TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 08, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Returned: The Returned - French Version (on Sundance): Archive through March 08, 2014 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, December 16, 2013 - 7:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Even if it does end up that way, BabyJax, you have to admit this journey is pretty fun :-) I love this show.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 - 8:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Mmmm when my flesh rots and I pull it off I like to eat it too . I hope another bit of him doesn't rot and fall off.

Why did Victor make Chloe see her mum with her wrists slit? Does that mean Adele was dead and came back then? Or is he just a mean little boy?

The revenants were in Tony's bar... why? And why did Peter have a basement full of supplies, and an operation room!!?

Is the water in the lake at the dam going to "kill" the revenants? The animals in the lake were dead, now Serge goes in and dies... or something.

So many more questions than answers!

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 - 9:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I think I have the answer to one of your questions.

Now remember, Adele and Chloe found out Simon committed suicide, and then they decided to hate him and not want him back for that single fact. They thought he didn't want them.

So by Victor showing Chloe that her mom tried to commit suicide too, she could know it didn't have anything to do with her. They were both just troubled. Oh, And Adele didn't die. The boyfriend saved her in time. I think that flashback was in the ep before this one.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 - 9:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The flashback was this episode, it did look like she was found in time but I wondered if she'd died in the same way the new stabbed girl (not Victor's caregiver) died, i.e. she lived despite all odds.

I like your answer though, Victor could have been sticking up for his fellow deadie.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 - 9:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Yes, for sure, that's exactly how I saw it. Victor was trying to stick up for Simon so his daughter wouldn't hate him.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 - 10:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
That would mean he knows things he hasn't been told (assuming Chloe didn't tell him that when they were on the trampoline) which would further add to him being unique among the revenants (as he was around at the time of Camille's bus crash, not recently returned like the others). Might be why he's particularly creepy too ;).

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 - 11:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I have a feeling a lot of the dead have powers and don't know about them yet. Victor has been around dead a long time (at least 4 years) to know a lot of things. Whereas people like Simon and Camille just came back and haven't a clue yet.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, December 19, 2013 - 9:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Hmmm so Adele has a zombie baby inside her, the town is flooded, Victor (Louie) made Toni hallucinate and kill himself, and they're still coming for Adele.

Funny they don't care about Serge or his mum.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, December 20, 2013 - 9:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Kitt, you have me a little confused. I didn't see that Serge's mom came back. Did I miss something?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, December 20, 2013 - 10:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Near the end when Toni was dead and on the operating table the final shot of them down in that room had not just Serge standing with him but a little woman with dark hair who I assumed was their mother. (Also when Toni was in the woods he saw an old woman in a denim dress similar to the one Lena borrowed, I thought that might be her too, but wasn't sure.)

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, December 20, 2013 - 10:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Wow, I didn't even notice that little lady in the room before until you made me go over it again. And I watched that ep at 3 times.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, December 21, 2013 - 5:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I caught that too, Kitt! That was definitely their Maman! (I love that this show is helping me brush up my French.)

When does season 2 come out? Is it available on iTunes yet? I don't think I can wait another year!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, December 21, 2013 - 5:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
"Patience, patience, la saison 2 des Revenants ne sera pas sur canal + avant fin 2014 (le tournage ne devant commencer qu'en novembre / décembre prochain)."

et aussi "probablement en saison 3"

http://series-tv.premiere.fr/News-video/Les-Revenants-la-fin-de-la-saison-1-la-saison-2-et-la-3-par-Fabrice-Gobert-3830877

It's going to be a very long wait, sounds like it might not even be until 2015. And I don't actually know if I like the idea of a season three, because it might mean they stretch things out and don't give us good answers. Much better than them just cancelling it though!

I know just enough French that it bothers me when the actors don't say what the captions say, but not enough that I can do without the captions. And it's funny how some of them are almost impossible to make out, like they mumble or something.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, December 22, 2013 - 3:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Kitt, I even have that trouble with American TV! The older I get, the more the actors on TV seem to mumble!

I know just enough French that I can catch it too, every once in a while, when the captioning doesn't match the dialogue. I find that happens on English-speaking TV, too though. And sometimes what's typed in the CC isn't even close to what they say on-screen. I wonder if they produce the CC from a script and sometimes the actors go off-script a bit. Doesn't usually affect the plot, but it annoys me that it's inaccurate. Ah, perfectionism is a heavy burden.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, December 22, 2013 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Argh! Je ne sais pas qu'assez de français le lise!

Rieann

08-26-2006

Monday, January 06, 2014 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
This show is SO GOOD!! FREAKY!!!

I watched the first three episodes yesterday and I'll start the fourth after I make this post. I'm having fun reading the comments here after I watch each episode. I haven't spoiled ahead.

Little Victor is a complete doll but he gives me the willies (lol). I'm happy he took out "Gladys Kravitz".

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, January 07, 2014 - 12:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Wheeee!!! I just finished. I'm bummed that we have to wait so long for the next season!

I loved reading the posts after each episode. Thanks everyone!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, February 05, 2014 - 5:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I was just looking at the library for something to read and found the book this is based on! Strangely, it's by an American author and seems to be based in the US, although people are being returned all over the world.

I won't spoil, of course, but it will be interesting to see if the ABC version is based on the French miniseries or this book, they seem quite different (just from the blurb on the cover).

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 6:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Kitt, the ABC series is based on the book, which I read not to long ago.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 6:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I believe the ABC version is called "The Resurrected" and it starts on March 9, a Sunday.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 6:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
So soon! Mamie and I can be the annoying people who try very hard not to reference the book but then say something we're not meant to by mistake ;).

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 7:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Like watching Under the Dome! LOL

It's hard when they totally change things from the book.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, February 08, 2014 - 1:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Under the Dome was SO different from what happened in the book that I just couldn't stick with it. That and they lost me with the implausibility of some things happening.

Hmmmmm, now I'm wondering if I should go and read the book?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, February 08, 2014 - 11:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I just saw a trailer for the ABC show, it has a very different feel to the French one, less spooky and more Stephen King-ish. It also stars the guy who played Red Foreman in That 70's Show.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
For anyone who was interested in the book, it will NOT spoil the French series at all. Apart from people coming back from the dead it had almost nothing in common with the series, I almost wonder if it wasn't even based on it.

The Resurrection starts tomorrow on ABC, and that is based on the characters in the book, but I imagine they're going to have to have a lot more going on than what's in the book for the show to succeed (I thought the book was interesting, but really nothing much happened).