TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Project Runway (Season 20)!!!

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Fashion Design/Modeling/Pageant Shows: Project Runway (Season 20)!!! users admin

Project Runway
Project Runway (on bravo)

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through June 15, 2023Grooch25 06-15-23  2:02 pm
Archive through June 18, 2023Sincebb125 06-18-23  1:12 pm
Archive through July 07, 2023Seamonkey25 07-07-23  11:07 am
Archive through July 24, 2023Seamonkey25 07-24-23  8:03 pm
Archive through July 29, 2023Sincebb125 07-29-23  5:38 pm
Archive through August 14, 2023Lakecat25 08-14-23  1:46 am
Archive through September 10, 2023Lakecat25 09-10-23  10:31 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Maris

03-27-2002

Sunday, September 10, 2023 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Yes Lake I primarily grew up in NYC. My father was with the UN so we lived in NYC during the school year and went home to Ireland in the summers. I was positive from week one that Laurence would win. I was surprised that Bishme won but not disappointed.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, September 11, 2023 - 5:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Maris, I totally agree with you that Siriano is a better mentor than Tim Gunn. The whole season was a train wreck and I really blame it on production and the judges.

Little known tidbit about Lexie: I was born on Staten Island and lived on Governor's Island until my father was transferred (and my grandparents lived in Queens).

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, September 11, 2023 - 7:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
How much fun to live you alls childhood in nyc.

Maris

03-27-2002

Monday, September 11, 2023 - 7:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I live in Queens. Yes Lake, can you imagine playing hide and seek in Grand Central on the weekends when it was quiet. You couldnt do that today. We took our sleds and went down the hill on 42nd street, back in the day when you had to have chains on tires if it snowed (1960s). Went to the movies at Radio City Music hall back in the day when you could see a movie and the Rockettes.

Production ruined this season. They need new judges - Time for Nina Garcia to go. I would love to see Zac Posen come back, Maxwell is ok. Of course my all time favorite was Michael Kors. Lets see what happens next season if there is one.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, September 11, 2023 - 8:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
When I looked up Siriano, I saw that Brendon Maxwell had a show at the same time.

Just my opinion:
These are professionals with this show. they have lives that pay them better than the extra money and attention they get on the show. Like cooking shows or house repair shows with professionals, there are times when other pre-scheduled things interfere with the show schedule. Maybe a restaurant opening or a fashion week or a meeting with investors.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, September 11, 2023 - 8:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I get what you are saying Sadiesmom, but they only film one season a year over a course of about six weeks. As far as I'm concerned, there's no excuse for any judge to have a conflict when they are given the schedule months in advance. How many times did Heidi, Kors, Posen, etc. miss a show over the YEARS that they judged?

Maris

03-27-2002

Monday, September 11, 2023 - 8:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I agree Sadies but these people are given the schedules months in advance - if not a year in advance when they are signing contracts, especially the finale. They should be able to be at the finale. Production should have changed the finale taping, it wasn't during Market week and it was in a warehouse in Brooklyn - they could have moved it around.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, September 11, 2023 - 6:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
That’s what I thought with Claim To Fame when one of the Jonas Bros missed two shows. Geez, there’s only about 9 episodes.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, September 14, 2023 - 8:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Hey windows for filming and contacts with different businesses may limit movement, certain dates just can not be changed. I think, for singers, some contracts are signed over a year in advance and others at the last minute. I do not know how runway shows are schedules, but if multiple designers are involved, it may not be a movable date, while shows may not think that person is so important to the show, they show have days when nothing is happening.
The criticizer is not important to me, but every person is different. My opinion is not more important than anyone else's. To these shows, money wasted is a big deal.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, September 14, 2023 - 1:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
The point is Sadies is if Brandon had a show that day, then instead of making the designers design and show in 8 days knowing that Brandon would not be there... give them 10 or 14 days or whenever Brandon is not showing (especially since it was not during fashion week and they were in a warehouse in Brooklyn).

Maris

03-27-2002

Thursday, September 14, 2023 - 7:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Exactly Lexie!! Production had the flexibility with scheduling.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, September 15, 2023 - 5:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Money!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, September 17, 2023 - 2:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, I imagine that giving each of the judges and mentor days off saved them money and the could include more guest judges.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, September 18, 2023 - 4:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
By money I meant

The longer the show tapes, the more they have to rent locations, the longer they have to pay staff and crew, the longer they have to be insured, the longer they have to provide services to staff and crew). Being off schedule can delay contracts. Being off schedule is like throwing money out the window. it adds up quickly. Sometimes it is simpler to adapt to an issue.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, September 18, 2023 - 6:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Except this show is literally bare-bones as it is. The show now is a skeleton of it's former self when it was in its glory days. It would not have broken the network to give the designers another week (or even a few days) for Brandon. There is zero excuse for them not wait a few days especially since Brandon wasn't showing at Fashion Week.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: