TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 16, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Library: Janet Evanovich fans: Archive through February 16, 2014 users admin

Escapee

06-15-2004

Thursday, February 02, 2012 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
I started reading it the same time I read Backwoods (O'Dell) I didn't finish Wideacre. I was getting pretty tired of incest relationships in books, not that Game Of Thrones is much better, which is what I'm reading now.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Thursday, February 02, 2012 - 12:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Widecre is the first of a series of three books about that estate and the same family - The second book also exceeds 600 pages, but the last one is barely over 400!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, February 04, 2012 - 5:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Stephanie's stories are the only books that consistently make me laugh out loud and it usually has something to do with Lula's shenanigans.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Saturday, February 04, 2012 - 8:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
The bad thing is that I love both of her guys! I would probably be personally drawn more toward Ranger, but then gain, maybe not!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, February 13, 2012 - 10:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Wideacre? Evanovitch wrote a book called Wideacre?

Knightpatti ~ Thanks for your review of the first movie!

Like Ophiliasgrandma, I too laugh out loud while reading these books but it's usually over something the grandma did!

Escapee

06-15-2004

Monday, February 13, 2012 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
Kappy, no we got off on a tangent with wideacre, which is a P. Gregory book.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Monday, February 27, 2012 - 3:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
On the 7th book right now. I hate that these are $9 on kindle. I've reserved some from Library to go, but it seems that takes FOREVER so I've had no luck with the waitlist stuff. I read books too fast for that. Going to the library for 8 on, I guess.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Monday, February 27, 2012 - 5:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Go tomorrow and reserve numbers 8 through 18! There is not a strong enough back-story that it makes much difference what order you read them in.

Then find another author that you can enjoy while you wait! There are lots of great cozy series out there! I read between four and six books a week and manage fine with our library system, although a little pre-planning is necessary

Escapee

06-15-2004

Thursday, March 22, 2012 - 8:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
I finished all 18 books. lOl. They really need to make a TV series of this show. It's too perfect. I loved every single one of them. Now that I am finished with them, I sure feel like something is missing...

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Sunday, June 10, 2012 - 5:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I just finished watching the move 'One For The Money'. I was pretty disappointed. Grandma and Lula were totally wasted. Sherry could have knocked Lula out of the ballpark if they'ed given her anything to work with.

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Sunday, June 10, 2012 - 7:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
I am so enjoying this series. I am on number 8 and I also find my self laughing out loud. When I am reading I so can see Sherri Shepard as Lulu, but I can't see Debbie Reynolds as Grandma. The perfect actress for her, has unfortunately passed away. I could see Estelle Getty playing Grandma. The new book comes out in November.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, June 10, 2012 - 7:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL Countrydaze, I always laugh out loud at the books. I do reread the series every so often because I enjoy it so much.

OG I enjoyed the movie but I know it could be better.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, June 11, 2012 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Estelle Getty was who I always pictured when I read the very first book years ago. Reynolds wasn't goofy enough and way too glamourous.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Monday, June 11, 2012 - 4:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Don't you hate it when casting doesn't match your inner vision? David Suchet as Poirot and the guy who played Lord Peter Whimsey were perfectly as I had always "seen" them!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, November 07, 2012 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
YAY!
Notorious Nineteen

On November 20, 2012, Stephanie Plum is back in an all-new adventure. No guts, no glory, Notorious Nineteen!

Read part one of chapter one now!

New Jersey bounty hunter Stephanie Plum is certain of three truths: People don’t just vanish into thin air. Never anger old people. And don’t do what Tiki tells you to do.

After a slow summer of chasing low-level skips for her cousin Vinnie’s bail bonds agency, Stephanie Plum finally lands an assignment that could put her checkbook back in the black. Geoffrey Cubbin, facing trial for embezzling millions from Trenton’s premier assisted-living facility, has mysteriously vanished from the hospital after an emergency appendectomy. Now it’s on Stephanie to track down the con man. Unfortunately, Cubbin has disappeared without a trace, a witness, or his money-hungry wife. Rumors are stirring that he must have had help with the daring escape . . . or that maybe he never made it out of his room alive. Since the hospital staff’s lips seem to be tighter than the security, and it’s hard for Stephanie to blend in to assisted living, Stephanie’s Grandma Mazur goes in undercover. But when a second felon goes missing from the same hospital, Stephanie is forced into working side by side with Trenton’s hottest cop, Joe Morelli, in order to crack the case.

The real problem is, no Cubbin also means no way to pay the rent. Desperate for money—or maybe just desperate—Stephanie accepts a secondary job guarding her secretive and mouthwatering mentor Ranger from a deadly Special Forces adversary. While Stephanie is notorious for finding trouble, she may have found a little more than she bargained for this time around. Then again—a little food poisoning, some threatening notes, and a bridesmaid’s dress with an excess of taffeta never killed anyone . . . or did they? If Stephanie Plum wants to bring in a paycheck, she’ll have to remember: No guts, no glory.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, November 07, 2012 - 1:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yay!!!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, January 12, 2013 - 9:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Finally started reading 'Nineteen' last night. No opinion yet.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, January 21, 2013 - 3:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Enjoyed it but no surprises.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Coming November 19th..I'm in line at the library for it pretty near the front.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Sunday, August 04, 2013 - 11:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I got on the library waiting list yesterday! It seems once they order it, you can get on the list - who knew? Anyway, I am #78, and they have ordered 55 copies, so I should have it before Christmas!

My Phi Beta Kappa book club has chosed Pat Conroy's "The Water is Wide" for our next book. Is anyone familiar with it? Not a big Conroy fan myself -

Yesitsme

08-24-2004

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Yesitsme a private message Print Post    
Not a list for our library yet. I need to remember to keep checking!

Milosmom

06-10-2006

Thursday, October 31, 2013 - 1:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Milosmom a private message Print Post    
There are several Stephanie Plum books on sale today for $1.26 for Kindle. Mostly the higher series book. I got 5 so far! I use that ereader price drop website and it alerts you. Got some good deals that way!

Yesitsme

08-24-2004

Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 9:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Yesitsme a private message Print Post    
Finally watched the One for the Money movie. Thought it was pretty good. Was surprised I liked Katherine Heigl as Stephanie...I hadn't thought I would. She looked good as a brunette. Didn't like the casting of Debbie Reynolds as Grandma or the guy playing Ranger. They didn't match my images. Both were likeable enough, I just had a hard time matching them with what I knew. Think the script could have been better, but it was OK overall. (Not a real shiny endorsement, now that I think about it.)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
But it was fun to see them on the screen wasn't it Yesitsme. I really enjoyed the whole thing and was sad when it was over.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Probably heresy to admit I'm not a fan of these books, but I really enjoyed the fluffy film. Are any sequels in the works?