TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 18, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Fashion Design/Modeling/Pageant Shows: Project Runway (Season 20)!!! : Archive through June 18, 2023 users admin

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, June 15, 2023 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
For being absolutely correct, Sincebb1 shows the ability of being a showrunner.

I am surprised of the range of years. I am surprised to see people who no longer design. Do they still have a point of view? To the woman who is a costume designer, won't she ha e to deal with costume as a constant insult?

I think the show can do so much more for the young.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, June 15, 2023 - 3:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I kind of think that there is so much variety in this all stars cast...that it will make for an interesting season. But because they are all established in their lives...does that mean they are more apt to get along...or more apt to have epic fights?

To have pulled designers from season one is crazy. When the girl that used to have the mohawk walked in.. I kept saying she looks familiar, but who is it??? Nora still works in fashion ..but how good of a seamstress is she at this point?

It was weird seeing "recreations" of the original outfit that set them home. Some weren't even made from the same fabric. But I don't know how this is going to be executed? They said that it doesn't have to be the same fabric or the same Silhouette. So do they just go back to the original concept? To make a wedding dress or a circus performer? Lol It's so open to interpretation. I mean, they don't even have the same original instructions

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, June 15, 2023 - 6:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
They have to honor the original vision. That gives them a wide latitude. The wedding dress can change into a spring dress with rose petals, the stilts with tall platform shoes.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, June 15, 2023 - 6:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Interesting to see most of them back. Notice that pretty much everyone winced seeing their "look".. except Hester who said she "stood by" her look, which was, to me, the most wince-worthy.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, June 15, 2023 - 11:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I thought the twist was going to be that they had to redo another designer's look lol I like the no immunity. I think it should always be like that, advantages and prize money.

It surprised me that most of the designers knew exactly what they were gong to make. Although, Prajje did say that he had been thinking since the day he got eliminated what he could have done differently.

I didn't really see the correlation or the inspiration translate from the original looks to the new, on most of them. Figured it might depend how they sold it to the judges.

As soon as I saw Nora putting together her look in the sewing room…I said that's the look that's going to bomb. When it came on the Runway it looked even worse than it did in the sewing room. Sad, because I really love Nora.

I liked Kayne's right away. I picked him to win. Strangely enough, I would not have picked the other ones as best and worst.

Cracked me up at the end..Nora saying see you in 20 years…lol…well if they are going to have a Senior Bachelor they should have a Senior Project Runway! Good idea lol

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, June 16, 2023 - 3:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The judges mentioned that Nora's model basically faded into the outfit due to color. If Nora hadn't traded models with Kara Saun things might have been different.

I thought Hester should have been in bottom 3. But pretty much everything about Hester annoys me.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, June 16, 2023 - 3:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I agree with SinceBB1. I loved Kane's outfit and Nora's looked like a bridesmaid's dress gone awry. There were a couple of others I thought should have been in the Top 3.

I do like that there is no immunity this season. It is always an issue when they do a team challenge and someone has immunity and that team loses.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Friday, June 16, 2023 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Sea, did the designers switch models before or after they went to Mood? I can't remember.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, June 16, 2023 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Sea and Grooch good points!...It seemed to not be right at the beginning, when they got their models? But later on... But because they were given time to sketch what they were doing. I'm not sure if it was in that interim? Would be interesting to know.

I say this every time it happens. I don't think you should be able to switch models, ever. I wish they would make that a rule. Whatever you got, you got. Female, male, Black, white, Middle eastern, Indian, Asian, overweight, thin, androgynous, non binary or how they identify, blond, red (haired), brunette, straight, gay....whatever you drew...that's yours. It's up to you as a designer to use makeup, wigs, hair pieces, accessories and your talent as a designer to pull off the look you intend.

As my memory serves (and i'm not saying my memory is good) seems to me that every time designers swapped models...the one that was nice enough to swap ends up going home or being in the bottom. It also causes much tension, that they can be asked and put in a bad position if they say no. Or maybe if they hadn't given in, maybe things would have gone differently. So no swapping allowed is what I'd like to see

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, June 16, 2023 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Well Nora picked a bad fabric, since she hasn't been sewing for years, and that was after Christian ran her off from the silk, which was another bad fabric for someone who hasn't been sewing much lately.

It was so dull, even if she hadn't switched models it would have still looked dull, and when I first saw it, I thought it was ugly.

I was surprised how much I enjoyed the show. I haven't watched in a while, so it was very fun. It would be so fun if they could get Michael Kors and some of the other old crew to return for a visit.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, June 16, 2023 - 2:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Dipo Totally right about bad fabric choices. Like Christian even should need to tell any designer on that show to stay away from a certain fabric. They should know already. But I still would like no swapping of models...even though I'm not sure that could have saved Nora.

I do miss Michael Kors. I tend to prefer a judge to be have actual experience in construction of an outfit to some celebrity who has no design experience. Unless it is like a Nicole Richie who actually has a clothing line. But even Nicole used to design and construct her own costumes when she was figure skater.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, June 16, 2023 - 5:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Grooch, what a good question... hmm did they switch models before going to Mood? And that would make a big difference!

I really like Kara Saun so I was hoping the switch didn't doom Nora but I am picturing them at the table and don't remember bags of fabric, so maybe Nora went to Mood knowing she was dressing a redhead. And if that was true, she definitely blew it on color..

And yes, several chose not so wisely with fabrics.

and yes, Christian is right pretty often.. like telling KaraSaun to remove jewelry but she still over did the embellishments. It may have been her mom's style but she should know better..

And for bridesmaid dresses, it wasn't all that bad.. there are so many hideous bridesmaid dresses out there..

And yes, the whole concept of the starting with a failed design from the past just didn't work in almost every case, at least for me.

I did enjoy seeing most of them and the interactions. I am certainly happy to have the show back on my TV, especially since so many shows I watch are not just on hiatus but not filming for next season right now.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, June 16, 2023 - 5:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yep...me too...I'll take Project Runway...or even Making The Cut (is it cancelled or renewed?) in any form they give us!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, June 16, 2023 - 6:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed it, fun seeing some of them again. Whatever happened to Santino?

I really dont think it is fair some get plus size models and some get Twiggy type models. I dont mind a plus size challenge where they all have the same type of model. It just doesnt seem fair since clothes really do look better on thin models.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, June 16, 2023 - 7:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I looked up Santino and apparently nothing listed as a credit after Drag Race but I see he was pushing a 111 day juice fast in 2017 and then was pushing conspiracy theories about the COVID virus AND the vaccines so maybe they just didn't include him.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, June 17, 2023 - 1:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Sad to see her go I’d like to see more by her especially since it’s been almost 20 yrs. I love Christian but not digging his comb over. I

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, June 18, 2023 - 4:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
They switched the models after they went to Mood. The beginning of the show was them outside with Christian where he brought out their failed challenges. They then had 30 minutes to sketch before going to Mood. They went to the studio and picked out their tables after Mood.

(I think...)

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, June 18, 2023 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
With so many shows on tv at the moment that I think of as fillers or just outright junk that's been pulled up from the basement, it was a delight to see this show with so many diverse personalities and talent. I loved seeing Kara Saun again and it was nice to see where life has led Nora. Congrats to her on what she has accomplished. Looking forward to the rest of the season.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Sunday, June 18, 2023 - 10:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Sincebb1, Nicole Richie was never a figure skater, (that was Vera Wang)

They switched models in the workroom when at the same station and Kara Saun was talking about how she wanted to honor her mom with an African American model….

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, June 18, 2023 - 11:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
https://www.ask.com/culture/vera-wang-figure-skater-fashion-pop-culture-icon

Grooch

06-16-2006

Sunday, June 18, 2023 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Out of curiosity, did she want, or had a specific reason to honor her mother on the very first challenge?

I mean, she didn't know if she would get an African American model or not, and it was very important to her to have one.

I hope i can get my wording right to get my thoughts out.

The challenge was to redo a bomb you made in the spirit of the bomb you made.

Kara wanted to honor her mother on the very first challenge, and she specifically wanted an A.A. model, yet she had no idea if she would get one or not. So, she designed a dress for her mother using the fabric she brought from home. She also said something to the effect that the dress she designed had nothing to do with what the challenge was about.

So, she could have waited and made the dress for her mother on any of the future challenges when she knew she would have an A.A. model. (And a challenge when her dress would fit the theme and not chance being out because of that.)

And, since she was using fabric she brought from home, did she buy any fabric at Mood? She had the money to spend on new fabric. She could have had a back up plan.

Which makes me believe that she (and probably most of the others, like the guy saying the leg straps represented stilts, he lucked out on that one) had come up with their design for the first challenge week's before they taped the first episode.

I can understand why, but it is risky if you can't match the look to the challenge. Have a back up plan. Or, how good a designer are you if you can't pivot on a dime? Let's see how she and the stilts guy do in the next challenge.

And what is up with Anna (the Chinese lady). Is she still suffering the effects from the car accident from last year? She is one odd chick.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Sunday, June 18, 2023 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Wait a minute. I'm thinking they grabbed the model cards when they grabbed their sketch books. So, she knew, but couldn't pivot. The pressure is on.

And Nora totally screwed up on the color of her material. Someone does that every season.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, June 18, 2023 - 12:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Legal Sorry but Nicole Richie was a figure skater. I have seen her skate. She was on a team with my friends daughter. She competed at a national level before she decided to quit.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Sunday, June 18, 2023 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Guess Wikipedia needs updating 😀.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, June 18, 2023 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I never have trusted Wiki lol