TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 17, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2014: CBB - Winter season - January 2014: Archive through January 17, 2014 users admin

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, January 13, 2014 - 7:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
This week's face to face nominations:

Luisa: Jim (miserable), Liz (talks about her dogs too much)

Jim: Luisa (manipulating everyone to focus on her, bossy, self-centred), Liz (sick of hearing about the dogs as well, she doesn't want to be here)

Jasmine: Liz (ratted on Jasmine during prank), Jim (yells at her, makes her feel bad, sexist)

Dappy: Liz (when handcuffed kept saying she wanted to go not thinking it would take him with her (again)), Luisa (mentioned his mother during their argument)

Ollie: Liz (prefer other hms to stay as not much in common, she withdraws herself), Jim (anomosity dividing house would be better without him)

Lee: Liz (wouldn't dance), Sam (didn't admit she enjoyed the sex games)... Big Brother won't accept that reason... changes to Jim (argues with everyone especially girls)

Liz: Linda (reminds her of older sister, makes her nervous and intimidated), Jasmine (so beautiful, not good to be around her with her own self esteem issues)

Sam: Liz (overreacting over dog), Jim (frustrates Linda)

Linda: Jim (don't get on), Dappy (doesn't integrate with group)

Casey: Liz (hasn't got to know her), Jasmine (accused her)

Lionel: Jasmine (screaming and shouting drives him insane), Jim (wants to tells people what to do and when he can't is miserable)

Liz 8 noms
Jim 7
Jasmine 3
Luisa 2

Dappy, Linda 1
Casey, Lee, Lionel, Ollie, Sam 0

Sandra

07-05-2004

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 - 5:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sandra a private message Print Post    
Kitt, thanks for all you post. Sam had a little task and went MIA again LOL

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 - 9:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Sam is fairly unforgettable on TOWIE. I've got to believe she was given the "task" of dating Joey Essex to give them some relevancy on the show.

This is the strangest year, I don't know if that's a good or a bad thing but it hasn't been boring at least. As much as I'd love Liz to stay, I want the others to go more - unless Lee really is available to be gone, but I don't think he is actually nominated. His being "nominated" will probably turn up his thing with Jasmine since he thinks he'll probably go this time.

I wish they hadn't done the "sex den" that was really unnecessary but I guess they wanted the hormones to flow.

I hate not having any live feeds - the 2 hours late night were perfect to catch the HM in full swing. I thought Dappy was hot for Jasmine & the next minute she's all over Lee. Where did that come from.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 - 9:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Sandra :-).

No, Lee isn't up, that was a fake nomination (although as far as I know they haven't been told that yet). I want Liz to go, I don't particularly like her and she doesn't seem to add much.

I didn't like the sex den either. Maybe they thought this group would need encouraging... they were wrong. Dappy seems to have calmed down and disappeared from the screen, I wonder if he is worried that he'd made a fool of himself with the argument, and is lying low in the hopes people forget. Lee hasn't learned anything, but then nor have Jasmine or Casey.

I've never seen any TOWIE, I did see Joey Essex on I'm A Celeb and thought he was quite a nice guy really, if a bit dumb.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 - 10:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
I hope Luisa stays. I'm liking her more every episode, especially this latest one.

Luisa and Lionel in the annoying room and then her basically telling BB to F-off with their rules in the DR were probably the best bits so far this season.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 - 10:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Rumor has it that CBB may be extended til the 28th

Posted on TIBB from digiguide
Schedules just updated...

Friday 24th January was:
21.00-22.30 Celebrity Big Brother: Live Final
22.30-24.00 Celebrity Big Brother's Bit on the Side

Friday 24th January now:
21.00-22.30 Celebrity Big Brother: Live Eviction
22.30-23.30 Celebrity Big Brother's Bit on the Side
23.30-24.00 Celebrity Big Brother Live from the House

Added on Saturday 25th January:
22.00-23.00 Celebrity Big Brother
23.00-24.15 Celebrity Big Brother's Bit on the Psych

Added on Sunday 26th January:
21.00-22.00 Celebrity Big Brother

Added on Monday 27th January:
21.00-22.00 Celebrity Big Brother
23.00-24.00 Celebrity Big Brother's Bit on the Side

Added on Tuesday 28th January:
21.00-22.30 Celebrity Big Brother
22.30-24.00 Celebrity Big Brother's Bit on the Side

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 - 10:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Wow have they finally found a cast who are getting good enough ratings?!

Jim will be mad ;).

Jbw

08-14-2006

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 - 1:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
No longer just a rumor as CBBUK 2014 has been extended by four days:

http://metro.co.uk/2014/01/15/celebrity-big-brother-2014-is-going-so-well-its-been-extended-by-four-days-hoorah-4263760/

Jbw

08-14-2006

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 - 2:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
Celebrity Big Brother 2014: Ofcom receives 342 complaints as Channel 5 plans to extend series

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/celebrity-big-brother-2014-ofcom-receives-342-complaints-as-channel-5-plans-to-extend-series-9061144.html

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 - 9:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I wonder who is more shocked Liz is still there, me or Liz - lol.

I can't say I'm a fan of Jasmine, but it seems the whole story has been about her. I guess it's time to find a new story. I wonder how soon Lee will need Casey cuddles lol.

I hated that she made Linda & Casey safe. I was hoping they would be gone soon but I am glad the whole house is up. I can't believe Linda twisted up her being safe into a bad thing.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 - 9:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Was Jasmine evicted? I haven't had a chance to watch yet today. I thought it would be Luisa!

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 - 9:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
It was so strange, I watch on the channel's live stream, I think it's important to let the channel know they have fans all around the world.

Anyways, BB was suppose to start 3pm my time & I had the eye, so I knew I had the stream (but I had the eye for the launch but the wrong stream). At 3:02 nothing, I figured they had changed streams on me, so went to a live streaming site & sure enough it was on & I still had nothing on the channel stream but kept it open out of curiosity.

The channel stream started about 3:05 but it wasn't live streaming ... They started with about 4 minutes of commercials & then the show began from the start about 3:09. So they aren't live streaming. Someone just forgot to open the channel on time, but they made sure the commercials were streamed, which is fine with me, but kind of confirms some thoughts running through my head.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 - 9:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Do you mean Channel 5 has it's own live streaming of the tv show? (With some sort of ip masking(?) thingy of course.) I thought the live streams we get were just someone streaming from their tv or dvr.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 - 11:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
A lot of sites do live streaming from their TV sets but the channel also live streams *this* show only. I hope that it's a step in eventually live streaming the feeds, which is why I'm always wanting people to stream direct. If the channel can document all the viewers, it makes tapping the world online viewership a real possibility, which makes BB a stronger product which won't be lost again due to lack of local viewers.

BBUK was lost once - luckily another channel picked it up fairly quickly but BBAU was lost for several years before another channel picked it up. BBUK at one time had nearly 6 million viewers & now is lucky to get 1.5 million. BBAU is thrilled if it can scrape up a million viewers at it's best, it only got 1.7 million. The US/Canada had at it's best over 10 million & at the worst 6.5 million viewers.

Kitt, I sent you the instructions for live streaming but it requires downloading a VLC player to view the stream.

I'm thinking that may be why the channel is aggressively trying to cut down the other sources to convert fans to direct access.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 12:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'm still not understanding! I've emailed you at your tvch email address, hope it got to you!

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 1:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Kitt, I emailed you back, let me know if it gets lost.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I got it and replied, thanks :-).

Just watching yesterday's show. Jim to Luisa "do we have to form a queue to have an argument with you, or do you just pick people?" lol. I really don't like Luisa!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 12:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
So Jim had the top votes again! Jasmine didn't really seem to get that Lee had played Casey, they should have shown some better clips than the ones they played, or maybe that would have been too much too soon.

Seems like Luisa got the troublemaker vote. You always know if someone's chanting your name you'll have enough votes to stay!

I'm surprised she saved Casey and Linda. She threw in an insult with it but she was still doing them a favour really.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Jasmine seemed to be wary of Lee & figured Casey & Lee might get together in her absence but I figure Jasmine will meet & be involved with someone (read it in all the papers) long before Lee gets out next week. I just can't imagine her sitting in a hotel room alone pining for him & waiting for the finale before going home.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 5:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Lee is busting Casey about the shomance but I think it's to protect himself. Is he now saying he wants to go (like it would be a huge shock if he didn't go)

Emma said they were checking tapes but I felt like that was the discussion Casey had with him during the second trip into the bathroom (after he got with Jasmine). He was supposed to just be friends with Jasmine til they got out & he agreed to it & told Jasmine this, Jasmine cried & then he said screw it, I'm going to do what I want to do.

According to some sites, Linda's husband allegedly took 20pounds from Frank Carson's wallet in his dressing room but I can't find details about when this happened or what this has to do with Jim, etc

I'm finding no connection to that & Jim. It's looking to me like he just wanted to humiliate her. Her husband died in 2007 & this incident probably happened years ago.

I know Linda has just been antagonizing Jim to stay relevant in the house - I guess he just wanted to shut her up. I'm no fan of either but that was a pretty low blow & sneaky & low down the way he carried it out thru Luiza.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 8:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It would be interesting to know what Jim meant. He was obviously referring to the £20 incident but did he just bring up a random incident to shame her, or is there more story there (e.g. he told on Linda's husband, and that's why she hates him)? The way Jim brought it up sounded like he thought that was the cause of her grudge against him. I know Jim and Frank Carson knew each other, and it sounded like Jim said they were friends. No way to know really, unless one of them says.

(By the way, in case it wasn't clear with the accents, Jim DIDN'T call Linda an a___hole at the beginning of the clip, she misheard. He called her plenty worse later ;), but he didn't say that!)

I'd also like to know if there's any truth to what Lee says about Casey pushing for a showmance. I tend to believe Casey, as none of Lee's other storytelling about what happened has been accurate.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Friday, January 17, 2014 - 12:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
but Kitt, Casey & Lee went into the bathroom in the Bolt Hole (after the fake eviction) & turned on the taps - not to kiss but to talk & I believe that's when she convinced him to not have anything to do with Jasmine - to just be friends, til after they got out. He agreed to this & even told Jasmine they needed to just be friends (which apparently was shown on the daily clip but "the just be friend's part" was cut from the show) that's when Jasmine cried.

I think Lee has a hard time saying "No" & says yes to everything to avoid conflict & then just goes & does whatever he wants.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, January 17, 2014 - 12:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I thought Lee said that Casey said she wanted to fake a showmance? Casey trying to persuade him that it looked bad for him to be going after Jasmine so soon after being with Casey isn't the same as faking a showmance, which is what he seems to be claiming. I think Casey got a bit possessive, although I understand she must feel really used and a bit of a mug, but that's different from using the whole situation for her own advancement, which is what Lee claims.

He certainly does have a hard time saying no. I thought he was harmless (as well as gormless) earlier on but he's just being nasty now.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Friday, January 17, 2014 - 8:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
but the talk you describe doesn't require going in the bathroom together & turning the taps on so no one can hear/record your conversation - there is no way they were doing anything in there but talking.

Don't you remember them taking off the mics & jumping under the covers as if it was choreographed & the writing under the covers. They had a secret alliance. He probably would have gone for it if Jasmine hadn't looked his way. It seemed like Dappy & Jasmine were hooking up at first & he probably figured he had no chance with her.

I hope they can filter out the bolt hole tapes - I know it's possible but probably too expensive for BB's budget.

Mamajenn

07-07-2011

Friday, January 17, 2014 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamajenn a private message Print Post    
In my opinion, the only one responsible for Jasmine 's eviction is Jasmine. Regardless of any behavior by others, Jasmine was hard to take with her self absorbed mean girl attitude. She lacked all respect for others in a shared living space. I am glad she is gone and I hope Luisa follows, right before Lee. I do not believe Lee's claims at all, and I am still pro Jim over Linda who wants to slap and scratch yet remain protected under the "I'm a woman" card.