TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 10, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2014: CBB - Winter season - January 2014: Archive through January 10, 2014 users admin

Flagg

06-01-2005

Tuesday, January 07, 2014 - 7:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
I distinctly remember them mentioning a charge for text votes on BBUS.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Tuesday, January 07, 2014 - 7:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Here it is direct from the CBS/BB web site...

Each text message sent (up to the disclosed maximum) will incur a premium text messaging charge of One Dollar ($1.00) for each successful vote which will be billed to the wireless phone account or deducted from the prepaid balance, as applicable. In addition, for each text message sent to or received by a service subscriber of any participating wireless carrier, a standard messaging charge will be incurred, in accordance with that carrier's Terms and Conditions applicable to the particular voice/data rate plan. Message and data rates may apply. Voters should contact their wireless carrier for text messaging plan details.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_brother/favorite-houseguest-vote/terms

No idea where you got the idea that it was only a standard text charge.

So a CBB/BBUk vote costs 82% of the BBUS vote price or 79% using your $0.0375 standard text charge figured in.

Jbw

08-14-2006

Tuesday, January 07, 2014 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
Flagg

I stand corrected.

However, in your link it does show that there is a free voting option available for US viewers. It just isn't by text but by using the CBS.com website to vote.

As I wrote earlier I don't waste my time or my money voting for people on so-called reality television.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, January 07, 2014 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think people just feel they want to participate in the thing they've spent so many hours watching.

Jbw

08-14-2006

Tuesday, January 07, 2014 - 4:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
I think people just feel they want to participate in the thing they've spent so many hours watching. [Kitt]

Isn't that what forums like TV Clubhouse, Digital Spy and TWOP for?

They're a much better alternative than voting in that you can discuss the shows with other viewers and they're definitely easier on the pocketbook too. :-)

Sorry, I still can't get over the AU teen who allegedly spent over $1,000 voting trying in vain to get Tahan the 'win' over Tim.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Tuesday, January 07, 2014 - 5:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
Jbw ...okay confession time...I have paid to vote in both the UK and AU when you could use facebook voting,,,it did not cost as much as it does now..I spent not more than $20 over the two seasons ..but it made me feel a part of the process, I felt I was showing support for the players who I wanted to win...I did not vote in the celeb edition, I did for the civilian and the two in the UK I voted for won the series (Aarron and LukeA)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, January 07, 2014 - 6:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Just before Christmas my mum told me she voted in the final of Strictly Come Dancing (UK's DWTS), as it seemed like someone she didn't want to win would win. Plenty of old people would never dream of going to forums (and some younger people don't have the stomach for them, I'd never post on Digital Spy foe example!).

She voted five times at 15.2p each (I know because it's cheaper for them to receive their phone bill online than have it mailed, so I check it each month for them) so that's 76p or about $1.25 to make them happy (and their favourite did win, so they were very happy!).

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, January 07, 2014 - 6:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Today's show: they must have actually had a decent budget for the aliens! Lionel was hilarious copying the sounds (and good, I'd lost the last one)!

Amy

07-10-2002

Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Amy a private message Print Post    
Only caught the "eviction" tonight and Casey and Lee are going to the "bolt-hole", what a stupid name for the secret room.

Mamajenn

07-07-2011

Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 12:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamajenn a private message Print Post    
One thing that was not mentioned is they do offer contests for viewers. One season I think they gave away two cars and a luxury vacation. This season so far they are giving a very nice vacation package to some lucky viewer. I wish BBUS would do that! I also enjoy watching BOTS, most of it. I love when they bring in the shrinks or the body language experts, and that we get to see the DR room. They need to put cameras in the bathrooms!

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 8:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
What have they done to Emma's hair? Eeek.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
They take the cameras out for CBB.

There should be a provision in the contracts that if 2 people go in the toilet (for the purpose of avoiding cameras) BB should be allowed to film, a wall comes down exposing a 2 way mirror & they cut off (or at least control) the water supply. Even if they don't actually film, that might expose some of these runs to the toilet.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, Emma's hair!

Yesterday's show was pretty amazing! Lee has such a sweet persona but hmmmm maybe not so sweet in reality! Casey must have felt so awful, first she gets played by a scoundrel, and then everyone hates the scoundrel so much that they vote him out (so she thinks) sending her with him!

So awkward! And Casey's going to hear a lot from Jasmine (who doesn't seem the type to hold back) while they're in there to make it worse. Oh dearie dearie me.

And I wouldn't put it past Lee to make a move on Casey... can he really control himself for two whole nights? Somehow I doubt it.

Real eviction on Friday, normal nominations so presumably it's just a single.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Okay so she said Luisa/Evander had the most votes and were safe, but if they really had the most votes then they would be fake-evicted.

So did they actually get the least votes?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, she said outside that she was going to announce the couple with the least votes (to go in the bolt hole), then to the hms she announced them as having the most votes and being safe.

It sounded like Dappy was really popular. I don't know much about him but I would think from the crowd that he was a frontrunner.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 12:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Just checked the bookies' odds. This is the order they have of them to win, just to get an idea of the popular ones.

Ollie big favourite 1.5:1
Sam/Lionel/Dappy ~8:1
Casey 12:1
Jim/Luisa/Lee ~18/1
Evander/Linda ~30/1
Jasmine/Liz ~60/1

It surprises me that Jim isn't higher and that Sam is so high. Sam hasn't really stood out to me. I bet Lee was higher on day one.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 1:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Evander, Jazmine, Jim, Liz, and Luisa have been nominated for the first actual eviction- but of course there's a twist. On the eviction show the top three votegetters (it's a vote to save) will be announced and saved, then Casey and Lee will re-enter, and probably will be the ones to make the final decision between the remaining two as to who goes..

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Liz and Evander or Luisa will probably be in the bottom two, and Jasmine and Jim will be safe. Unless they see one of the bottom two creating trouble I bet Casey and Lee will take the easy option and say that someone (Evander?) seems miserable and would rather be outside with their family.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 5:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I never thought I would be so glad to see vote to save lol. I hope they use it for the whole series (instead of vote to evict).

Mamajenn

07-07-2011

Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 6:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamajenn a private message Print Post    
Well, the link I have used to watch all the shows so far is now restricted :-( If someone could please help me out by PM I would so appreciate it... just when I am hooked. Bummed out! :-(

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 7:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Casey and Lee got to see the nominations . Here are the nominations, just for the record.

Ollie: Liz (doesn't try to get to know them), Evander (doesn't cook, clean, etc.)

Evander: Jasmine (twists things with Lee and Casey), Ollie (strategy reasons)

Linda: Jim (snide remarks), Liz (difficult to get to know her)

Sam: Luisa (spreading stuff with Lee and Casey), Jim (upset Linda)

Dappy: Luisa (argues the most), Liz (said she didn't mind leaving, forgetting that Dappy would go too)

Lionel: Jasmine (screaming, shouting, getting drunk), Jim (takes over)

Luisa: Dappy (doesn't integrate, pointless), Jim (doesn't want to be there)

Liz: Luisa (shopping list issues), Evander (beliefs on animal rights)

Jim: Linda (don't like each other, angry, dangerous), Liz (feels the need to be wait on her)

Jasmine: Jim (argued), Liz (doesn't engage in conversation)

Jim, Liz 5
Luisa 3
Evander, Jasmine 2

Dappy, Linda, Ollie 1
Lionel, Sam 0

Interesting Luisa mentioned Jim wanting to leave, if he's said that a lot it might be a reason for Casey and Lee to get rid of him (IF he's in the bottom two). Thankfully Liz is saying the same, and she will definitely be bottom two imo.

Mamajenn

07-07-2011

Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 9:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamajenn a private message Print Post    
For some reason it worked after the 4th try.... determination works! lol I am not a Lee fan for the record, he is too much!

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Friday, January 10, 2014 - 1:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I pm you mamajenn

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, January 10, 2014 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'm going to spoil the eviction as long as my stream holds out, run away now if you don't want to know!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, January 10, 2014 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The tagline is "Who goes, Casey and Lee decide," so they definitely have the final say.

During the show they're going to save the hms with the most votes until two remain, then Casey and Lee decide who go. Casey and Lee don't know this is going to happen.

Crowd say:
Evander - light cheers
Jasmine - boos
Jim - cheers
Liz - mixed
Luisa - mixed with some boos