TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Janet Evanovich fans

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Library: Janet Evanovich fans users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
ARCHIVESMamie31606-17-08  2:38 pm
Archive through June 19, 2011Kappy25 06-19-11  3:23 pm
Archive through January 26, 2012Supergranny25 01-26-12  7:35 pm
Archive through February 02, 2012Tntitanfan25 02-02-12  10:50 am
Archive through February 16, 2014Mameblanche25 02-16-14  11:59 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Tresbien

08-26-2002

Wednesday, May 25, 2016 - 7:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tresbien a private message Print Post    
When I lamented finishing all of the Janet books in my library's collection, a friend said if I like her I might enjoy Joanne Fluke's books. I do and if you like the "cozy mystery" category give 'em a try!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, May 25, 2016 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tresbien, I love these kind of books, and I have read a couple of Joanne's as well and enjoyed them.

Tresbien

08-26-2002

Monday, September 19, 2016 - 2:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tresbien a private message Print Post    
I was surprised to find today that my local library already has a hold list for Turbo Twenty-Three, which isn't due out until mid-November. Hope everyone else who utilizes the library as much as I do will get on the waiting list early.

Tresbien

08-26-2002

Wednesday, December 07, 2016 - 3:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tresbien a private message Print Post    
It made me laugh today when I checked my library's waitlist for Turbo Twenty-Three and found that there are 771 people ahead of me!

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Saturday, July 22, 2017 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
I met her as she was a guest at our main reference library . It was a q and a with a newspaper critic as moderator . I got her book and she signed it .

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, October 19, 2017 - 3:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Today I read about her new book The Rules of Magic. It's a prequel to Practical Magic which was later made into a movie. The wait list at the library for this was too long and I wanted to have it to read over Halloween so I actually splurged to download it. Since retiring, I never splurge on buying books any more but I did this once!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Saturday, October 21, 2017 - 7:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I don't know where my head is at these days. Obviously The Rules of Magic is by Alice Hoffman, not Janet Evonanovich. Sorry - Wrong thread!

Tresbien

08-26-2002

Sunday, November 15, 2020 - 1:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tresbien a private message Print Post    
Finished Fortune and Glory today and can say it's my favorite of the Stephanie Plum series. Don't read this one, 27, if you haven't read 26 yet.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, January 18, 2021 - 2:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I agree Tresbien, it was not as good, enjoyable or interesting as most of the other books in the Stephanie Plum series. It annoyed me that the previous 26 books had the # in the title and this last one, Fortune and Glory does not. Granted the cover does say Tantalizing Twenty Seven in small print at the bottom of the cover but it seems more like a footnote.

Tresbien

08-26-2002

Friday, April 23, 2021 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tresbien a private message Print Post    
If you're in the mood for a fun and fast-paced new Fox & O'Hare novel, give The Bounty a try. Steve Hamilton is her co-writer for this one, and I think they are a great match.

Ladyb

12-29-2007

Saturday, May 15, 2021 - 8:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ladyb a private message Print Post    
I gave up on Janet Evanovich a while back. The same old, same old that I was skipping over the grandma and Lulu sections and could finish in about 20 minutes. I did find some replacements - Jana Deleon has 2 different series. One is Miss Fortune Mystery series (20 books so far) similar to Stephanie Plum with some comedic relief but a more capable heroine. The other is the Shaye Archer series (7 books) Much darker but really interesting. Then there's the Aunt Dimity series by Nancy Atherton (24 books) just finished #8. It has some flaws but it's not always a murder and has a fun ghost to boot. Also I really like the Meg Lanslow series by Donna Andrews (30 books) I have 2 more to go.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, May 15, 2021 - 9:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Thanks Ladyb, I think I will look for the Miss Fortune Mysteries.

I have read a few of the Meg Lanslow books and think the author's titles are her best writing, the stories are bland. I just didn't care for that series.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: