TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 21, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: The Challenge: The Challenge: USA: Archive through August 21, 2022 users admin

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, August 11, 2022 - 5:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
What am I missing? Angela said she had already been with Leo. TJ said the perfect algorithm machine pairs them when it is mathematically possible. I'm not professing to be strong in mathematical statistics....but how is it possible that would only happen to ONE couple? Any math whizzes out there?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, August 11, 2022 - 6:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Sincebb1... Leo and Alyssa were the last team to be paired. So, the algorithm continued making unique pairings until it couldn't any more. After the algorithm had made new pairings, it was out of males that Alyssa had not been with.

I imagine next week, we'll see a lot more repeats. There are only 8 of each left, and they've been at this for 8 weeks.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, August 11, 2022 - 6:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
The chart on this wikipedia page, shows who has been paired with who. Altho I'm confused since Alyssa is not shown that she was with Leo before?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Challenge:_USA

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, August 11, 2022 - 6:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Oh, I don't think that chart is correct. It shows Angela and Domenick paired together twice?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, August 11, 2022 - 6:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The podcasters on RHAP for the challenge think the algorithm it going one person at a time and a bit over simplified and seems to go male by male but isn't avoiding repetition. I don't know and haven't been interested enough in the show to care and the political wrangling seems to have more impact on who goes home.

The interview with Derek and his pair today implied that there was A LOT going on in terms of intimidation. They said outside security guards were brought in after the previous elimination.

And again, firt time I've watched the Challenge since way way back when Ruthie from BB first went on it, but some of these people.. it is like going on Survivor without knowing how to swim or Amazing Race and not even learning to drive standard transmission. If you have a fear prepare ahead to get over it. Learn to swim. Jump from heights into water, climb ladders. And at least TRY. If Enzon had just TRIED, they wouldn't have been last. Yes saved Tynson.

Darek did say everyone was terrified of Tyson being in the last comp and coming back.

They also said that they were pretty much forced to go out after every competition but that has only aired once. Derek joked that it was because they are all so tired and beat up that they just sit there and are not entertaining.

Derek's parter was really hurting. She said she spent the whole day using tiger balm and other stuff from the medics and that having to run on sand really made it harder. The pols they said were 10 feet so Derek had to do more of the tall work. They screwed up on the stacking but the thought actually was that Derek would keep stacking in the middle for the high stacks so she could stick to the lower stacks around the edge. Clearly this didn't work for them. Too bad. Derek is a favorite of mine.

Derek said that Alyssa was his ride or die and that when Xavier was out that was a good thing

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, August 11, 2022 - 6:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Wow... on the security.

The MTV version of the Challenge has evenings out too, but I think the show is 90 minutes, not 60.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, August 11, 2022 - 7:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
They always had security on the MTV show. I think they had 3 burly guys assigned just to (the old) CT. Lol There were both guys and girls that would get in each other's face.

I don't really see any of this bunch getting into fisticuffs with each other. But we will see...

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, August 11, 2022 - 8:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It's a pretty heated competition and a lot of these people are aggressive players.

I enjoyed this episode (and I'm enjoying the season) but I was pretty disappointed that Derek and Shannon were nominated and eliminated. They had a real chance to go after Tyson and they didn't go for it. Pretty weak game play.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, August 12, 2022 - 5:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
SinceBB1, TJ did say at the beginning that at some point, they would be paired with someone twice, but not two weeks in a row.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, August 12, 2022 - 8:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yes, I was ready for the repairing, but I thought it would work out to be more than just one couple at a time. Curious to see how it pans out next week

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, August 12, 2022 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Sincebb1, I've checked charts all over, and it appears that Alyssa was also paired with Domenick twice but didn't complain.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, August 12, 2022 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Oh so the repeat coupling already began? That's interesting. I wonder why TJ didn't tell Angela that?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, August 12, 2022 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I don't know, Sincebb1. I'm a little confused about it all myself.

Maybe TJ didn't remember himself? He's never been quite the same since his accident. He has recovered a lot, but I do see a different TJ pre and post accident.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, August 12, 2022 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
You are right about that. I have observed changes even in his personality.

Yes, it is all quite confusing. Lol

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, August 12, 2022 - 7:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Derek told RHAP that there was added security, beyond the Challenge security.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, August 17, 2022 - 6:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
ugh, so irritated!!!! the winning team had way easier questions! I wanted them to lose!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Saturday, August 20, 2022 - 8:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I'm still enjoying it but not quite as much. I was enjoying this over the regular challenge because of the fact that they weren't getting drunk every week. Now I feel like the producers are trying to force that same type of mentality and the fighting that goes with it on these players. These are not the same type of personalities and it's why I was enjoying it.

I'm not a Cashay fan at all but why did the heck did she have to get down on her knees while crying and apologize to policewoman Sara last week? I'm over Sara.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, August 20, 2022 - 2:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I did not think one team had an easier time with it. I knew some answers right up but not the number of albums or marriages of any singer. Cow's stomach. knew right away. Madonna, not of any interest.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, August 20, 2022 - 3:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I only knew the answer to number of albums because there were a bunch of news headlines earlier this month when Beyonce released her 7th (and first since 2016).

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, August 21, 2022 - 4:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I agree. I didn't think one team had easier answers than the other. I would have no clue how many times someone in Hollywood has been married. I also didn't know how many albums Beyonce released because I only know one song by her (Single Ladies).

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, August 21, 2022 - 5:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I thought the quesstion was number of albums by Adele. But yes, either way, some of those were hard. I wish they had told the answers. I think Madonna has been married twice -- my guess. Second guess would be three times.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, August 21, 2022 - 5:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yes, Madonna was married twice. Guy Richie and Sean Penn. Was cracking me up they were putting 6 and 7 times

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, August 21, 2022 - 5:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Pretty sure it was Beyonce, because I would have had no idea for Adele.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, August 21, 2022 - 6:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
It was Adele. I wouldnt have know how many for either of them lol

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, August 21, 2022 - 6:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
It was Adele. Oh well.