TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 20, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2014: CBB - Winter season - January 2014: Archive through January 20, 2014 users admin

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, January 17, 2014 - 1:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I don't know, I think Casey would want to keep any conversation with Lee secret, for fear of looking more used/desperate/of a mug than ever. I don't think I'd necessarily infer she wanted a fake showmance. And some of the things we have seen Lee spread from one person to another have definitely been wrong, so we know he has a history of stretching the truth, and that's being kind.

I hope BB can find some recording.

I think Linda might have been out this week if she wasn't saved. She plays the victim too much while making out she's standing up for herself, then uses anything she can to get the other women against Jim.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, January 17, 2014 - 2:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Done my chores and am watching the eviction...

Ollie and Sam got cheers, Dappy got some cheers, the rest were all mixed to boos. I don't know how I'll feel if Sam ends up top three when we've never really seen her.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, January 17, 2014 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Liz has had to do an article on the house and was fairly neutral on Jim and Linda, but rather scathing of Lee and supportive of Casey. Not sure how it's going to play out but Lee isn't pleased with Dappy for telling Liz that Lee was claiming that Casey wanted a showmance, which seems a bit suspicious.

Emma talks to the house and reveals the two top vote getters:

in no particular order
Jim
Sam

both are safe. (Wow, and that means Ollie, who is getting the most cheers, isn't in the top two!)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, January 17, 2014 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
There was an intelligence (well, just general knowledge) test and Dappy scored 6% against Luisa's 69%. Dappy is not happy and is threatening to leave if they aired the segment (which has already aired). That is a very large chip on his shoulder.

Emma talks to the house again, also safe are the two with the next highest votes...

in no particular order
Ollie
Dappy

are both safe.

The four Ls: Lee, Lionel, Liz and Luisa are left.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, January 17, 2014 - 3:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Lionel's getting the most cheers out of those left. Liz isn't getting much of a response. The other two are mixed.

The hm with the fewest votes and third to be evicted on CBB is

Lionel!

He gets quite a good reception.

Jbw

08-14-2006

Friday, January 17, 2014 - 3:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
Is Channel 5 so cash poor that they can't afford a covered studio for Big Brother evictions?

Seems like half the time Emma's in either a coat and gloves or under the protection of an umbrella. Don't they know they're in the UK where the weather is mostly bad. I'd understand an open studio if the BB House was in San Diego but not in London.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, January 17, 2014 - 3:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
lol. I guess it's so they can get the outside audience to boo/cheer so loud over the interview that we can't hear ;).

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, January 17, 2014 - 3:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The hms are talking about the finale... they've been told it's been extended by four days, although they're not sure whether that makes it Monday or Tuesday.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Friday, January 17, 2014 - 5:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I'd also like to know if there's any truth to what Lee says about Casey pushing for a showmance. I tend to believe Casey, as none of Lee's other storytelling about what happened has been accurate.

Kitt, when Casey heard about Lee saying this, she said she didn't say that. I thought she said she made some remark when she thought she & Lee were getting booted (the fake eviction.) Maybe she felt they got evicted because of him going from girl to girl? I totally think Lee is a loose cannon, immature and extremely self-involved. I'm having a hard time finding a decent place to watch the show so can't go back and re-listen. Lee is way off base.

What seemed to bother him is that his ego was hurt when he 'thought..perceived' Casey not really caring for him, but was just playing the game (in his mind.) That was not true; she did like him and I thought she handled him moving on to Jasmine extremely well.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Friday, January 17, 2014 - 7:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Kitt, I finally got to see tonight's show & I guess you were right about Lee & Casey kissing in the bolt hole. That makes me even more disgusted with both of them than trying to fake a shomance lol. He definitely looked like a kid whose hand was stuck in the cookie jar. He didn't expect Dappy to repeat what he said about Casey, like me, Dappy *assumed* it was true - silly people. As furious as they were at each other at that point to go into the bathroom & kiss??? I hope Jasmine (& Casey really) publicly humiliates him!

I am *so* disappointed to hear Lionel left! Of all the people, I can't believe he's gone but I guess his fan base isn't the BB audience or like with BBAU's Ben (who everyone thought would be in the finals) everyone thought he was safe & didn't bother voting.

I was *so* hoping Lee would be gone - sick of him. For having such a "dynamic" house, I can't think of anyone I want to stay no less win at this point. Maybe after they thin them down personalities will emerge but it seems we have either off the wall characters or wallflowers.

I *guess* as a HM I like Luiza & her feisty attitude but (at this point at least) would hate for her to win. We'll probably see a whole different person without Jasmine to play with.

I'd probably like Ollie but don't know if him & Sam are still in the house or not. They could walk & who would notice.

I wish they hadn't told them about the extension, I like HM kept a little off balance & that would really have them reeling. I'm sure they are under contract for a time after the season is over, so they already signed up for being in BB.

I know it's cruel, but I love BBAU when they don't tell them if there is even a prize fund nor how many days in the season. I'm sure they expected to be out in 85 days & the season was extended to 101 days - that's a long time in BB hours.

Mamajenn

07-07-2011

Saturday, January 18, 2014 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamajenn a private message Print Post    
I agree, I like it when the HG are kept off balance. I enjoy watching CBB vs. BB because we get to see a bit of the entitlement attitude from some. I find it so interesting. "If you air that I am walking right now" Go sleep on it. "OK, I will walk tomorrow at 1 p.m." lol I found that funny. I did not mind seeing Lionel voted out, I think he did a great job, and have to say I hope I am blessed as much at 82 years old. Jasmine really riled me calling up being rude and I loved it when Lionel called her a cow after the call ended. She said she had watched the show and her feelings were so hurt, then when they asked about Casey she backtracked and said she was so busy partyin' she had not watched.... hmmmm. Sounds like Lee's friends told her what she wanted to hear. I hope Lionel puts her in proper order on BOTS tonight. Luisa is much more likable without Jasmine in the house, she is one of those people who is who they are with... handcuffed to the Champ she was a lady, with Jas... yikes... and now we see another side of her. I loved the expression on Linda's face when Jim was top saved once again :-) Time for a new game plan? Will be interesting to watch.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Saturday, January 18, 2014 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I don't quite understand the Jim appeal but I have no idea who Jim & most of these people were prior to CBB.

Even though Lee claimed that Casey discussed the shomance in the bolt hole bathroom & Casey claimed they kissed, I believe both happened. I think Lee realized that if he busted Casey for the shomance, he'd be outing himself as well. I am betting they took off their microphones completely (like they did when they went under the duvet to speak) before going in the bathroom & I bet that's why there is no tape to analyze. There is a way with digitalized sound to separate the tap from the voices *IF* there were mics in the bathroom.

I don't know if Linda has a plan other than being Jim's rival. I'm afraid Jim's plan worked & he probably knocked the feisty out of Linda, I would imagine that she will check out & withdraw. She's got her check, I don't know if she has an interest in getting back into the limelight or if the limelight has any interest in her.

From what little I've read (trying to figure out Frank Carson's dressing room), she left the singing group (maybe before they became a hit group??) to capitalize on her sexy naughty Nolan image in men's clubs.

I saw a youtube video clip of her (when she was much younger) singing with apparently the raunchiest (according to comments) comedian & former singer a Christmas carol - very sweet lovely rendition but she had a sheer front top on which revealed her bra/cleavage & belly. She looked good but seemed so incongruent with the sweet song.

I'm betting that's where a lot of animosity to Jim is from. She was rejected from the men's club circuit as she got older & Jim probably embodies the male ego & it probably has little to do with Jim personally.

Mamajenn

07-07-2011

Saturday, January 18, 2014 - 5:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamajenn a private message Print Post    
I had not researched Linda, very interesting. I hope that BB makes some rule changes when it comes to celebrities and the lou. :-)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, January 18, 2014 - 6:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think what's most likely is Casey said something that Lee could use/manipulate into a semi-believable "she meant showmance." Something like "it won't look good if you go to her so soon after being with me" could easily be used to criticise her for playing up to the cameras when actually she is more likely to have meant exactly what she said, that his behaviour didn't look good!

The Nolans were very popular as a group of "nice" girls, as I remember it. They were in the Saturday night entertainment/quiz shows as the guest act, had quite a lot of hits before the 80s (when the charts were much more staid) and then older people still bought their records after that. I don't remember the group having a naughty image ever, but maybe I was too young to realise. Wiki has her leaving the group in 1983, and most of the Nolan (group) bigger hits were before that. By the 80s, late 70s even, we'd had the punk movement and the charts were dominated by new wave and the Nolans would have seemed very old fashioned except on the shows "parents" watched. I image Linda left due to their waning popularity and found a nice for herself as the naughty Nolan.

I'm still inclined to believe Jim in that Linda holds a grudge with him because of the Frank Carson incident. I looked online and Frank and Jim were friends since 1977 and were both on the Blackpool circuit, so I think he was there at the time of the Carson thing (late 80s), maybe he was involved in setting up the bust, or maybe he just stuck up for Carson, but I just don't think with all the skeletons Jim has in his closet that he'd bring up Carson just to be cruel, instead (which is what he said) he was explaining why Linda hates him.

Too many words, sorry.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Saturday, January 18, 2014 - 9:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Maybe so Kitt, but the delivery was a low blow.

Evander Holyfield said some things that keep going round in my brain. Wish I had captured them but things about being a role model & doing this for charity type comments.

I really think he confused the Big Brother program with the Big Brother (Big Brother Big Sister) program for kids.

Did anyone else get that vibe?? lol

Sunday they are suppose to post (geoblocked!) clips of unseen footage on the website sigh

Sandra

07-05-2004

Sunday, January 19, 2014 - 12:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sandra a private message Print Post    
I'm always behind in watching CBB. Did Dappy leave? I hope so. Thanks Kit and Willwillbee and everyone else for keeping me up on what is going on. Trust me this isn't played in Saudi Arabia

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Sunday, January 19, 2014 - 12:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Willwillbee, I thought the SAME thing about Evander!

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Sunday, January 19, 2014 - 11:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Sandra, Dappy is still there - him & Luiza are getting naughty.

Sadly, Lionel was the last one to go.

Sarasmile, Good, I thought I was nuts to even mention it but Evander kept making strange comments, at least he had really good intentions!

Mamajenn

07-07-2011

Sunday, January 19, 2014 - 12:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamajenn a private message Print Post    
Now that you all say that, Evander's comments make a more sense.... oh my. Did anyone watch BOTS last night? Lionel stole the show.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, January 19, 2014 - 12:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yeah I agree about Evander, he doesn't quite understand something!

Luisa really surprises me with her behaviour. The people from the Jersey Shore type reality shows like Charlotte last year, and Sam (who?) this year I might expect to be as wild as that, but she was runner up in the Apprentice! She's trying to do well in business, it's strange that someone without any sort of filter cannot be concerned about how it will affect her life when she leaves the house. Maybe all attention is good attention in the baking business!

They nominated today. I wonder if they will still nominate Jim, as they now know he's the favourite. Probably, because it's easy. And I wonder if they will start finding reasons to not like Sam, now they know what competition she is.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Sunday, January 19, 2014 - 1:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Charlotte was more talk than action. Sam's claim to fame is proclaiming her love to scoundrel (a fanny rat as Jim coined), Mark Wright, who was the star of Towie but pretty much a nobody anywhere else except in his own mind.

I think Luisa just doesn't care. She has her own business, her own money, she doesn't have to answer to anyone: not a partner, not a boss, no one.

Her customers don't care about her private life as long as her products are good. According to wikipedia, she owns her own baking supply website, electronics business and cupcake shop.

If she was in corporate life, it would be a different story but as long as she's her own boss, no one can tell her what to do or not do.

Most women in corporate life fight hard to not be thought of as sex objects & to be respected for their logic & intelligence.

Sex is a wonderful thing if it's freely given but when it becomes expected, demanded or conditional it turns ugly. She is lucky that she hasn't seen the other side of the coin yet. It hasn't been that long since sex was almost a condition of employment for most women.

She may be having a blast, but I fear she's not the best role model for young women.

Mamajenn

07-07-2011

Sunday, January 19, 2014 - 4:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamajenn a private message Print Post    
I hope we are allowed to post links, I love this moment.
Lionel shutting Jaz down after several attempts at remaining a gentleman.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/celebrity-big-brother-watch-explosive-3037970#.UtxbzGQo62w

Jbw

08-14-2006

Monday, January 20, 2014 - 5:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
Willwillbee -

This explains the Frank Carson dressing room incident:

http://metro.co.uk/2014/01/18/jim-davidson-threatened-to-beat-up-linda-nolans-husband-over-frank-carson-dressing-room-theft-celebrity-big-brother-grudge-explained-4267721/

Jbw

08-14-2006

Monday, January 20, 2014 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    

I don't quite understand the Jim appeal but I have no idea who Jim & most of these people were prior to CBB. [Willwillbee]

The Jim appeal is much more understandable than either the Charlotte Crosby appeal from last season or this year's viewer support for Liz Jones.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, January 20, 2014 - 7:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Ah thanks for that info Jbw, I knew he had to be alluding to something specific between them that happened at the time of the incident, it made no sense for him to just throw a random incident out there to be cruel.