TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
The Returned - French Version (on Sun...

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Returned: The Returned - French Version (on Sundance) users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through November 10, 2013Naja25 11-10-13  1:20 pm
Archive through November 29, 2013Kitt25 11-29-13  5:59 pm
Archive through December 16, 2013Babyjaxmom25 12-16-13  2:18 pm
Archive through March 08, 2014Kitt25 03-08-14  1:26 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Just thought I'd check... the French series wasn't based on Jason Mott's 2013 book at all, it was based on a screenplay by two French people written in 2004.

No wonder they aren't the same....!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I saw they were playing The Returned on Sundance today so I set to tape them all.

I am looking forward to Resurrection tonight.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The other day I saw an article saying A&E have order the Returned to series, starting 2015. It's being done by Carlton Cuse so could be good.

Here it is:
http://tvline.com/2014/04/29/ae-the-returned-adaptation/

So that's the source of the confusion over Resurrection, it was just a coincidence it aired at a similar time, it wasn't the adaptation they were talking about back then. I wonder if ratings for Resurrection will affect the new Returned? Kind of odd to have two such unusual but similar shows airing at the same time (assuming Resurrection gets renewed).

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Kitt, remember we were talking about that last November in this thread?

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=109506

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 11:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
That's what I meant, Naja, I remembered we were talking about it back then but when Resurrection appeared I thought that show was the adaptation, so I was so confused when it turned out to be based on a different story.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Oh, ok. But if you read back to the first page of this thread, we did figure out that the A&E show was based the French show of this thread "The Returned" and that ABC had their own based on the book Mamie had read and it was different.

No big deal, just saying we did know this awhile back.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I forget such things, Naja! All I remembered was adapation then everything went haywire ;).

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, January 09, 2015 - 1:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just saw that the American version of this will be premiere on A&E on March 9! It's name will remain "The Returned".

It's hard to imagine it being anywhere as good and creepy as the original, but I admit I am looking forward to it.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, January 11, 2015 - 12:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Whatever happened to the French version? I loved it, even though it was in French. I still have it in my DVR in hopes that a second season will show up someday.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, January 11, 2015 - 1:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
For some reason they took a long time to get round to season two. It's filming now through March. There will be eight episodes, not sure when they will air, I'd guess no earlier than late summer.

Season two (very rough translation): it's six months since all the Returned came and took Simon, Camille, Julie and Victor. Now Adele is about to give birth to Simon's child, no sign of the Returned except a few rumours. "An unknown man comes into town. His name is Berg, and he seems to know more than he pretends. Then follows a new wave of the Returned."

http://www.canalplus.fr/c-series/c-news-series/cid1137207-les-revenants-saison-2-entre-en-tournage.html (in French)

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, January 12, 2015 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
""An unknown man comes into town. His name is Berg, and he seems to know more than he pretends. Then follows a new wave of the Returned." "

That kinda sounds like last night's episode of Resurrection!

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, January 12, 2015 - 4:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
That would be funny, since so many things from Resurrection were from The Returned.

The two things that come to mind first are how the returned are so hungry all the time, and how so many of them died in a flood that was nearby.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, February 28, 2015 - 9:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The first episode of the American version just showed in the tv listings, and I noticed the episode name is the same as the French version. It's titled "Camille". That makes me think they are going to follow it pretty closely to the French version.

Premiere March 9

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 12:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
If anyone is interested this will start on Canadian TV March 9 on A&E.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 2:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I found two teaser trailers for season 2 of the French version. It doesn't start until fall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OENxh5ClQU

And a little bit better one here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IFAc9qi-nk#t=50

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 3:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Naja!

Having a for the fall wait.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Season 2 starts, finally, on October 31st on Sundance. It starts a month earlier in France, and maybe other countries, so beware of spoilers.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, October 18, 2015 - 11:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just saw the preview. Oh my, it's going to be good.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, October 28, 2015 - 5:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
3 more days until season 2, Halloween night :-)

I noticed all of season and 1 and 2 are on youtube for anybody that doesn't have Sundance channel.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, October 28, 2015 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Seriously?! I just deleted it from my season pass, thinking it was never going to return. Gotta go re-program now. Oh boy. I enjoyed this version so much more than the American version, even with the subtitles.

Alisons

01-10-2003

Wednesday, October 28, 2015 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alisons a private message Print Post    
This is probably my favorite TV show ever. However, I tend to gain weight watching it since it makes me want to eat!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, November 01, 2015 - 3:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I'm so confused! I was hoping somebody here would explain it all to me. Maybe I'll go look and see if I can find a recap.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, November 01, 2015 - 3:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Here's a recap that was written when this episode was first shown in the UK. They describe it as being "enigmatic." Very fitting.

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/2015/oct/16/the-returned-recap-season-two-episode-one

Alisons

01-10-2003

Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 5:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alisons a private message Print Post    
I loved the part of the article above where they talked about it always being twilight - I had noticed that, plus I think they film with blue light. LOVE THIS SHOW. Episode teasers for every episode are on Wikipedia, but I am trying to avoid reading them. I thought the first episode of season 2 was GREAT!!!

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, November 04, 2015 - 11:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I was afraid they were going to make a bigger deal out of "the hoard". I thought it was going to turn into a typical zombie show.

I was so happy they toned down that aspect of the show. Because the real interest in this show comes from the individuals and their interactions, as well as history.

I think they figured that out after so many people were aggravated at the finale last year.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, November 08, 2015 - 6:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
This show makes no sense. But I still love it. I'm fascinated for some reason.

Here's the recap for episode 2:

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/2015/oct/23/the-returned-recap-season-two-episode-two-milan

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, December 11, 2015 - 9:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I have been enjoying this season 2 so much! I was afraid "the horde" was going to turn into the more traditional type "zombies", and I am so thrilled they didn't.

I thought it was genius how they anchored Tomi and Serge's dad to the bottom of the lake. I mean every time he would come back to life, he would drown again....LOL
But dangit, they found his body and he's back :-(
It sure was interesting finding out why Serge was a crazy serial killer. His dad was crazier than he was!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 4:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Just watched the season finale and I have more questions than were answered! Is this show coming back for a third season? They seemed to tie up most of the storylines, even though I'm still confused. Gonna go see if I can find a recap that will spell it out for me.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 5:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Here's a recap, in case anyone is still interested. The author had the same questions I did.

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2015/dec/06/the-returned-recap-episode-eight-the-returned

Melfie1222

07-29-2002

Monday, December 28, 2015 - 1:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Melfie1222 a private message Print Post    
I'm super confused, and I love it. Every episode was like watching a dream. Nothing makes perfect sense, as in this can't really happen exactly this way, and yet it is.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, December 28, 2015 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I think they left a lot of things open to interpretation, which is not necessarily a bad thing. At the end when Victor and Julie were at the beach with "Ophelie" (read that in the recap, who the heck is Ophelie?), I was wondering if it was like Lost, and they were all dead. Maybe they were in heaven.

Melfie1222

07-29-2002

Wednesday, December 30, 2015 - 2:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Melfie1222 a private message Print Post    
Ophelie is the nurse who saw Julie with Victor's father at the hospital, recognized that Julie was sort of 'lost' and put her in a room where the hospital was closed, gave her clothes, checked in on her etc. But also recognized she had some connection to the old man in the hospital bed, so would bring her back in to see him. Connections. I'm still trying to put them together :-) This is one of those things you almost have to watch twice, and there are so many other things already....

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, December 30, 2015 - 12:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Melfie! I didn't recognize Ophelie (and didn't even know that was her name!). I was thinking it was Julie's police officer girlfriend from the first season, but she was probably killed off with the other police officers in the flood--and tied to a tree.

It was a fun show, but I think I'm done now. I had fun trying to remember my high school French.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: