TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
CBB - Winter season - January 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2014: CBB - Winter season - January 2014 users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through January 03, 2014Kitt25 01-03-14  2:08 pm
Archive through January 05, 2014Flagg25 01-05-14  2:34 pm
Archive through January 07, 2014Jbw25 01-07-14  2:28 am
Archive through January 10, 2014Kitt25 01-10-14  2:04 pm
Archive through January 13, 2014Kitt25 01-13-14  12:48 pm
Archive through January 17, 2014Mamajenn25 01-17-14  12:25 pm
Archive through January 20, 2014Kitt25 01-20-14  7:02 pm
Archive through January 24, 2014Jbw25 01-24-14  5:04 pm
Archive through January 27, 2014Kitt25 01-27-14  7:01 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Beverleyc

05-15-2011

Monday, January 27, 2014 - 11:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beverleyc a private message Print Post    
I just don't see why everyone (the public) seems to love Jim. I do think he acts sexist/misogynistic and rude. He does talk over people,interrupts and ignores women. He has said mean and nasty things about most of the women in there and plays all innocent to the guys. He is the one who instigated most of the arguments between him and Linda and him and Louisa. He would say some snide little remark, attempting to be funny I guess, then wonder why they would get upset or say something back.
Lee certainly acted like a the whole time. He'd say one thing to Casey then deny he ever said it in the diary room or to Jasmine then turn around and do the same thing to Jasmine.
Dappy is just annoying. He seems to think he is cute when he plays up to the cameras but I don't. Ollie is nice but he is a fence sitter and seems a bit boring.
I would rather any of the women to win over any of the men. Although I think Casey made herself look stupid by keep going back to Lee and letting herself be "played" and "mugged off" by him and Sam seems a bit boring too, like Ollie. So I guess I want Louisa to win because she seems to be pretty genuine however undiplomatic she comes off.

Beverleyc

05-15-2011

Monday, January 27, 2014 - 11:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beverleyc a private message Print Post    
Guess I should have said Lee acted like a Richard Cranium. lol

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Jim's just always been around, since the 70s. He has his (many) faults but I think everyone's used to him and don't expect otherwise. What tends to be celebrated on BB UK is people being who they are not what they think will give them votes, and we all know Jim is a grumpy so and so, with old fashioned views and versed in what we call "mother in law jokes" and that's exactly what he's shown us. If he'd have held his tongue the viewers wouldn't have liked it.

And there might be a cultural thing too with UK people reacting differently than US people. Jim isn't that old but we kind of expect the older generation to have certain views that aren't good, and we kind of put up with it and learn to deal with it. Anyone less than 60 won't get away with it (which is why I say Jim isn't that old at 62, but he was still of that ilk) but over 60s are kind of given a pass I suppose.

I don't know. The sexism just seems expected to me, and I would try to manage my own feelings about it rather than try to manage his. I think that's how a lot of Brits deal with curmudgeonly grandparents, for instance.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 6:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I love today's episode! I know some people will have thought it was boring but it was so nice to see them all being contemplative and enjoying themselves. I hope there aren't too many boos tomorrow, I think we have a great final six.

Beverleyc

05-15-2011

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 10:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beverleyc a private message Print Post    
Being from the US,I have never seen or heard of Jim before so I guess I'm not used to his "humor" and just don't find him to be funny at all. It's fine if he wants to play being the "grumpy old man" but don't then turn around and act all innocent and pretend to be humble. To someone who doesn't know his act it comes off as being two-faced and fake.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
What's ironic, IMO, is that Jim can thank Linda if he wins. Because of her nattering, he got a lot of screen time, and as one of the panelists on BOTS said, she came off as a harridan. Then, when she was gone, Jim played nice nice, making all the turmoil seem to be her fault. Poor soul, I hope that she gets some work, that might raise her spirits, out of this. Being famous and ending up on relief is just awful.

Amy

07-10-2002

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 - 2:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Amy a private message Print Post    
In 6th place: Casey

Amy

07-10-2002

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 - 2:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Amy a private message Print Post    
5th place is Sam

Amy

07-10-2002

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 - 2:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Amy a private message Print Post    
4th place is Luisa

Amy

07-10-2002

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 - 3:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Amy a private message Print Post    
3rd place is Ollie

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 - 3:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Sam had no "bits" to show her best bits & worse bits were the same.

Can't believe Ollie beat Luisa, that's amazing. I've never seen his show, he's a nice enough guy.

Dappy wants this so bad he can't stand it. His fingers are crossed so tightly, I fear they'll snap - He's thrilled to be in final 2. Ollie is shocked he wasn't gone 5 peoples ago.

I wish they hadn't let us know that Jim was first saved every time, it's just too obvious he'll be the winner.

Amy

07-10-2002

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 - 3:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Amy a private message Print Post    
Dappy is 2nd place and Jim is the winner

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 - 3:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
At least most of this batch seemed to want to win or at least stay in til the final.

I always hate when they are just biding their time til they can get out. I think they should double the fee for the winner & half the fee for the first few out.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 - 5:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Awwwww, I *loved* that Jim specially hugged Linda. That seemed very sincere & generous of him. Where is Evander??? I was hoping him & Linda would have connected I'm surprised the hosts didn't even mention him.

I *love* BBUK & especially sharing it with all of you! Thank you for making it special! Big hugs!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I wonder if Evander didn't want to wait and flew home.

Dappy was so desperate in the final two I almost wanted him to win! I wish he could get a few chips off his shoulder but other than that, what a nice guy.

Haven't quite finished it yet, still got to hear from Jim, but I've loved it so far!

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 - 10:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I really think Evander finally figured out this wasn't a charity event (for Big Brother/Big Sis org) & blew it off & forfeited his fee.

The hosts didn't even *mention* Evander, if he was still a part of the process they probably would have a blurb from him from the US or *some* type of comment made.

I'm surprised there is nothing in the UK papers about him leaving. They do stories on every other thing about the CBB house.

I think Dappy was devastated he didn't win, could you imagine the ego on him if he did lol.

I guess I'm glad Jim won after all his legal troubles but wasn't really rooting (learned that was a naughty word in Australian & giggle every time I write it now) for any of them.

I think Rylan has turned out to be a much better host than I expected. I like the contrast with him & Ian Lee but would love Carol McGriffin to be more involved. I'd like to see her interviewing some of these folks.

Good series, I will be lost now lol.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 - 10:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I like Rylan a lot and Ian has always been a favourite. Carol McGriffin was much better than I expected, I hadn't seen her talk show and she was a bit of a mess on CBB, so I had quite low expectations. She's been pretty on point with her observations.

I might give BB Canada a miss, probably going to be pretty busy for the next few months. But then again if it ends up on youtube and is easy to find maybe I'll squeeze it in ;).

Jbw

08-14-2006

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 - 11:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
Doesn't Evander live in Atlanta? Maybe their "bad" snowstorm (we Northerners laugh at 2 inches of snow being considered bad) that shut down their city and their airport made him unable to get back to the UK in time. He could have been scheduled to fly out on Tuesday afternoon, arriving in the UK on Wednesday morning. Tuesday afternoon was when they shut down Atlanta & the airport.

Another possibility for his absence may be that when they decided to extend the length of the series by 5 days, Evander had previous commitments that couldn't be re-scheduled.

Jbw

08-14-2006

Friday, January 31, 2014 - 10:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
ITV's This Morning had the 5 finalists of the CBB UK on Friday morning,

Dappy/Luisa/Sam & Ollie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt6tV2KGY28

Jim Davidson:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhl1R6Yq53w

and earlier in the morning, Dappy on ITV's Lorraine show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4gwbcQhV4c

Jim Davidson also appeared on the panel of Channel 5's The Wright Stuff. Can't find a video link for it tho.

Mamajenn

07-07-2011

Sunday, February 02, 2014 - 9:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamajenn a private message Print Post    
I am surprised at how much I enjoyed this season when I look back at day one. Evander was the only person I had heard of, and first impressions of the group was not an excited one. I soon found myself looking forward to it each night, and this is the first time I watched BOTS. I also loved checking in here daily and reading your comments. I had to undergo another surgery Friday, and sure wish I had more Big Brother to pass the time. Just wanted to thank you all for helping me stay connected to the show, and I will be back for BB Canada. Until then, take care! Thanks for posting the interviews, I'm gonna go watch them now :-)

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Monday, February 03, 2014 - 12:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Mamajenn, I'm praying for your speedy recovery & sent you a private message about watching or rewatching old series of BBUK, BBAU or BBUS.

I always feel lost & disconnected after being so immersed.

BBAU was good this year because the HM send out almost daily pics & tweets, so it is like getting live updates lol.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
Get well, soon Mamajenn.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I hope Willwillbe hooked you up with some past seasons, some have been absolutely great watching! Hope you're healing well.

Mamajenn

07-07-2011

Saturday, February 08, 2014 - 12:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamajenn a private message Print Post    
Thank you Willwillbe, first time I have been back on here. I will research tonight! Much appreciation! Thank you for the well wishes, means so much <3

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert HG Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: