TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 24, 2010

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2010: Big Brother UK 2010: Archive through August 24, 2010 users admin

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Sunday, August 22, 2010 - 1:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
I've got that same feed Kitt - it's gotten a little better though!

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Sunday, August 22, 2010 - 2:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
A chef named Nancy Lam came in and prepared a huge fancy meal for the HMs. She was very cute - now they are all in the living room listening to a musical performance by Simon Webb. They have all said it has been a truly perfect day!

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Sunday, August 22, 2010 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Simon Webb gave Josie his sunglasses! She is just soooo excited!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, August 22, 2010 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I gave up on the show feed, will watch it later. I'm really happy for them having such a great day. I'm hoping the general joy of Josie, Mario and Andrew will give them lots of votes, and Dave will stand out as the miserable one. I'm ambivalent about JJ, he seems a bit like he's not that interested but overall he's ok.

Here's are the tv shows for the last couple of BB11 days. I'll put the UBB ones in the other thread.

Mon 23 August
5.10-6.30am Live Feed
10-10.30am BBLB
2-3.10pm Highlights
5-10pm Live Feed

Tue 24 August
5.20-6.30am Live Feed
10-10.25am BBLB
12-2.50pm The Final
Tonight we learn who takes the title of Big Brother winner, though in one final twist, after the winner is "crowned" by Davina McCall in front of a baying mob, "an exciting" line-up of some former housemates and Celebrity Big Brother contestants will arrive. A select few will join the winner in the house for a further fortnight, after which viewers vote for the ultimate housemate.
2.50-3.50pm BBBM

3.50-10pm UBB Live Feed

Cricket

08-05-2002

Sunday, August 22, 2010 - 4:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Loved Nancy Lamb...so funny. She must be a fantastic cook. I think it was JJ that was telling Dave that BB had never done this for the HG's before.

I thought JJ was quite the gentleman tonight. When Nancy needed a corkscrew he jumped up to get one and he opened the bottle of wine when BB gave them a corkscrew. Also, he chews with his mouth closed. I know he won't win, but because he is quiet and so darn cute, I'd like to see him win over the others that are left.

They were talking about Kat (cookies) tonight from the prev. big brother. Since she was on BBBM is there any chance she could still possibly go into the Ultimate Big Brother? Mario really knows his prev. BB's. He was telling the others Kat came in 5th in her season and when she left, etc.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Sunday, August 22, 2010 - 7:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
if he wasnt gay, she wouldnt have done that. Poor mario, he said he had never worn makeup before. He's no siavash

Sunshyne, I'm pretty sure he asked her to do it. He said something about wanting to look like Spiderman.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Monday, August 23, 2010 - 3:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
Characterizing an argument as a disagreement doesn't make it any less an argument to me. People can see the same things and interpret them differently based on their perception of things, or on what they find tolerable. I find what Nathan, Sam and David said and did less tolerable than arguments about stupid stuff. Like I've said before, I don't condone some things John has said, but that doesn't bother me the way what Sam did to people does, especially Josie and Corin, which I didn't find the least bit funny.

These are a few pics from DS, click here. Steven looks so happy, I'm glad he's been reunited with his family.

Day 75, BBLB

Day 73, Post Eviction

Sat or early Sun, HMs think they hear John.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Monday, August 23, 2010 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Very boring day on the LF. Davina McCaw interviewed each HM to prepare for their actual Davina interview tomorrow. Some of it was funny. Otherwise, Dave has been talking non-stop about absurd, annoying, and meaningless things. Therefore, I have not been listening that much. Can't stand to hear his voice...

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, August 23, 2010 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
There's an article at DS saying he told JJ that he took his oldest daughter on a date, to show her how a date should treat her. It might have been ok, but sounded... odd. Sounded like JJ thought it sounded odd too. The News of the World had an article about Dave and that US cult, but it was a small blog, and probably not in their actual printed newspaper. I'm clutching at straws and hoping something will come out at the last minute to dissuade people for voting for him.

Odds at the moment have Josie the easy winner, tossup between Dave and Mario for second and third, Andrew fourth and JJ fifth.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, August 23, 2010 - 11:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Boring last full day in the house twitters:

08:24 It seems that Josie has now taken on the role of House snorer now that Steve has been evicted
09:20 Mario is making himself a cup of coffee and eating left over prawn crackers from last night's dinner
09:23 Mario jumps on Josie's bed to wake her up. Dave grumbles that he wants 10 more minutes sleep before the alarms go off
09:27 Josie says that the dinner Nancy Lam made for them last night was the best food she's ever eaten
09:34 Josie jokes that she is going to be going on about her 'perfect day' yesterday for the rest of her life
09:39 Mario jokes that he wants to have his own agony aunt column called 'dear moley'
10:13 Mario compliments JJ on his choice of shorts while he showers
11:34 The housemates are all having a massive clean up of the House
12:33 Dave and Andrew are talking about Andrew Stone's visits to the House
12:43 Josie says that she is both sad and excited that the series will end tomorrow
13:46 All the housemates are having an early afternoon nap in the bedroom
13:49 After just 3 minutes of rest Big Brother blasts the housemates with the alarm to wake them up
13:56 Dave is laying down some grounds rules for Andrew if he ever tries to date his daughter
14:21 Andrew is playing with Mario's belt while the mole is still wearing it!
14:47 Josie says it would be hilarious if John James and JJ went on a night out dressed as Batman and Robin
15:10 The housemates are playing the 'either or' game where they have to say which they prefer from a choice of two options
15:31 Housemates are playing a game they invented called 'indoor line rolling'
15:34 The housemates are now entertaining themselves by trying to throw a lime into a glass from across the room
16:20 The housemates have been given a new task. Davina McCaw is preparing them for their eviction interviews.
18:21 Dave is teasing Mario about nominating Steve
18:55 The housemates are building a fort out of the beds

Do you have prawn crackers here? They have a texture almost like polystyrene and you get a big bag of them with takeout Chinese food.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, August 23, 2010 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Allegedly Endemol have extended the lease on the BB house for another three years - sounds like the rumours about Five picking it up might be true!

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Monday, August 23, 2010 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
The final five are currently piled up in a fort made of the beds. They have switched their mics off and are listing "demands" - mostly alcohol, but they want their marbles back, too. LOL. They will not talk to BB until their demands are met... BB has already issued one reminder to turn on and position the mics correctly.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, August 23, 2010 - 11:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Lol! Hope BB aren't getting too serious as it's probably more entertaining watching them "rebel" than watching them lounge about all bored.

Christiii

07-07-2005

Monday, August 23, 2010 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christiii a private message Print Post    
<---never heard of prawn crackers, and Ive had my share of Chinese food!! you dont get anything with your chinese takeout here....except for a fortune cookie or two

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Monday, August 23, 2010 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
BB gave in to their demands. They will be getting alcohol and entertainment of some sort and have been getting dressed and ready for it.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Monday, August 23, 2010 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Prawn crackers must be like shrimp chips. I've never gotten them with take-out, but I have gotten them at the supermarket. They do have the consistency of styrofoam, but are very tasty.

Some of my favorite memories are of my father taking me out on a "dinner date" when my mother had to work late. Nothing creepy, but since my father liked fine dining, I learned how to behave in a "posh" restaurant.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, August 23, 2010 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
This is a pic that came up on google for "shrimp chips"

shrimp chips

and that is exactly what prawn crackers are! I'll have to tell my dh, he really likes them and we haven't seen them for years!

Glad BB are playing along :-). They have to do something to keep them occupied.

OK, 'spose I'll let Dave off for taking his daughter out on a date then ;) ;). But we have to find something to stop them voting him in second!!

Amy

07-10-2002

Monday, August 23, 2010 - 6:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Amy a private message Print Post    
I really dislike Dave even more now!
His behavior tonight with Josie was just uncalled for.
I hope he is first out tomorrow!

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Monday, August 23, 2010 - 8:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Ahhh, Amy - we need to steel ourselves... I know it's hard, but odds are that he won't be called first and that makes me really sad :-(

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, August 23, 2010 - 8:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
What did Dave do to Josie?

Dave getting to the final, and likely so far up in the final, is one of the most depressing finale results that I can remember. Quite often someone I don't like goes through, but I can usually appreciate that although I don't like him/her, he/she was a good housemate because of all the drama they caused. Not so with Dave, there's just nothing I find appealing or entertaining about him (and so very much to dislike!)

Big day tomorrow, remember the finale starts and hour earlier than eviction shows, starts at 12 noon Board time!

Amy

07-10-2002

Monday, August 23, 2010 - 9:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Amy a private message Print Post    
Dave asked Josie what she thought John James was doing outside the house tonight and Josie tried to ignore him and he was saying he was probably out with other women. He was also joking with JJ that John James would be out clubbing with Sam and entertaining other women. At least JJ got him to stop. After a bit she left the bedroom and was upset by what Dave said.

There was no reason for him to be so rude to her. He knows how insecure she is especially since John James has left the house.

I fear that even if she wins BB she won't stay in the house for Ultimate BB.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Monday, August 23, 2010 - 10:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
The only personality I see in Dave is meanness. He goes out of his way to be cruel. He loves to cause and watch physical pain in others. He enjoys causing psychological pain in others. I wonder if he plays that typewriter game with his kids. I wonder if he tickles them. Over tickling has been identified as child abuse in many cases. It was one of the things we looked for way back when I worked in Child Abuse Prevention. I wonder if he goes out of his way to make his wife feel insecure. We know he tells her she needs to wear make-up. He has been abusive to many housemates. But many of them have come out saying that Dave is wonderful and they adore him. I just do not get it.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Tuesday, August 24, 2010 - 5:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
HMs have been on bedroom lockdown for about 2 hours. Apparently BB is making the changes and doing the cleaning that is so desperately needed.