TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Big Brother UK 2010

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2010: Big Brother UK 2010 users admin

BBUK2010Sum

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
ARCHIVESKitt1925 79 08-20-10  2:42 pm
Archive through August 20, 2010Cricket25 08-20-10  3:25 pm
Archive through August 20, 2010Cricket25 08-20-10  4:43 pm
Archive through August 21, 2010Kitt25 08-21-10  6:18 pm
Archive through August 22, 2010Kitt25 08-22-10  1:35 pm
Archive through August 24, 2010Sarasmile23 08-24-10  5:33 am
Archive through August 24, 2010Kitt25 08-24-10  1:03 pm
Archive through August 24, 2010Sarasmile25 08-24-10  1:36 pm
Archive through January 31, 2011Sarasmile24 01-31-11  11:33 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, January 31, 2011 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yeah I like Emma Willis a lot. She's got that enthusiasm you really need.

Five is special in that it's the only "new" broadcast channel since Ch4 in the mid-80s. However by the time it came around (about 10 years ago I guess) the signal could only be picked up in the big cities, and soon after that most people switched to cable and other options, and it never really gained viewers. So I guess it's seen as kind of a wannabe station, and desperate for attention, so yes indeed it could try and be a bit more extreme to catch new viewers. As it's broadcast not cable though, the daily tv shows will still be subject to the same restrictions, depending on what time of day it's broadcast.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Thursday, February 10, 2011 - 4:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
They're apparently very close to a deal- it'll be on a smaller scale, but the show will run longer:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/broadcasting/news/a303047/channel-5-closes-on-big-brother-deal.html

(I suspect they might announce a deal Monday- that's when they start a rebranding of the channel)

But Davina is out officially...

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a303093/mccall-i-wont-return-to-big-brother.html

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, February 11, 2011 - 7:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I have a friend who watches BBUK online. He is always telling me how awesome it is compared to the US version. I can't bear the thought of sitting at my computer and watching a TV show. I wish it were on BBC America.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, February 11, 2011 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It would be great to have easier tv access to it here. Don't see BBCAmerica hosting anything even remotely "live" though, plus it's on a competing network.

It'll be interesting to see what access there will be for live viewing this year (if it runs). I presume E4 won't have overnight live feeds as they're a Ch4 sister station, and Five would probably have to pay a lot to show the feeds there. Maybe Fiver will show it.

I wonder if the people who run/organise/staff the live feeds are even Ch4 employees, and new ones would have to be brought in. Maybe Endemol did everything and it's being sold in its entirety and it'll be a smooth transition.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Thursday, March 03, 2011 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
More news pointing to likelihood that BBUK will return... maybe this year, maybe next. This has just been released on hertsmere.gov.uk:

Hertsmere Council have granted FULL permission for the Big Brother house to remain at elstree until 30 September 2013. The S106 has been granted today (3rd March 2011).

Wonder if hold ups with this permission is why there's been no announcement yet. Wish they'd just make it official one way or another LOL

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, March 03, 2011 - 11:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I looked up the old audition dates, and they've started in January or February. If they're going to do a season this summer they're going to have to fast track the audition process. Mind you there's no reason why they have to start in June like normal, they could do a short season or a later season I guess, it's not like they have anything to limit them being on channel Five.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Friday, March 04, 2011 - 6:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
I've also heard that they are planning to start this summer with a Celebrity BB and the regular show won't come back until next year. If that's an option, then they won't need to do regular auditions until next winter. I think they get most of their celebrities pretty last minute so that would work well.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, March 04, 2011 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
That would be fun. They need to really get it right when they do their first regular BB, so the more planning time they have the better.

It seemed so difficult getting interesting celebrities for Ch4, I wonder who will do it for Five. I expect a lot of it depends on how much they're offering...

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, March 29, 2011 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
John and Josie have split up! Here's a tweet from Josie:

Josiestweet Josie Gibson
Me & John r on a break. We r going to see if we can work things out. We may, we may not. I will not be tweeting about our relationship again

They made it six months, which is more than a lot of BB couples. Weird to hear about them after all this time.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Tuesday, March 29, 2011 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
LOL, Kitt - I came here to post the same thing and you beat me to it!

I heard this: "Two of the main points of conflict the splitting couple admit to are John James' reluctance to take Josie out and her consumption of alcohol."

Actually surprised they made it as long as they did with those two things being their major issues.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, March 29, 2011 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'm still convinced he wasn't into her that way, just liked the companionship, so I can imagine there would be problems!

DS says that Josie has a reality show coming up soon. Wonder what the producers will think without John.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Tuesday, March 29, 2011 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
I think they already started shooting the reality show because it premieres in May. Some speculate that they will reunite in a couple of weeks, perfect timing for the start of the show. But if you believe that, you would have to believe that they drummed up this "romance" for publicity, so...

I never thought they had a real romantic involvement, but it's hard for me to believe either one of them has the gumption to plan out a public-romance-for-profit scenario.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, March 29, 2011 - 5:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Oh those cynics ;) ;).

I think she was in love with him, and recognised that money could be made, but she wasn't insincere in anything. And I think he really felt a lot for her, maybe wanted it to be romantic but really just wanted his mummy. And with his knowledge of the show I think he knew that a romance/fauxmance would serve him well. So I think the gumption was really more going with the flow, with perhaps a little manipulation from John.

Hmmm so nothing new lately about a summer BB...

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Thursday, March 31, 2011 - 6:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Ok, this has been driving me nuts - anyone watching Survivor? And if so, does David remind you of Mario? I realized that I had been calling him Mario in my head and had to correct myself! Then today, I went to a UK site where I catch up on gossip for Big Brother and saw a Survivor thread, popped in, and everyone was calling David "Moley"!!!! I was cracking up - it wasn't just me!!!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, March 31, 2011 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
!!! You're right! I hadn't noticed, but he really does!

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Thursday, March 31, 2011 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
It's just a matter of crossing the t's and dotting the i's now...looks like a short CBB run in the late summer, followed by a regular BB run in the fall and winter (then in 2012 beck to the normal format- CBB in the spring and regular BB in the summer). It's reported to be a five-year deal worth some £200 million...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/mar/31/big-brother-channel-5-to-sign-deal

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Thursday, March 31, 2011 - 12:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
I really didn't think we'd be seeing it this year. Hope it actually works out this time!! Wouldn't think negotiations would be that tough. It's not "Big Brother Negotiates World Peace" or anything :-)

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, March 31, 2011 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
There have been so many "almost" deals between the two that I actually thought it had been done already! I think they should do a late summer CBB but leave the regular BB until next year when people will be itching for it again. Sounds like they think it will be such a money maker they'll bring it back as soon as they can though.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Tuesday, April 05, 2011 - 2:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
DEAL!

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/bigbrother/news/a312964/big-brother-confirmed-for-channel-5-return.html

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, April 05, 2011 - 3:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I wish we could get the live feeds for this. I've never understood why they would block them.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Wednesday, April 06, 2011 - 2:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Well they are following the US version in one respect- they've upped the grand prize to £500,000.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/bigbrother/news/a313026/big-brother-prize-fund-increased-to-gbp500k.html

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Wednesday, April 06, 2011 - 6:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Watching the live feeds was possible, but not something you could count on being able to do all the time. It took some work. I'm hoping that it's not so difficult with Ch 5.

I can't read these articles because digitalspy is blocked on my work computer :-( but other information I've found is that there will be a telephone in the house and they are bringing back the golden ticket contest.
I read that "top of the wanted list" for CBB was Mohamed al-Fayed, while "a big money offer" would be made to Charlie Sheen.

Wondering why Mohamed al-Fayed would even consider being on a reality show... unless he still wants to get word out on his conspiracy theories about his son's and Princess Di's deaths.

Justin42

08-05-2001

Wednesday, April 06, 2011 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Justin42 a private message Print Post    
This was such exciting news, I figured BB UK would be back eventually, but I didn't expect it to almost be back at the regular time. ;)

We can only hope they take the parts that made BB UK great and turn it up a notch...

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 - 8:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'm just back from the UK... seems you get more info online than there is on tv there!

Mohammed Al-Fayed?!?! Surely not!

So August with celebs, and hopefully Emma Willis and Marcus Bentley! Looking forward to it if they can get some interesting celebs.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 - 8:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Oh forgot to say there was a "celebrity" Wipeout when I was there, and Chantelle was one of the celebs! The first obstacle was a bar with a rod thing spinning round (slowly) so you had to walk along and then jump over the bar once, twice if you were unlucky and caught it the other side. She stood just out of reach of the bar and started whining in a laughy way that she didn't want to do it! The clock was at six minutes and the the bar had really slowed down before she jumped (they'd shown other competitors then gone back to her)... it was pretty hilarious. Then after that she went through some really nasty obstacles (gross pots of mock food and so on) without too much bother! She was obviously the slowest person but she was certainly entertaining!

reading this back - maybe you had to be there!

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Thursday, April 21, 2011 - 11:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Hope you had a great trip, Kitt! Chantelle is really popular, isn't she? She seems so real and naturally funny. She's been in the news a lot because of her rather public break up with a recent boyfriend. I hope she finds someone worthy of her.

All the stuff I find online could just be a lot of malarky too! But I love how the excitement grows slowly over the months leading up to the UK BB - that anticipation is not quite as noticeable for the US BB

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Thursday, April 21, 2011 - 7:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Oh my... I'm watching an On Demand special about Prince William and Kate from TLC. Ben Duncan of all people is on it as a "former student" from the school Prince William went to (St. Andrews?) LOL - such a shock to see him!!!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, April 21, 2011 - 8:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Thanks, it was a good trip :-). Yeah, Chantelle is very likeable, even if you think she's a bit, well, irritating at times. I think she's honest with her motivations so you know what you're getting.

Oh Ben! Wonder what he's up to! Should have known he'd be hobnobbing with royalty.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 12:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Oh poor John and Josie...

Josie Gibson has admitted that she has been struggling since she split from John James Parton last month.

The pair met in the Big Brother house last summer and after Josie went on to win the show, they moved in together and dated ever since.

However, they broke up just a few weeks ago, with the 25 year old Australian hunk moving home to Oz in a bid to escape the press attention in the UK.

<snip>

http://www.unrealitytv.co.uk/big-brother/big-brother-josie-gibson-is-finding-john-james-parton-split-really-really-hard/

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 5:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Seems that this article sort of proves that John James was only in a relationship with Josie to benefit his "career."

If anyone watches the show "There's Something about Josie" and finds out what that "something" is, please tell me :-)

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Monday, May 02, 2011 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
well she's a little different you Have to admit.

Doesnt seem too bright, usually has a laugh or a smile, she'd be good for a reality show.

However, Crabeyes/ Mr grumpypants does NOT add much to her other than constant bickering and arguing. Glad he's gone however, wonder how much of her money has disappeared? Bet they lived pretty high on the hog while they were swimming in the new winnings.

Havent been keeping up with the Rumors but I expect Josie didnt last long with the Exercise/ dieting. I expect that John James started running when he realized he was Stuck with the Mr Staypuff Man (ghostbusters reference LOL)

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, May 02, 2011 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Josie looks like someone else these days! Very slim and her face looks different - not sure if it's just loss of weight or photoshop. Here's a new article from the Star about the split, there are pics there too:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/posts/view/188933/Josie-Gibson-The-truth-about-my-Big-Brother-love-split-with-John-James-/

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert HG Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: