TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 13, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2014: CBB - Winter season - January 2014: Archive through January 13, 2014 users admin

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, January 10, 2014 - 2:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
As a punishment for childish behaviour, Big Brother put Dappy in a nappy (a diaper)!

Lee is trying to rehab his image by going for the "awwww" vote. I think he may succeed.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, January 10, 2014 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Crowd are shouting get someone out but I can't work out who it is... probably a mixture of names.

Most votes and safe is Jim.

2nd person to be saved is Jasmine.

Amy

07-10-2002

Friday, January 10, 2014 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Amy a private message Print Post    
I hate this season already. I don't want either Luisa or Evander to go.

I think giving Casey and Lee the power to send someone home is too much. And I don't think vote to save give a realistic feel of who people really want to go.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, January 10, 2014 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think the crowd are still chanting "get Lee out" although it is a mixture of names.

Next person safe is Liz. (Crowd boos, Liz looks upset at the news.)

I'm surprised Liz isn't bottom two. I think Casey and Lee will choose Evander to go, as he doesn't seem to be fitting in... but then again Casey did say about Luisa stirring (I think?).

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, January 10, 2014 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I don't know that Evander adds much, Amy. Apart from being quite extreme in his views, which might cause some conflict with Liz and maybe others, what has he done?

Amy

07-10-2002

Friday, January 10, 2014 - 3:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Amy a private message Print Post    
I guess I like him in there because he is someone I am familiar with.

Unfortunately I don't think that the votes are accurate and by using vote to save BB can control who goes and who stays.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, January 10, 2014 - 3:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Emma announces that Casey and Lee haven't left the house, they've actually been watching. Final decision rests with C&L not the public.

Casey and Lee are in the diary room. BB tells them they have a big decision to make, they have to decide between Evander and Luisa. Lee says Evander because Luisa's his friend (from outside the house as well). Casey says ok, has no issues with either of them.

They choose to evict Evander.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, January 10, 2014 - 3:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Wouldn't vote to save or vote to evict be equally vulnerable to hackers (or whatever the multi-voters are)? With vote to save a bot or hack can save someone who maybe should have gone, but I think that's better than a bot or hack picking on one person to evict when otherwise they wouldn't have been evicted.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Friday, January 10, 2014 - 11:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Kitt, vote to evict targets a person that motivates people to vote which leaves a house of under the radar players in the end. At least with vote to save a HM that doesn't motivate anyone to save is not worth keeping in the house.

I hated that the HM didn't properly say goodbye to Evander. I'm glad he was the one to go of the 5 but it was not done well.

I was shocked that Jasmine was #2 saved - I guess I shouldn't be. I was pleasantly surprised that Liz wasn't in the bottom 2. With only 3 weeks, she may never come out of her shell but if she does, she may be quite interesting.

I don't know who I was more outraged with, Evander for punching a horse or Liz for threatening to stab anyone who harmed a horse.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, January 11, 2014 - 12:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I know, Willwillbe, Amy was saying that vote to save was more open to abuse than vote to evict and I didn't understand why.

Jasmine was saved because she's trouble, they want to see what will happen with her and Lee or any man (or woman) really. I don't know about Liz, I think as well as being quiet (mostly) she is inhibiting the others because they are scared she will write about them (those who have inhibitions that is, I think some of them do not!).

Amy

07-10-2002

Saturday, January 11, 2014 - 2:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Amy a private message Print Post    
I didn't say it was open to abuse I said that with vote to save instead of evict makes the voters intentions less obvious thus allows production to blur the totals and "evict" whoever they see fit. With voting to save the house mates that the public don't like and that get the most boos aren't necessarily the ones who go and if it was vote to evict they usually would be the one to go.

Pintobean

06-02-2011

Saturday, January 11, 2014 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pintobean a private message Print Post    
I'm only watching this because I miss the BB concept. I've watched a few entire seasons of UK before and I don't ever like anyone.
I sort of liked this one season of BBUK where there was a very emotional blonde girl who would throw tantrums all the time. That season was won by a man with Tourets. I had never seen anyone like her so it was eye-opening and entertaining.
I definitely like BB AU the most. I usually think all of the people on these are worth knowing on the outside.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, January 11, 2014 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
That was Pete!! I loved Pete. The girl was Nikki Graham, who's kind of infamous for her BB exploits, and last I saw of her has calmed down a little. I wonder what Pete is doing now.

Amy, I don't think BB would do that, there are too many watchdogs studying the voting that I don't think they can cheat with the actual calls. What they can do (and imo do do) is manipulate the daily shows to highlight people they want to save to keep certain stories going, but I don't believe they would dare actually fake vote totals, people have got into too much trouble in the past doing that.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Saturday, January 11, 2014 - 5:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Has anyone found where the US can watch clips? The lady that did it last year isn't doing it this year & I can't find anything on youtube that isn't geoblocked.

If you do, could you PM me please.

These folks are getting strange & it's only been a couple of days. I've read about Jasmine's past & she's had a sad rough life. I'm glad she hasn't dragged it out but it did make me think of her differently (& understand why she may be the way she is), especially when she teared up talking to Lee but the cynic in me is thinking, she may just be a great actress (but from what I've read, she's not).

I can't believe Luisa has been bragging about her private life. I don't expect her to be ashamed of her exploits but there is no need to try to convert others to her lifestyle.

Pintobean, Pete has always been one of my favs, I check up on him from time to time. Luckily he loves to share! You can even watch him eat a cookie lol!

You can catch up with Pete on youtube -

https://www.youtube.com/user/MyArseForHire/videos

Pete Talks About His Tourettes & how talking about it triggers the twitches

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zW0rxGat_0A

Jbw

08-14-2006

Saturday, January 11, 2014 - 5:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
Willwillbee

The Google Chrome browser and the Hola Better Internet extension might be something you need to look up on a search engine of your choice. Both items above are free.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Saturday, January 11, 2014 - 7:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Thanks for your help JBW, but I'm so computer illiterate I have no clue what that means.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 1:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The Daily Mirror has some of the clips from the official website but they don't seem to post them until a day late. They're embedded in the news stories and not region encoded:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/all-about/celebrity%20big%20brother%20catch%20up

That (and a couple of other newspaper articles) are all I've found with clips.

Mamajenn

07-07-2011

Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 5:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamajenn a private message Print Post    
What a group this season, wow!

Mamajenn

07-07-2011

Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 6:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamajenn a private message Print Post    
Is it me, or is Jim being targeted a bit harshly? I have not seen him acting as they keep saying he is, or maybe I am missing something... Linda seems to attack him every time he opens his mouth, and now the two girls, who are to me the "mean girls" seem to be harassing him.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 9:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I just got caught up on all the episodes and I don't like Jim one bit. I so wish he was in the bottom and would have gone home. Look how many people voted for him.

He has made snide remarks about Linda and tends to cut her off as if she isn't there. I found that especially ironic when she was trying to explain (as they were talking about women) that older women tend to get ignored and people look right past them. Boy, can I relate to that.

While she's saying this, Jim starts another conversation as if she isn't even talking.

I do see her trying to protect Luisa since she now 'gets' Luisa's sense of humor. The old guy needs to go as well. At first I liked him and totally agreed about Jasmine's mouth and her vulgar talk, but I found him to a complete phony when he refused to believe Luisa was joking and then he was oh so happy that she and Dappy made up and went and gave her a hug. So very, very fake. I could see Linda steaming.

I don't like Dappy either. I wish they'd keep him in the Nappies all the time, lol, because at those stay @ his waist. His pants are so low, his legs look 2" high. Also, he is trying way too hard and it shows.

Love Casey and she's right that she dodged a bullet with Lee. He seems so weak. Let him have Jasmine. Casey can do better.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 10:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'm not up to date so can't comment, but here's the upcoming tv schedule in case anyone is watching live...

Mon13 1-2pm CBB
Mon13 3-4pm BOTS

Tue14 1-2pm CBB
Tue14 3-4pm BOTS

Wed15 1-2.30pm CBB: Live Eviction
Wed15 3.30-4.20pm BOTS

Thu16 1-2pm CBB
Thu16 3-4pm BOTS

Fri17 1-2.30pm CBB: Live Eviction
Fri17 2.30-3.30pm BOTS
Fri17 3.30-4pm Live from the House

Sat18 1.45-2.45pm CBB
Sat18 2.45-4pm Bit On The Psych

Sun19 1-2pm CBB

Mon20 1-2pm CBB
Mon20 3.50-4.50pm BOTS

Tue21 1-2pm CBB
Tue21 3-4pm BOTS

Wed22 1-2.30pm CBB: Live Eviction
Wed22 3.30-4.20pm BOTS

Thu23 1-2pm CBB
Thu23 3-4pm BOTS

Fri24 1-2.30pm CBB: The Final
Fri24 2.30-4pm BOTS

Sandra

07-05-2004

Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 11:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sandra a private message Print Post    
Sam who? She always MIA.i forget she is even there.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, January 13, 2014 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Same here. The last one I saw there was a woman talking I didn't recognise, and by process of elimination I identified her as Sam ;). And yet the bookies say she's still third favourite to win.

Actually here are the odds, they've change quite a bit from last week:

Ollie big favourite 1.5:1
Jim/Sam ~4:1
Dappy 8:1
Casey 14:1
Luisa/Lee/Lionel ~25:1
Linda/Jasmine/Liz ~50:1

Last Thursday:
Ollie big favourite 1.5:1
Sam/Lionel/Dappy ~8:1
Casey 12:1
Jim/Luisa/Lee ~18/1
Evander/Linda ~30/1
Jasmine/Liz ~60/1

Big rise for Jim, big loss for Lionel.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, January 13, 2014 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think Casey's still a bit deluded over Lee. I think she thinks he fancies her, whereas he doesn't, he fancies Jasmine (which is one thing Jasmine gets right). Lee thinks Casey's just "a friend" and Jasmine's the love of his life, neither of which are true. Lee's one of those people who has a difficult time drawing physical boundaries, and unfortunately for those around him, he also doesn't have the intuition to know who can cope with that and who can't, or at least who can't cope under certain circumstances. Casey might be an agreeable "friends with benefits" person outside the house, but she didn't want to be made a mug of inside the house. My feeling about Jasmine is she'll sleep with anyone as a kind of conquest, as will Dappy. No surprise they got together the first night and now won't again unless they get bored.

Dappy's apology to Luisa was strange in its earnestness. He really did seem to mean it. It's good he can at least realise when he's wrong once he has time to think about it.

Sunday's Over 18s task... ermmmmm... not sure what to say about that. I think I'd have preferred another task...!

I'm in two minds about Lionel, I've always liked him (since the 80s) but he does seem to protest too much, he goes with the flow and then seems to blame others for making him do it.

Jim though, I think he just is who he is, a grumpy old(ish) guy who tries to make people laugh but often just annoys or upsets them instead. I think Jasmine and Luisa are purposely antagonising him at times, and Linda takes every opportunity to read the worst into everything he says and spread it among the women. He might be a bit difficult to live with (and I agree, he does often interrupt) but at least you know where you are with him, and I find that sort of person relatively easy to get along with.

At the end of the show (Sunday's) Jim's just said to the camera "that's a wind-up" and it was, Jasmine purposefully went outside to provoke him into getting angry so that she can tell the others about it in the morning. Luckily he was wise enough to just walk away.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, January 13, 2014 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Oh and Luisa "joking" about living with a bunch of boring pensioners... She might have not said it if she'd thought about it and realised it might have hurt Lionel's (and others') feeling but that doesn't mean that she was actually joking when she said it. She wasn't joking, she was being (too) honest, so I think Lionel was spot on with that, although it's not a battle I myself would have chosen to fight. (I agree though he was completely insincere about how happy he was when people made up earlier.)