TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 14, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: The Challenge: The Challenge: USA: Archive through September 14, 2022 users admin

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Monday, August 22, 2022 - 4:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Beyonce would have been tricky since she has studio and live albums. Adele only has had four (studio) albums.

I checked just for fun and Angelina Jolie and Madonna both have six kids

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, August 22, 2022 - 7:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Well, just like Beyonce, I wouldn't have known how many albums Adele had BECAUSE ALL HER SONGS SOUND ALIKE!!!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, August 22, 2022 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
LOL Lexie girl. I just knew they were guessing too high for some of these things.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, August 29, 2022 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Here I was thinking that Leo was a poor sport... he says he had a concussion. However, back to being a poor sport, he claims that he actually won the competition, but the show gave the win to Ben because it was a better storyline. Interesting. There was always something fishy about them not showing the actual times during the competition.

The article also says that it was Ben's temper that caused the extra security. That surprised me.

After the episode aired, Leo shared that he didn’t return to the arena was because he wasn’t able to stand and needed to go to the hospital. “That’s why I was sitting,” he explained in an interview with TV Insider. “And that’s why I say there’s no point of going inside because the ambulance had just got there. I had to go get myself checked out, and I got a concussion.” Leo added:

https://heavy.com/entertainment/mtv-the-challenge/leo-temory-production-ben-criticism/

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, August 29, 2022 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
And you know what Kar, I believe Leo. I remember Ben's season of Survivor - how he happened to "find" that advantage that helped him make the finals. The other survivors called bullshit on that because where Ben "found" it was the exact spot he sat every morning for 36 days (and there was a sign that said "dig here"). The other survivors said that production did everything in their power to put Ben in the finals.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Monday, August 29, 2022 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
LEXIE Are you in for football this season????

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, August 29, 2022 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Thanks for sharing that Karuna. Hate it when production holds back important info like that. I'm not surprised at all that he had a concussion. What an awful contest that was.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, August 29, 2022 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Lexie, I'm not sure, but it is quite possible that they do play favorites. The fact that they don't show the times as they elapse is suspicious.

Brenda, honestly I hate hall brawl and the other eliminations that make them beat the crap out of each other.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, August 29, 2022 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
yeah, i don't consider a task like that a real test of your skills and endurance.
It's so interesting about having to bring security in. Sersiouly these people need to get a grip. This is a game. It shouldn't feel like a prison where your life is a risk if you go to sleep.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, August 29, 2022 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Yes I am Scoots!!!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, August 29, 2022 - 12:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
After the last several years of watching "reality" TV....and I have been watching since An American Family in early 70s. I watched every Real World, Eco Challenge, Frontier House (and all others on PBS), The Mole, Utopia, Road Rules, Challenge, BB, Survivor, Amazing Race...you name it, I've watched it.

I have come to the conclusion that they should no longer call it reality TV. There is very little that lands on our viewers plate that has to do with reality. Maybe Fantasy or Illusion TV? To better represent what we actually are presented with... only after the edited and produced episode is what they end up serving us.

Don't even get me started on the shows that have people on them that concoct and fuel storylines for the sole benefit of staying "relevant". Real Housewives comes to mind.

We are at the point now where we can't trust anything we see or hear. Reality TV. There is nothing real about it. I just have to look at the people appearing on them as paid actors in a soap opera. There has to be a plot outline. There has to be a protagonist an antagonist. You then need conflict and motivation. All the classic how-tos for a proper plot. Then they manipulate the people to fit the story.

As long as I keep chanting to myself that nothing is real...I can get through these shows. But I am disappointed that we have so deviated from the truth that there are sometimes two completely different "realities" going on at the same time with seemingly less and less having to do with actual events.

It is just entertainment....at best.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, August 29, 2022 - 9:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I just had a DUH moment on Leo being picked for the elimination comp and going home this week. Last week he had his bag packed and was voluntarily quitting because he was losing too much money at home. Then Alyssa cried that he couldn’t quit and ruin her game. Makes sense of the odd happenings the following week, and then he goes home.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, August 30, 2022 - 5:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
So perhaps production didn't give him the win since he wanted to go home the week before.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, August 30, 2022 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Maybe Lexie, but they had no idea that he would be picked for elimination. But if he was, hall brawl was a sure loss for him.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, August 30, 2022 - 11:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
This was a tough series for Leo.

Did Leo explain why he felt he won?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, August 30, 2022 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, the article explains it. He just was sure he finished faster. I don't know how he would know. Ten seconds difference doesn't seem like a lot of time.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, August 31, 2022 - 11:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Leo was on a podcast with Taran and Rob. He explained that he has these busnisses and production had promised him a specified daily (or regular) phone call but then that didn't happen. There would be problems with the calls and then problems with other producers not living up to the arrangement.

So the day he decided to go home he really wasn't thinking about the effect on Alyssa. When she pointed it out, he said then he had to stay.

As for this week.. I just really don't like Sarah but she's not the only one.

This is the first season I've watched in many years, because of the Big Brother people, esp Derek X, and I realizw why I stopped watching.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, September 14, 2022 - 7:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Two hour show tonight!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, September 14, 2022 - 7:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
what a great 2 hrs this has been!!

Cathie

08-16-2000

Wednesday, September 14, 2022 - 7:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cathie a private message Print Post    
I was not surprised that Angela was disqualified—to me it was the same as Enzo not finishing his task.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, September 14, 2022 - 7:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I dont know what she was thinking!

Justine has impressed me so much and has become one of my favs

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, September 14, 2022 - 8:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
So happy for the winners. What an unexpected ending for some of them

Cathie

08-16-2000

Wednesday, September 14, 2022 - 8:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cathie a private message Print Post    
Great ending!

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, September 14, 2022 - 8:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree it was a fantastic finale. I was pretty disappointed that Angela decided to not attempt the task and I think it was only fair that she was disqualified. It was exactly the same situation as Enzo (or if Kayla had been unable to complete the previous task). I can't imagine how she thought that was a good idea or how she thought that would be acceptable in a challenge like this one.

I found Tyson and Angela entertaining and they certainly have amazing skills and ability but their arrogance was a bit off-putting.

I'm very happy with Danny and Sara winning. Danny seems like such a great person and Sarah never gave up no matter what. So nice to see that rewarded.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Wednesday, September 14, 2022 - 9:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
I’m of the opposite view- I thought it was one of the worst finales I’ve seen in a while. Sarah and Danny basically won by default (and some questionable decisions by the producers, though the Angela DQ was justifiable). And imagine if they had quit too- who would the producers send to the World Challenge P+ show?