TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Fantasy Island

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Fantasy Island users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through August 17, 2021Dipo25 08-17-21  3:31 pm
Archive through October 03, 2021Lycanthrope25 10-03-21  8:23 pm
Archive through January 26, 2023Babyjaxmom25 01-26-23  2:55 pm
Archive through February 21, 2023Vsmart25 02-21-23  9:20 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, March 07, 2023 - 4:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I could barely concentrate on the episode last night because I was so distracted by Marie Osmond's plastic surgery.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, March 07, 2023 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hahahaha, Naja ... it took me half the show to figure out who she was! I kept thinking it should be Marie Osmond but it didn't look like her, LOL.

Finally about half way thru she did something that made me say outloud to my kitties ... That is Marie Osmond!

So glad I wasn't the only one.

Vsmart

02-09-2003

Tuesday, March 07, 2023 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
With Helene leaving, will Elena get back together with Javier?
How many episodes to find out?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, March 07, 2023 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Vsmart, they have to build the suspense... so I'm sure they'll drag it out.

I liked Helene...sorry to see her go!

Vsmart

02-09-2003

Wednesday, April 19, 2023 - 8:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
Neither couple got their fantasy fulfilled, because the islands gives people what they need rather than want they want.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, April 19, 2023 - 1:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
That was cute how the older couple were the parents on the original "Wonder Years".

Vsmart

02-09-2003

Wednesday, April 26, 2023 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
Elena & Javier spent the night together, but will Ruby leave the show?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, April 26, 2023 - 9:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think there is something more nefarious about Isla, that Ruby has yet to discover. She'll stay.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, April 26, 2023 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
It looked like Isla is somehow making Ruby's memories fade...Elena had to prod Ruby to get her to remember her own husband of many years. Maybe her memories are getting replaced with that siren-song stuck in her head.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, April 26, 2023 - 11:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yes, Sanfran... I forgot about that!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, April 26, 2023 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Dare I say I’m not that big of a Ruby fan. I took it as Ruby was so distracted by Isla she wasn’t really paying attention to Elena but SFJFs theory makes more sense.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, April 26, 2023 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Yep, ITA. Gotta watch out for those sneaky mermaids. 🧜‍♀️ 🧜‍♂️

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, April 26, 2023 - 2:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I'd have to go back to the epi where Elena and Isla spoke... as I recall there was something in that conversation that spoke to why Elena told her to stay away.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, April 26, 2023 - 11:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
You had to be watching the scene where Isla and Elena spoke to catch a one second glimpse of Isla's mermaid tail as she departed.

I haven't watched the latest episode yet.

Vsmart

02-09-2003

Thursday, April 27, 2023 - 8:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
Elena talked about the feud between the Roarkes and the mermaids(merpeople?)

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, April 29, 2023 - 2:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Isla is not a mermaid. A mermaid is half human/half fish, like Ariel. A siren is like an "evil" mermaid who lures sailors to their death. I hope Isla isn't trying to lure Ruby to her death. She'll come to her senses. I like how she and Elena work together.

This is such a sweet little show. It's fun, just like the original was. It's a throwback to my childhood, watching on Saturday nights with my mom and dad.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, April 29, 2023 - 4:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
So, I went online and found the clip where Elena tells Isla she needs to leave Ruby alone. It's very ominous, but she tells Isla that she can't take Ruby. She also says she told Ruby that mermaids don't exist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgrixbsIX0w

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, April 29, 2023 - 10:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Babyjaxom and Karuuna. I noticed in this last episode that the producers made a point to show both of the characters in bed together, and the shot started at the feet and panned upwards. There were definitely four human feet in that shot. No tails were in evidence.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, April 29, 2023 - 10:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Juju - you said you glimpsed her tail in a previous scene. I did, too...it was when Isla wanted Ruby to follow her because she wanted to show her something. Isla was leading the way and as her head went underwater, there was about 1 second of her tail breaking the surface as she dove down.

Also, in mermaid movies I've seen, they can come on land and...usually for a limited time...they'll have legs and feet until they return to the sea and their tails return. Also, if they stay on land too long they lose their tails and remain "legged" forever....all dependent on the writers though. Like Vamps, mermaids sometimes have different rules on different shows with different writers. :-)

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, April 29, 2023 - 11:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I found that one second tail from the latest episode:

You see her tail towards the end of this clip and Ruby gasps when she sees it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSGVM4lDIJ8

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, April 30, 2023 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yes, I saw the tail too... so I'm not clear exactly what Isla is.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, April 30, 2023 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I think she's bad and Ruby is going to be shocked when she finds out.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, April 30, 2023 - 9:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Right, in the last episode I watched, we saw Isla with feet in the bed scene and a tail in the water scene. I saw both of those scenes, although I had to replay the bed scene a dozen times to count feet and determine which ways they were pointing.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, May 01, 2023 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
So wondering if the name Isla (island) has any significance? As in, maybe the island is "testing" Ruby...to see if she really wants to stay. If Isla is a "mermaid" with good intentions and Ruby leaves with her to also become a mermaid...would the magic of the island stop working and she would age and become sick again and die? Trying to remember if the tingling in Ruby's tattoo coincides with Ruby wanting to leave island or when Isla is around. I wasn't really paying attention.

Interesting that Sirens (Seirenes) in mythology were really half bird half human, not half fish.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, May 09, 2023 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Alls well that ends well. It took me to the end of the show to recognize Jason Priestly. It’s comforting to see a man age as much as a woman.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, May 09, 2023 - 3:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Great to see Jason Priestley.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, May 11, 2023 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I recognized Jason Priestly right away. He certainly has aged, but he still has those piercing blue eyes.

I hope the last episode settled the question of whether Isla was a mermaid or a siren. She was definitely a siren, and Rourke even called her "una sirena."

Ruby and her daughter reconnecting made me sob. I just lost my mother about 2 1/2 years ago, so I could really relate. I was glad they made their peace.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 11, 2023 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I guess this last show was a good way to end the series, but I'm sad it's over.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, May 11, 2023 - 5:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
(((BJM)))

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: