go on to a World finale comp from different countries...I'm assuming it might not be as attractive as the MTV Challenge. MTVs prize was 1 Million $$$. USA 500K...that's 250K each max. If the others had finished that would have taken...I did not add it up but, at least 100K or more off the winning amount. Now making it less than 200K. Minus taxes...120k or less? Then they have commitment to compete in ANOTHER competition.

Is it just one competition or a series? lol How long does it take all these other countries to come up with their winners? Unless the grand prize is 3 million $$$ it just might be part of the reason for so many quitting? Too much of a future commitment. They haven't even renewed a season 2 yet. Were they planning a season two?

I haven't listened to all the interviews yet. Particularly interesting will be Mark Longs...who will get to the bottom of this mess.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, September 15, 2022 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Tremendously happy for Danny taking the win in the end. He did it through sheer hard work and maintaining a positive outlook. I was really disappointed at making them pair up to the end. I felt for Desi not even being able to get a chance because of Enzo. I was so rooting for Justine and Cayla and felt for anyone who has never done a sudoku before. I have found Sara insufferable for quite awhile now so while I give her credit for climbing 10 miles at that altitude, it's all I will give her credit for.

I started out really enjoying this show until they felt the need to hype up the whiners, the gossips and the cliques. Then the hinky stuff began with not actually seeing some doing their tasks at all or as in the final challenge - time limits on some tasks but not others, etc. That all kind of killed it for me.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, September 15, 2022 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I didn't mind the "timing out". Both times it was single gals who were still trying, but lagged far behind. I think it's okay to just say "okay, you're in last" because they were last. But what Angela did was just not okay. The others were taking turns hauling dirt and resting. She had less dirt. If she had even tried -- like done an hour of hauling then an hour of rest, back and forth, etc. through the night, then I bet they would have let her "time out" and just be in last place. But really would not have been fair at all to the pairs who traded off hauling all night and really worked hard, while she slept all night.

This is different than when Rob got so many teams to take a penalty. on TAR it was a time penalty and the last place team got eliminated. In this game, quitting a task means you're eliminated. Last place just means less points.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, September 15, 2022 - 2:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I had no issues with Angela being put out but I will say that since even the players didn't seem to know that that would happen, the 'rules' seemed to be whatever the producers decided as they went along.

Missyb

07-28-2004

Thursday, September 15, 2022 - 3:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
Next challenge ( regular) has Big Brothers Tommy Bracco and Anaylse Talveres.
Interesting pair. Kaycee Clark is playing with her brother and her partner is playing with Johnny B.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, September 15, 2022 - 3:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Ok, so Josh Martinez has been working out like fiend...he is in phenomenal shape. Wondering if he is gonna be on a Challenge?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, September 15, 2022 - 3:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I thought they were very clear in the broadcast, that no quitting was permitted?

Angela quit. No different than Enzo.

Since, Josh has been on several seasons of the Challenge now. Kaycee has been on two as well.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, September 15, 2022 - 4:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Karuuna I have been watching the MTV Challenge since it's inception. Along with every Real World and Road Rules and Fresh Meat comps. So I know the cast of characters very well. Lol

Josh was never my favorite either in BB or MTV Challenge. But now I figured there must be a reason he is finally getting in shape?

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, September 15, 2022 - 5:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Ooooo new MTV Challenge is called Ride or Die. I'm all in. Johnny Bananas, Nani,Jordan, Tori....and TURBO is back! He got banned after his season! He's back...this should be good

We need a new thread for new show! October 12th

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, September 15, 2022 - 5:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Since, you asked if Josh was going to be on a Challenge? Like you didn't know? The last one I watched that he was on, he was in significantly better shape as I recall. So he's already been working out in order to do better. <shrugs shoulders>

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, September 15, 2022 - 5:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
By the way, Tyson is saying in interviews that he'd never done a Sodoku, and didn't know how, and there were no instructions. I was thinking it was pretty clear he didn't know what he was doing. He said he thought he would time out eventually and be able to go on.

He also said that no one actually finished the digging challenge.. that at some point, production just wrapped it up and called it based on how much each team had done.

But then he says Sarah and Dom did actually finish it?

I'm not sure what to believe with Tyson.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, September 15, 2022 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
So this was not something I enjoyed, just got sucked in because some BB people were on.

But just listened to part of a podcast and they said that there was a sign that Angela did not see (and maybe no one else noticed, but it was there and said a quit would be a DQ.

I think it was not fair to have only women play alone (besides the end part. Production knew about the injury and should have brought alternates along to Patagonia since they knew Ben was injured and knew that was being evaluated.

Danny was a likeable winner.