TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 02, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Library: Janet Evanovich fans: Archive through February 02, 2012 users admin

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Sunday, January 29, 2012 - 12:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I am almost afraid to go see this! All of her characters are so alive and distinct in my mind that I don't know if the casting office had my same vision!

The very most satisfactory matching of casting and my mental image was Lord Peter Whimsey in a PBS series. That actor was MY LPW!!

Of all Christie's character, I had never warmed up to Poirot until I saw him played by David Suchet (spelling) on another PBS series! That was when he became "human" for me -

Reenie

06-24-2006

Monday, January 30, 2012 - 6:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Has anyone seen the movie? I'm just so totally "iffy" about Katherine Heigl as "our Stephanie". I just don't see her in the part.

Supergranny

02-03-2005

Monday, January 30, 2012 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Supergranny a private message Print Post    
Wens is senior day here and I plan on going in the morning...if anyone sees it before please give us a review. I've watched that trailer so many times LOL

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Monday, January 30, 2012 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
I've never read any of the books and I loved Katherine Heigle as the lead.... and I loved Ranger too. and Joe...and gramma.
I liked the movie, kept me interested and I was blown away to see the lady from The View as the prostitute. wow...and she was GREAT!

but I understand where a lot of you are coming from... you get such a picture in your head about what someone should look/act like that seeing the movie can be a letdown.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Monday, January 30, 2012 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
I can't find 2 for the dough :-( I really don't want to download it on my kindle and I hate that there are NO bookstores within 40 miles of my house!

Reenie

06-24-2006

Monday, January 30, 2012 - 1:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
ESCAPEE - what about buying it "used" on-line? I just checked amazon.com and you could get it delivered for $6.00 total. I see Kindle has it for $8.99. That's expensive for a book that's been out for years.

CINNAMONGIRL - thanks for that info! Glad you enjoyed it.

Knightpatti

12-05-2001

Monday, January 30, 2012 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Knightpatti a private message Print Post    
Saw the movie! The characters were all great in their parts.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Monday, January 30, 2012 - 2:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
Amazon is $6 but another &3 to ship, so we are still at $9 and that pisses me off!

Supergranny

02-03-2005

Monday, January 30, 2012 - 2:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Supergranny a private message Print Post    
Thank you so much for the reviews!! Now I can hardly wait til wens morning. The "critics" are giving it a bashing but to quote someone "the critics raved about Men Who Stare at Goats" and I couldn't even sit thru it.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Monday, January 30, 2012 - 3:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
ESCAPEE - I saw a "used" book for $2.00 plus $4.00 shipping. Better than $9!

Escapee

06-15-2004

Monday, January 30, 2012 - 3:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
Doesn't that just TICK you off?

Reenie

06-24-2006

Monday, January 30, 2012 - 3:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
I wish I still had the book - I'd just mail it to you!

Escapee

06-15-2004

Monday, January 30, 2012 - 3:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
Just ordered, free shipping at Thriftbooks.com for $4, ordered 3rd and 4th books too. Spent $10

Reenie

06-24-2006

Monday, January 30, 2012 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Good deal for sure!! YAY!

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Monday, January 30, 2012 - 6:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
Escapee, I am on a waiting list for Two for the Dough at the library.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 - 5:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I am so excited for those of you who are just discovering Stephanie and her crew! I love it when I find someone I like who has a body of work all written and waiting for me!

That is where I am right now with my piles of P. Gregory books!

Escapee

06-15-2004

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
Country, if I finish it before you get it, I'd be glad to lend it to you.

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
Aw thank you. I can't believe how much I loved the first one. I can't wait to read them all.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 - 12:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
I wonder if they get repetitive, though.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 - 12:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I'vve read all eighteen and did not find them repetitive. HOWEVER, I was reading them as they came out over aperiod of years, which is not the same effect as a couple a week to get caught up!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 - 6:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I re-read the entire series every couple of years when a new one comes out. They are still entertaining and I don't find them repetitive.

These are some of the very few books that make me laugh out loud and talk back to the characters, LOL.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Wednesday, February 01, 2012 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
WEll, it is official - "When She Woke" is in the car on its way back to the library.

I am, however, speeding along through the over-600 page "Wideacres" from P. Gregory!

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Wednesday, February 01, 2012 - 9:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
And the post above should be in the General Discussions thread - but whatever!

Escapee

06-15-2004

Thursday, February 02, 2012 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
Tntitanfan, I tried to read wideacre but was too grossed out by it.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Thursday, February 02, 2012 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I find it an interesting glimpse into a twisted mind! I HATE manipulators in RL, but Beatrice is so masterfully drawn as to be mesmerizing -

She makes Scarlett look like a pussycat!