TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 16, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Returned: The Returned - French Version (on Sundance): Archive through December 16, 2013 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, November 29, 2013 - 6:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Kitt, the twins weren't sharing on purpose. The boy was Camille's BF. Lena pretended to be sick to stay home from the trip in order to fool around with Camille's BF behind her back. Lena and the boy betrayed Camille.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, November 29, 2013 - 6:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Also, the way it seems to me, is that most of the hostility Lena is having toward Camille right now isn't simply because Camille is a zombie. I think it's because she feels guilty. And deep inside she knows that Camille knows she screwed her BF on the day she died.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, November 29, 2013 - 7:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Didn't Camille say something (last episode or so) like "we have an agreement?" I took that to mean it was okay but thinking back it could have meant they'd agreed not to go after each others' boyfriends. It seemed to me like Camille knew before the event though that Lena was going to be with Frederic, both when she left and in the bus when she felt them together. I might record the repeats on Sunday but that it might not help if I never get time to watch them!

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, November 29, 2013 - 7:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Yes, the way I took it was the agreement meant if one girl like a boy, then the other stayed away.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, November 29, 2013 - 7:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
oops, should have been "if one girl liked a boy".

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, November 30, 2013 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I've set the first episode to record again, not that it's going to help with their more recent conversations, but when I want to see the looks between them right when it happened.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, December 01, 2013 - 4:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Watched the end of the first episode again, Yep, Lena and Frederic knew it was Lena, it was only Camille that didn't. There's some play between them about him not knowing and she might be Camille (that's what got me confused) but it seems like it was just Lena teasing.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, December 01, 2013 - 6:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
And then to bring more sense to it, remember how on the bus Camille was feeling her sister was having sex, and when she realized what was going on, she got so upset she tried to stop the bus and get off. But that happened to be when Victor was on the street and caused the bus to go off the road.

They have made it clear over and over that none of the returned can remember what happened when they died, so when Camille came back, she didn't (doesn't) remember that she had realized Lena was with her boyfriend right before she died in the crash.

Is that clear as mud? LOL

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, December 01, 2013 - 7:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
To me the big topic now is how we found out that Simon actually killed himself. He didn't die accidentally in that car crash like Adele has been told all these 10 years. So of course that has made his daughter and Adele not want him back. And of course Simon doesn't remember, so it makes no sense to him. And Simon is shot dead (again) by the new cop boyfriend.... or is he...hmmmm....LOL

My least favorite part of the whole story is Simon being the suspect for the serial killer's murders.

I really don't like Adele's boyfriend. He seems so controlling and overbearing.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, December 01, 2013 - 10:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I forgot about her wanting to get off the bus. I have the same problem with books, by the time I get to know the characters I can't quite remember what they did in the first few chapters!

I don't think they can die again so I assume Simon is still "alive." And now probably rather unhappy at the boyfriend ;). Yeah, I think the boyfriend thinks he's doing the best thing by having the cameras (so he can check Adele isn't killing herself) but if it's been this long (was is seven years?) and she's still suicidal perhaps she needs more than a camera.

I wonder if no one can die any more. There's that girl in the hospital who seems to be coming back to life after Serge killed or almost killed her.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, December 09, 2013 - 7:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Hmmmm what are they up to in the woods? They looked a bit menacing.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, December 09, 2013 - 7:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I think they might be zombies who came back with no place to go. Maybe their families and homes are long gone. Homeless zombies.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, December 09, 2013 - 8:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I am guessing that the story Adele told the children about the old dam breaking and flooding the whole town may have a lot to do with things. I think many many people were killed that day.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, December 09, 2013 - 10:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yeah, those who didn't have living connections in the town.

I wasn't paying enough attention again, because I missed Adele's story. Was it right at the beginning when she was reading to the children, when she didn't know Simon was real?

I'm beginning to get nervous that the end of the season will not answer all my questions!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, December 09, 2013 - 10:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Me too! Isn't there only one more episode to go? I love this show!!!

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, December 09, 2013 - 10:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Spoiler to reply to Kitt's comment "I'm beginning to get nervous that the end of the season will not answer all my questions!".

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
You got that right. But articles about the show say season 1 is the questions, season 2 is the answers

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, December 09, 2013 - 10:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
There's 2 eps left to season 1.

Windowbox

05-10-2011

Tuesday, December 10, 2013 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Windowbox a private message Print Post    
I am a little shocked by the nudity in this show. I guess I'm just not used to the French ideas regarding it. When they were in the autopsy room, I thought do they not put a sheet on their deceased like we do here? But, I love the story and I am worried about Leah now that the Returned have noticed she saw them.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, December 10, 2013 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I was shocked when he walked away they only showed his backside, that was quite restrained for the French!

Bit disappointed by what's in the spoiler box, Naja... it's going to be a long break before season two! :-)

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, December 10, 2013 - 2:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I will not look, I will not look, I will not look . . .

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, December 10, 2013 - 5:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I don't think it's really spoilery... doesn't say what actually happens. I looked and appreciated it!

Windowbox

05-10-2011

Tuesday, December 10, 2013 - 6:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Windowbox a private message Print Post    
Kitt, what I was referring to was when Simon was laying on the table in the autopsy room. Full frontal nudity.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, December 10, 2013 - 6:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
ohhhhh, I thought you meant the spoiler box, lol!!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, December 16, 2013 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Yikes, more full frontal! Ewww!!!

I was so grossed out when Simon was pulling his skin off and then ate it! EWWWWWWWW!!!

They're all starting to fall apart. What happened to Serge? I was expecting him to try to drown his brother in the lake, but then something grabbed him. I'm surprised his brother got away!

I'm sad next week is the finale. I fear they're not going to give us any closure.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, December 16, 2013 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Okay, Naja, I finally broke down and looked at your spoiler box above. I just can't resist the black boxes. Not really a spoiler, but it's as I feared. I wonder if they intend to have more than 2 seasons of this show. I'd like to see it all wrapped up and not become the French version of Lost. Or should I say, "Perdu"?