TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 10, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Fashion Design/Modeling/Pageant Shows: Project Runway (Season 20)!!! : Archive through September 10, 2023 users admin

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, August 18, 2023 - 4:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I really wonder what is going on in Korto's private life and if there is a stress factor there that is causing her to take some things so personally at times while being a borderline bully at other times.

I thought Korto did an excellent job for what the challenge called for. I would have put her in third place. I would have sent Prajje or Rahmi home. Just my opinion but I think Korto has been borderline rude to Christian all season while covering it up as joking. I wonder if the judges had enough with her comments to them tonight.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, August 18, 2023 - 11:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
They seemed pretty irritated with her.

Maris

03-27-2002

Saturday, August 19, 2023 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Kiss of death to tell the judges that they send mixed messages. She was toast

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, August 20, 2023 - 1:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, her words and attitude were unwise for sure.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, August 20, 2023 - 4:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Well, I won't miss her one bit. If she was pissing me off, I'm sure Christian and the judges were tired of her crap.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, August 20, 2023 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
If you watch the Aftershow, with Christian, she had the same attitude. He was very sweet.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Sunday, August 20, 2023 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
She's going through a divorce.

I thought Rami should have been sent home last night.

And a designer gets a "sh*t!" from Nancy Garcia and you only come in 2nd. That sucks.

I liked Laurent's outfit, but the chest area didn't seem finished to me.

Korto should have been 3rd.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, August 25, 2023 - 3:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I loved the challenge this week and I agreed with the judges all around. I could easily see Billy Porter in Bishme's outfit and Harry Styles in Brittany's outfit. I love that the guest judge was so into the top three!! Congrats to Rami for taking the win!

I was surprised at how poorly Prajje's outfit came across on stage. The painted portion looked so poorly done. I was even more shocked at Laurence's piece. It was such an off week for her. I won't miss Prajje's attitude but he did leave graciously. I feel like there were alot of confrontations between him and others (Brittany) in previews that were never shown later. I think that was wise on Bravo's part.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, August 26, 2023 - 3:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I'm so out of it... when they were talking about these male stars(?) wearing these outfits, I had no clue who they were talking about.

Maris

03-27-2002

Saturday, August 26, 2023 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I loved Rami's outfit and he deserved the win. I did not like Brittany's outfit and I didnt miss the judges pointing out to her that it was very similar to a Gucci ensemble, cautioning her to be original. I think there is a backstory on Brittany that we are not seeing. I was glad Prajje was gone, his negativity and snarkiness was getting on my nerves and I think Christian's as well. I am really liking Christian as a mentor. He really does try to help the designers with advising the consequences of some of their decisions. As much as I loved Tim, he never did that. I liked Bishme's outfit and Laurence really checked out on that challenge. I think the three wins made her overconfident.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, August 26, 2023 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I was happy for Rami. As for judging what is peacocking, who knows, but certainly not me!

I would like to see Rami's in a color, too.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, August 27, 2023 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Laurence’ design was good for two separate pieces. She just exudes coolness.

Maris

03-27-2002

Friday, September 01, 2023 - 7:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Was sorry to see Rami go. I could see the bad seam work. It is obvious that either Laurence or Bishme will end up winning the whole thing. I think either one of them should win.

This is the third week in a row that the judges have referred to Brittany not having an original design. I think the only reason she went ahead is because last time she also didn't make it to the final and went out on the design.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, September 02, 2023 - 8:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Correct Maris... I think the seam work did him in. To me, avant garde is very subjective. I have always considered avant garde to be designs you can't wear because you either can't walk in them or you can't sit down in them.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, September 09, 2023 - 11:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
so..... what is Sirano doing on the runway this year?

Siriano marks 15 years in business with Sia singing and a sparkling ballet fantasy

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, September 09, 2023 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I thought Laurence was going to win. I actually thought it was between Laurence and Brittany. So was surprised that it was Bishme actually. But all of them were good.

Why didn't they just make the finale a four person finale? They have done that before. Rami deserved to be in finale.

And what of the mysterious absence of Brendan Maxwell?? He knows ahead of time when the finale takes place. In the past when Heidi or other judges couldn't make it they had them on a monitor judging. There has been no mention of why he couldn't make it.

Many are saying the judging was so off this season. That PR will probably be canceled. I will be sad if this happens. There is no other show like it. Even if this version is not it best, I still love it

Kappy

06-28-2002

Saturday, September 09, 2023 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
The minute I saw that white coat by Laurence, I thought she had it in the bag. I was surprised but not surprised by Bishme's win. I feel like his last dress that they all raved about has been seen in these finales how many times now with the exception of the silhouette on the front which in no way felt like anxiety but made for a good story.

Brittany and Laurence are both so mature and professional and established already that I think they were fine with his win in the end.

I actually thought this season was one of the better ones. Christian gets better each season with his mentoring. Judging is always going to be subjective. It's human nature.

As for Brandon Maxwell, it's very possible that life happened - covid, death in the family, you name it.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, September 09, 2023 - 2:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I also thought Laurence would win and wanted her to. I am happy for Bishme. I wish them all the best! This was an enjoyable season.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, September 09, 2023 - 3:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I think they have to re-boot this show or cancel it. We had Nina missing two seasons earlier, then one of the main judges isn't at the finale? Seriously?

And don't even get me started on them only getting eight days to make a collection when in the past they had 3-4 months. They didn't even get to show at Fashion Week. This show is getting trashed on Twitter as it should.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, September 09, 2023 - 3:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
And don't even get me started on them only having 3 1/2 hours to shop.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Saturday, September 09, 2023 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I was thinking that because some of these people are already established that perhaps they liked not having to give up months and months donated to the show. This way they get much needed exposure but they haven't lost all that time putting their business on hold.

On the after show, Laurence was talking about going to at least three or four stores that specialize in leather. They also showed the others heading to fabric stores other then Mood to shop.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, September 09, 2023 - 8:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
That is probably true.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Sunday, September 10, 2023 - 6:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
I have no issue if a judge is absent. We have no idea what might happen at any given moment.

Maris

03-27-2002

Sunday, September 10, 2023 - 7:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Lexie I agree with much of what you said. I think it is huge that they didn't show in Bryant park on Fashion week and showed in a warehouse in Brooklyn with only an audience of ex contestants and a few influencers. I really like Siriano as a mentor and really think he is better than Tim Gun. The judges really brought the show down this season. I don't know why they didnt give them 3 months. A little tidbit, one of the shops the contestants went to BJ Fabrics, I remember it from my childhood. My mother used to sew all her clothes and every week we would walk all the way across town on 40th from second avenue to 40th street on the west side to BJ Fabrics. The owner of the fabric store would always welcome us and show my mother the latest designers fabrics. He had Dior fabrics, Chanel, you name it. I wonder if the business stayed i the family.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, September 10, 2023 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
You use to live in NYC, Maris?
I figured it’d be Laurence, Bishme and Britney in that order.