TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 29, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Returned: The Returned - French Version (on Sundance): Archive through November 29, 2013 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, November 10, 2013 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
This town must be really small, because slowly we are finding out that everyone pretty much knows everyone. Or at least all the zombies and their friends and families did in some small way, or even big way.

The one scene I thought was funny in a gruesome way was when Alcide's brother showed up alive behind him, and he turned around and hit him with a shovel. And then when Alcide finally came back out of the house, his zombie brother hit him back with the shovel....LOL

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, November 10, 2013 - 3:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I found this cool website that asks and answers basic questions about the episodes. As long as you don't look further than episodes you have already seen, you won't get spoiled.

Q&A for episode 1
http://seriable.com/the-returned-1-01-camille-questions-answers/

Q&A for episode 2
http://seriable.com/the-returned-1-02-simon-questions-answers/

eta: and the unanswered questions just below the answered ones really get you thinking.

Scout

01-19-2005

Sunday, November 10, 2013 - 9:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
I watched the first episode on iTunes. It is really good. The bad thing is that we don't get Sundance channel so I will have to buy the rest of the series on iTunes to find out what happens.

It reminds me a lot of "The 4400" except the people returning here were known to be dead and had not just disappeared.

I want to know more about who Victor is and why he followed the doctor home.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, November 10, 2013 - 9:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
There's something interesting about Victor they seem to be trying to get us to notice, since they showed it twice already. The fact that he was the one standing in the street 4 years ago causing Camille's bus driver to swerve and run the bus off the cliff. But the bus didn't hit him.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, November 11, 2013 - 2:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I think the reason this show didn't record is that it has an "old" date on it. It shows that it originally played back in the spring, so the DVR classified it as a rerun. I changed the settings to record "all" instead of just "new" shows.

On another site I was reading, they were talking about the symbolism of the credits sequence (which I have a bad habit of just FFing through). They show dead animals floating in the lake, a couple making out next to two graves (I think those are the serial killer guy and his mother's graves) and a little girl playing in a playground all alone--look at the puddle and you see two other children reflected in the puddle, only they're not really there. Spooky!!!

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 - 5:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just saw the article about the remake. It's A&E that is doing the American remake, and they started development in September. So it will be quite awhile before it makes it to the air.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=109506

I have a funny feeling that most of watching the original won't be satisfied with the remake no matter what. This show is just too good.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 - 8:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Babyjaxmom, I have to tell you something about the scenes shown in the opening credits only if you want to know. I won't be specific, but I will still put it in spoiler tags because I guess technically it's a spoiler.

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Some of those scenes are actual scenes from the show. Not symbolism. And as freaky as those scenes are that you think they have to be symbolism, no they aren't!

That's why this show is nuts!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Ooooh, Naja! You know I can't resist looking at a black box/spoiler. That's kind of cool, but not really too spoilerish. I'm obsessed with this show!

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, November 14, 2013 - 12:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
heads up: Everyone double check that your dvr is set to record one of tonight's showings.

Gosh I wish they aired the new ep a few more times in the week. And I am guessing it's not in on-demand because of some agreement of itunes? Who knows.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, November 16, 2013 - 7:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I couldn't find it in On-Demand, but I was able to watch last week's ep on iTunes.

Now we know why Julie has those scars on her stomach. And as gross as it was, I'm kind of glad Victor took care of the nosy neighbor. She was really annoying.

Poor Adele's fiance (can't remember his name!). I guess the wedding's off.

I'm so obsessed with this show!

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, November 16, 2013 - 7:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I do enjoy foreign films, but just like everything else, some are bad.

One thing I noticed is if a foreign film is good, you don't remember the subtitles.

Like if you think back to an ep of this show. Do you remember it in French with subtitles? Nope, you just remember it. It may as well have been in English as far your memory is concerned. That's how good it was.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, November 17, 2013 - 8:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I used to hate watching foreign films, cause I have trouble paying attention to the action and reading the subtitles simultaneously. But as I'm getting older, I find that people on a lot of shows mumble their lines (ha!) and I can't understand the dialogue, so I'm using CC more and more. Especially shows with accents, like Elementary.

Zeyna

07-15-2001

Sunday, November 17, 2013 - 8:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zeyna a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the recommendation Naja. We are very much enjoying this series so far. It is somewhat disturbing, but definitely worth watching. Don't let the subtitles stop anyone from checking it out, they are hardly noticeable.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, November 21, 2013 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Tonight they show little Victor's back story. (Remember to check your dvrs to make sure one of the showings is set to record tonight!)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, November 21, 2013 - 7:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I am intrigued. I'm up to date (finally) with it except the one that's recording right now. Is the creepy kid the same boy/man as the murderer... but I don't know how that makes sense with everything else. And the scar on Lena's back seems to be growing... No idea what's going on but I'm intrigued.

And what was that dead thing in Camille's maman's bin?!

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, November 21, 2013 - 9:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
No Kitt, Serge is the serial killer. Tonight we found out about Victor's past and that's where the show got confusing for me!

OK, so it says before Victor's murder scene tonight "25 years ago". So victor was killed 25 years ago.

BUT, Camille died 4 years ago, and Victor was standing in the street forcing the bus driver swerve off the road.

This is where things got weird for me.

So Victor died 25 years ago. But, he was standing on the road 4 years ago causing Camille's bus to go off the road.

So Victor has been back from the dead at least 4 years longer than the rest of the ones we have been shown.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, November 21, 2013 - 10:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
And Kitt, I am thinking the carcass in the bin may be the scraps of something Camille may have dined on. But I truly have no idea. That's just a guess.

I just have to keep reminding myself these people are zombies even though they seem normal. That's the only way I can make sense of anything on this show.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, November 21, 2013 - 11:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
ooops, everywhere I said 25 years, I meant 35 years. Victor was murdered 35 years ago.

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Saturday, November 23, 2013 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
Sundance is showing the entire series up to now on Sunday, Dec. 1st, for anyone else like me who missed a few episodes. Have lost the plot but will get caught up.

http://www.sundancechannel.com/schedule#day/2013/12/01

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, November 23, 2013 - 6:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Did anyone else catch toward the end of the episode that the guy who runs the shelter (Pierre?) said almost word for word what the burglar said to Victor before his partner killed him? Is he the same guy? If he is, I think Victor will make him his next victim.

I'm confused about the lake. Wasn't the water level dropping? Why are they talking about flooding? This show is so intriguing, but they give me way too much credit for being able to remember the little details from episode to episode. Not so much.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, November 27, 2013 - 1:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Babyjax, the water level falling was on the upper side of the dam, not a normal lake. So I figure the flooding and plumbing problems is that water going somewhere.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, November 27, 2013 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I just watched the last show last night... there have been some creepy things in this show but Pierre saying those words was one of the creepiest! I even saved the show after I'd watched it to play to hubby to tell me if Pierre had an evil face, or whether he was just reacting to Victor's scared face, I thought it was evil, he thought it was just a reaction.

Yes, I think the upper side of the damn is leaking into the lower side (which isn't meant to have water). If they can't find and plug a leak presumably the town could flood.

Without the scar on Lena's back I might be vaguely going along with the plot, but I'm just completely confused by the scar, and what looks like dying tissue around it. I don't know if some zombie got in because of her closeness to Camille (they were twins, yeah?) or whether Camille is somehow sucking the life out of Lena so Lena will become the zombie and Camille will live properly.

This so better have a good ending!

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, November 28, 2013 - 8:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
All I can think of Kitt is how they are special twins and experience and feel what the other feels. (remember Camille actually felt her own body orgasming when it was Lena having sex with the boy) So since Camille is actually dead, I was thinking that maybe Lena is also experiencing it in a way.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, November 29, 2013 - 3:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Here's my interpretation of what happened between Victor and Pierre last night.

I think Victor can make people hallucinate or relive things. So he made Pierre relive what happened the night Victor was killed, and gave him a chance to redeem himself to see if he would "try harder" to save Victor. And he did. So Victor let him live.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, November 29, 2013 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It certainly seemed like he relived it and saw it, rather that just a memory kind of thing, but I wasn't sure if it was Victor showing him what he should have done, rather than Pierre. If they weren't interrupted then I don't know if Victor would have let him live or not.

Back in what I think was episode one, were Camille and Lena kind of sharing Frederic? Or at least was Camille letting Lena have Frederic without Frederic knowing? Or vice versa. I'm not even sure which one was actually going out with him, because the way Camille was talking this time it seems like she was the one originally dating Fredric.

Yeah, Lena sharing what Camille is feeling makes a lot of sense (re the scar).

The animals in the water were spooky. I wonder if they'd come back and realised they weren't right some how and killed themselves, or whether they were fleeing from zombie wolves or something out there. Or maybe they can sense impending doom like they can earthquakes.