TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 11, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: The Challenge: The Challenge: USA: Archive through August 11, 2022 users admin

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, July 31, 2022 - 6:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I love this host! I was LOLing with him everytime he hit the button to drop them!

This show is great! I hope they do it yearly with our fav and even our not so fav CBS stars

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Sunday, July 31, 2022 - 6:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
The trivia challenge is always TJ’s favorite part of every season of the normal Challenge franchise.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, July 31, 2022 - 8:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Well 32 shows means some of the contestants are really old. TAR has not been on often in the last few years. One way to know it was there was a time where I was determined to be on it, but I could never find anyone I could trust to be on it with me and I tried. My friends were either not interested or curious, but would not put any effort into it. Not effort means they would not be determined. My after college roommate would have stubborn moments when she would not do something because I did not ask it right. It was a quirk, but a very annoying one. I would have to try over and over until she was happy with the request.

a couple of friends just did not like getting dirty. another had a weight problem, a really big weight problem. She would be go, but walked slow, never ran. I know how to drive a stick shift and I could not find anyone to go with me. so annoying. The guys I knew felt I should go with my husband. He was only interested in the bottle back then.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, August 03, 2022 - 10:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
This is my first time ever watching this show, and I am liking it, because I know a lot of the players. I am already finding the algorithm pair-matching part of it pretty boring, though, so I pretty much skip that part.

I watched tonight's show. OMG, Tyson!!!

OMG all the people who got paired with people who did not know how to swim.

OMG all the non-swimmers who paid back their assigned partners.

OMG, Sarah at the end.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, August 04, 2022 - 7:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I follow Tyson on Twitter. I absolutely love him and his attitude about life. Fun fact… he’s a big Pickleball player! I’m not sure I’d want to be across the net from him.
I’ve always loved Sarah on Survivor. Maybe this is her game. Her up against Tyson could be epic tv.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, August 04, 2022 - 8:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I'm hoping Sara gets paired with Tyson next week.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, August 04, 2022 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Sara was crazy scary at the end! LOL Kappy, that will be great!

I never watched Love Island but I really like all of them.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, August 04, 2022 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
With Leo, He may not strain to win, but he is not that close to losing. Except for his corny jokes, I think he is a good player, he came in second last week.

I think the winner wants to put Tyson in or Tyson puts someone in that causes a problem

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, August 04, 2022 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Tyson really is amazing. I follow him now on Insta too, and he seems like a really good dad.
I so wanted Derek to win the challenge last night. It's amazing that Tyson had to drag his partner, repeat part of the task, and still was able to win!
Leo may be a cornball, but he seems to have some decent game strategy. I hope he continues to prove them wrong.
And Sara -- she's not one you want to cross! I love this show!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, August 04, 2022 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I wanted Derek to win too, Brenda. They really mucked up at the puzzle tho.

Leo was *awesome* in the elimination round, his smarts saved him and Sarah.

Tyson was pretty impressive in that challenge. Still don't like him, but gotta give him props.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, August 05, 2022 - 5:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Swimming is hard enough without having to deal with the river current. I would have never understood how to win the elimination challenge. Leo was extremely impressive. Sarah might have dragged him across the river, but he won that elimination challenge.

I can't help but wonder if Sarah didn't badmouth Leo after the challenge, if Tyson and his partner would have put someone else up instead.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, August 05, 2022 - 6:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Tyson was really amazing! How the heck did he drag Cashay back and forth 4 times and still came in 1st!

I wish that production would film the comps the same way they do on MTV Challenge. I find myself not knowing who is where...an overhead drone with some little arrows and names as the do on the other show would help us see everyone's place.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, August 06, 2022 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I never watch Love Island and am not drawn to any of them.

Haven't watched any Challenge in years and calling the pairing up the algorithm imply some built in bias rather than random pairing.

I have only seen Leo on his first reality outings. I gather that he has a following but I wouldn't mind seeing him leave.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, August 06, 2022 - 10:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
My guess would be that the algorithm is pairing up couples composed of a man and a woman who have not been paired before and perhaps pairing stronger players with weaker players. That is how I would do it anyway, and it probably wouldn't be difficult to write that algorithm. Seamonkey, I bet you and I and Sadiesmom at a minimum could have written that algorithm in either Cobol or Fortran IV or both 55-ish years ago.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, August 07, 2022 - 9:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yes, the algorithm is specifically set not to repeat partners until they run out of unique pairings. I think the rest is random.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, August 07, 2022 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
This is a very intense show with some serious competitors. Tyson is unreal.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, August 07, 2022 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I was never a big Tyson fan but I am loving him on this. I don't remember him being such a challenge beast on Survivor...but my memory isn't great. Survivor is my fav show but I usually have to google who won the last season when they new season starts lol

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, August 07, 2022 - 2:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I’d love to see Jonathan (from the most recent Survivor) playing this!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, August 07, 2022 - 3:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Oh ..Jimmer you are so right! He would do ridiculously well. But he has to be a little more cutthroat in order to make it with all these conniving people LOL

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, August 07, 2022 - 6:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, he would be great! I would love to see if Tyson could beat Jonathan

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, August 07, 2022 - 11:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Tyson would beat Jonathan today, but could teach Jonathan to become Tyson II.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, August 08, 2022 - 5:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Pamy, Tyson won his fair share of challenges. I have always loved him. I "get" his sense of humor. The season that Tyson won, a lot of the other Survivors said Tyson was actually one of the nicest people you could ever meet and his social game was strong.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, August 08, 2022 - 6:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
That is good to know :-)

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, August 11, 2022 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
So my fan cards for Sarah and Leo are definitely beat up right now compared to a few weeks ago. Leo's nearly made it to the trash can. Then you have Miss carry-me-through-the-entire-comp-so-I-can-throw-you-under-the-bus Cashay. Did she even do the comp considering it was once again in the water? She needs to be paired up with Leo. Now that, Sarah, would be karma!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, August 11, 2022 - 3:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Personally, my fan card for Enzo (if I had one), went to the trash heap. Not even trying the jump, really?

And saving Tyson yet again.

And by the way, didn't have a fan card for Tyson, but would have trashed it after his threat of saying that if someone came for him, he'd get them out of the game, even if it meant losing his own chance at the money. Poor sport, as I've said before.

Kappy as for Sarah and Leo, Leo has always been annoying. While I like the idea of Cashay pairing with Leo, that just makes them an easy target.

I want to see some of the top players (ahem, Tyson) in the elimination round. Make them work for it!

And I was so bummed to see Derek go home, but they really messed up by not piling up the tires well.. and blew their gifted advantage.